DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it should have been in his car, yet it wasn't.

JMO

No. He put the red bag into manila envelope and left it in the car in the garage. So it shouldn't have been in his car and it wasn't.

police didn't find stuff in JW'S car they expected to, like band, and bank documents.

I guess its up to our individual interpretations to find out what that means. frankly I think the police expected them to be there if he was telling the truth.

JMO

No. The red bag was left in the Mosler.

Not according to story #2. According to story #2 the money was supposed to be put in the envelope. Nothing about JW being required to leave his property at the S house and it doesn't say his bag was placed in the envelope.

police didn't find stuff in JW'S car they expected to, like band, and bank documents.

I guess its up to our individual interpretations to find out what that means. frankly I think the police expected them to be there if he was telling the truth.

JMO
No, police expected them to be there if he was lying. If he was telling the truth, then he left it all in the car in the garage.

Read the post I just made. It explains this.

And this actually kind of says what happened. He put the money in the red bag. Then he put the money - that is contained within the red bag - in the Manilla envelope.

It is your assumption that he placed the red bag into the envelope but it isn't what he said. LE can only go upon exactly what he told them because he also claimed to own the red bag.

JMO

JMO

Exactly.

JMO

It tells me that he drove to their home when alerted to the fire and parked where he could because of firefighting activity.

He talked to LE at the scene, rode with them (at their request no doubt) to the station for interview. His car was impounded as standard procedure, search warrant issued.

Stating the his car was found wherever it was located, is just that: where the car was located. I dislike using the word "terminated" to indicate someone's no longer working at a job. Termination implies "fired" to a lot of people, myself included, but in reality, it merely means the employee is no longer working there. I'm not talking about JW being fired, because that's the word used, but using this as an example of how words can be ascribed a different meaning than what is intended.

The car was located or found where it was located or found. Some people seem to be inferring that it mean he was trying to hide his car.

If he took AS car, how did he get back to the home after being notified of fire?

Just because LE is checking you out, it doesn't mean you're guilty of anything.

Investigation will also rule out someone as being involved. :D

So maybe at least speculations that he was seen driving Porsche away from the scene or running away from it in the video can be put to rest?
It clearly can not have been him.
Although some people still insist that somehow it could have been. But I don't think he figured out a secret of how to be in two places at the same time.

JMO

Why would they be in his car if he dropped the red bag and 4 bundles of money still within their wrappers in the Mosler??

The charging docs. state that JW's final version of how he delivered the money is that he put "the cash" into a manilla envelope he found in the designated unlocked car. Those documents do not state he put the red bag into that envelope, just the cash itself, at least as per his account after he admitted to lying. The charging docs refer to the bag as a "red lined bag," which could mean a few different things: a red bag that is lined inside with some kind of material/color; a bag with red lining inside it; a red bag with lines on it--as in striped or decorated somehow.
Certainly, one can interpret the account of JW's story to investigators to mean that he conveys implicitly that he put the "red lined bag" in the manilla envelope he found in the car. But literally, verbatim, that is not what he's documented as saying.
We have great leeway to interpret what the "bag" looks like.
Other than in news stories, if some one can find another LE-sourced document stating a description of the bag, that would help us.
As some threads back, we agree that punctuation is important. These days it is somewhat at one's discretion (commas most especially) in journalism, for instance, and though in an official document a transcriptionist might go out of her way to clarify with commas, she also might happen to write "red lined bag" instead of "red, lined bag" or "red and lined bag" and we could still debate!
Most likely the bag was red. The "bag" could have been a cash envelope or a duffle bag or a wallet-sized bag. What think anyone as to the size according to the purpose?
Anywhere this bag is described as other than "bag," or the instruction as other than picking up a "package?" With the news stories, we get an interpreted version. Daily Mail Online iirc states that JW recounted the employee as handing him a red bag, when the CD makes very clear that W-1, in his account post-lying, contends he brought his own bag with him to the bank and that that is the bag at hand so to speak.

JW told LE the Manila envelope was in his car, not the Mosler.

It is your assumption that he placed the red bag into the envelope but it isn't what he said. LE can only go upon exactly what he told them because he also claimed to own the red bag.

JMO

It's been published in msm. As such clearly can be used here as a fact and not as poster's assumption.

JMO

It was stated yesterday by local news that this was in fact what happened.

Why would they still be looking for the red bag in DDW's warrant, if the red bag wasn't left there.

The CD said that JW put the money in a red bag. Then he said he put the money in the envelope. He never stated he took the money OUT of the red bag.

Once more information comes out, I'll be really interested to see what JW's day was like on Thursday. At the bank at 9am, doesn't drop off the package until close to 10:30, then heads out to Virginia, misses a call from SS just before noon, somehow gets word of the fire in less than 20 minutes after fire trucks are dispatched, and then his car is found a block away from the house.

I still slipped off the fence I had been on though...

