DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something sounds a little fishy about this housekeepers story. How would she know for sure the other housekeeper slept there the night before if she never even got ahold of them that next day? She said she was there on Wedsday so she could have known the plans but the way she worded it was definite. Sounds terribly fishy.
LE really needs to check out her story. Things are not adding up. When she got no call back from family she would have had to know something is wrong.
Whole family being sick is preposterous and nobody would believe that, even her.
I dont buy her story right now.
LE should be able to tell who she knows and if she has traveled to Maryland or lives in Maryland.
Follow the money. Watch her bank accounts for deposits or suddenly being more well off than usual. Or new jewelry, etc.
I wonder if she even worked there for 20 full years like she says. Perhaps she got fed up realizing she would never be well off enough and got resentment.

And she says the "family" was sick. Like the whole family all got sick overnight? Any normal human being would have gotten suspicous about this. This makes no sense at all.

"A housekeeper who has worked for the family for 20 years told FOX 5's Marina Marraco that she was at the home on Wednesday. She said the couple, their 10-year-old son and another housekeeper slept in the home that night. The housekeeper received a text message Thursday morning from the mother and told her to not come by the house because the family was sick. When she called to respond to the text message, the phone call was not picked up. "

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

She received a voicemail on Wednesday evening from SS that the other housekeeper was spending the night. She knew this Wednesday evening (though we all doubt the housekeeper "spent the night" willingly) and thought SS's voice was tense.

Police have said all four deaths are being investigated as homicide. They said Friday that three victims had wounds.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

I wonder if the cause of death is smoke inhalation? I know it has been reported that some had wounds/trauma but I wonder if they were left alive and the fire was set the kill them.

Perhaps that explains why witnesses reported that CPR was performed on one of the female victims? I believe we've established that would have been Amy?

"Jacqueline Rizik, another neighbor, said that she saw firefighters carry a woman from the house on a stretcher. Rizik said that it appeared that firefighters tried to perform CPR before the woman was taken away in an ambulance."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4df8ee-fa6f-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

Maybe this has been posted (sorry if it's a repeat)

I found this go-karting report and video. Not that it's helpful to the case, but maybe Philip was indeed home due to some type of go-kart injury?

It's dated May 4, 2015 and states "...with Philip Savopoulos (Praga) going over, complaining of a leg injury."
(2nd paragraph under Benik Kart TaG Cadet)

http://ekartingnews.com/2015/05/04/...heels-pro-tour-springnationals-sunday-report/

I had also seen somewhere that he was home due to a leg injury from a go-kart race.

Detective Rod Wheeler, former DC Washington homicide detective, commented on the case and said because knives were used it might point to it being a person of Latin descent committing the crimes (knives and blunt force trauma). He said that typically in that area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) handguns are the weapon of choice. I have no clue. He said the 48 hours leading up to the murders is more important in this case. ? If you read comments some people believe it is a woman. I can't tell diddly squat. He also said that the housekeeper that was killed lived New Carollton, Maryland only a couple of blocks from where the car was set on fire, which also happened to be close to the iron works business.
If the latin descent part is true, maybe this person was there who knew the maid and planned it with her or without. Maybe it was this maid who was given CPR and still alive. Maybe she did not get stabbed or hit because this person knew her. He set fire, left real quick and she might have gotten smoke inhalation which killed her.

Couldn't knives also mean the crime wasn't particularly planned, but one thing led to the next and the person didn't arrive with weapons, I mean, they didn't even arrive in their own car! I bet working LE are just loving this former homicide detective adding in his two cents.

I think the knives used were from the residence and not brought, if that is what was used to cut/stab/slash.jmo idk

Detective Rod Wheeler, former DC Washington homicide detective, commented on the case and said because knives were used it might point to it being a person of Latin descent committing the crimes (knives and blunt force trauma). He said that typically in that area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) handguns are the weapon of choice. I have no clue. He said the 48 hours leading up to the murders is more important in this case. ? If you read comments some people believe it is a woman. I can't tell diddly squat. He also said that the housekeeper that was killed lived New Carollton, Maryland only a couple of blocks from where the car was set on fire, which also happened to be close to the iron works business.
If the latin descent part is true, maybe this person was there who knew the maid and planned it with her or without. Maybe it was this maid who was given CPR and still alive. Maybe she did not get stabbed or hit because this person knew her. He set fire, left real quick and she might have gotten smoke inhalation which killed her.

I don't want to malign the reputation of either housekeeper, but I believe they were both from El Salvador? The MS-13 gang (most members of which are from Central America), has a big criminal presence in the area where the car was found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

ETA:

In the DC area, most MS-13 members are from El Salvador.

Also, although we don't know at this point what exact weapon(s) were used, MS-13 members have a reputation of using machetes as their weapon of choice.

She received a voicemail on Wednesday evening from SS that the other housekeeper was spending the night. She knew this Wednesday evening (though we all doubt the housekeeper "spent the night" willingly) and thought SS's voice was tense.

NG said she did not listen to the Wednesday night voicemail until Thursday morning.

I had also seen somewhere that he was home due to a leg injury from a go-kart race.

Right. Per a news report SS told housekeeper (the living one) that his wife was ill, and their 10-year-old son was recovering from injuries suffered in a go-kart crash.

Yeah, I was just wondering (IF at the time SS told this to the housekeeper) was something "criminal" already afoot and a ruse to keep her away. I wondered if the wife was really ill and the son did have an injury. So, it seems this was true and not a ruse... well, at least the part about the son.

I don't want to malign the reputation of either housekeeper, but I believe they were both from El Salvador? The MS-13 gang (most members of which are from Central America), has a big criminal presence in the area where the car was found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-13

ETA:

In the DC area, most MS-13 members are from El Salvador.

Also, not that we know at this point what exact weapons were used, MS-13 members have a reputation of using machetes as their weapon of choice.

I think this MS-13 post bears looking into.

I find it interesting that where the car was left is an easy walk to the New Carrollton metro station. Most youths are quite adept at using metro as a means of getting around town, so I imagine he would be very familiar with it. Since New Carrollton is the terminus of the Orange Line, IF he took metro, he'd be headed back towards DC.

IF he got away via metro, that would suggest that he lives somewhere between the New Carrollton station and areas of PG County and NE DC which are convenient to the Orange Line stations.

I'm confident that the Metro police have already considered all this. They are quite familiar with criminals crossing into MD (usually to avoid arrest) and have developed close working relationships with the various police departments in neighboring Maryland jurisdictions.

Thanks for the local knowledge insight. I agree its very possible he used mass transit.

If so, then LE should be able to pick up the same character on video which is good news.

If he was working in cohoots with lets say the maid, then they did their best to keep their knowledge of each other separate. They would purposely go out of their way to pretend not to know each other.

At some point before and after the crime, there would have to be communication between the 2 of them if he was working with someone in planning. LE probably has surveilance on all the maids and help I would guess.

I think it was more of an inside job than a housekeeper or someone that they knew. I cannot say who I think planned this (TOS) but I think LE knows and is collecting their evidence and keeping up the appearance that the person responsible for planning it is not a suspect. Jmo oh and I think the planner had a friend do the actual crime.

Does anyone else think it's strange that the maid NG says, "I don't know why God chose to save me." ? I mean, it seems like she's being defensive when no one said anything about it. You'd think she'd be more upset/concerned and focused on the murdered family, but she goes straight to herself being saved.

It appears by SS Internet footprint and how much he was liked and the experience/back ground of his friends they are more then likely trying to figure out what had occurred as well and I don't believe it will take long for the perp(s) to be found.

The 2008 Porsche 911 has an optional Navigation System add on. If this was added to the family's Porsche, could it provide tracking information even if the perp didn't use it? Does it collect satellite info at all times?

Comfort and convenience options
The PCM system of both the 911 Carrera and Carrera S Coupes can be improved with an optional
DVD-based navigation system. The navigation DVD is located in the luggage compartment,
allowing the slot in the system in the center console to be used for audio CDs.
The navigation module allows rapid availability of routes and map updating and 23 zoom stages to
a resolution of some 55 yards (50 meters). For 2008, the navigation system has been enhanced
and both New Zealand and Brazil have been added to the database.

Regarding the time gap with the car, maybe he/she really wanted to keep that sporty car, hid it somewhere for a while then got scared and decided to torch it.

Does anyone else think it's strange that the maid NG says, "I don't know why God chose to save me." ? I mean, it seems like she's being defensive when no one said anything about it. You'd think she'd be more upset/concerned and focused on the murdered family, but she goes straight to herself being saved.
I don't think that sounds "defensive" at all and is one of the most common responses people have when they are surrounded by others who have died while they themselves have not. It's called survivors guilt. I feel sorry for this poor woman I am sure she was quite attached to them having worked for them for so long.

NG said she did not listen to the Wednesday night voicemail until Thursday morning.

So the housekeeper #1's husband never got the message about his wife staying the night??? Okay, now my hinky meter clicked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1