DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If one ranked this from one to ten with 10 being, "Inside job involving family members" and 1 representing a mere "Random home invasion," where would you rank this one?

I'm going to rank it at 5 .. Either acquaintance or someone he knew via business losing their mind and trying to take what isn't rightfully theirs or outraged at their smallish slice of the pie and going psycho for want of a better term.

I found the sons fb, he is very much into go-karting. Also grandparents (husband's parents) are on fb. Could be a family business that the grandfather started in 1948 as was stated in an earlier post.

You're right, too easy disprove ownership so I would imagine this was correct. Good find. The go kart/racing connection is also interesting.

He also owns the domain name for www.AmericanIronworks.com which wouldn't happen with a regular employee.

Speaking of domains - he owned a lot of them 60+. The afore mentioned AIW site, some associated with his own name, many associated with the various companies he created (none of those sites are active but he did use emails associated with them), a couple seemed to have something to do with brain injuries in young people (again, no content on these sites but I wonder if this was a cause they supported), and many (15-20) site names associated with various forms of marshall arts. We know he had a strong interest in martial arts but it is interesting he owned so many domain names related to it.

Tweet NBC12

@BruceLeshan: NEW: Law enforcement source tells me fire started in kid's room. Money missing from house. #savopoulos @wusa9
I am looking through his tweets and can't find that one. Do you have a direct link to his tweet, please?

Add: I also can't find any such info at the WUSA website.

Add: NEVERMIND! I found it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/599262661189177344

NEW: Law enforcement source tells me fire started in kid's room. Money missing from house. #savopoulos @wusa9
10:18 AM - 15 May 2015 from Washington, DC

It's from 10:00 AM Friday morning.

I think a person in a hoodie would have blended in, especially if it was in the morning. We had chilly morning temperatures on Thursday - in the 40's. When I ran errands in the Woodley Park neighborhood that day I wore yoga pants and long sleeves, and had a conversation with someone when I was out about how cold it was that morning.

In the early evening when I cycled by the scene on my way home from work (I didn't know it was a crime scene then) it was much warmer and I was remembering that, but now that you mention it I do recall it was cool in the morning and I decided to wear tights rather than have bare legs.

I think the housekeeper was dead at that time, not her phone.

I thought the same. I thought it was such a stupid reason for someone not to call themselves. Rich household, three kids, they must have had drawers full of different phone chargers, usb chargers from over the years. I thought it was because he had to think of a way to put her husband off from coming over looking for her and that was the best he could come up with. He sounded tense, I imagined, because he'd lost control and she was a witness that had had to be silenced too. His sister said he sounded fine on the phone. I 'm wondering if he phoned her, and maybe others, as his way of saying goodbye and that's why he had to wait until the morning, though I'm sure that the other three were dead (or he thought they were) well before then.

I wondered what the likelihood of a concerned person who may, or may not be, connected with any of the deceased, but known enough to not spook the dogs out and knowlegable on how to get into the house without being seen by the grass cutters, might see an opportunity to steal items of value and then start the fire to try and obstruct the investigation and destroy any possible DNA he'd left.

When it was first reported, the text was seen as Amy trying to 'save' the housekeeper in some way, or trying to warn her indirectly that something was wrong. I thought what if somebody else used the phone, someone that knew she used to work Thursdays and was double checking just to make sure she really wasn't due in?

I found the sons fb, he is very much into go-karting. Also grandparents (husband's parents) are on fb. Could be a family business that the grandfather started in 1948 as was stated in an earlier post.
Interesting about the possibility that it was a family business. One of the earliest articles said he was a lawyer with a firm in P.G. County, MD, and also that he was Pres/CEO of AIW, and ran a hedge fund. Which seemed like a lot to be doing at once. The article said that the reporter had reached out to the law firm and it had no comment. I'm thinking that the lawyer info was outdated but somehow still online; it could be that he left the law a while back and took over the family business.

He also owns the domain name for www.AmericanIronworks.com which wouldn't happen with a regular employee.

Speaking of domains - he owned a lot of them 60+. The afore mentioned AIW site, some associated with his own name, many associated with the various companies he created (none of those sites are active but he did use emails associated with them), a couple seemed to have something to do with brain injuries in young people (again, no content on these sites but I wonder if this was a cause they supported), and many (15-20) site names associated with various forms of marshall arts. We know he had a strong interest in martial arts but it is interesting he owned so many domain names related to it.
The mother's fb has recent posts about concussions in young people in sports.

I wonder what their connection is and why they have an interest.

The mother's fb has recent posts about concussions in young people in sports.

I wonder what their connection is and why they have an interest.
Perhaps because the son was supposedly home from school because he was injured in a go-kart accident?

Perhaps because the son was supposedly home from school because he was injured in a go-kart accident?
The posts are recent within a few months. Not last week unless he had a previous injury months ago. The posts seem to focus on football.

It has to be a longer interest then the supposed recent injury. They own website domains.

The posts are recent within a few months. Not last week unless he had a previous injury months ago. The posts seem to focus on football.

It has to be a longer interest then the supposed recent injury. They own website domains.

Unless I'm missing something, those posts regarding concussions are from early 2014 and 2013.

Unless I'm missing something, those posts regarding concussions are from early 2014 and 2013.
Sorry my mistake, the concussion posts are from 2013.

My point is that they aren't because of the recent go-karting incident.

I suggest you move on from that early NBC video and read some of the Washington Post articles. Here is a good one:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Edit to add:

Oh, I get it, you are accusing the other housekeeper? Good Lord!

BBM:

I agree that being up to date is a good thing, but feel obliged to point out that The Washington Post is not the stellar source of solid journalism it once was. They make pretty egregious errors on such a regular basis (simple things like names and dates), that I would look to secondary sources to confirm whatever they're reporting.

Still, if that's the best source we've got, let's start with the info they provide. I just hope no one makes the mistake of taking what they report at face value. I would look to the local television stations for more reliable information.

JMO

I found this which is a list of candidates for election to the IFA Board of Appeals. It reads in part:

This was probably written by him or condensed from a formal bid made by him to be considered for election to the position, but I don't think it would be something he would lie about. It would be too easy to disprove and cause a real loss of credibility for himself.

It appears he was subsequently elected to this position. Just as an FYI FIA appears to be the governing body for Formula 1 racing and other motor sports. They also appear to support Go-karting which is only interesting in the sense that his son had supposedly received some injuries from that sport.

ETA - the AIW website lists the Chantilly facility: http://www.americanironworks.com/Contact.aspx

Oh interesting! Go karting is an entree into Formula 1 racing, you never know .. people can get quite hot headed around their sports ..

I'm going to stick with money being a major motivator here .. the more comes out the more it seems that way, as opposed to a simple power / influence motivation.

The websites were registered in April 2013.

The websites were registered in April 2013.
Right around when the posts start. She also comments about how they are dealing with the long term effects. Sounds like someone close to the family had a concussion with lasting effects back in 2013

I am wondering if the perp has a particular fondness for the housekeeper who got the text. Seems like someone wanted to make certain she would not be at the house that day.

I agree, that whoever sent the text message to Gutierrez, really did NOT want her to appear during the time this crime was being committed. Or, it could have another meaning?

IMHO

I find it odd, if Gutierrez was so unsettled by the phone call from Savopoulos and then the text from the wife, that she didn't contact police or someone after she tried to call the wife and the wife didn't answer. I'm not saying she's involved, but there feels like a disconnect between her actions and how strange and unlike them she said it all was.

And---total speculation with no evidence here--if someone you knew was at the home committing a crime that you had helped that person set up, what better way to clear you in the minds of all by having said person text you from the wife's phone, "saving your life" and clearing you of any suspicion in one fell swoop. Just an idea.

And---total speculation with no evidence here--if someone you knew was at the home committing a crime that you had helped that person set up, what better way to clear you in the minds of all by having said person text you from the wife's phone, "saving your life" and clearing you of any suspicion in one fell swoop. Just an idea.

Hejlena:

I think you have been reading my mind!!!

Definitely a red flag there!

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members