DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your interpretation, you think one employee reached into another employee's pockets and took the money out??? LOL!! That just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Makes no sense to me either. It's one person, whom police is calling "other employee."

In your interpretation, you think one employee reached into another employee's pockets and took the money out??? LOL!! That just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Honestly anything seems possible, LOL
The wording is very confusing and gets more so every time I look at it

But, I was sure I read that there were two employees at the bank and W1... wrong??

A few things. The Washington Post has had the most careful and accurate reporting on this. Not perfect by any means, but much better than the networks, local and national, and various websites. If they are reporting suspicion of JW, I am paying attention. There must be more leading them to do that than they can print. I say this with the caveat that I haven't otherwise been convinced. The lie is obviously suspicious but I've always thought an alternative explanation could be that SS did things with cash that JW thought he shouldn't talk about. Still, LE has hammered enough on JW in the charging documents and SWs that they clearly think he's a significant element of this. I'm tiptoeing off the fence.

It could easily take 1.5 hours to get there in the AM. I'm telling you, DC traffic is really bad and that is not a nothing distance. As for parking a block away, I was there several hours later and the streets were blocked off about a block in each direction but beyond that there was room to park. The TV vans were there and that was it, not a lot of other people.

Who drove the Porsche away? It couldn't have been DW if he was still there. I never thought the shadowy video looked like DW, though of course its difficult to tell. The figure in the video seemed very lean, and tall. And he was a great runner, perfect form. DW looks like he's in good shape but isn't he short and stocky?

Yes and that could mean that it wasn't really his red bag but was instead a deposit bag either provided by the bank or by the accountant. Unless there is some evidence that we don't know about and it was actually his bag, it would only be going off an unreliable witness's statements that was done. It could just be that LE confirms the red bag in the envelope because that was the package the accountant gave JW and LE considers the accountant a credible witness.

Then I think that means that JW is the unreliable witness or LE is the unreliable witness. Because JW is the one who told LE that it belonged to him. In CD.

Honestly anything seems possible, LOL
The wording is very confusing and gets more so every time I look at it

But, I was sure I read that there were two employees at the bank and W1... wrong??

IMO, there was only one employee and JW.

Maybe they can obtain some video from Lowes or Home Depot (can't remember which) showing JW either entering or exiting and what he might be driving. Any purchases he may have made.

It was revealed yesterday, by the SW and confirmed by local news, that he put the red bag in the manilla envelope and left it in the car.

The CD don't make this perfectly clear. But I do believe this to be the case, since they searched JW's car and didn't find the red bag...and the SW for DDW includes the red bag.

LE was looking for the red bag when it issued the SW for JW's car. If they believed he had placed the red bag in the manila envelope in the Mosler, why would they be looking for it in JW's car? Again, the search warrant was issued the day after the murders and executed on the 21st, so when did they find the car parked a block away? If it was a week after the murders, how did JW get home from the S house after the fire?

A few things. The Washington Post has had the most careful and accurate reporting on this. Not perfect by any means, but much better than the networks, local and national, and various websites. If they are reporting suspicion of JW, I am paying attention. There must be more leading them to do that than they can print. I say this with the caveat that I haven't otherwise been convinced. The lie is obviously suspicious but I've always thought an alternative explanation could be that SS did things with cash that JW thought he shouldn't talk about. Still, LE has hammered enough on JW in the charging documents and SWs that they clearly think he's a significant element of this. I'm tiptoeing off the fence.

It could easily take 1.5 hours to get there in the AM. I'm telling you, DC traffic is really bad and that is not a nothing distance. As for parking a block away, I was there several hours later and the streets were blocked off about a block in each direction but beyond that there was room to park. The TV vans were there and that was it, not a lot of other people.

Who drove the Porsche away? It couldn't have been DW if he was still there. I never thought the shadowy video looked like DW, though of course its difficult to tell. The figure in the video seemed very lean, and tall. And he was a great runner, perfect form. DW looks like he's in good shape but isn't he short and stocky?

You lost me. DW was still there? Says who? Porsche was seen driven away at 1:30 pm.

But I am also free to discuss it without it being called my assumption. Isn't that what the rules of the site say?

Respectfully, I do believe the rules require us to agree to disagree and move on rather than continually insist other poster's opinions are wrong. We are all quite capable of distinguishing facts from assumptions or perhaps I am assuming too much.

I will therefore agree to disagree with you and move on.

LE was looking for the red bag when it issued the SW for JW's car. If they believed he had placed the red bag in the manila envelope in the Mosler, why would they be looking for it in JW's car? Again, the search warrant was issued the day after the murders and executed on the 21st, so when did they find the car parked a block away? If it was a week after the murders, how did JW get home from the S house after the fire?

JW's car was taken into custody on the 14th.

The warrant was issued on the 15th, the day after the murders. It was executed on the 21st.
https://www.scribd.com/doc/267687232/Wint-Search-Warrant-Affidavit

Also, this sounds like LE is leaning toward suspect rather than witness.

I realize you eliminated the part where it says they recovered the car on May 14th but I did in fact confirm this with a reporter before this SW was released and we only had the info on it. LE had his car on the 14th.

5-4450593c8d.jpg

I console myself with the idea that SS and his family had real happiness for all that time but the last 18 hours of their lives and that they were strong enough to believe they would still get through it.
I also like to think that Veralicia Figeroa had much to look forward too, enjoyed knowing she had made her children's lives so much better, and that she had hope her husband would deliver her.

I admit that these are the very kinds of lives--protected, wealthy, productive, well-rewarded, respected, oh the big house and lawns and lawn--I've had a tendency to envy. If only I could get a housekeeper several times a week. If only I could have afforded to give my child "the best" of everything. I have not felt angry or that such people were not entitled to their good lives, but in some measure I have considered them especially "privileged."

This crime surely shows me that my thinking is faulty once again. I wish I had that reminder in another way.

They deserved their "privileges" and earned them with goodness and hard work--they also shared their prosperity and cheer with others. To think that SS would create a training program for welders, pay them a good wage, and then that anyone who had ever worked for him (as the ALLEGED perpetrator did) would do this.

I doubt he honestly gave a fig about fellow-Guyanans--about anyone. He believed the family was privileged and he hated them for it, at least at that moment. He did not regard them as deserving empathy. He hated their child. He hated their house. He hated their lovely housekeeper and her good life. JMO and JMO I believe he did this the way he did, if he did, or whoever did, in a sheer evil, envious, hateful spirit--not for any cause and not only for money.

Yes, I hope he was alone. I hope there are not others who would partake of his lust for destruction or be complicit in it.

Let me vow never to envy again.

PS I think it is fair game based on our knowledge and experience of crime and criminals to profile, keeping in mind, that yes, when LE has a theory, it can be blind and deceptive in pursuing it, and yes, innocent until proven guilty and yes, NO evidence that JW did this. Obvious to me that LE has some theories and are focusing in on his story among others. We are only speculating and brainstorming the differentials.

he lied to the police. that is in the charging documents, not some media hype or internet paranoia.

so I don't see how its unfair to be disussing his possible involvement.

ADMITTED lying, too. So if it's not true, that would mean he was lying about his lying. It is fair, based on his own admittance to realize that he is a liar in a quadruple homicide case. Some might even say that negative attention would be appropriate here.

I never liked it when its worded, last seen. Makes it sound like because it was last seen at such & such doesn't mean it wasn't there after that. jmo idk

You lost me. DW was still there? Says who? Porsche was seen driven away at 1:30 pm.

OK, I could be wrong but my understanding is that the Porsche was last seen at 10:30. Then it was seen on NY Avenue at 1:30 (do we know where?). The fire was reported at 1:15. You have to go through downtown to get to NY Avenue. It would be very difficult to get through downtown and over to NY Ave. in 20 minutes in the middle of the day. Maybe when they said he was driving erratically they meant speeding and driving aggressively, but I just can't see making that kind of time. PLus why would they say the Porsche was last seen at 10:30 if they think it was still there?

It's been published in msm. As such clearly can be used here as a fact and not as poster's assumption.

We might be able to use stuff published in MSM as fact, but I would advise against it. Many inaccurate "facts" have been published in MSM/"MSM". I'm only going by CDocs or other information released by LE. Even then, I'm keeping in mind that they are strategically releasing information, not releasing all information and the wording of what is released can be open to interpretation.

OK, I could be wrong but my understanding is that the Porsche was last seen at 10:30. Then it was seen on NY Avenue at 1:30 (do we know where?). The fire was reported at 1:15. You have to go through downtown to get to NY Avenue. It would be very difficult to get through downtown and over to NY Ave. in 20 minutes in the middle of the day. Maybe when they said he was driving erratically they meant speeding and driving aggressively, but I just can't see making that kind of time. PLus why would they say the Porsche was last seen at 10:30 if they think it was still there?

Was seen by somebody at 10:30 only means a witness saw it at 10:30. Doesn't mean it was gone after that.

Maybe they can obtain some video from Lowes or Home Depot (can't remember which) showing JW either entering or exiting and what he might be driving. Any purchases he may have made.

They have video, pings and receipts. I imagine also witnesses from dojo that he was there but just my guess. I linked it up thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1