DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely the stolen registration would serve as a template for a phony reg. to be made up on another car, perhaps already stashed, or could be doctored to sell Mosler to a black market dealer. Another option, ship it in parts to a buyer (West Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe above price they get here). Organized crime runs luxury car theft rings. How hard for JW to run across some flasher at the track or online? Lots of forums where contacts can be made.

That SS and AS owned a fleet of high-end luxury cars, and JW was a car guy, is no coincidence JMO.

JMO lying about Mosler being locked figures. Maybe JW thought the first story that it was locked and he had to unlock it was a good answer, but then decided "locked" was "wrong," so switched story to car unlocked.
Were investigators pressing him for how he would have access to the key? No, no, I didn't. Not at all interested in it so how would I know where key is?
He starts to think someone told them Mr. Savopoulos kept Mosler locked and never let anyone except family know where keys kept. He's thinking they think he got the key from DW who got it off of its owner. If so, why would DW not kill him so as to be sure he didn't run to police?

He starts thinking his having access to the key will lead them to think he could make off with the Mosler.
He hears the Tell Tale Heart beating. Ironically, interrogators might not actually know anything about the Mosler security drill, locked or unlocked, JW given access to key or not.

He kept lying to cover the big lie, that he was part of a scheme to get money and steal cars.

Thinking he heard a tell-tale heart and that everyone else could hear it too is what made investigators look for a body under the floorboards. JMO they have found some of the parts.

I love reading your posts! Cleaver

Yes but I think SS probably kept the title in a safe and JW wanted to get a duplicate.
well, mybelle- anything is possible. just clarifying that in MD you get the title, but if. duplicate were needed than rfk covered that nicely.

Takes a notarized and sign statement by the owner in person to do that. Expired registration would be of no help. Homeland Security has caused DMVs to crack down significantly on ID requirements to transfer vehicles. This dog doesn't hunt. Good idea, though.

You can apply for a duplicate title online in Maryland. As SS' assistant, with the information contained in the registration, JW would have all the information needed to apply for the duplicate title. All he would need to do is intercept it in the mail. Any chance someone got to the mail before he did, which raised some questions about who applied for the new title and why?

You can apply for a duplicate title online in Maryland. As SS' assistant, with the information contained in the registration, JW would have all the information needed to apply for the duplicate title. All he would need to do is intercept it in the mail. Any chance someone got to the mail before he did, which raised some questions about who applied for the new title and why?

Florida plate: #8 of 13 images

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29222382/police-examine-large-safe-savopoulos-home

Likely the stolen registration would serve as a template for a phony reg. to be made up on another car, perhaps already stashed, or could be doctored to sell Mosler to a black market dealer. Another option, ship it in parts to a buyer (West Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe above price they get here). Organized crime runs luxury car theft rings. How hard for JW to run across some flasher at the track or online? Lots of forums where contacts can be made.

That SS and AS owned a fleet of high-end luxury cars, and JW was a car guy, is no coincidence JMO.

JMO lying about Mosler being locked figures. Maybe JW thought the first story that it was locked and he had to unlock it was a good answer, but then decided "locked" was "wrong," so switched story to car unlocked.
Were investigators pressing him for how he would have access to the key? No, no, I didn't. Not at all interested in it so how would I know where key is?
He starts to think someone told them Mr. Savopoulos kept Mosler locked and never let anyone except family know where keys kept. He's thinking they think he got the key from DW who got it off of its owner. If so, why would DW not kill him so as to be sure he didn't run to police?

He starts thinking his having access to the key will lead them to think he could make off with the Mosler.
He hears the Tell Tale Heart beating. Ironically, interrogators might not actually know anything about the Mosler security drill, locked or unlocked, JW given access to key or not.

He kept lying to cover the big lie, that he was part of a scheme to get money and steal cars.

Thinking he heard a tell-tale heart and that everyone else could hear it too is what made investigators look for a body under the floorboards. JMO they have found some of the parts.

But...it seems that the killer had 18 hours to take cars and took one, which he torched and is seen running away from on camera. IMO, if the killer demanded a car or every car, SS would have immediately signed over every title ten minutes after (6pm) returning home and seeing a knife to his sons throat and wife and housekeeper bound with duct tape. With titles in hand, DW waits until dark, and he and his accomplices begin driving the Audi, Bentley, Porsche etc away during the middle of the night.

Instead.....there's a message from SS prepping his driver to be ready to pick up money. Pizza is ordered. The killer stays overnight with his hostages. The next morning accountants and bankers and AIW execs are called. Money, not cars, IMO is the motive for this crime.

Yes but I think SS probably kept the title in a safe and JW wanted to get a duplicate.

Is it a coincidence that LE was at the home last week manipulating the safe, while agents
upstairs were collecting papers/documents, the media was filming the LE's until they
closed the garage. Was the key in there? Or were they looking for the title? Surely SS would have gotten the key for DW.

Add to that he has the Mosler's registration in his backpack. You can see why he would be nervous. He should be.

I live in MD- you get the title of the car upon purchase of the vehicle. No need to use registration to obtain. Just an FYI

Yes, but to sell a car, you need to have the title to sign it over to the new owner.

But a duplicate title would read Savvas Savopolous, just like the original...not Jordan Wallace, right?
JMO

the DMV is not going to change the name on or issue a new title just from look at an expired registration card.

Thinking he just got to packing his bag weeks ahead of time and put it in his car to be prepared, assuming he was going to park his car at the airport for his whole trip? That can get really expensive! Or meaning, he had to give passport info to someone re the race (registration, etc.) so he kept it handy in his backpack? The latter would make sense to me.

But first you need the money to register for the race, a car to race, travel expenses, crew, etc...

A person would also have to intercept the US Mail DMV sends with your PIN #, when setting up your online acct, before you can even request a title online.

Do 10 year olds have cell phones? I know they probably want one but do parents give in to that?

My 9 year old boy doesn't have one, nor do most of his classmates. Only 3 of his classmates have them...out of 25. I won't let him. It's too young to know how to maturely use it, imo

Back in the 90's I believe Alabama was the state where you could send almost anything that looked official and for a fee you would receive a shiny new Alabama Title.

Very handy for getting bogus titles.

This has probably all changed by now.

SS was probably with him... IDK, this registration being in WJ's backpack is soo crazy IMO, other posts suggest that JW was getting the registration renewed for SS, others... he was planning theft, what's everybody opinion?

IDK
I think that he had the expired registration because SS did not keep the new registration in the car. It was for the times that he might of driven SS somewhere in the vehicle then went to do errands. SS gave him the expired one to show some link to the car in case he was ever pulled over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee