DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you misunderstood what I posted. I agree the registration needs to match the tag, your driver liscense wouldn't matter. The problem comes in if you don't have the registration, and your driver's liscense doesn't match from running the plate. My husband was stopped for speeding. He couldn't find his registration. Lucky him he got a citation for no registration, but no speeding ticket. But lets say a friend was driving my husband's car and the registration wasn't in the car. The friend would probably be suspected of driving a stolen vehicle, because he cannot show a link to the car.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that would work.

I think the cop could tell from the onboard computer if the plate matched the registration and if the insurance was in effect.

Why they still insist on paper copies of this stuff is beyond me.

I dunno about driving someone else's car?

Wow, I have just spent a good majority of my day catching up on these threads. I don't know how I got so far behind.
There were many times I wanted to reply to a comment, but it would have been so far behind that it would have seemed out of place.
I do feel compelled to make a general statement about something I keep reading. People keep mentioning the last call MADE BY SS, unanswered by JW, shortly before noon. That is not a correct statement. There was a call made from SS's PHONE, we have no way of knowing who was actually making the call...any of the calls or texts for that matter. We have to be careful when stating assumption as fact. Eventually it becomes blurry and everyone accepts it as fact. Like that the $ was placed in the Mosler. Is that actually a fact? Did I miss where that was legitimately stated?

It wouldn't have to be a vanity plate from any of those states. Aren't there decorative plates used for car shows, etc? Here are a bunch of Florida plates. It could be one of these. Wonder if we can find another photo of the plate.
View attachment 75893

It looks like FL registers vehicles every year (anyone from FL correct me), MD every two years, and I don't know about DC.

NO... In previous thread, a member had access to DMV/or somewhere and found that the previous owner was from Florida and the registration was not up-to date. It was surmised that the last registration was the one in WJ's car? But... Since it did get a smog
check in January, maybe they were getting ready to register? Except WJ didn't work for SS in January? I don't see SS appreciating that his registration was in a backpack. IDK
We need more info... I'm baffled

I could be wrong, but I don't think Carfax shows every time the registration is renewed - just the first time after the title is transferred. I can't see SS allowing JW to drive the car in April without it being registered and insured. I can't see SS driving it without registration and insurance. Even if he was the safest driver in the world, someone could hit him. That would be uncharacteristically reckless IMO.

It looks like FL registers vehicles every year (anyone from FL correct me), MD every two years, and I don't know about DC.

DC = you can choose 1 or 2 years. That's also when you renew your parking permit sticker.

No I am not suggesting that the car was being driven around unregistered. I believe there is a new registration for it. I just don't think it was kept in the car.
We don't know why it was there. I do agree it is questionable, but I also believe there can be a legitimate reason for it being there.

Seems like a better solution, if you wanted to keep the current reg in a safe, would be to keep a COPY of it in the car as opposed to giving one person who might drive it on occasion an expired reg to keep on his body (or back pack). But who knows. I have NO doubt that SS would've enjoyed seeing the young stars-in-his eyes guy working at the go-kart center get a little thrill by driving the car. And we know from JW's social media posts about driving the Mosler, he enjoyed getting a taste of the "rich life."

I don't believe it is a big deal that old plates were possibly on the car if the registration was updated annually. If it wasn't being driven on public streets, expired plates wouldn't be a big issue.

JMO

Expired plates WOULD be a big deal if the car is driven on a public road. Especially plates expired from another state, when the car is registered in Maryland. I was thinking maybe he kept the Florida plates on the car when he wasn't driving it in the off-chance it was stolen. When LE looked up the plate, they would come back bad and LE would know something was up with the car.

Expired plates WOULD be a big deal if the car is driven on a public road. Especially plates expired from another state, when the car is registered in Maryland. I was thinking maybe he kept the Florida plates on the car when he wasn't driving it in the off-chance it was stolen. When LE looked up the plate, they would come back bad and LE would know something was up with the car.

Absolutely.

Years ago I took a 67 Delta 88 convertible out of storage for a ride not realizing that I hadn't renewed the plates.

Cop pulled me over and said he would have the car towed and we could walk if not for the fact that we had a baby granddaughter in a car seat in the back.

They are serious about that.

So sell me on this theory

Let's say W-1 succeeds filing for a duplicate title, lets forget he has to check the mail for the dupe title. Expertly fills out the dupe title in his name and gets back a nice clean title in his name.

Does he then go knocking on the front door and saying pardon me, I own that Mosler.

If the Mosler was the object or motive then why not steal it outright without entering the house?

Absolutely.

Years ago I took a 67 Delta 88 convertible out of storage for a ride not realizing that I hadn't renewed the plates.

Cop pulled me over and said he would have the car towed and we could walk if not for the fact that we had a baby granddaughter in a car seat in the back.

Interesting!! You bring an inside perspective.

Did you miss the part of my post where I said, "If the car isn't being driven on public streets."???

I've been stopped for expired plates after moving to another state and it was no big deal. I had both the registration and insurance card and my name was on both, as was the car. I later provided proof to the DMV that I paid the renewal and that was it. Cops run the plates and if another owner shows up, then I think there would be a problem but not when the name of ownership is the same as on the other documents.

JMO

So sell me on this theory

Let's say W-1 succeeds filing for a duplicate title, lets forget he has to check the mail for the dupe title. Expertly fills out the dupe title in his name and gets back a nice clean title in his name.

Does he then go knocking on the front door and saying pardon me, I own that Mosler.

If the Mosler was the object or motive then why not steal it outright without entering the house?

He uses the bogus title to sell the car on the black market.

JMO

Absolutely.

It is his job to be serious. If he wasn't, you would have no incentive to get current.

JMO

It will be lawyers that will handle all this and advise both parties. Executors of estates do not just hand money out which can then be construed as "hush money," and certainly as an admission of guilt. If they do start handing out money in cases that really need full legal accounting, they would be unfit for their job, which is to protect the estate for the inheritors, to avoid waste, to be sure everything is text-book copacetic, and not to make inheritors vulnerable in future). In this case, for example, whoever, or whatever group, is in charge of transactions and accounting on behalf of the estate, can not be sure of what entities they would now be dealing with in another country, of the emotions that could be driving a suit, whether personal need for support or yes, even greed on the part of some cousins, or folks who feel entitled to "profit" from VF's death will not get in the mix. So they can give the 100k as a lovely gesture, but it is not theirs to give, probate may take years, sums might be doled out for specific needs...blah blah. Any executors or bank in charge of a trust or trustees who would just write a check against an estate calling it "to be kind" would be negligent. Let's say this is done and then someone in VF's family does file a suit, possibly using some of that money, or blows that money on opening up a mail order business they utterly mismanage so they sue. Now to avoid trial, a settlement is made--those managing the trust/estate have handed it out in an unorthodox manner, creating a "kindness/gifts fund," opening up the inheritors to more claims, setting a precedent, and where might it end? I would imagine they expect there will be a suit, some back and forth over time, meanwhile perhaps the estate tied up, but they will by no means want to put it at risk and encourage more claimants whose cause may or may not be just. Insurance will come in and be tapped first. But opening the door to multiple claims? You know that often the main inheritors are the children. They usually do not have control of the money immediately, not in some huge lump sum, have to ask executors through petition and careful documenting of needed expenses to draw on money beyond their annual or monthly or quarterly amount allotted. Here there is also a company that might have liability and that the estate has investment in or will one day provide capital for. It is complicated and involves several parties, perhaps different forms of liabilities. I doubt very much the inheritors can just draw large amounts of money to show compassion to another victim of this crime when the estate must settle debt, face perhaps suits from other parties (emotional suffering, treatment for PTSD, being put at risk whatever) or that it would be legal for the estate to sell a car and pay off someone in VF's family with the proceeds. As to anonymous contributions to NG's fund, tricky to and ******** is tricky in general. So this is a complex situation despite everyone's best intentions. I do imagine a settlement will be reached, but all expenditures have to be accounted for and assets protected, whether a company's or an estate. I doubt AIW could say we will pay all funeral costs, as Mrs. Figeroa was not in their employ. The estate should be managed in regards to any paying of official claims by competent legal counsel and those claims should be documented and a sum not picked out of the air and sent by wire or ploughed into an informal fund-raiser.

Whew, gotta pay more attention here. Excellent write up emmavoberry I enjoyed it. I've been somewhat being a sounding board for an irrevocable trust done by an attorney in Frederick. It's been a couple years and is winding down but it's always something, including changing tax structures. BTW The attorney has been awesome handling the affairs. (legal ones)

I'm expecting it to be a trust which would really speed up things. Lots of issues to deal with for any lawyer. I think the women will be well taken care of and might be the trustees. I feel for them as it's all probably pretty confusing right now. I hope they can move forward as soon as possible.

He uses the bogus title to sell the car on the black market.

JMO

He's got to deliver it to sell it and I don't believe the title would be valid once fraud is shown. MOO

Yes, but to sell a car, you need to have the title to sign it over to the new owner.
Exactly. Titles can be forged, made up with real info. On the black market, no questions asked. Vin numbers, placed on different parts of a luxury car, but can be scratched off, new numbers engraved. People who buy from Black market dealers do not fuss over VINS and titles. High-rollars in a foreign country "own" the authorities and can splash out dough on getting false documentation. The cars can be modified.

