DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The request for the warrant was on the 14th, the day of the fire. I'm pretty sure that is the only search warrant we've seen for a car anywhere around the scene. LE was immediately suspicious of the car.

JMO

There is a green 2009 BMW on Jw's drivergits vimeo titled "Ashley's first Autocross Event!" fwiw

You don't need anybody to give you an address if you know the name. In 30 seconds, I found out where SS lived by doing an internet search.

No, but it's the involved in "the planning," and "some info" that is crucial JMO as to what LE's thinking is (as speculation on our part) about JW's possible role. I take "gave the address: as a part of the "info" package, something like "listen. The AIW boss lives in this ......blah blah and you could just blah blah...."
With all due JMO because we know how many folks have been innocent even though convicted. And we have the cautionary example of was it Richard Pearl? He was suspected of being a mass bomber and it was all supposition, theory, rush to judgement.
Strange as it may seem, I taught at a college for programmers, animators, multi-media careers, but when it came to basic research on the internet...terrible at it and no inclination. Could run certain applications around most people. Could not have been bothered using basic tools to hunt down a location, much less an author or a journal or a news story. Kid you not.
We do not know DW's capacity to think all this up himself and follow through. JMO LE suspects he couldn't have, just too volatile, unhinged, not a planner.
But I am trying to get into the mind of LE here, know where the investigation stands when there is no sure way of knowing.

ABC News--David Muir just ran an update. Noted JW has not been named a suspect.

JMO

It is my opinion that he torched the Porche AFTER he was interrogated and realized he was a suspect.

JMO

how would that even be possible?
I just really am trying to follow here. The car was seen being driven by someone at 1:30, apparently he showed up at the fire sometime between when it started and 5:30 and was also during that time interrogated by police his BMW towed etc. How could he have pulled that off.

how would that even be possible?
I just really am trying to follow here. The car was seen being driven by someone at 1:30, apparently he showed up at the fire sometime between when it started and 5:30 and was also during that time interrogated by police his BMW towed etc. How could he have pulled that off.

Where are you getting that he showed up at the fire or the times when he was interrogated?

But it did not take 90 minutes to make the drive. That was the total amount of time between the two texts. The second was made AFTER he completed the drop. That was probably 10 or 15 minutes by itself to do.

Agreed- that's what I was at least trying to address. If he left the bank at 9:15 and not 9, texted after he had dropped it, or anything else, the time window isn't actually that big.

It is my opinion that he torched the Porche AFTER he was interrogated and realized he was a suspect.

JMO

OMG. Radical. JMO JMO I have this gut feeling he's the "erratic" driver going at a high speed. Yes, a race care driver with an urgency could appear erratic on a normal roadway and would travel at high speed in a sports car. He only fits the description nominally, but DW doesn't fit at all and so far, no other person who has ended up in the court documents or the news does except for JW. Could he be a glib, personable, ambitious and manipulative sociopath, no homicidal perhaps, but with the other kinds of features we see with corporate or political or everyday sociopaths--what's the book? The Sociopath Next Door?
JMO.

It's absolutely impossible for JW to be the "erratic driver." He drove to the scene once he heard about the fire.

Where are you getting that he showed up at the fire or the times when he was interrogated?

I'm assuming that, that is where he was first in contact with the police. Do we know what time he was spoken too? I would be very suspicious if he did not show up at the fire. Are you thinking that he is the person driving the car at 1:30 with the green vest on, even though we do know for sure that police have verified that he was somewhere else not long before. The CD or the SW (I can't remember which) that they pinged his cell and knew where he was. so, the car is seen approx. 1:30 with a guy driving with a green vest on. you think he is that guy. or do you think that was someone else and then he picked it up later.

JMO

After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly, Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cellphone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. Police said that Wallace received a call from someone at American Iron Works informing him that his boss’s house was on fire and that he immediately drove to Woodland Drive.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c1d3f5c_story.html?postshare=1201433445701455

Please tell me how JW could have been driving down New York Ave. in the Porsche at 1:30pm. He was seen by other employees at the Dojo after the hardware store.

I would imagine JW's BMW was impounded and towed to a LE storage yard until the SW was obtained and the car could be searched.

JMO

Does LE have to have a reason to do that? If so, what would the "due cause" be to impound someone's car without a warrant?

OMG. Radical. JMO JMO I have this gut feeling he's the "erratic" driver going at a high speed. Yes, a race care driver with an urgency could appear erratic on a normal roadway and would travel at high speed in a sports car. He only fits the description nominally, but DW doesn't fit at all and so far, no other person who has ended up in the court documents or the news does except for JW. Could he be a glib, personable, ambitious and manipulative sociopath, no homicidal perhaps, but with the other kinds of features we see with corporate or political or everyday sociopaths--what's the book? The Sociopath Next Door?
JMO.

I think the theory that JW was driving the Porche at 1:30, parked it and rode the train back to Woodley Park has real possibilities. He may have approached cops at the scene but cops also know that perps often return to the scene of the crime. For whatever reason, they were suspicious of him and his car that day.

JMO

Depending on when he was questioned, he could have had plenty of time to hop on the Metro to New Carrollton, retrieve the Porsche, drive it a few blocks, torch it and race back to either the apartment complex or to the Metro.

There was a case near where I live and the person who was stalking someone was across the street holding a whipper snipper lawn tool and walking back and forth on the boulevard. Dozens of people glanced at him but everyone assumed he was part of a lawn service. No one paid any attention to him because he was holding some sort of lawn tool. Could be what he did here. Possibly. JMO

In this part of the city lawn crews are nearly universally Hispanic. And if Wint sat in a commercial truck for lengthy periods of time, he'd have been noted. Ambling he'd have been noted, too.

Yes I am confused about this as well. I noticed the curtained french doors to the left of the front door and wondered whether they would ever have them open on nice days. As far as the photo with the boot print it doesn't seem to be part of a french door but I will take a second look.

Pages behind here but they could have been floor to ceiling paned windows that didn't open. Just there to let light in. MOO.

It's absolutely impossible for JW to be the "erratic driver." He drove to the scene once he heard about the fire.

Unless he was in the Porsche heading away and texted "ms Amy" about the fire to cover his tracks/explain why his phone was pinging near the scene of the fire. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on when he was questioned, he could have had plenty of time to hop on the Metro to New Carrollton, retrieve the Porsche, drive it a few blocks, torch it and race back to either the apartment complex or to the Metro.

At 1:15, when the fire started, JW was still in Chantilly. Then he drove to the scene after he learned about the fire.
How would he retrieve the Porsche, given this timeline? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member