TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here’s the harrowing account of the man in Halifax, which happened just five months ago, in February, so just a few weeks before Caleb!

He himself can’t comprehend how it happened that he wasn’t able to use his arms to prevent himself from completely falling in. He just took a step on the “pristine snow”, as he says, and the next thing he knew he was in ice-cold water. A woman heard his cries for help, saw him down the hole, and called 911.

Very happy for this man, yet it is also painful to hear if I imagine what poor Caleb might have gone through, with no savior to rescue him in time.

(I apologize if this was posted before. I thought someone posted some video before of an incident, but I don’t know if it was this one.)

Yes, this definitely confirms that the act of suddenly stepping your foot into a huge drop is enough to completely throw you off balance in every sense. This man was fortunate enough to have a witness to his yelling for help; otherwise it seems clear that he would not have survived.

Was this manhole put out in there in this farm field as part of the initial construction in anticipation of it being developed some day? The term man hole is used and suggests that this is like a man hole in the middle of city street that workmen use but this one is much narrower.
I just measured my shoulder width ( I am a regular size woman)and there is no way my shoulders would go down a 15 diameter hole unless my arms were straight over my head and I went straight down in, and it would be a tight fit for a 25 inch diameter hole. His shoulders are a lot wider than mine.
And, most of all, how and why did he walk BAREFOOT across that field for that distance and be unlucky enough to find a 15 inch hole and step into it . And, if all that could have happened, were there rungs on the inside of this manhole that he might have used to pull himself back up to the top? How do the workmen who use the hole get back up? MOO MOO MOO

So, I wonder—what of the sighting of Caleb walking past Simmons Bank on Rodd Field Road?

A false sighting? Or would it still fit in the timeline somehow?
I too believe that must be a false sighting as it was only ever mentioned on GHI to the best of my knowledge. One thing I thought about is maybe Caleb was walking backwards when he stepped into the hole. He was out taking pictures any maybe backed up to get a different angle and stepped into the hole. Sort of like a person stepping backwards and falling off a stage or a dock.

It was mentioned by the investigator that the cover was off that manhole and may have been damaged when someone plowed that field. I wonder if the person who did the plowing ever notified the city of the damage done to the manhole and if so when that report was made. With the cover off the manhole and grass over growing the hole that was an accident waiting to happen. And with Caleb wondering around there in the middle of the night one can easily imagine this accident occurring. It is still a bit miraculous that this missing manhole cover was not discovered during the initial searches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back