DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's normal. "The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is unique among U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the size and scope of its work. It serves as both the local and the federal prosecutor for the nation’s capital. On the local side, these prosecutions extend from misdemeanor drug possession cases to murders." BBM. http://www.justice.gov/usao-dc

Interesting. Thanks for that!

[ snipped for space...]

IDK anymore... I'm just going to perch myself on the fence until more information comes out! :fence:

Scoot over , Millhouse. I am going to take a seat alongside ya :fence:

Someone very close to this case wanted everything PS had and would have in the future. I feel the sense that jealousy turned to rage, when that person may have realized he might only be used for his experience to further the boy in his endeavors, and never make any headway for himself.

My sense is the rage was at SS and his success. He was young, successful, had a beautiful wife, big home, fancy cars. The best of everything. Everything DW did not have

Excellent comments. Thank you.

I console myself with the idea that SS and his family had real happiness for all that time but the last 18 hours of their lives and that they were strong enough to believe they would still get through it.
I also like to think that Veralicia Figeroa had much to look forward too, enjoyed knowing she had made her children's lives so much better, and that she had hope her husband would deliver her.

I admit that these are the very kinds of lives--protected, wealthy, productive, well-rewarded, respected, oh the big house and lawns and lawn--I've had a tendency to envy. If only I could get a housekeeper several times a week. If only I could have afforded to give my child "the best" of everything. I have not felt angry or that such people were not entitled to their good lives, but in some measure I have considered them especially "privileged."

This crime surely shows me that my thinking is faulty once again. I wish I had that reminder in another way.

They deserved their "privileges" and earned them with goodness and hard work--they also shared their prosperity and cheer with others. To think that SS would create a training program for welders, pay them a good wage, and then that anyone who had ever worked for him (as the ALLEGED perpetrator did) would do this.

I doubt he honestly gave a fig about fellow-Guyanans--about anyone. He believed the family was privileged and he hated them for it, at least at that moment. He did not regard them as deserving empathy. He hated their child. He hated their house. He hated their lovely housekeeper and her good life. JMO and JMO I believe he did this the way he did, if he did, or whoever did, in a sheer evil, envious, hateful spirit--not for any cause and not only for money.

Yes, I hope he was alone. I hope there are not others who would partake of his lust for destruction or be complicit in it.

Let me vow never to envy again.

PS I think it is fair game based on our knowledge and experience of crime and criminals to profile, keeping in mind, that yes, when LE has a theory, it can be blind and deceptive in pursuing it, and yes, innocent until proven guilty and yes, NO evidence that JW did this. Obvious to me that LE has some theories and are focusing in on his story among others. We are only speculating and brainstorming the differentials.

My sense is the rage was at SS and his success. He was young, successful, had a beautiful wife, big home, fancy cars. The best of everything. Everything DW did not have

Spot on! Good post.

Spot on! Good post.

I wonder if while MSM is running full steam ahead on JW, LE is looking at someone(s) else?

Since the beginning I have not leaned towards suspecting JW's involvement. My personal belief was that LE found it hard to believe that this kid would be given 40K to drop off to a home (with security in a very secure neighborhood) where a family was being held hostage and subsequently killed. I think he was questioned, suspected and grilled, basically. I think LE had some of the same issues with his story that many have - this whole crime is just complete out of the ordinary! In any case, I understand why they may have suspected him in the beginning, but I did feel that they would move on from him fairly quickly (and I sincerely believe that they have).
The recent release of the SW and the CDocs before that does make me wonder why it seems that LE is purposefully letting his name "float" out there. Usually, LE is pretty darn quiet regarding evidence, especially evidence against a person they plan on convicting in court. so, if anything, the release of so many docs regarding JW is intriguing. I wonder if they are heavily chasing down leads into another unnamed "insider" ? By floating JW to the media, it may be all they need to keep someone else cool and calm, and feeling secure that he is not the object of LE's interest, but that JW is. In any case, I just wish the information about this case would speed up. We are currently hearing about theories that were held in the first hours of the investigation, I want to know where it is now, not three weeks ago!! :)

I wonder if while MSM is running full steam ahead on JW, LE is looking at someone(s) else?

If LE wasn't still looking at JW, they'd publicly clear him. Until they do so, he's still a suspect. Lying to federal investigators is a serious crime. It landed Martha Stewart in a federal prison for 6 months and her crime didn't involve a ransom/murder/arson that destroyed four people.

JMO

Good questions from WSer. BBM just to differentiate between the questions and my answers/opinions

What was JW doing between the time he got the money (9 a.m.?) and when it was delivered (10:30??) Driving from bank to SS home

Would it take 90 minutes to drive from the bank to SS's house? Yes, according to WSer/local lawyer yepitsme

What kind of car did JW drive to deliver the money? probably his own, the green BMW, at least that's what LE thinks, hence the search warrant

Did he drive that same car to Lowe's and the dojo? probably his own, the green BMW, but easy to verify through video LE either has or would be trying to get them wherever they exist

Earler... Days, weeks maybe.. There was some chat in the board that this crime may have been directed at SS's father and wiping out his legacy. I don't know, but it interested me and I haven't been able to put that out of my head entirely.

If LE wasn't still looking at JW, they'd publicly clear him. Until they do so, he's still a suspect. Lying to federal investigators is a serious crime. It landed Martha Stewart in a federal prison for 6 months and her crime didn't involve a ransom/murder/arson that destroyed four people.

JMO

I have followed many, many crimes and it is exceedingly rare to see LE publicly clear anyone. Add to that, LE is not holding routine pressers to disseminate that kind of info.

I have followed many, many crimes and it is exceedingly rare to see LE publicly clear anyone. Add to that, LE is not holding routine pressers to disseminate that kind of info.

I disagree that it is exceedingly rare. This case is a very high profile crime involving federal agents. I don't expect routine press conferences at this point because I think the evidence is currently before a grand jury.

JMO

What are the prevailing theories of JW's involvement? Anyone?

Some seem to think he was very hands on. That he left the interrogation by LE, hopped public transportation, came back to the scene of the crime and took the Porsche, and then drove it to the church, and torched it?

I am having a very hard time with that scenario. Do I have ot wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member