DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;606845499749072896]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/606845499749072896[/video]
New: Unsealed search warrant affidavit says police found 2 knifes, 3 phones, I Pad, cash, money orders in car Daron Wint was arrested in.

Did we hear after the arrest that DW's girlfriend in New York had his cell phone and he had hers? Or something like that?

I wonder if the 3 cell phones are the stolen ones (pretty stupid move if so) or are the phones that were on the persons in the car with him at the time.

I am pretty sure that registration is for the Mosler. It makes sense that a 2004 vehicle would have MANY more miles...unless it is a very specialized car.

Why he has it is strange...it could indicate criminal activity or be something totally innocent.

This is more speculation on my part...but since we know that SS asked him to take it out as a "race car driver", he might have needed that registration for the track. I have absolutely no idea how any of that works.

Criminal intent or innocent. One or the other!

When the LE's were viewed in garage manipulating the safe, agents were upstairs going through papers? Looking for Mosler registration? This is getting heavy!

Wouldn't the current registration be kept in the car? Isn't it required to be kept in the car?

POST by Paulas88: The passport in W1's car has peeked my imagination... could there have been an offshore account that the violence and mayhem was really about? $40,000 ($20,000) isn't gonna get anyone far. There was a comment a few threads back that I've been thinking about? was it a coincidence that the LE left the garage door open so the media could film them handling the safe, while agents were upstairs searching/removing documents? Could this have all been to rattle someone? The leak about blood evidence being found on DW's shoe.... could that be to make "someone" nervous that DW is about to talk. IMO

Excellent post. If this was not a random attack, but rather spontaneous, unplanned--madman invades home in wealthy neighborhood to get some meth money and then goes crazy and tortures and kills everyone--then I also keep questioning going to the trouble of setting it all up for a 40 k, and if shared 20 k, payoff. Whoever ran the show thought there was more. Maybe more in the house, more in the bank, more with high resale value, and yeah, very smart brainstorm, maybe documents that would get more from off shore account, swiss banks. I would think the "master-mind" was naive, a guy or gal lacking a sense of the real world, carrying out a kind of fantasy of pulling off The Great Train Robbery, but close to "home." He saw this and that; he overheard something; he snooped around and saw huge dollar signs; but his plan got thwarted by logistics. Who knows--maybe he or she was going to fly somewhere with documents in briefcases etc. and then could barely eke out 40 k. for all the risk. He tortures the kid because this can't be--there is more! The clock ticks, the over-reaching "plan" has no basis in reality so it starts to unravel, sick and wild man in charge the whole thing goes up in flames. And I think letting media film forensics going on is no coincidence. Who among the players--or an as yet unnamed "link" to Savaas Savopoulos and company--has big dreams, Hollywood style, but lacks the practicality and sophistication to actually attain anything approaching them? JMO

If you click on the link at the bottom of the post labeled "Reply With Quote" the forum will quote the poster your are replying to. Just type in your response below theirs and click the "Submit" button. Just a friendly FYI

Did we hear after the arrest that DW's girlfriend in New York had his cell phone and he had hers? Or something like that?

I wonder if the 3 cell phones are the stolen ones (pretty stupid move if so) or are the phones that were on the persons in the car with him at the time.

RBBM

One or more could belong to others in Chevy.

In the photo at tweet below, one phone listed is an iPhone. Another is Verizon Samsung. Can't view any description about third phone.

Do see a black & pink bag listed. Perhaps, belongs to female passenger. Don't know

View photo here:

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 40m40 minutes ago Washington, DC

Search warrant return: cops recovered 2 knives, money orders, cash in #Wint's Chevy Cruze. #DCMansionMurders @wusa9

https://twitter.com/bruceleshan

Wouldn't the current registration be kept in the car? Isn't it required to be kept in the car?
A lot of people keep their registration on their person, ie, in their wallet. My dh used to... he thought it was a bad idea to keep it in the car in case it was stolen. Of course, that becomes unworkable when you have more than one person driving the car.

The kindest explanation I can come up with having that registration in his backpack was that when he was in that car, he stole it as a momento not thinking SS would notice...if there's a newer valid registration. I think it was recent - as in that day - because if his boss had given it to him previously, he would have taken it out of his backpack so it wouldn't get damaged as you'd want something like that as nice as possible rather than getting bent or torn.

WOW!!!! Maybe, the intent was to get the mosler out of the country, change the VIN and fence it, afterall...I must admit, I wasn't on the car theft ring bandwagon but.........................hummmmmm...............JW had an expired reg to the most valuable car in the fleet of S's cars

When the LE's were viewed in garage manipulating the safe, agents were upstairs going through papers? Looking for Mosler registration? This is getting heavy!

Was a registration found in JW's car? (I think I missed something!)

I am pretty sure that registration is for the Mosler. It makes sense that a 2004 vehicle would have MANY more miles...unless it is a very specialized car.

Why he has it is strange...it could indicate criminal activity or be something totally innocent.

This is more speculation on my part...but since we know that SS asked him to take it out as a "race car driver", he might have needed that registration for the track. I have absolutely no idea how any of that works.

Criminal intent or innocent. One or the other!

I'm going with innocent until proven wrong. I tend to see him as the average rabid, fire breathing race car enthusiast who might hold it as a souvenir of the day he drove a mosler.

Maybe the current is in the Mosler(?) IDK... Passport-expired Mosler registration-Amerit
truck....

I'm going with innocent until proven wrong. I tend to see him as the average rabid, fire breathing race car enthusiast who might hold it as a souvenir of the day he drove a mosler.

I concur!!!

I looked up the VIN given earlier on a database I have access to and the 2004 Mosler is registered to Sigma Investment Enterprises in Hyattsville. That is one of SS's companies. The 2011 registration expired in 11/2013. According to the database, the registration was not renewed prior to expiration.

I looked up the VIN given earlier on a database I have access to and the 2004 Mosler is registered to Sigma Investment Enterprises in Hyattsville. That is one of SS's companies. The 2011 registration expired in 11/2013. According to the database, the registration was not renewed prior to expiration.

So there is no current registration on the Mosler? That seems a bit strange...

Gtg to work...always at the worst possible time. But this case is so incredibly disheartening.... It makes it really hard to have faith in the future and in humanity in general. I really try not to focus on the details of how the victim's died because it's the only way I can look at evidence and try to find links to possible key players and motives, etc...But all of this info coming out is just making me so incredibly angry and sickened by the greed attached to these players. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay