DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO there could be dirt, sand, etc on the outside from where he was driving or there could be dirt, etc from his shoes that transferred to the panel while he entered or exited the car. I'm not sure what dirt, sand etc that they would compare it to though. JMO

My best guess was to detect whether car has been repainted. VIN numbers are hidden throughout a luxury car by the manufacturer and LE may have discovered the car didn't match it's original VIN.

JMO

Did JW actually go to the bank? His second statement confuses me and has me believing that he only went to the AIW office to pick up package.

Supposedly, it's been stated that there are cell phone pings for him and video of him at the hardware store. If so, shouldn't there be video of him at the bank... Unless he didn't go there.

Off topic.... Anyone know how I can change my avatar?

My Settings/my profile/edit my avatar/ ;)

I was totally convinced of JW's involvement some days ago and said so. Now, with this new information, I'm not so sure. Specifically, the text to the gf and the timing of where he was/when, just don't support in my view that he was involved. I still think he knew DW, though, and I know what I saw on DW's facebook page - the link to Praga. I think their connection is through cars and the neighborhood. I don't know what it means, though. Maybe DW got the idea for this from casually pumping JW for information.

It's so curious. Some people were sure JW was innocent and are now sliding toward involved. I find the new information more exculpatory than not, but could still change my mind. Again.

That said, for a long time, I have wondered about this map. And if it means anything, or if my imagination is just running wild. Probably it is, because that's what it does.
930 Childs Point Rd is the Pyle home. Burned to the ground, children and grandparents inside, Jan 20 2015. Yes, I know they attributed the cause to an electrical outlet and the Christmas tree. But. It's a huge, 2005 construction home. It still makes me think. How often does this happen?
The rest of the map points you can decipher for yourselves. It just gave me pause - and I wondered. Never found any link beyond the geography, though. So it's probably my suspicious mind on overdrive.

Back on the fence. Not sure JW is involved intentionally, but several posters are making quite convincing arguments to the contrary. I hope LE is as good as I'm imagining them to be.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/St+M...d39.150534!3e0

The day I saw this house on fire on the news I instantly thought of the Pyles. I've been to that house many times and for all of them not to get out made no sense to me.

I was totally convinced of JW's involvement some days ago and said so. Now, with this new information, I'm not so sure. Specifically, the text to the gf and the timing of where he was/when, just don't support in my view that he was involved. I still think he knew DW, though, and I know what I saw on DW's facebook page - the link to Praga. I think their connection is through cars and the neighborhood. I don't know what it means, though. Maybe DW got the idea for this from casually pumping JW for information.

It's so curious. Some people were sure JW was innocent and are now sliding toward involved. I find the new information more exculpatory than not, but could still change my mind. Again.

That said, for a long time, I have wondered about this map. And if it means anything, or if my imagination is just running wild. Probably it is, because that's what it does.
930 Childs Point Rd is the Pyle home. Burned to the ground, children and grandparents inside, Jan 20 2015. Yes, I know they attributed the cause to an electrical outlet and the Christmas tree. But. It's a huge, 2005 construction home. It still makes me think. How often does this happen?
The rest of the map points you can decipher for yourselves. It just gave me pause - and I wondered. Never found any link beyond the geography, though. So it's probably my suspicious mind on overdrive.

Back on the fence. Not sure JW is involved intentionally, but several posters are making quite convincing arguments to the contrary. I hope LE is as good as I'm imagining them to be.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/St+...fad0f94c925c!2m2!1d-76.793835!2d39.150534!3e0

I agree, the co-incidence is stunning.

The day I saw this house on fire on the news I instantly thought of the Pyles. I've been to that house many times and for all of them not to get out made no sense to me.

I have never heard of this case...but as with I think most of us here, curiosity was peaked so I went to search. I don't think any of us would be here if we weren't the curious types!

How does a house like that become COMPLETELY ENGULFED like that? And the occupants not get out? From a Christmas tree?

I don't know how much of that house was brick...but the Savopoulus (felt the need to use their name...SS, etc is so impersonal and I feel bad) home was at least on the outside, completely brick. Yes...drywall/wood inside, but the structure was brick.

But there was gasoline involved with the Savopoulos home...so why not more damage? Of course, thank God there wasn't. Not only for the girls and whatever memories they can save...but for evidence!

Is it really a matter of new construction with new materials - though the turrets were brick and the only thing left standing - vs old construction (1928) with all brick?

I agree, the co-incidence is stunning.

I happened to look at the distance from JW's Annapolis Addy to the Pyles and I did find that strange. I'm not saying they are connected at all. I was just doing research.

They do not tow cars for not having a permit unless they are in a tow away zone. This wasn't one. However, they can search and remove cars under a standard lower than probable cause.

Such as? I'm just trying to figure out if I have my car parked for less than two hours in zone 3 (and I don't have a zone sticker or guest permit), can LE tow it because they feel like it? Or do they have to have a legitimate reason? I understand JW/W1 could have said "Hey, there's my car. Take it and hold on to it as long as you like!" But if LE took it before he offered it up, before they were done interviewing him, how can they just take a car off the street?

Oh no! Please don't take it like that. That comment wasn't directed at you at all. I just really don't like Emily Miller lol You just moved here, you will probably see why in a few months.

Oh, no offense taken... it seemed squarely directed at Emily Miller! I am still learning the ropes of the local news world here. I lived in smaller metro areas for the past decade or so where local news covered college sports, cats in trees, and other trivial local events, and I always hoped that moving back to a bigger metro area meant better local reporters by default, but that is just not the case!

I happened to look at the distance from JW's Annapolis Addy to the Pyles and I did find that strange. I'm not saying they are connected at all. I was just doing research.

I think the hairs on LE's collective necks would stand up with fire #2. I'm sure they are looking at this, just because. To have two "mansions" go up in flames with the families inside within a small geographical area is something you want to look at. I have no idea if there is any connection. But I do wonder. Could just be a coincidence.

I have never heard of this case...but as with I think most of us here, curiosity was peaked so I went to search. I don't think any of us would be here if we weren't the curious types!

How does a house like that become COMPLETELY ENGULFED like that? And the occupants not get out? From a Christmas tree?

I don't know how much of that house was brick...but the Savopoulus (felt the need to use their name...SS, etc is so impersonal and I feel bad) home was at least on the outside, completely brick. Yes...drywall/wood inside, but the structure was brick.

But there was gasoline involved with the Savopoulos home...so why not more damage? Of course, thank God there wasn't. Not only for the girls and whatever memories they can save...but for evidence!

Is it really a matter of new construction with new materials - though the turrets were brick and the only thing left standing - vs old construction (1928) with all brick?

The firefighters in the Pyle case were hampered by lack of water to put it out...they had to put a pumper boat in the water. So the house was totally consumed quickly. But the ATF did investigate it and while they determined an electrical short ignited the live Christmas tree, I think this latest arson case would cause them some concern not just because of the locations but because business leaders and their families were involved.

JMO

I think the hairs on LE's collective necks would stand up with fire #2. I'm sure they are looking at this, just because. To have two "mansions" go up in flames with the families inside within a small geographical area is something you want to look at. I have no idea if there is any connection. But I do wonder. Could just be a coincidence.

The Pyle case is the first thing that came to my mind when I first heard about this one. For one thing, both family homes were filled with valuable possessions and the fires would obliterate LE's ability to see what all was missing.

JMO

BBM

Well-tended houses of that era have plaster interior walls, not drywall. That, along with the brick exterior, had a lot to do with the limited fire damage.

IMO, newer construction uses inferior products (particle board vs real wood), so I could easily see a newer-built house burning more quickly than the Savopoulos house. Add to that, some newer construction uses veneer facades that only "look" like brick or stone. That stuff isn't cheap either (in terms of dollars) ...

The firefighters in the Pyle case were hampered by lack of water to put it out...they had to put a pumper boat in the water. So the house was totally consumed quickly. But the ATF did investigate it and while they determined an electrical short ignited the live Christmas tree, I think this latest arson case would cause them some concern not just because of the locations but because business leaders and their families were involved.

JMO

When I was helping my Dad sell their house after my Mom died...we sold it so someone getting a VA loan.

They lived out of town, off city water. It was an issue and we had to get a report before they could get their loan about how far to the nearest fire hydrants and water tower. Such a shame to be surrounded by water...and not be able to use it!

I again think the Savopoulos girls are lucky they are in a highly visible area - which has been discussed as being a weak point in most parts of this crime - that the fire was seen quickly and First Responders were there so quickly. Their treasured memories are hopefully mostly intact.

Man, every time I think of them, my stomach does a few flips...

The Pyle case is the first thing that came to my mind when I first heard about this one. For one thing, both family homes were filled with valuable possessions and the fires would obliterate LE's ability to see what all was missing.

JMO

For me, it's just the rarity of the fire aspect. Well-maintained/refurbished expensive or newer homes just don't go up in flames. I wonder what we would be processing if the fire at the Savopoulos home had destroyed the structure completely? If everyone were burned beyond recognition? What sort of evidence would we be looking at? I'm just going off the rails here, but you have to wonder.

For me, it's just the rarity of the fire aspect. Well-maintained/refurbished expensive or newer homes just don't go up in flames. I wonder what we would be processing if the fire at the Savopoulos home had destroyed the structure completely? If everyone were burned beyond recognition? What sort of evidence would we be looking at? I'm just going off the rails here, but you have to wonder.

Since we don't know what kind of video surveillance LE has in this case...it is hard to say.

But it could very well be a cold case. Pizza not in play? No DNA to find DDW. Hard to say if they could have gotten anything from the car evidence.

And that chills me to the bone...that the person(s) that are responsible for this could be walking the streets. Free to strike again...and now they are bolstered by their getting away with it. That thought just terrifies me!

Just throwing my 2 cents in...

I agree that JWs lies definitely raise some serious questions, and based only on what we (the general public) know at this point, he can't be ruled out. Nevertheless, I don't believe he had anything to do w/ the murders.

1. The Instagram pictures don't seem odd or suspicious to me. He loved cars. He seemed to love his job because he had the opportunity to drive nice cars. He used hashtags like #livingthedream. That doesn't seem odd to me for someone his age.

2. He probably sent that text to his girlfriend like "holy crap! look how much money my boss asked me to deliver!" & then lied about the money being in a Manila envelope after he found out what happened because he thought "a picture of that $$$ is on my phone right now and they're gonna think I had something to do w/ this!"

3. LE found none of the evidence they were looking for in his car.

4. Video surveillance at Home Depot shows him in Chantilly VA at the time the fire was set and for a significant amount of time before that. His phone data also backed up his location.

5. I think the residential situation is only a coincidence. I think it's highly unlikely he knew DWW at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1