An "inside-tracker" working for organized crime entity gets the crews to go to work and has buyers or knows a car theft ring leader who does.

Admittedly, logistics is a mother. Was someone to come pick one up in the dead of night, dismantle in the garage, and load parts on a trailer? Far-fetched. Is there one missing stashed off-site? This mentioned already and I go for that theory! The Mosler registration can serve as a template on which to enter that car's info?

If JW took the reg. as a "souvenir," he's like men who nick knickers. Not so healthy his obsession with collecting "status symbol *advertiser censored*" revolving around his employer's cars and cash. Who knows how that could escalate! He was playing at having possession of SS's possessions. Next step is have 'em.

I wonder if they got all the keys rounded up from Mr. Savopoulos. These could be used on other cars. These keys have resale value. Or not. Could lay the foundations of a new career: expensive cars theft.

IDK! "They" had a plan as evidenced by the stolen registration. He could have registered the car online or by mail.

JMO the key is the key is the cars is the lies is the passport is the backpack is the terse "done. delivered the package." He knew who was reading that text. All gush and cute with AS, but not his boss, not even "Hey, boss, got it and put it in the .....Call me you need something else. Hope Philip feein better. "

Wow, I have just spent a good majority of my day catching up on these threads. I don't know how I got so far behind.
There were many times I wanted to reply to a comment, but it would have been so far behind that it would have seemed out of place.
I do feel compelled to make a general statement about something I keep reading. People keep mentioning the last call MADE BY SS, unanswered by JW, shortly before noon. That is not a correct statement. There was a call made from SS's PHONE, we have no way of knowing who was actually making the call...any of the calls or texts for that matter. We have to be careful when stating assumption as fact. Eventually it becomes blurry and everyone accepts it as fact. Like that the $ was placed in the Mosler. Is that actually a fact? Did I miss where that was legitimately stated?

I never thought it was a fact that he put the money in the Mosler or even dropped it at the house. I posted more than a few times (I'm a lonnnng-time copywriter, so I pay a lot of attention--probably way too much attention--to language) that the court doc was carefully worded to make sure that it relayed JW's story as stated by JW, not LE. But I got slaughtered here for proposing that. (Posters said, "LE would never put that in the doc if they didn't believe it!" etc. etc.) I said, "LE believes he stated it."

Now, I think people are more used to the idea that JW might have never come around to telling the truth. Sheesh. It's a little crazy-town here. FYI.

Exactly. Titles can be forged, made up with real info. On the black market, no questions asked. Vin numbers, placed on different parts of a luxury car, but can be scratched off, new numbers engraved. People who buy from Black market dealers do not fuss over VINS and titles. High-rollars in a foreign country "own" the authorities and can splash out dough on getting false documentation. The cars can be modified.

An "inside-tracker" working for organized crime entity gets the crews to go to work and has buyers or knows a car theft ring leader who does.

Admittedly, logistics is a mother. Was someone to come pick one up in the dead of night, dismantle in the garage, and load parts on a trailer? Far-fetched. Is there one missing stashed off-site? This mentioned already and I go for that theory! The Mosler registration can serve as a template on which to enter that car's info?

If JW took the reg. as a "souvenir," he's like men who nick knickers. Not so healthy his obsession with collecting "status symbol *advertiser censored*" revolving around his employer's cars and cash. Who knows how that could escalate! He was playing at having possession of SS's possessions. Next step is have 'em.

I wonder if they got all the keys rounded up from Mr. Savopoulos. These could be used on other cars. These keys have resale value. Or not. Could lay the foundations of a new career: expensive cars theft.

IDK! "They" had a plan as evidenced by the stolen registration. He could have registered the car online or by mail.

JMO the key is the key is the cars is the lies is the passport is the backpack is the terse "done. delivered the package." He knew who was reading that text. All gush and cute with AS, but not his boss, not even "Hey, boss, got it and put it in the .....Call me you need something else. Hope Philip feein better. "

Brilliant! I know, why the blunt "delivered the package..."? He had just delivered $20-$40k cash to an unlocked car. If he was as happy about his job as it came across on FB and respectful of SS as you would expect, he sure didn't come across with any kind of caring attitude when he thought no one was looking.

Along the same lines, not only was the call made from SS's phone -- not necessarily by SS -- but it has not been reported whether or not that call went unanswered. It has only been reported that it was the last outgoing call from SS's phone. We don't know if JW talked to the caller or not at that point. I'd be happy to stand corrected if someone can find the link, but as far as I know, every time someone produces a link, it says that there was a call placed and does not say whether or not it was answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight