DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emmavoberry...you are anazing. I am not as articulate as you are. But I am not dumb. Every time I read one of your posts I say exactly! Thank you.

Could the perp(s) enter the home through the doggie door?

If it wasn't for the DNA on the pizza crust, he might still be sitting on his father's front porch. He thought he'd gotten away with it until the arrest warrant was issued. Cocky.

I know hope is not a strategy but...I am hoping that AS and VF had seen just one episode, any episode of any crime show and scratched one or all of the criminals. I believe LE has lots of physical evidence they haven't disclosed. I believe DDW and his accomplices left lots of physical evidence behind because they all thought the fire would burn the house to the ground.

I have no idea of door knob heights were standard in 1920-1940. I don't live in a $5mm home, but I do live within an easy few blocks of Michael My-wife-fell-down-the-stairs-no-wait-the-owl-did-it Peterson's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Peterson_(murder_suspect) )old house and regularly see him at the YMCA. The door knob on my door is like none I've ever seen before...but it looks weirdly similar to the Savopolous' door knob.

It's not the doorknob "height" that is different, it is the door's width. The SS home may have a narrower doorway and thus the door was trimmed and the doorknob is placed nearly on the seam that runs below to the panel.

JMO

running from a scene........time to get a rubber band?
JMOO I think it was someone else with the clean cut hair.....no dreads

I think he would have had it all contained during the murder. He was conscious enough to wear gloves, so maybe his hair was taken care of. Not that he would appear to me to be 'well groomed' even with his hair pulled back, but this was a car to car viewing? Who knows what another person's determination of well groomed is :) That wouldn't be my view, for sure.

It's not the doorknob "height" that is different, it is the door's width. The SS home may have a narrower doorway and thus the door was trimmed and the doorknob is placed nearly on the seam that runs below to the panel.

JMO

I don't think our door is original to the house (the hardware is different from the other doors), so who knows what type of hack whoever installed it had to do to make it work with the opening we have, too.

The legal definition of insanity is not the same as the psychiatric or what LE calls "mentally unfit." Not to say some defense attorney might try to use the military records, LE's words, any psych visits/diagnosis/treatment, but JMO will "never fly" as per "Oceanblueeyes" good analysis re planning and consciousness of guilt shown by flight. Of course Ficker will contend he needed his "therapy truck" with him to turn himself in.

I thought insanity was purely a legal term rather than psychiatric. I agree that he knew right from wrong at the time of the crimes which spanned so many hours. He knew to prepare and to try and cover his tracks.

I find it funny and pathetic that those facts don't stop some defense lawyers from putting it forth as a defense.

I know hope is not a strategy but...I am hoping that AS and VF had seen just one episode, any episode of any crime show and scratched one or all of the criminals. I believe LE has lots of physical evidence they haven't disclosed. I believe DDW and his accomplices left lots of physical evidence behind because they all thought the fire would burn the house to the ground.

Goodness, I hope you are right.

Hopefully, there is hair or fibers in addition to the DNA on the pizza crust...even touch DNA or sweat on some napkin or towel or something...if there were helpers then something has got to be there. Now, about that water bottle, it would seem there would be DNA on the sipping part of the bottle.

with all the hours perp(s) were in the house, had to make mistakes..............no one would keep gloves on all that time? urinate? shower? spit? sit? lay down? refrig for drinks?

I agree. I think LE has much more physical evidence than we know.

I think he would have had it all contained during the murder. He was conscious enough to wear gloves, so maybe his hair was taken care of. Not that he would appear to me to be 'well groomed' even with his hair pulled back, but this was a car to car viewing? Who knows what another person's determination of well groomed is :) That wouldn't be my view, for sure.

I am surprised by how often people mistake dreadlocks pulled back for short hair. I wouldn't have thought it possible without seeing photos of DW with his hair back and without knowing how confused the witness in the HG case was about the suspect's hair, but there it is. It is apparently easy to mistake pulled-back dreads for short hair. As to "well-groomed," that's subjective, so IDK.

When I was a young babysitter YEARS ago, I entered the house through a doggy door. I forget why. I was small at the time. Maybe the key did not work. I was with the kids. I definitely was not sneaking in the house! There was a legitimate reason. My point is I did fit through the doggy door. No doubt they have advanced in forty years. But, I do not have one despite having two 4 legged children. And two legged kids as well.

with all the hours perp(s) were in the house, had to make mistakes..............no one would keep gloves on all that time? urinate? shower? spit? sit? lay down? refrig for drinks?

They also shed hair and skin cells no doubt. Wint made at least two mistakes--DNA on pizza crust and victim's blood on his shoe. Those are just two we know about. I think the house was kept a crime scene because there was a lot to process. 18 hours is a long time to leave some kind of imprint.

JMO

When I was a young babysitter YEARS ago, I entered the house through a doggy door. I forget why. I was small at the time. Maybe the key did not work. I was with the kids. I definitely was not sneaking in the house! There was a legitimate reason. My point is I did fit through the doggy door. No doubt they have advanced in forty years. But, I do not have one despite having two 4 legged children. And two legged kids as well.

Who knows what the dog-door situation was with the Savopoulos' house. I sort of doubt that if they had a dog door that the dogs would have stayed outside, and given that DW probably didn't want dogs around, I'm guessing that they were outside the whole time and quiet enough that he didn't have to decide whether to kill them or not. However, there have been some advances in pet door technology. Ours only opens to our own cats' microchips. We had to get it because a neighborhood cat was coming in through the door, eating all the food, and terrorizing our cats (which led to all manner of totally unacceptable behavior). i would guess that the S family didn't have a dog door, but if they did, it was the type that was programmable to only allow certain people.

I thought insanity was purely a legal term rather than psychiatric. I agree that he new right from wrong at the time of the crimes which spanned so many hours. He knew to prepare and to try and cover his tracks.

I find it funny and pathetic that those facts don't stop some defense lawyers from putting it forth as a defense.
Good catch. Right. I should have said the legal def. is different from the modern concept of "mentally ill," and the various disorders/diseases found in "the bible," DSM. Some psychiatrists argue that the legal definition has meant that people who are actually suffering from serious illnesses involving psychosis can't use the insanity defense and people who shouldn't, psychiatrically - be able to, can and do, though it is not a common defense.
Just nice that lacking all humanity and being evil incarnate is not a defense!

I am surprised by how often people mistake dreadlocks pulled back for short hair. I wouldn't have thought it possible without seeing photos of DW with his hair back and without knowing how confused the witness in the HG case was about the suspect's hair, but there it is. It is apparently easy to mistake pulled-back dreads for short hair. As to "well-groomed," that's subjective, so IDK.

It is subjective but it also shows the witness saw the driver clearly enough to form an opinion about his overall appearance. I would think it would be fairly easy to then show that witness a photo lineup with Wint's hair pulled back.

JMO

Who knows what the dog-door situation was with the Savopoulos' house. I sort of doubt that if they had a dog door that the dogs would have stayed outside, and given that DW probably didn't want dogs around, I'm guessing that they were outside the whole time and quiet enough that he didn't have to decide whether to kill them or not. However, there have been some advances in pet door technology. Ours only opens to our own cats' microchips. We had to get it because a neighborhood cat was coming in through the door, eating all the food, and terrorizing our cats (which led to all manner of totally unacceptable behavior). i would guess that the S family didn't have a dog door, but if they did, it was the type that was programmable to only allow certain people.

Thanks for the tip!

May 14 1:24 DC fire receives call of fire. The fire took about 30 minutes to extinguish.
When first responders arrived, sources tell FOX 5's Paul Wagner they found a savage, bloody and "obvious" crime scene when they arrived.
May 14 Porsche seen on NY Ave 1:30
May 14 burning Porsche 5:15 pm - Police found the car -- torched and unoccupied -- in the parking lot of St. Christopher's Episcopal Church in Lanham, Maryland, around 5:15 p.m. Thursday, 8001 Annapolis rd., New Carrollton, Maryland.

Where was the Porsche between 1:30 and 5:15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1