DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have video, pings and receipts. I imagine also witnesses from dojo that he was there but just my guess. I linked it up thread.

Yes, I'm curious what he was driving at that time, the BMW or the Porsche? IOW did he drop off the package and take the Porsche at 10:30am, parking his BMW. Was he driving the BMW for his errands and Dojo stop?

I do find it seems like it was the BMW because his macbook was found in the BMW, just looking to confirm.

if it's good enough for msm to report that it was seen driven away from the scene, it's good enough for me.

but that's not what it says. The CD says W3 said that they saw the Porsche on NY Ave around 1:30.

JMO, I think in the first couple of days they were very focused on JW, as would be expected. I think as the investigation went on and they found the DNA on the pizza the focus more than likely changed a little. Everything we have seen the last few day's (the search warrants etc. are all concerning the first few days). We have heard nothing new really about the investigation after that. I would imagine there have been many, many search warrants issued since then that we know nothing about and that have nothing to do with JW. We need to remember that at the time they were questioning JW they probably thought they had their man, as they knew nothing about DW at that time. I am patiently awaiting the rest of the search warrants. It has been 3 weeks or so and the police have not said one thing about JW, not one single thing. Actually they really havent said much about anybody. The last thing I remember them talking about was the people in the cars with DW. Why are we not trying to figure them out. Seems they obviously have alot to do with this. at least after the fact. I'm also wondering why we are not focusing at all on DW's cousin and brother, especially the cousin who also worked for the company. ???

In My opinion, all of this 'old' info that is now being revealed, just shows how they cleared JW. They initially thought he was involved, they pinged his cell, investigated his travels and communications, searched his car, interviewed his girlfriend and co workers, and he is still walking free.

No, police expected them to be there if he was lying. If he was telling the truth, then he left it all in the car in the garage.

Based on CD and SW we can not say that investigators expected the red bag and money wrappers to be in his car if he was lying and if telling the truth to be in the car.

First, the CD does not state that he claimed to put the red bag in the manila envelope in the Mosley--only that he claims to have put the Money/cash in the envelope from his car into the designated car. I would think LE asked him "where is that red bag now?" At that point, he could have said he left it in the car. But the CD, though it states LE looked for a manila envelope in the Mosley and for the money, does not mention looking to see if the red bag was in the car. Based on the CD, it's fair to say that he did not claim to have left the red bag in the car in the envelope or with the cash. What did he claim about the red bag as to its whereabouts post-drop off.
All we know for sure is that LE is looking for it in JW's car and among DW's effects. Thus, we can infer they think it COULD be still in JW or DW's possession.
Frankly, I believe--JMO--police think JW is still not telling the whole truth and not disclosing some role he might have played in the crime.
But I do not see that their litmus test to determine whether or not JW is still lying is based on this one detail and on its being discovered or not discovered in JW's car way post-drop-off.
I do see that for some on the board, the presence or absence of the red bag in JW's car proves him suspect or innocent, either lying or truthful. I don't see how.
A case is built of several pieces of evidence that corroborate or challenge witness statements. In most cases, LE will allow for a lapse in memory or one cover-up of something to protect another or cover up a more minor complication, infidelity, for instance. So a husband or wife lies about who she was with or where she was.
The red bag may be significant to LE's theory and to any subsequent charges, but I hope it is not the lynchpin of the whole case or of the investigation.

I wonder that same thing.

My bet is that JW drove his own car around doing errands for SS..IMO

I think he had to be using his own car that morning. I highly doubt that SS ever let him take the Porsche home for the night. So if he had an early errand at the bank, he took his own car, imo.

In Petit home invasion, perps didn't have any inside information.

And, in the Petit case, IIRC, one of the perps followed one of the victims home. Does that make it "random" or "targeted"??

Charging Docs are not the holy bible of the case or evidence. It contains the bare minimum for probable cause for arrest and a SW. It does not contain all the info or evidence a Detective knows, is aware of or has been told. jmo

But it's the best we have. Certainly better than unsubstantiated leaks and misinterpretations by some MSM outlets. They are in the business of selling ads, which means getting eyeballs on their news stories. They are not held to the same standard as LE.

We need a link to that. As the search warrant for the car was not issued until 2:38 PM. And was not executed until May 21st.

It already has been posted on the thread numerous times.

Yes, I'm curious what he was driving at that time, the BMW or the Porsche? IOW did he drop off the package and take the Porsche at 10:30am, parking his BMW. Was he driving the BMW for his errands and Dojo stop?

I do find it seems like it was the BMW because his macbook was found in the BMW, just looking to confirm.

I would think if he was driving the Porsche, it wouldn't have been spotted at 1:30 going away from the home.

And it certainly couldn't have taken him back to the home after the fire notification, since it would have then been found there.

He was driving his own car. He was not driving SS that day. Why wouldn't he be in his own car?

'Just looking for other thoughts/opinions on this...

Is it likely that this crime was committed without "inside" knowledge? Did the perps just somehow managed to do surveillance on the home, and had no specific knowledge of the security system in the home nor any other details? Does anyone think inside assistance was almost certainly required to commit the crime?
Assistance from an insider was needed. JMO

It seems that most here believe that JW was working with DW. What are the working theories? Did JW think that DW was just going to steal the money and leave everyone safe and unharmed? How closely did they work together/

Maybe they can obtain some video from Lowes or Home Depot (can't remember which) showing JW either entering or exiting and what he might be driving. Any purchases he may have made.

I sure hope JW didn't purchase a gas can.

JMO

Wow, you raise a very good point. I think he switched cars and was driving the Porsche at some point during the day. If JW's car was parked inside the area that police cordoned off to traffic, that would mean the car was there BEFORE the fire trucks arrived. That could be why they so quickly became suspicious. Hmmmm.....

JMO

I thought it said he was parked 2 blocks away. then it went from 2 blocks to 1 1/2 blocks and now it's inside 1 block. I can't get the SW so I don't know. But I really thought the first mention was that it was parked 2 blocks away which would make sense because of the fire trucks etc...

LE was looking for the red bag when it issued the SW for JW's car. If they believed he had placed the red bag in the manila envelope in the Mosler, why would they be looking for it in JW's car? Again, the search warrant was issued the day after the murders and executed on the 21st, so when did they find the car parked a block away? If it was a week after the murders, how did JW get home from the S house after the fire?

I would imagine JW's BMW was impounded and towed to a LE storage yard until the SW was obtained and the car could be searched.

JMO

It appears he let them take the car.

If it was a block away, is it possible LE towed any cars that might have been in the way of fighting the fire? That would make sense that they would have the car in their possession without a warrant on the 14th.

Based on CD and SW we can not say that investigators expected the red bag and money wrappers to be in his car if he was lying and if telling the truth to be in the car.

First, the CD does not state that he claimed to put the red bag in the manila envelope in the Mosley--only that he claims to have put the Money/cash in the envelope from his car into the designated car. I would think LE asked him "where is that red bag now?" At that point, he could have said he left it in the car. But the CD, though it states LE looked for a manila envelope in the Mosley and for the money, does not mention looking to see if the red bag was in the car. Based on the CD, it's fair to say that he did not claim to have left the red bag in the car in the envelope or with the cash. What did he claim about the red bag as to its whereabouts post-drop off.
All we know for sure is that LE is looking for it in JW's car and among DW's effects. Thus, we can infer they think it COULD be still in JW or DW's possession.
Frankly, I believe--JMO--police think JW is still not telling the whole truth and not disclosing some role he might have played in the crime.
But I do not see that their litmus test to determine whether or not JW is still lying is based on this one detail and on its being discovered or not discovered in JW's car way post-drop-off.
I do see that for some on the board, the presence or absence of the red bag in JW's car proves him suspect or innocent, either lying or truthful. I don't see how.
A case is built of several pieces of evidence that corroborate or challenge witness statements. In most cases, LE will allow for a lapse in memory or one cover-up of something to protect another or cover up a more minor complication, infidelity, for instance. So a husband or wife lies about who she was with or where she was.
The red bag may be significant to LE's theory and to any subsequent charges, but I hope it is not the lynchpin of the whole case or of the investigation.

Really well put. Smart, objective thinking!

I believe it was a BMW

I know JW owns a BMW. I am just wondering if it was his habit to drive his car to SS' home or AIW and switch to one of SS' cars, since he would usually be driving SS during the day. I don't see his BMW being a block away as proof of a crime or of JW stealing one of the S family's cars. I still haven't heard where the Bentley was kept. Also, when they towed the greenish/grayish Land Rover, I never saw where that was parked on the day of the murders, as it wasn't in the driveway.

Just fyi if anyone here is affected:

ABC News ‏@ABC [video=twitter;606571886001176577]https://twitter.com/ABC/status/606571886001176577[/video]
BREAKING: 4,000,000 current, former US federal employees to be notified that personal info may be compromised after hack, gov't agencies say

I know JW owns a BMW. I am just wondering if it was his habit to drive his car to SS' home or AIW and switch to one of SS' cars, since he would usually be driving SS during the day. I don't see his BMW being a block away as proof of a crime or of JW stealing one of the S family's cars. I still haven't heard where the Bentley was kept. Also, when they towed the greenish/grayish Land Rover, I never saw where that was parked on the day of the murders, as it wasn't in the driveway.

It was across the street. Pictures have been posted, but you are gonna have to take my word on that - or not - because that was weeks ago!! LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee