DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cell phone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. Police also said Wallace received a call from someone at American Iron Works informing him that his bosses’s house was on fire, and that he immediately drove to Woodland Drive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c1d3f5c_story.html?postshare=1201433445701455

bumping

Googling* red line bag got me thinking. Could the 'red line bag' be a Redlined (brand) bag, a promo item or merchandise from race related business. Ex:
http://www.redlinedatv.com/ dirt bike, ATV track or park in Meeker, OK near OKC. Not seeing shop, or merchandise on ^website.

Or non-car-race, non-motor related business, like:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Redline-XIII-Game-Bag-Red/26076171
"The Easton Redline XIII Game Bag is a mid-sized equipment bag featuring large main compartment, J-style fence hook, interior valuables pocket and a Velcro Glove Zone."
Size accommodates baseball bats & more.

http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-redline.php
"DJ bags" for holding music related equip have red linings, per ex below.

Just another angle about red line bag, relevant or not.

These are large distances to drive here. From the bank into DC, from DC to Chantilly and back, I'd say each leg of this was around an hour. We have terrible traffic, especially going in and out of town.

Especially at rush hour!

Then I think that means that JW is the unreliable witness or LE is the unreliable witness. Because JW is the one who told LE that it belonged to him. In CD.

He changed his story and told them about the red bag after his gf showed the police the picture of the money he sent.

Wint had no job... was working odd jobs he said. per fox5

Finding JW's green BMW one block from the crime scene pretty much tells me that he is the one who stole the Porsche.

JMO

But didn't a previous article say that he was driving over to the SS home when he wss told about the fire? When did he take the Porsche? After the fire began?

If he took it before, then LE would know that already because they know where his cell was pinging when he was texting AS' cell around the time of the fire. If he was already right there at the home, he'd be in :jail: already, imo.

Questions I have:

What was JW doing between the time he got the money (9 a.m.?) and when it was delivered (10:30??)
Would it take 90 minutes to drive from the bank to SS's house?
What kind of car did JW drive to deliver the money?
Did he drive that same car to Lowe's and the dojo?

He put red bag with the money into an envelope and left the whole thing in the car in the garage.
Therefore, why would he have the red bag? LE is searching for it because it's evidence. Why wouldn't LE search for it?

Why would it be listed in the SW of JW's car if they believed he put it in the manila envelope and then placed that envelope in the Mosler?

Him having accomplices doesn't mean that JW is involved.

I don't see him holding anyone hostage by himself if he had to go to the garage to search for duct tape!! That just doesn't make any sense. It is more likely that he brought the duct tape with him, or had someone else with him. That does not mean that only person that could have been with him is JW.

I didn't actually say that. I was wondering what reason there might be that some people on here have firmly rejected the notion that DW could have acted alone. (To me that means people are rejecting that he could have had ANY accomplice.) But I wonder if they are just rejecting the idea of an insider.

I just can't figure out why people would presume LE is wrong about him not being able to act alone on this.

Questions I have:

What was JW doing between the time he got the money (9 a.m.?) and when it was delivered (10:30??)
Would it take 90 minutes to drive from the bank to SS's house?
What kind of car did JW drive to deliver the money?
Did he drive that same car to Lowe's and the dojo?

I wonder that same thing.

My bet is that JW drove his own car around doing errands for SS..IMO

Why would it be listed in the SW of JW's car if they believed he put it in the manila envelope and then placed that envelope in the Mosler?

I think it's rather obvious they suspected him, which is why they accused him of lying to them.

OK, I could be wrong but my understanding is that the Porsche was last seen at 10:30. Then it was seen on NY Avenue at 1:30 (do we know where?). The fire was reported at 1:15. You have to go through downtown to get to NY Avenue. It would be very difficult to get through downtown and over to NY Ave. in 20 minutes in the middle of the day. Maybe when they said he was driving erratically they meant speeding and driving aggressively, but I just can't see making that kind of time. PLus why would they say the Porsche was last seen at 10:30 if they think it was still there?

But couldn't the fire have been burning for a bit - even 10 minutes? - before it was reported??

Yep. He told LE he headed to the crime scene as soon as he learned of the fire.

He had to explain why his car would be found parked a block away.

JMO

What? I do not get this. He headed back because his car was parked a block away? huh?

I didn't actually say that. I was wondering what reason there might be that some people on here have firmly rejected the notion that DW could have acted alone. (To me that means people are rejecting that he could have had ANY accomplice.) But I wonder if they are just rejecting the idea of an insider.

I just can't figure out why people would presume LE is wrong about him not being able to act alone on this.

Well, if LE isn't wrong, where are the additional arrests?

'Just looking for other thoughts/opinions on this...

Is it likely that this crime was committed without "inside" knowledge? Did the perps just somehow managed to do surveillance on the home, and had no specific knowledge of the security system in the home nor any other details? Does anyone think inside assistance was almost certainly required to commit the crime?

My whole point is that JW said he put the money in a red bag. He doesn't say he removed the money from the red bag and then put it in the Manilla envelope. He said he put the money in the Manilla envelope, which was still in the red bag.

And yes, local news gets things from national news etc...this crime absolutely has local reporters getting the stories directly from someone. I did a quick search of my posts and Pops from yesterday when that stuff about the red bag inside the envelope came out. We have both made so many posts, I gave up.

Given what has been stated, what has been seen in SW and the CD, this makes sense to me. It doesn't have to make sense to you.

BBM. Is there a link to this statement by LE? TIA!

I'm surprised he was able to park within a block of the house when the fire fighters were on the scene. Do we know what car he was driving that day? Did he switch (not steal) cars at any point?

Wow, you raise a very good point. I think he switched cars and was driving the Porsche at some point during the day. If JW's car was parked inside the area that police cordoned off to traffic, that would mean the car was there BEFORE the fire trucks arrived. That could be why they so quickly became suspicious. Hmmmm.....

JMO

But couldn't the fire have been burning for a bit - even 10 minutes? - before it was reported??

Fire could have been burning for way longer than 10 minutes before it was reported. It all depends on how fast it was spreading.

'Just looking for other thoughts/opinions on this...

Is it likely that this crime was committed without "inside" knowledge? Did the perps just somehow managed to do surveillance on the home, and had no specific knowledge of the security system in the home nor any other details? Does anyone think inside assistance was almost certainly required to commit the crime?

In Petit home invasion, perps didn't have any inside information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper