DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good run-down of JW day as it seems is corroborated by others, his cell, photos... but does is package/money drop-off time
corroborated in any way? I know he sent a text from his cell to SS's at 10:24 (was it?) stating he had dropped off and that he claims he dropped off close to 10:30, but his cell phone had not been confiscated yet so we do not know for sure where he was and we do not know really in what way he delivered the money, to whom, or how much do we? I could have missed something.
The last time the Porsche was seen was close to 10:30 a.m., yes? By the lawn crew?
Mr. F. looked for his wife at the house abt. 9:30?
A witness claims to have seen the Porsche driven at high speed and erratically by a short-haired black male at "approximately 1:30 p.m." (from CD).

IF JW was at the scene of the fire as fire fighters were battling it and discovering the bodies and IF this is when LE located him for interviewing, then he could not be the one driving the Porsche IF the witnesses' recollection of the time he saw it driven is correct. Now LE could have come up with other videos of car being driven or other witnesses by now so as to better pin-point the time it was driven away from the house and to help identify the driver.

To me, that JW's car was found parked near the scene of the fire, with his being present at the scene at around the same time, and his being on video at Lowe's around noon, is not suspicious and does not suggest he drove the Porsche at any point that day.

I fell from the fence because of JW's changing account of when he was first contacted about Picking up the money at the bank, how it was he was given the money, and the precise details of his delivering it.

Everything else could have some innocent explanation or we just have so little to go on as of yet.

I think we are seeing the tip of the iceberg."

ETA: Quoting got pretty messed up here... not sure why! I tried to fix

Tip of the iceberg, indeed. It seems like there are a lot of security cameras on other houses in that area- the DVR from in the home might be missing, but I wonder what was picked up on other cameras.

I think I misunderstood how the car was discovered / located- if he was there at the scene when the fire was occurring, he clearly did not leave in the Porsche if the 1:30 timeline is correct.

The time of the texts was in some of the SWs that came out yesterday, I believe. If this timeline is correct, I wonder if JW was in fact the last one to see the Porsche around 10:30.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...185622-0a11-11e5-95fd-d580f1c5d44e_story.html

"The next day, (May 14th) police said, Wallace texted and called several people, including a woman, to whom he sent a photo of the red bag and money at 9 a.m. “Daaaamn,” the woman responded. “I wonder how much it is?” Wallace responded, “40,” to which the woman texted back, “Jesus.”

At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos: “Package delivered.”

Wallace then drove to Virginia to work on one of his bosses’ projects, a martial arts studio. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time. He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote."

Yes and that could mean that it wasn't really his red bag but was instead a deposit bag either provided by the bank or by the accountant. Unless there is some evidence that we don't know about and it was actually his bag, it would only be going off an unreliable witness's statements that was done. It could just be that LE confirms the red bag in the envelope because that was the package the accountant gave JW and LE considers the accountant a credible witness.

Well, I don't know
The CD states it , the bag BELONGED to W1

I mean, yes, he is unreliable and I guess you have to choose to believe or disbelieve his statements in the CD

So wait. Was he driving his own car that day? If so, I don't find it odd in the least bit they found no evidence. Anyone with half a brain would not come back to a crime scene with anything incriminating in their car. If involved, he had to know LE would be swarming that place. I'm suspicious of him for sure, but then I'm wondering why he hasn't been arrested if he's involved as its been 3 weeks? Surely they've had time to comb through all his belongings?

According to the charging documents for the arrest warrant for DW, JW put the money in a manila envelope that he had in his car and then place that manila envelope in the red car in garage. One would come to the conclusion that the red bag would still be in the JW's vehicle which we are now learning is a green BMW which was found one block from the house shortly after the fire was reported.

Has it been determined that the red bag was found in JW's green BMW???? Well according the the other SW, LE is still looking for the red bag, which would mean to me at least that NO they didn't find the red bag in JW's car where you would expect it to be according to his second account of how he left the money in SS's red car.

To go one stop further I'm sure LE would have asked JW what he did with the red bag when he was being questioned. Now one would think JW should have been able to answer that question if he was questioned by LE only hours after delivering the money to Mr. S residents and he kept the red bag as he say's he did. But obviously he didn't since LE is still looking for the red bag.

JMO

But SS knew him (from when DW worked at AIW). So even if it were totally about money, there was no way SS or other witnesses would be left alive.

Yes... But this was beyond unimaginable EVIL, he didn't have to do that to PS. I bet
LE is looking at him for other diabolical, deprived crimes. This wasn't is first. I have to leave work... can't finish the day.

It was revealed yesterday, by the SW and confirmed by local news, that he put the red bag in the manilla envelope and left it in the car.

The CD don't make this perfectly clear. But I do believe this to be the case, since they searched JW's car and didn't find the red bag...and the SW for DDW includes the red bag.​
I don't see that the SW reveals as objective fact that JW put the red bag in the manila envelope left in the car.
Can you cite the SW specifics and explain how the warrant shows "he put the red bag....and left it in car."

No, the CD does not make this a fact at all--at least not the fact in entirety you say is "confirmed by local news." Local news picks up Reuters news, international news, other people's interpretation of documents not yet thoroughly processed...So I don't think local news has confirmed JW's final account as recorded in the CD as fact.

POST: But I do believe this to be the case, since they searched JW's car and didn't find the red bag...and the SW for DDW includes the red bag.

That they found no red bag in JW's personal car does not cinch the case that JW put the red bag in a manila envelope from his car into the Mosley. Their not finding a red bag in his provenance does not lead to the inference that his claims are true.
Of course LE is searching for the bag JW brought to the bank and which they know at about 9 a.m. contained some of, if not all of, the ransom money.

Again, this fact does not support or rebut JW's account. All that LE's search can tell us is that LE thinks such a bag is relevant to the case. The SW return simply tells us that they did not find it in JW's car!

Yes and that could mean that it wasn't really his red bag but was instead a deposit bag either provided by the bank or by the accountant. Unless there is some evidence that we don't know about and it was actually his bag, it would only be going off an unreliable witness's statements that was done. It could just be that LE confirms the red bag in the envelope because that was the package the accountant gave JW and LE considers the accountant a credible witness.

I agree. There is no way for LE to confirm or prove JW's account of leaving the money in the envelope--or leaving the red bag inside the envelope--is true. I still think the problem is that the red car was locked and impossible for JW to open.

JMO

After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cell phone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. Police also said Wallace received a call from someone at American Iron Works informing him that his bosses’s house was on fire, and that he immediately drove to Woodland Drive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c1d3f5c_story.html?postshare=1201433445701455

According to the charging documents for the arrest warrant for DW, JW put the money in a manila envelope that he had in his car and then place that manila envelope in the red car in garage. One would come to the conclusion that the red bag would still be in the JW's vehicle which we are now learning is a green BMW which was found one block from the house shortly after the fire was reported.

Has it been determined that the red bag was found in JW's green BMW???? Well according the the other SW, LE is still looking for the red bag, which would mean to me at least that NO they didn't find the red bag in JW's car where you would expect it to be according to his second account of how he left the money in SS's red car.

To go one stop further I'm sure LE would have asked JW what he did with the red bag when he was being questioned. Now one would think JW should have been able to answer that question if he was questioned by LE only hours after delivering the money to Mr. S residents and he kept the red bag as he say's he did. But obviously he didn't since LE is still looking for the red bag.

JMO

He put red bag with the money into an envelope and left the whole thing in the car in the garage.
Therefore, why would he have the red bag? LE is searching for it because it's evidence. Why wouldn't LE search for it?

Can you just imagine?? Your boss, his wife, child and housekeeper have just been held captive, and brutally murdered. And the house set on fire. And you are, without knowledge, delivering the ransom money.

I would be a basket case!

And lots of people (me) are inclined to want to help and we answer questions without thinking we're under suspicion. It may not be wise, but it's not stupid. It's human nature to want to help with any information.

If you're innocent, why would clamming up and calling for lawyer be the first thing you should do? This is not a rhetorical question. Will a lawyer tell us? Would a lawyer ever tell someone who's innocent to cooperate with police and tell them everything they know without a lawyer being present?

I will never, ever understand innocent people doing that. Lying to police is never smart as he knows now, but not talking and asking for a lawyer indicates guilt more than lying, in my opinion. Who knows, maybe he slipped a bill out of the stack and was trying to hide that by lying?

I'm pretty sure police are used to people lying to them. It's not unusual, and it's a huge waste of time and resources, but it's not always indicative of guilt related to the crime for which their being interviewed.

If they weren't suspecting me at the time, I'd be terrified of now causing them to look at me cockeyed after invoking lawyer. I also dread making anybody mad at me, certainly not anybody in law enforcement - I want those guys on my side!

It was revealed yesterday, by the SW and confirmed by local news, that he put the red bag in the manilla envelope and left it in the car.

The CD don't make this perfectly clear. But I do believe this to be the case, since they searched JW's car and didn't find the red bag...and the SW for DDW includes the red bag.​
I don't see that the SW reveals as objective fact that JW put the red bag in the manila envelope left in the car.
Can you cite the SW specifics and explain how the warrant shows "he put the red bag....and left it in car."

No, the CD does not make this a fact at all--at least not the fact in entirety you say is "confirmed by local news." Local news picks up Reuters news, international news, other people's interpretation of documents not yet thoroughly processed...So I don't think local news has confirmed JW's final account as recorded in the CD as fact.

POST: But I do believe this to be the case, since they searched JW's car and didn't find the red bag...and the SW for DDW includes the red bag.

That they found no red bag in JW's personal car does not cinch the case that JW put the red bag in a manila envelope from his car into the Mosley. Their not finding a red bag in his provenance does not lead to the inference that his claims are true.
Of course LE is searching for the bag JW brought to the bank and which they know at about 9 a.m. contained some of, if not all of, the ransom money.

Again, this fact does not support or rebut JW's account. All that LE's search can tell us is that LE thinks such a bag is relevant to the case. The SW return simply tells us that they did not find it in JW's car!

My whole point is that JW said he put the money in a red bag. He doesn't say he removed the money from the red bag and then put it in the Manilla envelope. He said he put the money in the Manilla envelope, which was still in the red bag.

And yes, local news gets things from national news etc...this crime absolutely has local reporters getting the stories directly from someone. I did a quick search of my posts and Pops from yesterday when that stuff about the red bag inside the envelope came out. We have both made so many posts, I gave up.

Given what has been stated, what has been seen in SW and the CD, this makes sense to me. It doesn't have to make sense to you.

After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cell phone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. Police also said Wallace received a call from someone at American Iron Works informing him that his bosses’s house was on fire, and that he immediately drove to Woodland Drive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c1d3f5c_story.html?postshare=1201433445701455

Perfect!!!

POST:According to the charging documents for the arrest warrant for DW, JW put the money in a manila envelope that he had in his car and then place that manila envelope in the red car in garage. One would come to the conclusion that the red bag would still be in the JW's vehicle which we are now learning is a green BMW which was found one block from the house shortly after the fire was reported.

Let me edit your statement: "According to .............., JW claims he put the money......" As My Belle ha reminded us, we must not take the CD as a statement of facts when it recounts a witness account. One might come to several different conclusions if one suspends one's belief in what JW said when caught in lies. For instance, one might conclude that he is full of it and thew the red bag through the broken window at DDW. One might conclude DDW came into the garage and took the bag with the money from him and then ditched the bag in the fire.
That LE is still looking for the red bag does not mean JW has it or that he does not. All we know is that LE did not find the red bag in JW's car. For all we know, the red bag was lit up in the Porsche.

My whole point is that JW said he put the money in a red bag. He doesn't say he removed the money from the red bag and then put it in the Manilla envelope. He said he put the money in the Manilla envelope, which was still in the red bag.

And yes, local news gets things from national news etc...this crime absolutely has local reporters getting the stories directly from someone. I did a quick search of my posts and Pops from yesterday when that stuff about the red bag inside the envelope came out. We have both made so many posts, I gave up.

Given what has been stated, what has been seen in SW and the CD, this makes sense to me. It doesn't have to make sense to you.

BBM. The CD does NOT confirm this as fact. You are making an assumption without basis.

JMO

Its not that I am doubting anyone or what they heard.
Its just that these debates can go on for days if we have no link

JMHO

If he is completely innocent of any wrongdoings, it was a sin for LE to release his information and make him out to be a villain. This can destroy a person. IMO

But...if he had any part of this evil plan...well, you know.

If he is completely innocent of any wrongdoings, it was a sin for LE to release his information and make him out to be a villain. This can destroy a person. IMO

But...if he had any part of this evil plan...well, you know.

I so agree
I didn't think thanks button was enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members