DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all want to talk about terrible reporters? Now this is a terrible reporter. I really can't stand this woman, she's horrible.

Eek sorry... I recently moved to the DC area, and am still trying to get a feel for the local reporters. I didn't mean to pass along terrible reporting. Not that I thought she was particularly good or anything... I just don't have a great feel for who the really bad ones are yet.

SD cards, GoPro and MacBook?

He had a steady job for several years, right? These are not surprising belongings to have. I even know students who own all of these things.

He had a steady job for several years but that doesn't mean it was a well-paying job.

JMO

Thanks for this link - so far, this is the most responsible report I've seen! Way to go WUSA9.com! :D

At least they use the word "allegedly" and use the non-emotional word "cash" rather than "ransom money".
----------------------------

As far as Wint being helped with the actual murders: if he was alone, a stun gun helps, too. I have no problem thinking his cousin/brother/relative helped him, though.

Forgive me, my writing wasn't clear. Their lifestyle was certainly one of privilege. I meant to say as far as being flashy, I don't see it.

You'd have to be connected to them to know about the experiential splurges afforded by their wealth, schools, vacations, or to have knowledge of buying a go-kart stored elsewhere, or the homes outside DC. Sure, there are multiple cars at the house, but they have four people who are of driving age, as do other families in the neighborhood.

I meant to say that there wasn't anything but the Mosler that would draw attention to a casual observer.

I am only clarifying this because I theorize that they were targeted and this wasn't a crime of opportunity. I see this as supporting this theory. I don't mean to be disagreeable.

The only things I accept as fact are those in the gov docs, and even then I don't accept Mr. Wallace's included statements as gospel. So my theororizing is stunted at whether they were even targeted.

Law Enforcement would agree with you that they were targeted. They surely know more than we know, so I expect you're right.

In the family murders that I can remember reading about there is usually 2+ perps involved. Can anyone remember just 1 killer? Curious.

McStays, Groenes... off the top of my head. I'm sure others can add more.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I keep getting back to the question of why the leaks, why the drumbeat against JW. I'm not at all convinced by whats out there that he's implicated. I assume the leaks are coming from LE so it could mean one of two things: (1) there is more than we are aware of that implicates JW, or (2) they are playing some kind of long game against someone else, lulling them into thinking they've escaped the heat.

I don't think either of these scenarios is particularly persuasive.

I also think he acted alone except for maybe some help in the aftermath by unaware associates. I've seen posts saying DW wasn't smart enough to plan this crime. Doesn't seem like good planning to me. More like frantic, panicked, chaotic, rage-filled, hasty, stupid, planning that fell apart really quickly. Just the fact that he set the house and car on fire. Makes no sense. Just a sociopath with distorted thinking. I don't think JW is a sociopath

I think JW was given the package and with all the rush and strangeness around it, couldn't hold in his curiosity and opened it. That's what his text to his girlfriend sounds like to me. I think he's probably an innocent bystander.

He sure didn't know how to be discreet in his job duties. He seemed more interested in trying to impress his girlfriend. Seems very immature for his age.

What I do find very interesting though is LE is releasing these search warrants and a lot have to do with Wallace and it sure doesn't put him in a good light. The police have to know they are making him a target of suspicion. They haven't released the SWs on the truck or car when DW was apprehended but they sure have released a lot of info about Wallace.

They have to have a reason for doing so. They don't release things willy nilly. imo

I agree. Very interesting indeed. The family owned an incredible fleet of luxury cars, DW is caught with a rolling garage and LE confiscates JW's luxury car and strips off some of its parts. I think I know where this is headed.

JMO

where?

SD cards, GoPro and MacBook?

He had a steady job for several years, right? These are not surprising belongings to have. I even know students who own all of these things.

GoPros range from 200 to 500 bucks. Every young guy I know has one. Used Macs are everywhere too. We bought our kids MacBooks for school and they still have them.

A 2009 BMW can be had for a very reasonable price. I just saw some online for 14- 19 k. I don't know what kind he had, but you don't need to be a millionaire to drive a 6 yr old BMW.

Where's the DVR? Where are the cell phones? Where is the money? It seems to me they should have found at least some of this stuff via the various searches of DW's homes. Perhaps he tossed the DVR and the cell phones, but the money? Where's the money? Thats what makes me think he wasn't alone. He might have been the only one in the house.

Police swabbed the doors, the steering wheel and the gearshift of the car. Parts of the vehicle were also taken, which included the rocker panel and some parts of the trunk.

Also seized in the search were SD cards, fast food receipts, backpacks, a GoPro camera and a MacBook Air laptop.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29243914/court-documents-police-vehicle-search-jordan-wallace

I wonder why they would have to take out part of the trunk? Maybe testing for DNA?

I am still hoping that the police are being overly cautious as to arrests and paperwork and that is why not much is forthcoming at the moment.

I'm sure we have proof that this is true.

There was an earlier discussion about the warrant being needed for Mr. Wallace's phone if he'd authorized a dump. The unnecessary warrant says to me that Chief Lanier is not taking chances, and that if this goes before a jury there won't be an opportunity to confuse jurors by a lack thereof. A warrant and a release were both obtained. (And, to be clear, I'm not suggesting that Mr. Wallace's phone records are evidence of guilt. I'm saying that every aspect if this case is being so carefully teased out in preparation for dealing with a DC jury.) They are dotting "I"s and crossing "T"s.

This is also why I believe that there was more than one bad actor. The early press conference where it was stated that Mr. Wint didn't act alone, in itself, makes a compelling case that he did not. I don't see the extraordinarily capable MPD chief creating reasonable doubt for anyone's defense in these horrific crimes. There must have been forensic evidence at the time of the press conference proving there was a second, unidentified, person who was involved in some way.

Police swabbed the doors, the steering wheel and the gearshift of the car. Parts of the vehicle were also taken, which included the rocker panel and some parts of the trunk.

Also seized in the search were SD cards, fast food receipts, backpacks, a GoPro camera and a MacBook Air laptop.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29243914/court-documents-police-vehicle-search-jordan-wallace

Yes. That is all standard in an investigation and you are looking at someone you think could be the perp.

McStays, Groenes... off the top of my head. I'm sure others can add more.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

The Husted parents was murdered by one lone suspect. Oh and the police came out to the community and said they were targeted implying it was done by someone they knew well. Nope, once the suspect was finally arrested it turned out to be complete stranger who had invaded their home, and they discovered him there so he murdered both of them.

Guy Heinz Jr. was able to murder 8 members of his family all by himself.

There are others but that is a couple.

He sure didn't know how to be discreet in his job duties. He seemed more interested in trying to impress his girlfriend. Seems very immature for his age.

What I do find very interesting though is LE is releasing these search warrants and a lot have to do with Wallace and it sure doesn't put him in a good light. The police have to know they are making him a target of suspicion. They haven't released the SWs on the truck or car when DW was apprehended but they sure have released a lot of info about Wallace.

They have to have a reason for doing so. They don't release things willy nilly. imo

Those SW's from DW's car/truck are a week older than the ones that involved JW. And of course, DDW's SW are still part of the investigation.

Is there a point when LW releases SW's involved that are no longer part of the investigation?

What about a FOIA request? I would almost bet money those are being done daily by all sorts of media. I also don't know the ins-and-outs of how those work.

Could they be released now because there is no longer a need to keep these details a "secret"? As they are no longer part of the investigation?

I don't know...which is why I am asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1