DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SS, AS and VF were bludgeoned and stabbed to death, and PS was stabbed and burned alive. I think it's safe to assume there was a bloodbath in that home. And they had been tortured too ...

ETA: I forgot to include the post I was replying to. This is in reply to the poster, I think rkf, who questioned if the crime scene would have been bloody.

I think it must have been, because the fire department immediately knew they were in a crime scene. I guess the people strapped to chairs helped them figure that out. But I was wondering if more information had been released by LE that I missed. Thanks.

If they look for shoes without a search warrant, the shoes might end up not being admitted at trial.
So they can't just go and check the shoes without the search warrant, if they want the evidence admitted at trial.

I'm pretty sure they can take the clothes the suspect is wearing when they arrest him.

Could be. Yet, in so many cases, survivors complain that LE does not share nearly enough info. with them or are shocked at the details they discover in the trial. I do think family would be told before this information was unsealed and made public.

I doubt any of the family is asking for the details of their loved one's torture and I doubt they are reading online about it or watching any news. Prosecutors even warn families during a trial when they intend to show photographs so they can leave the courtroom.

JMO

Yes, that jaunt to NYC and back to DC is so interesting. It is surprising that he came back to DC. He had enough cash to get out of Dodge before they knew who they were looking for. He could have been long gone. And yet he was sitting on his family's front stoop for awhile. Very odd, imo.

If it wasn't for the DNA on the pizza crust, he might still be sitting on his father's front porch. He thought he'd gotten away with it until the arrest warrant was issued. Cocky.

He likely pulled the dreads/braids back so you can't see them.

running from a scene........time to get a rubber band?
JMOO I think it was someone else with the clean cut hair.....no dreads

f13d07f350a7f55161ed9e6c97fe9ce7.jpg

First time I've tried to post a picture....

I think the door with the boot print that was described in the SW was in this type of door (not a French door). My house was built in the 20s. I don't think the door is original; my guess it was installed in the 1940s, but in older houses these types of doors are common. We had one in our kitchen in the house in which I grew up. This one goes out to our porch. The keyhole cover is not functional and was added by some previous owner. There is not one on the exterior side. Lest you are getting any ideas we have a large golden retriever.

ETA: It had never occurred to me that anyone would try to kick in this type of door. I always thought that the security weakness is that someone could break a pane of glass and unlock the door. But my security company says that people would rather kick than risk cutting themselves, which is why we have a contact instead of relying on the glass break detector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we see it from the exterior side? I think this could be exactly the same type of door!

Argh, I've been thinking about that ever since I read:

"NYPD sources said Thursday afternoon that Wint was department's "No. 1 priority" and cops did not know if he would go down "in a blaze of glory or just quietly call up and surrender."
We’re preparing for every eventuality. We don’t think he’s mentally fit,” a source said."

They don't say who the source is, of course, but I wish that wouldn't have been quoted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/quadruple-murder-suspect-believed-brooklyn-article-1.2230906

If he hires Ficker, that actually would be one step closer to nuts, so...

The legal definition of insanity is not the same as the psychiatric or what LE calls "mentally unfit." Not to say some defense attorney might try to use the military records, LE's words, any psych visits/diagnosis/treatment, but JMO will "never fly" as per "Oceanblueeyes" good analysis re planning and consciousness of guilt shown by flight. Of course Ficker will contend he needed his "therapy truck" with him to turn himself in.

I think he had his dreads pulled up and back during the murders. JMO

I think you are being kind. I have NO clue about the military, as you do, but my gut reaction is he couldn't cut it, not physically nor mentally. MOO.

and I bet when the USMC went to shave off his dreads he screamed! LOL

Can we see it from the exterior side? I think this could be exactly the same type of door!

I think it is, too. We've got a door exactly like that which leads onto our screened porch.

93a8282dd53763a92e6f5720ee43fa01.jpg

Ask and you shall receive.

NO NO NO This just keeps getting worse.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why though bat must have been found immediately the warrant saying so now unsealed? Maybe more forthcoming based on what found at crime scene/house rather than what we know already found in search of JW's car and DW's clothing etc. as perhaps just finishing the processing of all things collected from house. Could it be, she says hoping, that lab results on bat etc next and more ARRESTS not far away?

I believe that Warren Mosler has a presence in Florida, and the Virgin Islands. They were probably friends, and the car was purchased from Mosler in Florida...not many of the cars are made, apparently.
Just google Warren Mosler.

I don't believe he bought the car from Mosler, although I don't doubt they are friends. He and AS were facebook friends. Did you see the Carfax report I posted earlier?

Can anyone hazard a guess as to why though bat must have been found immediately the warrant saying so now unsealed? Maybe more forthcoming based on what found at crime scene/house rather than what we know already found in search of JW's car and DW's clothing etc. as perhaps just finishing the processing of all things collected from house. Could it be, she says hoping, that lab results on bat etc next and more ARRESTS not far away?

Could be. The fact that two distinct weapons were used is an indication to me there were two different killers at a minimum.

JMO

Who says he had to pull his hair back while he was running from the scene? He couldn't have done it in any of the hours he was at the house?

93a8282dd53763a92e6f5720ee43fa01.jpg

Ask and you shall receive.

Interesting...your knob has no lock either. I find that peculiar but there it is...LOL!!

That being said, given that all of the windows have been replaced in the past few years, I just don't see this being the type of door on the house. But I have discussed this so much already, and I am sure y'all don't want to hear it again!

This could very well be the type of door. I have one too. But I don't live in a $5 Million Dollar Mansion. Doesn't mean you don't though!

ETA - are door knobs a standard height? Because if so, this is not the type of door. Or their handle was really low. There are no window panes visible on the door in the photo.

635690991520439216-CGvsbwJUYAM2PBN.jpg

It has not been determined how they reached the house. The first time the box truck (not van) was encountered was when they arrested him on 05/22. Since he fled in the Porsche, he probably arrived at the house by Metro and bus.

I think he took a taxi.
And I think there was a vehicle belonging to another perp parked within 1/4 mile. I don't see DDW and his criminal associates walking long distances...These are just my guesses.

Who says he had to pull his hair back while he was running from the scene? He couldn't have done it in any of the hours he was at the house?

He didn't pull it back when he knew cops were engaged in a manhunt for him so it is doubtful he pulled his hair back just to leave the house.

JMO

Interesting...your knob has no lock either. I find that peculiar but there it is...LOL!!

That being said, given that all of the windows have been replaced in the past few years, I just don't see this being the type of door on the house. But I have discussed this so much already, and I am sure y'all don't want to hear it again!

This could very well be the type of door. I have one too. But I don't live in a $5 Million Dollar Mansion. Doesn't mean you don't though!

ETA - are door knobs a standard height? Because if so, this is not the type of door. Or their handle was really low. There are no window panes visible on the door in the photo.

635690991520439216-CGvsbwJUYAM2PBN.jpg

I have no idea if door knob heights were standard in 1920-1940. I don't live in a $5mm home, but I do live within an easy few blocks of Michael My-wife-fell-down-the-stairs-no-wait-the-owl-did-it Peterson's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Peterson_(murder_suspect) )old house and regularly see him at the YMCA. The door knob on my door is like none I've ever seen before...but it looks weirdly similar to the Savopolous' door knob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1