DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I've started to lean more toward DW acting alone, I still have questions. How and Why did the S family become targets of DW? Why now? Why did DW inflict torture on the S family and VF? Why did DW literally slaughter the S family and VF? Why such depraved brutality sustained over lengthy time, 19+ hours or more? Why did DW inflict the most vicious attack on PS? What was this crime all about? Was it just money or was there something else involved? Did LE do any drug testing on DW? These are some of the questions I have, and I'm sure I'll have more. This crime is one of the worst I've read about/followed, and I've been following true crime cases for many years. I cannot comprehend how anyone could do what DW did to the S family and VF, especially as the crime went on for 19+ hours. I hope LE is getting the answers to these questions, and I hope we learn what they are.
Yes! All these questions! One of my biggest is...why them and why now?

Nice find!! I haven't seen it...

And you aren't the only one who can't wrap their head around this guy being involved. In anything.

ETA - if you watch the broadcast, you will see JW speaking...quite a bit. He has passion for this. He no doubt loves working with kids - I don't know how involved he was with putting this program together, but I can tell he loves it.

I know there is still a lot of doubt here...but this brought me to tears. (they are not the first I have shed in this case, of course!) This man's life - of course if completely innocent - has been ruined, for the foreseeable future.

He also seems to have a passion for a lifestyle he can't afford. I think LE is having a tough time wrapping their heads around the 2009 Beemer and $$$$ in electronics this menial errand boy had in his possession. I know I am.

JMO

Though I've started to lean more toward DW acting alone, I still have questions. How and Why did the S family become targets of DW? Why now? Why did DW inflict torture on the S family and VF? Why did DW literally slaughter the S family and VF? Why such depraved brutality sustained over lengthy time, 19+ hours or more? Why did DW inflict the most vicious attack on PS? What was this crime all about? Was it just money or was there something else involved? Did LE do any drug testing on DW? These are some of the questions I have, and I'm sure I'll have more. This crime is one of the worst I've read about/followed, and I've been following true crime cases for many years. I cannot comprehend how anyone could do what DW did to the S family and VF, especially as the crime went on for 19+ hours. I hope LE is getting the answers to these questions, and I hope we learn what they are.

It seems several things motivated him. That link people provided to North American Iron Works settling with Guyanese workers around the time of the murders seems significant to me.

Was he high/drunk? Altered states spur people on.

He seems to fixate on harming people through their children, as shown in that threat he made to former girlfriend.

IMO It is interesting that they took the rocker panel and parts of JW's trunk.

Where did that come from? I don't know how to ask that question in a lighthearted, unrude way so that it is not taken wrong. I am simply curious, because I haven't seen that.

Emily Miller has decided to be the person who brings down JW. Totally irresponsible.

He also seems to have a passion for a lifestyle he can't afford. I think LE is having a tough time wrapping their heads around the 2009 Beemer and $$$$ in electronics this menial errand boy had in his possession. I know I am.

JMO

Racing is not a poor man's sport. None of us have any idea about his family's situation. <modsnip>

IMO It is interesting that they took the rocker panel and parts of JW's trunk.

I agree. Very interesting indeed. The family owned an incredible fleet of luxury cars, DW is caught with a rolling garage and LE confiscates JW's luxury car and strips off some of its parts. I think I know where this is headed.

JMO

In the family murders that I can remember reading about there is usually 2+ perps involved. Can anyone remember just 1 killer? Curious.

I can't speak for others. I don't know what if any JW's involvement was, but I think he did something wrong (I'm talking about before he was interrogated by LE that he did something wrong)...I don't know if he participated in something illegal, but I think he did something he shouldn't have. My reading of the charging doc is that SS told him to get the package and the accountant verified that he gave JW a package, so I do not think he was handed cash out of someone's pockets but instead was given a manila envelope that contained the commercial deposit bag with money in it. I think he broke open the manila envelope and took a picture of AIW's commercial deposit bag from BOA and then what could explain his time lag is that he got another manila envelope so that SS would be none the wiser that JW did this...or he could have done something more nefarious. I think for him to lie to LE he had to have done something pretty serious (even it wasn't criminal, it had be something he wouldn't want others to know even at the risk of criminal prosecution) and I think the charging doc is based upon multiple interviews with JW rather than just an initial one on the date of the fire.

I agree that he did something wrong in terms of messing around with the cash, texting a pic to his girl etc. That was immature, foolish and impulsive. Probably the same traits that got him fired previously and prevented him from succeeding as a true champion in the racing arena.

But I am still having a hard time making the leap from impulsive braggart to cold blooded killer. I cannot figure out what would make him plan a bloody home invasion with a dumb, lowlife ****. It makes no sense to me. If he wanted to team up with DW they could have done a few much simpler less dangerous things than this. They could have pulled off a phony carjacking quite easily. Very little muss and fuss and no dead bodies to send them to Death Row.

I see nothing in his background that leads me to believe that JW is a cold hearted, vicious type person, unlike DW.

Where did that come from? I don't know how to ask that question in a lighthearted, unrude way so that it is not taken wrong. I am simply curious, because I haven't seen that.

Police swabbed the doors, the steering wheel and the gearshift of the car. Parts of the vehicle were also taken, which included the rocker panel and some parts of the trunk.

Also seized in the search were SD cards, fast food receipts, backpacks, a GoPro camera and a MacBook Air laptop.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29243914/court-documents-police-vehicle-search-jordan-wallace

Should everyone who loses their lucrative job and then takes whatever job they can find, be required to relinquish previously acquired property?

In the family murders that I can remember reading about there is usually 2+ perps involved. Can anyone remember just 1 killer? Curious.

The entire Groene family was slaughtered by just one home invader. Only little Sierra survived.

The request for the warrant was on the 14th, the day of the fire. I'm pretty sure that is the only search warrant we've seen for a car anywhere around the scene. LE was immediately suspicious of the car.

JMO

are you sure? I thought it was dated the 15th. Away from my laptop, so I can't check.

I don't know a Bank of America in this area that opens before 9:00am...which location was the one where the money was picked up?

Well thats not true. They lived pretty large. Its just that their house was not large in the context of the neighborhood.

Forgive me, my writing wasn't clear. Their lifestyle was certainly one of privilege. I meant to say as far as being flashy, I don't see it.

You'd have to be connected to them to know about the experiential splurges afforded by their wealth, schools, vacations, or to have knowledge of buying a go-kart stored elsewhere, or the homes outside DC. Sure, there are multiple cars at the house, but they have four people who are of driving age, as do other families in the neighborhood.

I meant to say that there wasn't anything but the Mosler that would draw attention to a casual observer.

I am only clarifying this because I theorize that they were targeted and this wasn't a crime of opportunity. I see this as supporting this theory. I don't mean to be disagreeable.

The only things I accept as fact are those in the gov docs, and even then I don't accept Mr. Wallace's included statements as gospel. So my theororizing is stunted at whether they were even targeted.

I don't believe any of them were targeted because of revenge or a grudge.

DW wanted big money. The one person he knew of who had a lot of money and was indeed wealthy was his ex-boss at AIWs. That's why he was targeted. His wealth.

Imo, DW used Philip to control all of the others. He is a sociopath and torturing Philip meant nothing to him. He was used as a tool to gain control and to make sure he was given money. Sociopaths will do anything necessary to obtain their goals even torturing innocent others including children.

We have seen several home invasion cases discussed right here on WS who have done the most gosh awful sadistic things to their helpless victims. From using power drills and drilling into the kneecaps and ankles of their victims to viscous repeated rapes of even children. And those had no connection whatsoever to the victims they sadistically tortured. Monsters like Wint do these horrible things just because they can and they want to do them. Its scary but that is just reality when it comes to these type of murderers.

They were all murdered because he wasn't going to leave anyone in that home alive where they would be able to tell what happened to them. That is why Vera was killed along with the rest.

IMO

JMO

SD cards, GoPro and MacBook?

He had a steady job for several years, right? These are not surprising belongings to have. I even know students who own all of these things.

I think JW was given the package and with all the rush and strangeness around it, couldn't hold in his curiosity and opened it. That's what his text to his girlfriend sounds like to me. I think he's probably an innocent bystander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1