DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So...this is our explanation of why they were not held/arrested? I think to most of us, anyone not knowing about the manhunt for DDW is incredulous!!! But my friend, 31 years old with 3 children, has literally ZERO idea of any news. It boggles my mind every time I talk to her.
Well, they knew SOMETHING was up! What are they meeting up for--to party in a box truck with their old buddy who just got paid in 20,000 dollars cash for a welding job? Oh, and he needs money orders so they have to get those because, what, he's having a bad hair day?

Fox News, Ron Wheeler:

Why Assistant being looked at?

1. JW never went to LE to tell he did drop off; LE had to go & get him to question him about drop off

2. Initially had said he dropped off $ on the porch

Did I understand the second point correctly??

I don't listen much when he speaks. When ret homicide Det Ted Williams talks, I give much more weight to his thoughts and opinion on things. jmo

I don't listen much when he speaks. When ret homicide Det Ted Williams talks, I give much more weight to his thoughts and opinion on things. jmo

Re Wheeler: may have source that told him that JW did not approach LE with the info that he did the drop off

That surprises me

Re Wheeler: may have source that told him that JW did not approach LE with the info that he did the drop off

That surprises me

He might. Who knows. As soon as that info came out about the drop being at the front door in changed to pizza so who knows.

My guess is that the family wants privacy as they pack up the house.

If there was any packing done I think it would be by a hired moving company. I doubt the two girls or other family members would do that themselves or want to.

I doubt LE has released the crime scene yet and wants to ensure no one enters the house, that is the reason for the fence IMO.

He might. Who knows. As soon as that info came out about the drop being at the front door in changed to pizza so who knows.

Thanks! I never made that connection.

And I still think that if his original story was that he dropped it on the porch, it would have been in the SW.

Regarding the fence around the house:

It is my opinion that the house and property have been released back to the family or the trustee and it is they who are having a fence installed.

In other words, it is no longer a crime scene being held by police. They brought the cars back, there was one last run through by detectives, and investigators for the defense did a run through. That part is over, imo.

In addition to the fence, they may hire a security guard until they decide what to do next. All just my opinion.

I'm a few pages behind and this may have been addressed but this is a really good point. My mother just bought a 2015 lexus and she gave me a spare key just in case she ever loses hers. So my kid left his iPad in her car last week and I was home during the day, so I rode past her house to look for the iPad. After Ididn't find it in the house, my son says he think he left it in Grandmas truck. I unlocked her door and walla, the iPad was in the backseat. 10 seconds later, my mom calls my phone saying she got an alert that her car was unlocked. I thought that was pretty interesting. I wonder if the Mosler had anything like that.

Well, I'd think with 700 k worth of car, it would be secured whether wired and monitored or unlocking it is recorded each time. But then why did JW lie about it being locked if he knew his lie would be so transparent? I would think as a high-end car freak he'd know about the Mosler's security.

I also think "they" (whomever) wanted that car and had some plan about getting it. Span Inquis. had a wonderful theory. but however they thought they could make that work, I do think the car could have been the big lure, the cash a bonus, and that something went awry with car-heist.

Now if I could connect these two dots--JW lying about having to unlock it and the putative plan to steal it. Of course, and let me be transparent, I am trying to connect in a way that connects JW (theoretically speaking) to the crime.

Question: How often was the Mosler driven? IIRC, JW did "test drive" it??
Question: What are the possibilities that "they" (whomever) had a buyer for the car or a fence? Who would buy a hot high-ender like a Mosley, which as folks here say is like museum-quality art, say a signed lithograph. I remember a guy stealing some Picassos (not the famous ones, but collectible) from a gallery. He had a whole racket going, which he'd had success in. Do people unload hot hundreds of thousands of dollars worth items on someone who knows someone who wants to savor them in the privacy of her home, like a rich ROC boss? Is there some network overseas?

I have always thought this was about cars.

I agree it's odd to have a car enthusiast's car and leave unregistered for over a year, taking up precious real estate in the garage. I would think if he just couldn't part with it but didn't intend to drive it, he might have had it stored off-site someplace. I also wonder why JW was driving it with an expired registration (recall the picture of it in the parking lot that he put on SM).
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We know SS was wealthy but he was also an accomplished business man and a savvy car/racing enthusiast. If the vehicle wasn't being driven or utilized, perhaps allowing the registration to lapse made economic sense especially if in Maryland as in many states one requires a registered vehicle to hold valid insurance. I cannot imagine what it costs to insure a Mosler. It actually surprises me that just as people who own horses whether to ride or race, don't board them at their home (aside from the obvious needs of horses-don't yell at me it's only my attempt at an analogy), why there wasn't designated garage space somewhere off site for the Mosler vehicle.

I simply can't imagine anyone easily selling a "hot" Mosler seems it would be a very niche market even for parts.
Also, JW likely retained the expired registration as others here have opined, as a souvenir. Many of us hold receipts, tickets to concerts, Broadway shows, graduations etc. as mementoes.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-final-days-of-mosler-one-supercar-left-to-move-company-for-sale/

In 26 years, Mosler sold fewer than 200 cars and now is down to two employees and one remaining car at his southern Florida headquarters. He hasn’t sold a car for the past two years.]

IMO, we don't know how up to date the database Litig8ter used is. Savopoulos does not strike me as one to try to skirt registering a car. The cost savings would probably be even less than a drop in the bucket.

And, in my state, not just anyone can obtain the information about a license plate and who it is registered to, so its a little disconcerting to me that a database exists that can be accessed by just about anyone.

LE may know where they are at. LE may have released the others caught with DW to see who goes to the stash of stolen items/cars that could have been put at an off-site location (hence the use of the box truck to work on cars and/or transport stolen merchandise). I do think there is off-site storage of things stolen, whether or not that includes cars I don't know.

Darn, Span! On the ball again! I know that box truck figures in and wasn't just used to transport some cash. your explanation knits the plot together.
Where, where, I have wondered, would "they" have to stash some big ticket items, as big as a car? Jewelry? Other "stuff?" Interesting that the SW, at least the lists we have seen, have no mention on particular items LE suspects could have been stolen.

That box truck made them stick out like a sore thumb. There's a reason for it. Cars again. It's all about cars.

Just to add more details, I looked for other vehicles that are currently registered in MD or DC. In MD, Sigma Investment Enterprises also has the 2008 Bentley registered, and AIW has a 2104 Land Rover Range registered (it has a number of pickups and other trucks as well that likely are pure business vehicles). In Dc, Amy S had current registrations for a 2014 Hyundai Equus, a 2012 Land Rover LR4 and a 2008 Porche 911. Savvo S has no vehicles registered in DC.

Could not find an Audi under any of these name.

maybe SS had given him the old registration and asked him to go register the car. Seems like something you might have your driver do for you.

Darn, Span! On the ball again! I know that box truck figures in and wasn't just used to transport some cash. your explanation knits the plot together.
Where, where, I have wondered, would "they" have to stash some big ticket items, as big as a car? Jewelry? Other "stuff?" Interesting that the SW, at least the lists we have seen, have no mention on particular items LE suspects could have been stolen.

That box truck made them stick out like a sore thumb. There's a reason for it. Cars again. It's all about cars.

OK I had to :lol: because he is a Washington Nationals player and at first I thought :what: why is she talking about baseball? lol

The Mosler might look sharp going around a race track at 60 MPH but when it comes to high speeds, this car will never race. It could race but only at your expense, insurance would not cover it. Just look at NASCAR races, insurance companies would be mad to insure those cars against collision. Lawyers would have a field day.

#2 I'm wondering where the keys were kept for the cars? Would DW had to go inside the house to get a key to unlock the car? Maybe when he realized this he changed his story because it might implicate him.

Course I'm just hanging it out here because I don't know where the keys were kept for the cars.

Warning: Speculating

did they say he put the money in the mosler or did they say he put the money in the red car. wasn't the audi red also. How do we know which car he put it in?

Edit to add. did they tow the mosler. If they didn't tow the mosler than I would say that it had nothing to do with any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper