DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure that registration is for the Mosler. It makes sense that a 2004 vehicle would have MANY more miles...unless it is a very specialized car.

Why he has it is strange...it could indicate criminal activity or be something totally innocent.

This is more speculation on my part...but since we know that SS asked him to take it out as a "race car driver", he might have needed that registration for the track. I have absolutely no idea how any of that works.

Criminal intent or innocent. One or the other!

Having the expired reg in his own car or backpack is very odd. There could be some wild, legitimate excuse as to why he would have it, but in the context of the situation--the Mosler playing a key role in a quadruple homicide case in which he is being investigated--along with his lying about the car, yikes, that would be yet another a very unfortunate coincidence for him. Really, really, really bad luck.

If the Mosler really was the motivation behind all of this, where did they go wrong? Was the key in a timed safe and they couldn't get to it? That doesn't really make sense though if the money was left in the Mosler. Did they really think they could go back to the house after a fire like that and just get the car? Where does the $40K come in to play- did they just want money on top of the car? Wouldn't SS just give them the car if they asked for it? I don't understand how any of this all comes together... the more details that come out, the less I know. It seemed targeted at first, then maybe more random, then forced entry, and now JW is in the hot seat again. Hopefully more information will start to make this clearer to me at some point!

/rambling speculation over.

Gtg to work...always at the worst possible time. But this case is so incredibly disheartening.... It makes it really hard to have faith in the future and in humanity in general. I really try not to focus on the details of how the victim's died because it's the only way I can look at evidence and try to find links to possible key players and motives, etc...But all of this info coming out is just making me so incredibly angry and sickened by the greed attached to these players. :(

I agree. I have never been so affected by something has nothing at all to do with me. So sickening.

If the Mosler really was the motivation behind all of this, where did they go wrong? Was the key in a timed safe and they couldn't get to it? That doesn't really make sense though if the money was left in the Mosler. Did they really think they could go back to the house after a fire like that and just get the car? Where does the $40K come in to play- did they just want money on top of the car? Wouldn't SS just give them the car if they asked for it? I don't understand how any of this all comes together... the more details that come out, the less I know. It seemed targeted at first, then maybe more random, then forced entry, and now JW is in the hot seat again. Hopefully more information will start to make this clearer to me at some point!

Plus they had all night to take the cars away, but the only one missing was the Porsche which was burned almost immediately. Doesn't make sense that the cars were the motivation.

The police in an investigation are NOT your friends. Do not ever talk to the police. I would not, and I wish more innocent people would follow this advice. Even my LE officer friends tell friends not to submit to questioning under any circumstance. Here is a video explaining why people who know, do not talk to the police.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Totally agree! It's not the best example but I remember seeing the videos of George Zimmerman talking extensively to the police, who then turned it around and used his words against him in court.

My SO is ex-law enforcement and even he says do NOT talk to the police - they can and do use your own *helpful* words against you when it serves their purposes.

I agree. I have never been so affected by something has nothing at all to do with me. So sickening.

I agree. The Petit case affected me greatly as well - but this case has so many different layers of pure evil. And so many unanswered questions!

His DNA was already in the National database due to his previous criminal behavior. So, that is was made it so efficient. All LE had to do was extract DNA from the half eaten pizza, at the bite mark, run it for a profile and submit it into the national database in hopes of a hit. Anyone who has not been arrested and charged with a felony is likely not in the database, yet.

That's not why the DNA came back so quickly. I was referring to the "process".

Plus they had all night to take the cars away, but the only one missing was the Porsche which was burned almost immediately. Doesn't make sense that the cars were the motivation.

Adding on to that...

if anyone thinks that if they were asking for the cars, that SS wouldn't have handed the keys over to everything they own, gift wrapped in solid gold if he could - I have a few bridges for sale!!!

I'm starting to wonder if Plan A was the Mosler, and they switched to Plan B -- cash. Although none of it really makes sense. JMO.

Maybe SS was planning to take it to Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands?

I agree it's odd to have a car enthusiast's car and leave unregistered for over a year, taking up precious real estate in the garage. I would think if he just couldn't part with it but didn't intend to drive it, he might have had it stored off-site someplace. I also wonder why JW was driving it with an expired registration (recall the picture of it in the parking lot that he put on SM).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going with innocent until proven wrong. I tend to see him as the average rabid, fire breathing race car enthusiast who might hold it as a souvenir of the day he drove a mosler.

However, if this was the only registration rather than just being an older extra one, I think it would point to darker motives. Stealing the most recent car doc if not the only car vehicle registration doc I can't see being done as a souvenir as that's something SS would notice.

I'm starting to wonder if Plan A was the Mosler, and they switched to Plan B -- cash. Although none of it really makes sense. JMO.

Or maybe there were parallel plans? Cash for DW and a car for JW? And for whatever reason getting the car was impossible and getting the cash was a lot harder than either anticipated?

Though I've started to lean more toward DW acting alone, I still have questions. How and Why did the S family become targets of DW? Why now? Why did DW inflict torture on the S family and VF? Why did DW literally slaughter the S family and VF? Why such depraved brutality sustained over lengthy time, 19+ hours or more? Why did DW inflict the most vicious attack on PS? What was this crime all about? Was it just money or was there something else involved? Did LE do any drug testing on DW? These are some of the questions I have, and I'm sure I'll have more. This crime is one of the worst I've read about/followed, and I've been following true crime cases for many years. I cannot comprehend how anyone could do what DW did to the S family and VF, especially as the crime went on for 19+ hours. I hope LE is getting the answers to these questions, and I hope we learn what they are.

The questions you wrote about spoke to so much that is playing over and over in my head. While reading your post the Manson Murders came to mind for the first time since I first heard of this unspeakable crime . If you know some of the details of what Manson's goons perpetrated you may have already thought of it, too. Putting together the "WHYS" of that almost beyond belief murder spree produced a story that was "stranger that fiction".
I wonder if the murdering torturer will reveal the WHYS of this one. He may not even know himself.

(have been wanting to say that I wish the murders were not constantly referred to as "the mansion murders" in msm...jmo...I do not live in a "manstion" nor am I wealthy by the way)

What could have been wrong is putting a murderous psychopath in charge of the house. JW could have been in on this, but not for what DW ended up doing and could have been genuinely shocked and saddened by their deaths. I think many things went wrong and that if JW was involved, it wasn't necessarily for arson, torture and murder (but he'd still be just as liable for Felony Murder for what he may have signed up for).

However, if this was the only registration rather than just being an older extra one, I think it would point to darker motives. Stealing the most recent car doc if not the only car vehicle registration doc I can't see being done as a souvenir as that's something SS would notice.

How would he know? Even I thought there would be a current registration.

What could have been wrong is putting a murderous psychopath in charge of the house. JW could have been in on this, but not for what DW ended up doing and could have been genuinely shocked and saddened by their deaths. I think many things went wrong and that if JW was involved, it wasn't necessarily for arson, torture and murder (but he'd still be just as liable for Felony Murder for what he may have signed up for).

Maybe that is why he ended up going back toward the house -- to try to put a stop to what he had helped put in motion. He may have thought he could help get them out and at least nobody would die.

I am pretty sure that registration is for the Mosler. It makes sense that a 2004 vehicle would have MANY more miles...unless it is a very specialized car.

Why he has it is strange...it could indicate criminal activity or be something totally innocent.

This is more speculation on my part...but since we know that SS asked him to take it out as a "race car driver", he might have needed that registration for the track. I have absolutely no idea how any of that works.

Criminal intent or innocent. One or the other!
This is interesting. I did not know that SS was going to have JW race the Mosler. Is it known where he was going to race it? When? Possibly out of country? JW having all that in his vehicle would make sense if he was getting ready to register for the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024