DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are two retired detectives. They seem to think that the way the media has been given recent leaks, which look incriminating, were designed by LE to put the pressure on JW, make his nervous. They said that often, Le does not immediately arrrest a prime suspect, because then the interview opportunities would cease. And that they gain more by keeping him free, and bringing him in for more interviews, as the press closes in on him. I think they were saying, essentially, that LE thinks JW gave DW the address and some info, and was involved in the planning, but they have no evidence to prove that yet.

I guess I could feed into this more if JW's name hasn't been known almost since the beginning. These SW's aren't "breaking news" at all. MSM may not have been using his name, but we knew it here and I don't doubt other places.

Not sure what the SW's for SS, AS, and VF's phone have to do with JW. And they were released at the same time.

Guess we just have to wait and see...

They are two retired detectives. They seem to think that the way the media has been given recent leaks, which look incriminating, were designed by LE to put the pressure on JW, make his nervous. They said that often, Le does not immediately arrrest a prime suspect, because then the interview opportunities would cease. And that they gain more by keeping him free, and bringing him in for more interviews, as the press closes in on him. I think they were saying, essentially, that LE thinks JW gave DW the address and some info, and was involved in the planning, but they have no evidence to prove that yet.

You don't need anybody to give you an address if you know the name. In 30 seconds, I found out where SS lived by doing an internet search.

That may be true. But he never said he took the money out of the red bag and put it in the Manilla envelope. IMO, if he had, that would have been stated.

We can disagree, but I think it would be stated that he left his personal property at the S home as that bag is expressly supposed to be JW's rather than a bag owned by AIW as part of their commercial bank transactions. Also I can understand why BOA or the accountant would put the money in a deposit bag, but if it was a deposit bag that was used, I don't know why JW would just happen to have one in his personal possession as an overnight deposit bag is for something very specific and is different from an ATM and would be for commercial and business accounts rather than a personal account.

There was room for the firetrucks on the street and no way would they wait for cars to be towed while fighting a fire. I also think they wouldn't care about permits in the aftermath of this crime, they had bigger fish to fry.

Respectfully, I didn't suggest they towed the car while fire trucks were there. LE would run the plates of every car around there to find out who it belonged to. It is a fact that the SW was requested at 2:38 pm, less than two hours after the fire was reported. LE has not said they have confirmed that JW came to the scene nor have they confirmed he approached them there.

JMO

Originally Posted by yepitsme

These are large distances to drive here. From the bank into DC, from DC to Chantilly and back, I'd say each leg of this was around an hour. We have terrible traffic, especially going in and out of town.

Especially at rush hour!

I think most of the time estimates for travel between the different locations have been grossly underestimated. People who don't live here might look at Google maps and assume the estimates they cite are correct. Far from it. Maybe at 6am on a Sunday those travel times would be correct, but during the week? No way. Even during non-rush hour times. Each of those trips would take at least an hour, providing no traffic incidents. Which never happens.

My weekday commute from upper NW to downtown (6.8 miles) takes a minimum of 50 minutes. Today it took an hour and-a-half. And it doesn't matter if you're a race car driver or a granny behind the wheel; gridlock is gridlock, no way around it.

JMO

Respectfully, I didn't suggest they towed the car while fire trucks were there. LE would run the plates of every car around there to find out who it belonged to. It is a fact that the SW was requested at 2:38 pm, less than two hours after the fire was reported. LE has not said they have confirmed that JW came to the scene nor have they confirmed he approached them there.

JMO

The 2:38 time is from May 21st, when the actual warrant was executed. A week after it was towed from the crime scene.

ETA - http://www.scribd.com/doc/267687232/Wint-Search-Warrant-Affidavit

JMO

Right, and imo if JW didn't tell LE what happened I'm sure the AIW employee that handed him the money did.

POST: And, in the Petit case, IIRC, one of the perps followed one of the victims home. Does that make it "random" or "targeted"??

I think the OP, Fred, who stated that perps had no inside info meant that in that case, the perps had no inside link to the household, and did not know anything about its security or routine except what was visible through a brief casing of the outside. I don't think the OP refutes that the family was targeted.

Now we truly do not know if this horrendous crime involves more than superficial casing, whether an hour or two before, a day before, or minutes before. LE originally suggested, as did NG, that the perpetrator/s had "inside" info, that there was a link to someone within the company. We could have been misled. I believe it was a DC prosecutor who stated that there was a "link" and implied a deeper knowledge of the household and the business than would be attained through lusting after and following female members to the house that they had first encountered at a supermarket or mall shopping center and then noticing a window was ajar planned to return that night.
I don't think we will ever know for sure in that case. I believe JMO that the two cretinous perps covered up the fact that they went to the house in part to rape and terrorize the women by saying the plan only included getting money and one or the other of them urged his accomplice on to the mayhem and murder.
I don't think we yet know with any certainty what LE's current theory is about HOW/why SS household targeted or what evidence they have ever had, if any, to suggest "inside" knowledge or a longer-term observation of house routines.

There is planning over the longer term and then there is trolling for victims and following them home, disabling the male in the house and letting things unfold from there.

Neither cases, truly, fit the description of totally random as in a perp is in the hood and tries the doors until he finds someone's unlocked with no prior knowledge of his/her victims. In a random case, any house that potentially offers what the perp fancies will do--could be a single woman, a child, a family with valuables, or just a darkened house that offers "potential." Earlier on in his hideous career, one of the Petit perps liked to enter random houses in the dark when people were preferably home and enjoyed iirc watching them sleep as he burgled them. Forget if he had infar-red or flashlight. But this experience alone thrilled him, not so much the trinkets he would nick.
I see definite similarities between the Petit crime and this one. We tend to assume the main lure here was money. LE said "partly money" or words to that effect. In both cases, fire. In both cases, a child. In the Petit case though the perps were readily apprehended and there was no suspicion of Mr. Petit or his wife's position/company being linked to the crimes.
Mr. Petit though did not have numerous employees, huge wealth, was not a CEO, had never employed a violent criminal and his cousin.
I should add, as well, that in the Petit case, only immediate victims and bank involved--no flurry of phone calls, pick uppers and deliverers, company personnel, house cleaners at the scene, incoming and outgoing phone texts and msgs. JMO this case is more complicated because of its various "players," as well as the fact that one of the suspects has already been linked to the company and been discovered in a convoy with others who at least had knowledge of the money, though perhaps not where it came from.

Good points!

You could be correct in thinking that we don't have enough info to determine whether a "superficial casing" OR in-depth/insider assistance was utilized.

I'm not campaigning any theory... I'm just curious :)

Wow, you raise a very good point. I think he switched cars and was driving the Porsche at some point during the day. If JW's car was parked inside the area that police cordoned off to traffic, that would mean the car was there BEFORE the fire trucks arrived. That could be why they so quickly became suspicious. Hmmmm.....

JMO
We would need to know when/what exact time he arrived at the crime scene and in what vehicle he arrived.
Then how long was he questioned by LE on the scene and did he leave the scene with Detectives and go to LE offices?
What time was he free to leave?
Did he possibly leave the Porsche near the New Carrollton Metro and take the Metro back to Woodley Park?
Did he walk onto the crime scene from the direction of where his BMW was parked?

If the BMW was inside the cordoned off area then, YES, that would be a BIG red flag.

Did he have time to take the Metro back to New Carrollton, retrieve the Porsche and drive the few blocks to the church lot to set the evidence ridden Porsche on fire?

If he drove up to the crime scene in the BMW then it is virtually impossible that he had the Porsche at any time on the 14th.

So when did his gf/female friend show LE the photos texted to her? After LE interrogated JW or before?

The 2:38 time is from May 21st, when the actual warrant was executed. A week after it was towed from the crime scene.

The request for the warrant was on the 14th, the day of the fire. I'm pretty sure that is the only search warrant we've seen for a car anywhere around the scene. LE was immediately suspicious of the car.

JMO

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926872,-77.064324,3a,15y,84.35h,88.59t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGIpj806sa84B5TH2vS6oyg!2e0"]https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926872,-77.064324,3a,15y,84.35h,88.59t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGIpj806sa84B5TH2vS6oyg!2e0"]https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926872,-77.064324,3a,15y,84.35h,88.59t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sGIpj806sa84B5TH2vS6oyg!2e0
(Above) Best view of the side of house before it was boarded up.
compare to this:
CGm7Bb6WQAAa5xg.jpg

I suspect that LE took the whole door out as evidence.

I clicked the link and "walked" around the neighborhood...then freaked out when I saw a Caucasian blonde walking a brown Lab across their street in the Google maps pic.

We would need to know when/what exact time he arrived at the crime scene and in what vehicle he arrived.
Then how long was he questioned by LE on the scene and did he leave the scene with Detectives and go to LE offices?
Did he possibly leave the Porsche near the New Carrollton Metro and take the Metro back to Woodley Park?
Did he walk onto the crime scene from the direction of where his BMW was parked?

If the BMW was inside the cordoned off area then, YES, that would be a BIG red flag.

Did he have time to take the Metro back to New Carrollton, retrieve the Porsche and drive the few blocks to the church lot to set the evidence ridden Porsche on fire?

If he drove up to the crime scene in the BMW then it is virtually impossible that he had the Porsche at any time on the 14th.

We don't know if he ever actually arrived at the scene and I agree those are important questions. He may well have parked the Porsche and taken the Metro to Woodley Park. If JW was being questioned about it for several hours, it certainly would explain the "delay" and torching of the car hours later. I've never believed it was DW in the video.

JMO

Why would he want to drive the Porsche?

'Just looking for other thoughts/opinions on this... Is it likely that this crime was committed without "inside" knowledge? Did the perps just somehow managed to do surveillance on the home, and had no specific knowledge of the security system in the home nor any other details? Does anyone think inside assistance was almost certainly required to commit the crime?
Trying to make sure I understand your Q and "inside" info definitions.

When you say "inside" knowledge, you include info from persons
'inside' the home, whether as a resident, FT or PT employee; cleaners; aupair; tutor, coach,etc for kids; lawn service; plumber; electrician; exterminator; gen contractor who did permit-work 2013-14; building-permit inspector; gas co. rep; decorator; window washers; painters; massage therapist; physical therapist; home health care; art appraiser, ins agent; caterers & florists for parties; alarm co; carpet installers; floor refinishers; home-theater installers; party guests, neighbor-visitors, club members; friends of kids;
whether in prior week, month, or anytime since ~2002 home purchase
anybody who has legit reason to be in home or on premises, IOW,
did any of these ^ppl^ provide any info directly to DDW
(or to DDW's chums) who then sparked idea for these crimes?

If they ^ provided info to DDW and did nothing else, does that count as assistance?

To clarify, does surveillance by DDW (or chums) count as "inside" info?

What about ppl who work for or with ^ ppl, but do not come to home, such as billing/bookkeeping for above entities.

We don't know if he ever actually arrived at the scene and I agree those are important questions. He may well have parked the Porsche and taken the Metro to Woodley Park. If JW was being questioned about it for several hours, it certainly would explain the "delay" and torching of the car hours later. I've never believed it was DW in the video.

JMO

do you think it was JW that torched the car??????

Someone very close to this case wanted everything PS had and would have in the future. I feel the sense that jealousy turned to rage, when that person may have realized he might only be used for his experience to further the boy in his endeavors, and never make any headway for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024