IMO only

Good run-down of JW day as it seems is corroborated by others, his cell, photos... but does is package/money drop-off time
corroborated in any way? I know he sent a text from his cell to SS's at 10:24 (was it?) stating he had dropped off and that he claims he dropped off close to 10:30, but his cell phone had not been confiscated yet so we do not know for sure where he was and we do not know really in what way he delivered the money, to whom, or how much do we? I could have missed something.
The last time the Porsche was seen was close to 10:30 a.m., yes? By the lawn crew?
Mr. F. looked for his wife at the house abt. 9:30?
A witness claims to have seen the Porsche driven at high speed and erratically by a short-haired black male at "approximately 1:30 p.m." (from CD).

IF JW was at the scene of the fire as fire fighters were battling it and discovering the bodies and IF this is when LE located him for interviewing, then he could not be the one driving the Porsche IF the witnesses' recollection of the time he saw it driven is correct. Now LE could have come up with other videos of car being driven or other witnesses by now so as to better pin-point the time it was driven away from the house and to help identify the driver.

To me, that JW's car was found parked near the scene of the fire, with his being present at the scene at around the same time, and his being on video at Lowe's around noon, is not suspicious and does not suggest he drove the Porsche at any point that day.

I fell from the fence because of JW's changing account of when he was first contacted about Picking up the money at the bank, how it was he was given the money, and the precise details of his delivering it.

Everything else could have some innocent explanation or we just have so little to go on as of yet.

I think we are seeing the tip of the iceberg.

For the sake of argument, is there a link to the red bag in manilla envelope?

TIA

Can you help me with this Pop??

It says this was issued on May 15th. Which would have been Friday. I don't see a time, but I could have missed it.

It was reported his car was found a block away when the SW was executed. I think, right?

But then the SW says it was executed May21st. A week after the crime?? I am confused.

Was his car being held at the crime scene that whole time??

They took custody of his car on the 14th though.

These are large distances to drive here. From the bank into DC, from DC to Chantilly and back, I'd say each leg of this was around an hour. We have terrible traffic, especially going in and out of town.

Why does JW make me think of Jodi Arias?
JW = prof. race car driver, public persona & self image, somewhat inflated?
JW = former marketing rep for go-kart track, then corp exec. driver (go-fer?) in RL.
Nothing wrong w honest work as sales rep or corp driver/go-fer, respectable, just not sexy, glamorous, exalted as racer.
Is discrepancy btwn JW's RL and public-&-self image relevant to case? Significant? IDK.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Thanks to several members whose posts prompted me to think about this ^.

- for 6-8? yrs under scrutiny in the trial, she was a waitress w photog/art hobby.

In RL she repeatedly portrayed herself as something she was not.

Corundogs posted above that it was confirmed by local news yesterday that the red bag was in the manilla envelope

Yes and that could mean that it wasn't really his red bag but was instead a deposit bag either provided by the bank or by the accountant. Unless there is some evidence that we don't know about and it was actually his bag, it would only be going off an unreliable witness's statements that was done. It could just be that LE confirms the red bag in the envelope because that was the package the accountant gave JW and LE considers the accountant a credible witness.

They took custody of his car on the 14th though.

5-4450593c8d.jpg

Good run-down of JW day as it seems is corroborated by others, his cell, photos... but does is package/money drop-off time
corroborated in any way? I know he sent a text from his cell to SS's at 10:24 (was it?) stating he had dropped off and that he claims he dropped off close to 10:30, but his cell phone had not been confiscated yet so we do not know for sure where he was and we do not know really in what way he delivered the money, to whom, or how much do we? I could have missed something.
The last time the Porsche was seen was close to 10:30 a.m., yes? By the lawn crew?
Mr. F. looked for his wife at the house abt. 9:30?
A witness claims to have seen the Porsche driven at high speed and erratically by a short-haired black male at "approximately 1:30 p.m." (from CD).

IF JW was at the scene of the fire as fire fighters were battling it and discovering the bodies and IF this is when LE located him for interviewing, then he could not be the one driving the Porsche IF the witnesses' recollection of the time he saw it driven is correct. Now LE could have come up with other videos of car being driven or other witnesses by now so as to better pin-point the time it was driven away from the house and to help identify the driver.

To me, that JW's car was found parked near the scene of the fire, with his being present at the scene at around the same time, and his being on video at Lowe's around noon, is not suspicious and does not suggest he drove the Porsche at any point that day.

I fell from the fence because of JW's changing account of when he was first contacted about Picking up the money at the bank, how it was he was given the money, and the precise details of his delivering it.

Everything else could have some innocent explanation or we just have so little to go on as of yet.

I think we are seeing the tip of the iceberg.

BBM. The time of day that JW first connected with detectives on Thursday is still unknown. It is indeed possible JW was seen driving the Porsche erratically that day. LE is intentionally withholding key facts.

JMO

No, we have heard nothing in regards to the returns on the other SW's. Only this SW today.
Okay, well I guess I don't understand what "returns on search warrants" are vs whatever those other six warrants at WTOP are. Anyhow, thanks for the link to the item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz