DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All LE has to do is serve your ISP with a warrant and they can see all your text messages.

Seriously??? Text messages are stored on a server somewhere??? I hope my husband never goes missing........I would be in trouble. :waitasec:

For me, it's just the rarity of the fire aspect. Well-maintained/refurbished expensive or newer homes just don't go up in flames. I wonder what we would be processing if the fire at the Savopoulos home had destroyed the structure completely? If everyone were burned beyond recognition? What sort of evidence would we be looking at? I'm just going off the rails here, but you have to wonder.

I've always questioned the conclusion the Pyles kept their Christmas lights on all night on a tree that was two months old. It never made sense to me. I learned that danger when I was a kid.

One thing that struck me early on in this tragedy was that both of the families were getting ready to go on vacation. I sincerely hope LE has researched as to whether there were any household services these two households had in common such as housekeeping or lawn services.

JMO

When I was helping my Dad sell their house after my Mom died...we sold it so someone getting a VA loan.

They lived out of town, off city water. It was an issue and we had to get a report before they could get their loan about how far to the nearest fire hydrants and water tower. Such a shame to be surrounded by water...and not be able to use it!

I again think the Savopoulos girls are lucky they are in a highly visible area - which has been discussed as being a weak point in most parts of this crime - that the fire was seen quickly and First Responders were there so quickly. Their treasured memories are hopefully mostly intact.

Man, every time I think of them, my stomach does a few flips...

You have to be kidding to say that these girls are lucky right now in ANY way. We should not be talking about them at all. IMO.

I was totally convinced of JW's involvement some days ago and said so. Now, with this new information, I'm not so sure. Specifically, the text to the gf and the timing of where he was/when, just don't support in my view that he was involved. I still think he knew DW, though, and I know what I saw on DW's facebook page - the link to Praga. I think their connection is through cars and the neighborhood. I don't know what it means, though. Maybe DW got the idea for this from casually pumping JW for information.

It's so curious. Some people were sure JW was innocent and are now sliding toward involved. I find the new information more exculpatory than not, but could still change my mind. Again.

That said, for a long time, I have wondered about this map. And if it means anything, or if my imagination is just running wild. Probably it is, because that's what it does.
930 Childs Point Rd is the Pyle home. Burned to the ground, children and grandparents inside, Jan 20 2015. Yes, I know they attributed the cause to an electrical outlet and the Christmas tree. But. It's a huge, 2005 construction home. It still makes me think. How often does this happen?
The rest of the map points you can decipher for yourselves. It just gave me pause - and I wondered. Never found any link beyond the geography, though. So it's probably my suspicious mind on overdrive.

Back on the fence. Not sure JW is involved intentionally, but several posters are making quite convincing arguments to the contrary. I hope LE is as good as I'm imagining them to be.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/St+...fad0f94c925c!2m2!1d-76.793835!2d39.150534!3e0

Smart and objective! I agree.

I saw this segment and Ficker comes across as someone who is mentally deranged. I cant believe that he is a practicing lawyer. He closed out the interview by blurting out that police should be investigating VFs husband saying “ he just arrived in this country ... he should be a suspect” . Not only is this a despicable accusation to make against a grieving husband it is also highly defamatory and as a lawyer Ficker should know you cant make unsubstantiated accusations like that without opening yourself to a lawsuit.

I suspect the next thing out of Flicker's mouth will be that one of the fireman must of stole the money that was supposed to be left in the Mosler

Should everyone who loses their lucrative job and then takes whatever job they can find, be required to relinquish previously acquired property?

Was his job at Autobahn Go-Karting lucrative?

Very interesting map birpu! I always had a funny feeling about the Pyle tragedy, but to be fair and balanced I offer this>> [video=youtube;GQT8yOYJKxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQT8yOYJKxQ[/video]

Very interesting map! I always had a funny feeling about the Pyle tragedy, but to be fair and balanced I offer this>> [video=youtube;GQT8yOYJKxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQT8yOYJKxQ[/video]

Pretty scary. Will keep it in mind.

Seriously??? Text messages are stored on a server somewhere??? I hope my husband never goes missing........I would be in trouble. :waitasec:

I am always amazed that people don't understand how large their digital footprint is. Just consider that we have read the news that the NSA keeps on file the details about every single call, text, email that traverses all of the the telco operators' equipment in the US. That says mainly that electronic storage is really cheap and really fast. Telcos themselves also have abundant storage, and it greatly improves the customer experience to have mirrored and stored data. Indeed, there are probably at least four copies at some point, of every text you send. At least, I'd guess that's the number if you and the recipient don't share a plan or provider.

Very interesting map! I always had a funny feeling about the Pyle tragedy, but to be fair and balanced I offer this>> [video=youtube;GQT8yOYJKxQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQT8yOYJKxQ[/video]

I have never been so glad to have an artificial tree! I have learned a valuable lesson tonight...even though I knew it, I still left the tree on the entire month of December. Day and night. Never again.

I'm starting to lean toward DW doing this alone.

S&BBM

Do you think DW brought a change of shoes with him too?

Somehow that boot print got on the door that was kicked in and that boot print didn't match DW's bloody footwear that LE found one of the victims DNA blood on. Obviously if the print from DW's bloody shoe matched the boot print on the door, LE would't be looking for a match to the print left on the door.

That pretty much tells you at least two people had to have been at the house. One kicked in the door and DW since he had blood on his shoe.

JMO

Where does it say DW's shoe didn't match the print on the door? Nowhere as far as I can tell. These warrants were issued before DW was apprehended and his shoes examined.

S&BBM

Somehow that boot print got on the door that was kicked in and that boot print didn't match DW's bloody footwear that LE found one of the victims DNA blood on. Obviously if the print from DW's bloody shoe matched the boot print on the door, LE would't be looking for a match to the print left on the door.

That pretty much tells you at least two people had to have been at the house. One kicked in the door and DW since he had blood on his shoe.

JMO

But weren't those SW's quite a long time ago? Possibly even before, or same day, as his arrest? My point being that they could have been searching at the time of the SW, but have now matched them...along with the blood found. I feel like I have to keep saying this...but I don't know. Which is why I am asking.

Any idea why that part of the car would be of interest?

I am just throwing this out there, so don't everyone jump down my throat at once! It's possible they are looking for trace evidence of locations where they think JW/W1 might have had the car, especially if he denies being in that location. I'm thinking certain bugs, plant life or dirt with a specific make-up.

ETA: I see others had similar ideas, so I don't feel like I'm out on such a limb now. :)

What are a "rocker panel" and an "SD card?"

TIA!

An SD card goes inside of a camera or computer to hold photos (don't think they are capable of holding anything else...but I could be wrong)

This is a rocker panel - though this one might have been removed already. That is where it is located...and is a BMW, if that matters.

Rocker-Panel-Trim7.JPG

S&BBM

JMO

I have not heard one way or the other if the shoe/boot print matched DW's shoes or not. I do have to wonder why no one else has been arrested though. And nothing from LE about anyone being wanted either. LE has said they think DW didn't act alone, and I'm still open to that possibilty, but we've heard nothing concrete to date.

Mr. Ficker is still hoping to become DW's lawyer. Claims DW family members paid him to represent DW.
"“I made it very clear that I signed an agreement and have been paid by four members of [Wint's] family to represent him and that's the status now,” said Ficker."
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29245407/local-attorney-daron-wint

I really want him to not be involved...because I can't help but laugh at every word that comes from his mouth. And my eyes don't want him to be involved either...because the eye rolling that involuntarily happens hurts my eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member