DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought that J.W.'s car is being processed to determine whether there is DNA or a shoe print that matches D.W. or any of the other parties who were with D.W. when he was arrested. I feel it is to find out who else was in that car who may have been involved.

I am not saying J.W. was involved because I don't know. However for the police to seem to be overly cautious is great to see! JMO

The only reason I find his toys noteworthy is that he has a passion that is beyond his means, at least without a great deal of personal financial sacrifice. It seems that he'd go without toys like a GoPro if he needed money for things like a trip to Italy. I guess it feeds into my image of him as out of touch with the reality of his circumstances, who doesn't respect what it takes to earn what he wants to have.

Again, I'm not saying I think he his involved. But, I belive it would be hard to rule him out.

Racers use GoPros to film themselves and their races. Watching the Indy Car race last week and Go Pros in the cars. I will find that video called "Chasing JW" if possible...Skateboarders, skydivers, adventurers, musicians...people with small children. Used by everyone.
We bought ours for less than $300.
Every kid I know has $$$ in tech toys/ gadgets. They all have $500+ phones--why is this surprising? JW has parents and I assume they give him birthday and Christmas presents. He is of the tech generation.
I find it normal he has all this stuff.

I think it's possible the reason it's important JW lied about whether the car was locked or unlocked is what emmavoberry said, that it could show he didn't really know the status of the Mosler's locks because he didn't actually leave the money on the seat, but rather met DW in the garage to give him the money. To back up their suspicions on this, they could be looking for a key to the Mosler in the safe, to see if JW's fingerprints are on it (if it's kept there, and if he told them that's where the key was found). The affadavit does not say where JW found the key, nor does it say LE OPENED the Mosler to visibly inspect for cash/envelope, etc. I believe they said "visibly" to indicate they looked through the window.

Being quite familiar with the postal service professionally, I can tell you that mailboxes and their placement are defined in all USPS Postal Regulations in terms of placement, size, etc. Older neighborhoods would be "grandfathered" into what is required today in newer residential areas, which is why you see boxes at the curb or "banks" of boxes at a corner in a group. They most likely have door drops or boxes on the house for older areas like this. As far as the apparel postal workers wear today, I've had carriers show up in a Disney tank and Bermuda shorts......the whole idea of dress code? Gone.

Also, if you Google SS and get beyond this tragic news, you'll find that they used their home address for business and events. It is everywhere if you google it....before the murders. I know you can find anyone on the Internet, but it was never hard to find their addres......it was everywhere. Very easy with a name......he used his home address freely. I'm not rich, but having a husband in law enforcement, I use all those opt out options just to make it harder to track.

We live nearby in a home built in 1925, with a mail slot built-in about a foot off the ground next to our front door. So yes, delivering parcels that require signatures means a quick pow-wow at the door during which a bad guy could break in through another entry. However, we know our postal carrier; it's always him unless he is on a rare holiday. The theory PP offered is plausible but I suspect that the Woodland Drive route has a similarly consistent postal carrier, due to proximity. Yepitsme can confirm, I expect -- ?? On the other hand, the PP's theory is more likely possible if someone fakes being a UPS or similar delivery person - although the truck would be challenging to fake...but there are ways around it ("I parked around the corner").

We live nearby in a home built in 1925, with a mail slot built-in about a foot off the ground next to our front door. So yes, delivering parcels that require signatures means a quick pow-wow at the door during which a bad guy could break in through another entry. However, we know our postal carrier; it's always him unless he is on a rare holiday. The theory PP offered is plausible but I suspect that the Woodland Drive route has a similarly consistent postal carrier, due to proximity. Yepitsme can confirm, I expect -- ?? On the other hand, the PP's theory is more likely possible if someone fakes being a UPS or similar delivery person - although the truck would be challenging to fake...but there are ways around it ("I parked around the corner").

I don't live in Mass Ave Heights but I've never noticed that we have the same UPS delivery person all the time. I thought the idea was that DW broke in?

I don't live in Mass Ave Heights but I've never noticed that we have the same UPS delivery person all the time. I thought the idea was that DW broke in?

We have the same postal carrier all the time but the UPS/FedEx folks are never the same, so we never recognize them, so they would be easy to fake. The idea is still that DDW broke in, but OTPTarheel in Comment #686 on page 28 suggested that possibly the cover as he broke in was an accomplice posing at the front door as a postal/parcel delivery person needing a signature, or delivering a regular parcel that can't fit through the mail slot (OTPTarheel noticed the neighborhood has no mailboxes). During this brief distraction of dealing with the fake delivery person, DDW breaks in through the door at the side.

And then we're there to tackle him and kick his *advertiser censored** so that everyone can live and nothing bad happens. The End.

I wish we could wake up and that's what really happened. :(

Whatever publication you work for can nominate you for a Pulitzer, so being nominated for a Pulitzer is no big deal. Being a finalist is a big deal because then you have been picked by the judges. I think there are usually three finalists in each category. Sometimes, though, the judges decide no work that has been nominated was good enough to pass muster for a prize and nothing is picked for a category.

Thanks!

Vin passes a vin check as not stolen or missing. I think it's going to be an old Mosler registration card.
I believe the 1st 3 digits of the Vin are 1M9. According to wiki list of Vin codes, this is for the Mynatt Truck and Equipment company.

ETA I'm guessing a trailer to haul his karts around.

No but not sure what you're looking at in the SW. SW also states the red lined bag belonged to JW but it wasn't recovered. I've heard it was placed into the manila envelope. Don't think it's ever been recovered.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The G7.5 is the # on the inventory list of evidence.

We have the same postal carrier all the time but the UPS/FedEx folks are never the same, so we never recognize them, so they would be easy to fake. The idea is still that DDW broke in, but OTPTarheel in Comment #686 on page 28 suggested that possibly the cover as he broke in was an accomplice posing at the front door as a postal/parcel delivery person needing a signature, or delivering a regular parcel that can't fit through the mail slot (OTPTarheel noticed the neighborhood has no mailboxes). During this brief distraction of dealing with the fake delivery person, DDW breaks in through the door at the side.

And then we're there to tackle him and kick his *advertiser censored** so that everyone can live and nothing bad happens. The End.

I wish we could wake up and that's what really happened. :(

And I came home in 2012 to find a white van in my driveway. No markings. I freaked.
I texted my husband before I got out of car and gave him the vans license #. I had ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon and in the past it came UPS or Fed Ex.This delivery was made by LaserShip, which I believe Amazon owns now. And the driver was sketchy.
Now they have red and black MAGNETIC LS signs on the vans.
I still don't like them, and I let Amazon know.

I believe the 1st 3 digits of the Vin are 1M9. According to wiki list of Vin codes, this is for the Mynatt Truck and Equipment company.

ETA I'm guessing a trailer to haul his karts around.

Very possible, I'm unsure without carfax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1