DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that is NG. But that's an early video. I think I saw one where her face is shown.

Could be shot nerves or autocorrect too. Sometimes I write like a non-native speaker when texting.

So I wonder why she would say that Thursday would be her normal day if she said this too (or later)

"Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Which means that when he told her in person on the Wednesday that Amy was going out, she wasn't at their house but at the studio in Chantilly. Methinks she's having a hard time keeping her story straight, imo and that phone records when they come will be very revealing.

Forward to 1 minute 07 on the video. The reporter says that usually this woman goes on a Thursday to help clean but got a text message saying "I want to make sure you're not coming today and come on Monday or any other day but not today"
isn't this NG?

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Woodley-Park-Bodies-Fire-Death-303794761.html
I suggest you move on from that early NBC video and read some of the Washington Post articles. Here is a good one:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Edit to add:

Oh, I get it, you are accusing the other housekeeper? Good Lord!

Anyone familiar with firefighter protocol? Is it standard for firefighters to do CPR on fire victims regardless of their condition? A neighbor said she saw them performing CPR on a woman. Wondering if all got CPR or whether the woman was the last to be attacked and did they think there was still hope for her?

"They said Friday that three victims had wounds."

They haven't disclosed how the fourth victim died. I'm assuming the fourth victim is the one who received CPR. So...was one person alive at the time the fire was set? Perhaps this person died of smoke inhalation?

I think we're going too far down the rabbit hole here. He's a real estate developer, maybe set up the company as a base for Cuban operations?
Curious where are you seeing that he was a developer. From what I'm seeing, he was President and CEO of a metal fabrication company. The company worked with large construction companies in the DC area on projects funded by some of the big developers, but not seeing that he was a developer in his own right. It looks like maybe the building in Chantilly was property he owned and was "developing," and he appeared to be trying to get into finance with the hedge fund, but he certainly was not one of the big name developers in the DMV.

Has anyone said, "Curiouser and curiouser" yet? If not, allow me the honors.

The second housekeeper was told twice not to come, is that correct? First on Wednesday, she got an actual call from husband, saying everyone is sick, don't come tomorrow, and please tell the husband of the second housekeeper that her phone is dead and she is sleeping over.

Then the next morning, a text making absolutely sure she does not come.

Now that's odd to me too. The perp had already put her off and had all night to do whatever he planned. Surely, that's plenty of time to get out by the time she arrives the next day. Why would he care who found the bodies?

Why did he need to stay so long? So long that it required another call?

IIRC The car was out on thursday at 10:30? maybe to take someone to the bank and make a withdrawal.

That car was seen near the house about 10:30 a.m. Thursday.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...terest-in-Woodley-Park-Slaying-304020911.html

"Minutes before 10 a.m., Gutierrez got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.” Gutierrez, who was then cleaning another home in McLean, replied that she would not be coming, per Savvas Savopoulos’s earlier orders, according to the police documents."

(Same article)

I think we're going too far down the rabbit hole here. He's a real estate developer, maybe set up the company as a base for Cuban operations?

Go back two pages, you'll see this posted by someone:

Puerto Rico Creates Tax Shelters in Appeal to the Rich
By LYNNLEY BROWNING and JULIE CRESWELL MARCH 25, 2013 8:09 PM March 25, 2013

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/03/...l-to-the-rich/

"Known for its white-sand beaches and killer rums, Puerto Rico hopes to stake a new claim: tax haven for the wealthy.

Since the beginning of the year, the island has gone on a campaign to promote tax incentives that took effect last year, marketing its beautiful beaches, private schools and bargain costs in an effort to lure well-heeled hedge fund managers and business executives to its shores.

So far, Puerto Rico’s pitch has attracted a handful of under-the-radar millionaires. Several American executives of mostly smaller financial firms say they have already relocated to the island, and Puerto Rican officials say another 40 persons, mostly from the United States, have applied.

A must read article, imo.

If one ranked this from one to ten with 10 being, "Inside job involving family members" and 1 representing a mere "Random home invasion," where would you rank this one?

I mostly lurk, rarely post but have to say that it is bizarre that his hedge fund is located in the same place the martial arts studio was purportedly being built, Chantilly, VA, which is a remote suburb of DC IMO. This is local to me, and Chantilly VA is an odd place to locate a hedge fund. JMHO.

The address of the hedge fund is the same address as the AIW Virginia plant so that explains that.

I would also like to point out that he was not an employee of AIW - he fully owned the company.

He seems to be the sole owner of both the PR and BVI companies. I am assuming they were set up as a sort of wealth management strategy.

BBM

"D.C. police are seeing a "person of interest" captured on surveillance video in the slaying of a family and their housekeeper in Woodley Park neighborhood on Thursday...

Police also are seeing a car in connection with the murder: a 2008 blue Porsche 911 with D.C. license plates DK 2418."

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...terest-in-Woodley-Park-Slaying-304020911.html

I hope I don't offend anyone by being a bit silly here, but the "Police are seeing.." phrases in the article made me chuckle. It sounds like they are look in a crystal ball.

Okay, back to business....

If one ranked this from one to ten with 10 being, "Inside job involving family members" and 1 representing a mere "Random home invasion," where would you rank this one?

I see the strong possibility of an 'inside job'----but not necessarily family members involved. Maybe employees or business associates?

I am having doubt's that philip was home due to injuries, or that the battery was dead in the housekeepers phone. jmo idk

On Wednesday night, Gutierrez told police, she got the voice mail from Savvas Savopoulos saying that his wife was sick and Philip was home from school with an injury.

He told her that Figueroa was going to stay the night to help, but that her phone had died and she had no charger. He asked the housekeeper to call Figueroa’s relatives to relay the message.
BBM

This is the part of the story which I cannot comprehend at all...assuming everything was fine that night. WHY would he not loan his phone to the housekeeper to make the call directly to her family? Why call Gutierrez asking her to relay a message? In other words, WHY did the housekeeper who was staying the night not call her family herself? Had something already happened to Figueroa?

And then there is the text message the next morning to Gutierrez. How convenient...a text message could have been sent by anyone.

:waitasec:

MOO

I am wondering if the perp has a particular fondness for the housekeeper who got the text. Seems like someone wanted to make certain she would not be at the house that day.

I see the strong possibility of an 'inside job'----but not necessarily family members involved. Maybe employees or business associates?
Yep, agreed. I was thinking about this on the way home and decided a "7" was about right.

Curious where are you seeing that he was a developer. From what I'm seeing, he was President and CEO of a metal fabrication company. The company worked with large construction companies in the DC area on projects funded by some of the big developers, but not seeing that he was a developer in his own right. It looks like maybe the building in Chantilly was property he owned and was "developing," and he appeared to be trying to get into finance with the hedge fund, but he certainly was not one of the big name developers in the DMV.

His company played a major role in building the Verizon Center and CityCenter (on the site of the old Convention Center). He might not have been a developer in the conventional sense along the lines of Herb Miller, Jim Abdo, Chip Akridge, etc. But his company was very much in the mix. And these companies tend to be very malleable as to what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1