DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, most ten year olds have cell phones. Especially if they have older siblings and are of a well to do family. My youngest, who is PS's age, has a cell phone that he does not take to school. But he has one.

Totally disagree. We are well off and most kids in my son's class do not have cell phones. My son doesn't have one and he has a teenage sister.

Is it a coincidence that LE was at the home last week manipulating the safe, while agents
upstairs were collecting papers/documents, the media was filming the LE's until they
closed the garage. Was the key in there? Or were they looking for the title? Surely SS would have gotten the key for DW.

I agree, if it was in there. But what if he kept it at the AIW office, in a safe deposit box or at his dad's house? Any number of places he could have kept the key other than the house since it seems like it was only driven rarely/occasionally. Not exactly the car I'd take to the grocery store, and it was blocked in by another car in the driveway, which leads me to believe it didn't get a lot of use. Last time the mileage was registered, it had 6,222 miles - on a 2004.

What an absolutely horrible thing to say, tell us more about that. She was a victim here. Elley Mae, what do you mean?

I hope Elley Mae doesn't mind me jumping in with my observation.

I understood it immediately to be a throwaway comment in response to someone else repeatedly posting that VF's death was the fault/result of SS household and that her family should be compensated financially by the estate (surviving children and parents) of SS voluntarily, and if not, VF's family should sue.

Elley Mae has always been a very nice WSer sharing excellent insight and her thoughts here and in no way did I perceive this to be anything but sarcasm and I agree with her.

She was not the only one who was fed up with that line of discussion here.

Not sure where you got this info, but I'm finding it VERY hard to believe PS had a fb account. Perhaps you are confusing SS & PS checking in? As someone who was good friends with AS & I was also/still am her fb friend. PS was NEVER tagged in any of her posts (but other family members were). Please note I am talking about her private posts which only friends of AS's can see, not the public. Moreover, I know of ZERO classmates of PS who have FB accounts. Also, please know AS & SS were probably the MOST protective parents in the class in already very protective community of parents... case in point, last fall a classmate (whose parents knew AS & PS very well) had his birthday party at their house on the Eastern Shore (of Md)... just a handful of boys were invited and stayed over the weekend with the family, AS & SS did not let PS go for the sleepover part but instead accompanied PS for the day on the eastern shore. They were extremely careful about who he spent time with and what he was exposed to. Again I state that perhaps you were thinking of SS not PS for checking in.

Finally, as I stated earlier, as a longtime parent of a child who was in PS's class for many years, I can also say with certainty that nearly all of PS's classmates do NOT have cell phones. (Interestingly, most 5th graders at PS school do have cell phones, but only 1 or 2 4th graders).

PS did have a facebook account. He was "friends" with his mom, his sister, his grandfather and his racing coach, amongst others. Lots of race car drivers. :)

Not challenging this at all! Just wondering if you mean claim AGAINST hospital for remuneration for trying to save her life and failing to or some other circumstance? Maybe you meant a claim for the hospital bill which might have been incurred.

Well, let's not forget, the "inheritance" is probably going to their surviving "children". Sorry, but just because someone has worked for or inherited "millions" doesn't entitle someone else to it. That always ashtonishes me that some people feel so entitled to someone else's money simply because they are wealthy. JMO

SS was probably with him... IDK, this registration being in WJ's backpack is soo crazy IMO, other posts suggest that JW was getting the registration renewed for SS, others... he was planning theft, what's everybody opinion?

IDK

Thank you. If he dropped the money off, knew the family was dead, could he
have taken it then? Or was this a plan that went wrong somehow. I don't think he realized LE would be taking his car that evening. Is WJ the type of person to
carry his passport with him? Or was he prepared in case a problem arose?

So why does the garage picture show a Florida plate?

If I recall correctly, JW had entered to participate in a race in Italy sometime this summer? That could be the reason for the passport.

Also, my guess is that SS would have had a detailed list of valuable jewelry, possibly kept in the safe. And jewelry might have also been included in a home insurance policy.

Just my two cents.

Likely the stolen registration would serve as a template for a phony reg. to be made up on another car, perhaps already stashed, or could be doctored to sell Mosler to a black market dealer. Another option, ship it in parts to a buyer (West Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe above price they get here). Organized crime runs luxury car theft rings. How hard for JW to run across some flasher at the track or online? Lots of forums where contacts can be made.

That SS and AS owned a fleet of high-end luxury cars, and JW was a car guy, is no coincidence JMO.

JMO lying about Mosler being locked figures. Maybe JW thought the first story that it was locked and he had to unlock it was a good answer, but then decided "locked" was "wrong," so switched story to car unlocked.
Were investigators pressing him for how he would have access to the key? No, no, I didn't. Not at all interested in it so how would I know where key is?
He starts to think someone told them Mr. Savopoulos kept Mosler locked and never let anyone except family know where keys kept. He's thinking they think he got the key from DW who got it off of its owner. If so, why would DW not kill him so as to be sure he didn't run to police?

He starts thinking his having access to the key will lead them to think he could make off with the Mosler.
He hears the Tell Tale Heart beating. Ironically, interrogators might not actually know anything about the Mosler security drill, locked or unlocked, JW given access to key or not.

He kept lying to cover the big lie, that he was part of a scheme to get money and steal cars.

Thinking he heard a tell-tale heart and that everyone else could hear it too is what made investigators look for a body under the floorboards. JMO they have found some of the parts.

But first you need the money to register for the race, a car to race, travel expenses, crew, etc...

I think that he had the expired registration because SS did not keep the new registration in the car. It was for the times that he might of driven SS somewhere in the vehicle then went to do errands. SS gave him the expired one to show some link to the car in case he was ever pulled over.

Are you suggesting that SS wanted his assistant to drive him around in the Mosler and then do errands in it after? But he didn't want to do what's legal--keep the current reg in the car--so instead, he gave JW an expired copy to keep on his person (or backpack)? I can't imagine that from a guy of his reputation because it seems silly on so many levels. But....

Thank you so much! But, I don't think that is a Florida plate. I think that is a vanity plate, an organizational plate or a decorative non-road plate. I'm trying to find out...

That's a Florida plate. The Vanity plates in MD, DC and VA do not look like that. IMO IMO

Thank you so much! But, I don't think that is a Florida plate. I think that is a vanity plate, an organizational plate or a decorative non-road plate. I'm trying to find out...
Earlier today I took my laptop out to the driveway to compare this picture to my Florida tag. I have no doubt it is a Florida tag. The best give away is the little M seen above the larger letters. It is the beginning of MyFlorida.com.
Hopefully this link will work. It is a picture of sample plates.
http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/tagbrochure.pdf

You all are stuck with me tonight... sinus infection has me down. So I will be on my laptop all night. *evil laugh*

But a duplicate title would read Savvas Savopolous, just like the original...not Jordan Wallace, right?
JMO

Yes, but once he has the title, he could sign it as SS over to whoever... it would be legitimate enough for anyone willing to buy a Mosler from a 28 year-old or a car-theft ring.

I think that he had the expired registration because SS did not keep the new registration in the car. It was for the times that he might of driven SS somewhere in the vehicle then went to do errands. SS gave him the expired one to show some link to the car in case he was ever pulled over.
Then wouldn't he have the titles of all the cars?

Earlier today I took my laptop out to the driveway to compare this picture to my Florida tag. I have no doubt it is a Florida tag. The best give away is the little M seen above the larger letters. It is the beginning of MyFlorida.com.
Hopefully this link will work. It is a picture of sample plates.
http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/tagbrochure.pdf

Can you show us a photo of your tag so we can compare and be sure? haha just kidding

If that was the intent then my apologies, but again she is a victim and I want to respect that, sarcasm or not.
I hope Elley Mae doesn't mind me jumping in with my observation.

I understood it immediately to be a throwaway comment in response to someone else repeatedly posting that VF's death was the fault/result of SS household and that her family should be compensated financially by the estate (surviving children and parents) of SS voluntarily, and if not, VF's family should sue.

Elley Mae has always been a very nice WSer sharing excellent insight and her thoughts here and in no way did I perceive this to be anything but sarcasm and I agree with her.

She was not the only one who was fed up with that line of discussion here.

A person would also have to intercept the US Mail DMV sends with your PIN #, when setting up your online acct, before you can even request a title online.

I am assuming SS already had an online DMV account that he would use when renewing registration. That info easily could have been in the glove compartment with the most recent registration. Or if, as others have suggested, SS asked JW to renew the registration online, he would have given JW the username and password needed. (I personally can't imagine that SS would give him that info, but maybe...) I live in DC and we don't have to wait for a PIN number via mail. Is that definitely the case in Maryland?

Are you suggesting that SS wanted his assistant to drive him around in the Mosler and then do errands in it after? But he didn't want to do what's legal--keep the current reg in the car--so instead, he gave JW an expired copy to keep on his person (or backpack)? I can't imagine that from a guy of his reputation because it seems silly on so many levels. But....

No I am not suggesting that the car was being driven around unregistered. I believe there is a new registration for it. I just don't think it was kept in the car.
We don't know why it was there. I do agree it is questionable, but I also believe there can be a legitimate reason for it being there.

Plus, WJ had only been working for SS for 6 weeks.... I've been reading a lot of posts
with soo many this/that to how it was found in his backpack with his passport. Also,
His car was towed on the 14th the search of the car was on the 21st, the week after that, LE's were back at the house, searching the safe in garage...while agents were going through upstairs office. Hmmm, I'm sure the LE's were blown away. It could be something innocent, but add it to all the other lies?

That's a good question. I think you meant registration, because that is what was found. I don't know, if others may be in their glove boxes. I just feel because of it's worth it might be treated differently. You made a good point, and have me rethinking.

Not sure where you got this info, but I'm finding it VERY hard to believe PS had a fb account. Perhaps you are confusing SS & PS checking in? As someone who was good friends with AS & I was also/still am her fb friend. PS was NEVER tagged in any of her posts (but other family members were). Please note I am talking about her private posts which only friends of AS's can see, not the public. Moreover, I know of ZERO classmates of PS who have FB accounts. Also, please know AS & SS were probably the MOST protective parents in the class in already very protective community of parents... case in point, last fall a classmate (whose parents knew AS & PS very well) had his birthday party at their house on the Eastern Shore (of Md)... just a handful of boys were invited and stayed over the weekend with the family, AS & SS did not let PS go for the sleepover part but instead accompanied PS for the day on the eastern shore. They were extremely careful about who he spent time with and what he was exposed to. Again I state that perhaps you were thinking of SS not PS for checking in.

Finally, as I stated earlier, as a longtime parent of a child who was in PS's class for many years, I can also say with certainty that nearly all of PS's classmates do NOT have cell phones. (Interestingly, most 5th graders at PS school do have cell phones, but only 1 or 2 4th graders).

PS did have a facebook account. He was "friends" with his mom, his sister, his grandfather and his racing coach, amongst others. Lots of race car drivers. :)

Not challenging this at all! Just wondering if you mean claim AGAINST hospital for remuneration for trying to save her life and failing to or some other circumstance? Maybe you meant a claim for the hospital bill which might have been incurred.

Well, let's not forget, the "inheritance" is probably going to their surviving "children". Sorry, but just because someone has worked for or inherited "millions" doesn't entitle someone else to it. That always ashtonishes me that some people feel so entitled to someone else's money simply because they are wealthy. JMO

SS was probably with him... IDK, this registration being in WJ's backpack is soo crazy IMO, other posts suggest that JW was getting the registration renewed for SS, others... he was planning theft, what's everybody opinion?

IDK

Thank you. If he dropped the money off, knew the family was dead, could he
have taken it then? Or was this a plan that went wrong somehow. I don't think he realized LE would be taking his car that evening. Is WJ the type of person to
carry his passport with him? Or was he prepared in case a problem arose?

So why does the garage picture show a Florida plate?

If I recall correctly, JW had entered to participate in a race in Italy sometime this summer? That could be the reason for the passport.

Also, my guess is that SS would have had a detailed list of valuable jewelry, possibly kept in the safe. And jewelry might have also been included in a home insurance policy.

Just my two cents.

Likely the stolen registration would serve as a template for a phony reg. to be made up on another car, perhaps already stashed, or could be doctored to sell Mosler to a black market dealer. Another option, ship it in parts to a buyer (West Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe above price they get here). Organized crime runs luxury car theft rings. How hard for JW to run across some flasher at the track or online? Lots of forums where contacts can be made.

That SS and AS owned a fleet of high-end luxury cars, and JW was a car guy, is no coincidence JMO.

JMO lying about Mosler being locked figures. Maybe JW thought the first story that it was locked and he had to unlock it was a good answer, but then decided "locked" was "wrong," so switched story to car unlocked.
Were investigators pressing him for how he would have access to the key? No, no, I didn't. Not at all interested in it so how would I know where key is?
He starts to think someone told them Mr. Savopoulos kept Mosler locked and never let anyone except family know where keys kept. He's thinking they think he got the key from DW who got it off of its owner. If so, why would DW not kill him so as to be sure he didn't run to police?

He starts thinking his having access to the key will lead them to think he could make off with the Mosler.
He hears the Tell Tale Heart beating. Ironically, interrogators might not actually know anything about the Mosler security drill, locked or unlocked, JW given access to key or not.

He kept lying to cover the big lie, that he was part of a scheme to get money and steal cars.

Thinking he heard a tell-tale heart and that everyone else could hear it too is what made investigators look for a body under the floorboards. JMO they have found some of the parts.

But first you need the money to register for the race, a car to race, travel expenses, crew, etc...

I am not so sure if it was SS's MO to be driven around by his chauffeur in the Mosler. The reason for him to have a driver is so he can work. Not so that he can have an exciting ride. I have no idea for sure, but I am guessing that the beauty of the Mosler is driving it, not being a working passenger. SS might have let JW take it out for wash or short spin, or one or two commutes to work to experience it. But I highly doubt this was so day-to-day that JW would need his own expired reg. I could be wrong.

Can you show us a photo of your tag so we can compare and be sure? haha just kidding

Yes.

Your mother's Maiden Name and possibly your bank account number would be helpful as well?

LOL

Yes.

Your mother's Maiden Name and possibly your bank account number would be helpful as well?

LOL
LOL. My car is not a Mosler. Might cost you more to come and get it then its worth. LOL

I am not so sure if it was SS's MO to be driven around by his chauffeur in the Mosler. The reason for him to have a driver is so he can work. Not so that he can have an exciting ride. I have no idea for sure, but I am guessing that the beauty of the Mosler is driving it, not being a working passenger. SS might have let JW take it out for wash or short spin, or one or two commutes to work to experience it. But I highly doubt this was so day-to-day that JW would need his own expired reg. I could be wrong.

ITA

I have had collector cars and it would never have crossed my mind to have someone drive me around while I sat in the passenger seat.

What fun would that be?

Look again and compare: www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/general-u-s/94043d1334712353-state-license-plates-county-listed-2.jpg

You can "see" the beginning of MY right above the letter. IMO

Definite NOT Colorado. No mountains visible:https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Passenger.jpg

Part owner of property is in Eagle, County, Colorado
http://www.indecoinc.com/diamondstarranch.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members