DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I still have some doubts though- lying to LE is not a good step to take, but I can still understand that maybe he was trying to somehow protect SS. Maybe he thought the $$ dropoff for SS was for something shady/illicit? IIRC, it took a little bit for official IDs of victims to come out. Maybe he was answering questions about the money dropoff without knowing for certain that SS had died in the fire? Just speculation of course... "

You are too kind. I, on the other hand, am less generous. He knew folks had died and there was a horrendous crime scene at stake IF he was there as they dragged bodies out. He knew one was a child. He did not know where SS was, did he? He is racing to the fire, having been contacted about it, and as some infer, about SS whereabouts, gets to an obvious scene of horror, is interrogated, and with no word from SS or AS ,despite his inquiries, does not yet realize what every one else had, that this was a "suspicious fire?"
And though I appreciate the idea that he might have wanted to "cover" for SS as in "could be an off-the-books transaction," that does not account for his particular lies or lapses. Why lie about what he witnessed at bank? Why lie about how he delivered? Why lie about the car being locked?! He must have known none of his lies could cover up for the fact that his boss had arranged for a cash pickup of a large amount of money as this was the very subject of the interview. (emboldened by moi)

I hate to think that anyone this family entrusted, this company via SS hired, the darling child's former coach, could betray them. I do think LE is contemplating that.
Did LE lead him into lies? That is another possible. They fixated on him, suspected him right off the bat, perhaps because they knew the ethnicity of a perpetrator or were unconsciously suspicious due to his ethnicity...

His continued silence is not good news. One would think he would defend himself against the media and public onslaught, have corrected the record which has been widely aired by this time, start his own documentation about LE harassing him and trapping him and refute the theories swirling about. I would do all in my power to stem this tide. I would not have to speak directly to the press or LE, but I would certainly get legal advice and an organization or legal entity to speak up for me.

As far as we know, nothing. Not a word. Not a representative to start putting the record straight. Not a lawyer. His father is or was LE!

Is he talking to LE as we talk about him and MSM releases in delay the SW and sensationalizes the "suspect" angle, grabbing at straws with a few early documents?

Something is going on behind closed doors and we are getting a mere glimpse in. What I see does not, thus far, bode well for JW in terms of his future. And is not MSM or LE afraid they will get the heck sued out of them?

JMO he is fishy to high heaven. LE knows it and is flushing him out or already has. IF NOT, hope he does get millions for this terrible blow to his credibility which is certain to have repercussions in his carefully constructed world where "you can't afford it, pal" is the motto.

The CNN talking heads are pretty positive that JW is going to be arrested soon.

It really seems like there's a lot of reckless 'journalism' surrounding this case...

My personal opinion is that I'm going to end up feeling really sorry for JW and all of this frenzy that's gone on in the name of creating news.

Interesting turn of events today. SW for JW's car turned up no evidence. Of course not having any incriminating evidence in his car doesn't mean JW is off the hook, but I'm starting to change my mind as to JW's possible involvement to him not being involved. I'm now of the opinion that JW is a liar, but probably not guilty of any criminal involvement in this case. I know MSM is turning their focus on JW now, but I'm almost satisfied that he's not involved in this. I do have some questions as to why he lied, and I hope at some point we'll be told why. I'm thinking that LE will eventually publicly clear JW. If indeed JW had no involvement in this, I hope he's learned a very valuable lesson on why he shouldn't lie, and especially not to LE! I'm starting to lean toward DW doing this alone.

Now what about those people who were with DW the night he was arrested? Who are they and why weren't they charged with being accessories after the fact?

Thank's Popsicle for keeping us updated with all the links!

When JW spoke with LE right after the fire he did not know SS was dead.

Question: Does anybody happen to know if it's normal for a US Attorney to be signing this in Superior Court? Normal in general? Normal for DC? (as opposed to state attorneys).

5-4450593c8d.jpg

I saw this segment and Ficker comes across as someone who is mentally deranged. I cant believe that he is a practicing lawyer. He closed out the interview by blurting out that police should be investigating VFs husband saying “ he just arrived in this country ... he should be a suspect” . Not only is this a despicable accusation to make against a grieving husband it is also highly defamatory and as a lawyer Ficker should know you cant make unsubstantiated accusations like that without opening yourself to a lawsuit.

I sure wouldn't fault Vera's husband if he does just that.

JMO

It really seems like there's a lot of reckless 'journalism' surrounding this case...

My personal opinion is that I'm going to end up feeling really sorry for JW and all of this frenzy that's gone on in the name of creating news.

It never looks good when you lie to the police and then admit to it...imo

I think it is hard for people to grasp that their house wasn't a big house, and how affluent the neighborhood is. My husband and I are in the top 2% of wage earners, and we were in a 2BR, run down, condo with one unrenovated bathroom. The studio apartments in the building housed engineers, lawyers, accountants, senior senate staff and other professionals. There are mansions in the neighborhood, but the Savopoulos home certainly was not one of them. The only way these people visibly lived large was the Mosler.
"Visibly living larger" is in the eye of the beholder. Most people cannot afford a home like theirs even in the cheapest areas of the country. Most people struggle to pay a mortgage and car payments on cars much more modest than a Porsche, Land AND Range Rover, Bentley and Audi. (Let's forget about the Mosler, shall we?). Most people don't send their children to boarding high schools that cost more than many colleges. And most kids don't own the latest and greatest go-kart and employ a professional racing coach.
They may not have seemed as privileged as their next door neighbors, but let us not forget that these people had very fortunate circumstances that were anything but ordinary, and they did use their money quite publicly. In comparison to many other extremely wealthy people I know of, they actually lived a much more extravagant lifestyle. I once met a billionaire from a famous family. His house was large, but very run down. He drove a twenty year old Saab, and he did his own grocery shopping. He hired a friend of mine to build him dog kennels, because he heard my friend did "good work, cheap?" That person I would say did not live "larger", but the S family? Pretty large if you adpsk me, and I am not hurting.

I have a procedural question. Would you need a wiretap to turn on the microphone on a dead woman's smartphone? I don't know if people realize that many apps, when you click agree, have permission to turn on your phone, and access your microphone. It's fair to say that if a random app can do this, so can law enforcement. When LE came upon the scene, they'd have looked for phones, and realized they'd been taken. In addition to location information, the phones could have provided a great deal more.

Depends on which government agency is requesting it; if the dead woman or the person believed to have stolen the smartphone was Muslim, the US government would cry terrorism and ignore rights....

However in this case, in all likelihood, yes. If the dead woman and her husband were on the same account/plan, he could sign an authorization for law enforcement to do that without a warrant.

Question: Does anybody happen to know if it's normal for a US Attorney to be signing this in Superior Court? Normal in general? Normal for DC? (as opposed to state attorneys).

Yes, it's normal. "The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is unique among U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the size and scope of its work. It serves as both the local and the federal prosecutor for the nation’s capital. On the local side, these prosecutions extend from misdemeanor drug possession cases to murders." BBM. http://www.justice.gov/usao-dc

Someone very close to this case wanted everything PS had and would have in the future. I feel the sense that jealousy turned to rage, when that person may have realized he might only be used for his experience to further the boy in his endeavors, and never make any headway for himself.

The problem that I have with that theory is that JW has no violent past, no criminal history, and no one has come forward to claim that he is a jealous, vindictive guy. It seems to me, from reading through his SM, that he is a very social, likable, popular guy with lots of long term friendships and relationships. I hate to label him as a violent sociopath without some evidence. JMO

I am starting to agree with this view. Earlier today, I misunderstood what they said about JW's BMW being found there and declared myself off the fence about him. But, the more I think about it, I am back on the fence, and maybe now on the side of thinking he is more towards the innocent side than the guilty side. His car has been taken in and examined, they have video of him at the hardware store, they have searched his phone, spoken with his girlfriend, and who knows what else... and here we are with DW arrested and his DNA on a pizza, and JW still not named a suspect. It doesn't mean JW had no role- whether it was malicious or not, he was part of this event due to dropping off the ransom money. I'm sure LE is keeping him on their radar, and it will be interesting to see what else comes out about him and any role in other parts of this.

I still have some doubts though- lying to LE is not a good step to take, but I can still understand that maybe he was trying to somehow protect SS. Maybe he thought the $$ dropoff for SS was for something shady/illicit? IIRC, it took a little bit for official IDs of victims to come out. Maybe he was answering questions about the money dropoff without knowing for certain that SS had died in the fire? Just speculation of course...

I hope the release of information continues

Good post, this is where I am now too. You stated much clearer what I wanted to say!

There was room for the firetrucks on the street and no way would they wait for cars to be towed while fighting a fire. I also think they wouldn't care about permits in the aftermath of this crime, they had bigger fish to fry.

Why do you think they took JW's car on the 14th? Did they take any other cars (other than the S family cars weeks later)?

A person of interest has been identified after the family’s Porsche was seen being driven from the house and was later found burning in a Maryland parking lot.

The Porsche was seen leaving the home at about 10:30 a.m.

“The person of interest was possibly operating a blue 2008 Porsche 911 sports car that was located abandoned in the 8000 block of Annapolis Road, in New Carrollton, Maryland,” police said in a statement. “Anyone with information about the person of interest, or who observed the vehicle being operated between Wednesday, May 13, 2015 and May 14, 2015, is asked to call police.”

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/amy-ab...urder-suspect/

OK, so the car was last seen at the house at 10:30
The fire wasn't noticed til one thirty ish

Who drove the porche away?
Who stayed behind?
Because it seems unlikely DW would leave at 10:30 and then come back

links to "Page Not Found"

Is this the only article to reference the "Porsche seen leaving at 10:30"?

I saw this segment and Ficker comes across as someone who is mentally deranged. I cant believe that he is a practicing lawyer. He closed out the interview by blurting out that police should be investigating VFs husband saying “ he just arrived in this country ... he should be a suspect” . Not only is this a despicable accusation to make against a grieving husband it is also highly defamatory and as a lawyer Ficker should know you cant make unsubstantiated accusations like that without opening yourself to a lawsuit.

I wish MSM would stop airing anything that has this Ficker talking!

"I still have some doubts though- lying to LE is not a good step to take, but I can still understand that maybe he was trying to somehow protect SS. Maybe he thought the $$ dropoff for SS was for something shady/illicit? IIRC, it took a little bit for official IDs of victims to come out. Maybe he was answering questions about the money dropoff without knowing for certain that SS had died in the fire? Just speculation of course... "

You are too kind. I, on the other hand, am less generous. He knew folks had died and there was a horrendous crime scene at stake IF he was there as they dragged bodies out. He knew one was a child. He did not know where SS was, did he? He is racing to the fire, having been contacted about it, and as some infer, about SS whereabouts, gets to an obvious scene of horror, is interrogated, and with no word from SS or AS ,despite his inquiries, does not yet realize what every one else had, that this was a "suspicious fire?"
And though I appreciate the idea that he might have wanted to "cover" for SS as in "could be an off-the-books transaction," that does not account for his particular lies or lapses. Why lie about what he witnessed at bank? Why lie about how he delivered? Why lie about the car being locked?! He must have known none of his lies could cover up for the fact that his boss had arranged for a cash pickup of a large amount of money as this was the very subject of the interview. (emboldened by moi)

I hate to think that anyone this family entrusted, this company via SS hired, the darling child's former coach, could betray them. I do think LE is contemplating that.
Did LE lead him into lies? That is another possible. They fixated on him, suspected him right off the bat, perhaps because they knew the ethnicity of a perpetrator or were unconsciously suspicious due to his ethnicity...

His continued silence is not good news. One would think he would defend himself against the media and public onslaught, have corrected the record which has been widely aired by this time, start his own documentation about LE harassing him and trapping him and refute the theories swirling about. I would do all in my power to stem this tide. I would not have to speak directly to the press or LE, but I would certainly get legal advice and an organization or legal entity to speak up for me.

As far as we know, nothing. Not a word. Not a representative to start putting the record straight. Not a lawyer. His father is or was LE!

Is he talking to LE as we talk about him and MSM releases in delay the SW and sensationalizes the "suspect" angle, grabbing at straws with a few early documents?

Something is going on behind closed doors and we are getting a mere glimpse in. What I see does not, thus far, bode well for JW in terms of his future. And is not MSM or LE afraid they will get the heck sued out of them?

JMO he is fishy to high heaven. LE knows it and is flushing him out or already has. IF NOT, hope he does get millions for this terrible blow to his credibility which is certain to have repercussions in his carefully constructed world where "you can't afford it, pal" is the motto.

Kindness is not usually my strong suit, so I am going to take that as a compliment!

Totally agree there is more going on behind closed doors- exactly what that is... who knows. I'm hoping we find out sooner rather than later. And, I agree with the fishiness of JW. While I am back on the fence, it is just due to lack of concrete evidence to suggest he actually did anything. That being said, he has lied, and a lot of his actions (texting pics of the money, texting AS within 20 minutes of the fire, etc) aren't doing his image any favors in this. If they got a warrant for his phone info starting May 10, LE likely knows by now if he was in the home Wed night or not. Like you said, I think there is a lot more known and going on than we know about

As for defending himself to the media... I don't blame him for staying away. All it takes is one wrong word and you will have your video clip played over and over and over. And on the flip side, if he was all over the media right away (like NG was oh, about 9 threads ago!) some people would find that way fishier.

IDK anymore... I'm just going to perch myself on the fence until more information comes out! :fence:

What motive did he have to lie about whether or not the Mosler was locked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are two very different things.

I will admit that I do not understand why he told such inconsistent versions of the money drop off. IDK

But I am very curious about all of this talk about him jumping in the Porsche after the house fire and driving it away and torching it. I am seriously asking---what was his motive for doing so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky