DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know it's probably been theorized before on here but I can't find it. So, if there were others with DW that did this and the clean cut guy took the Porsche and burned it......why weren't there 2 people in the car? I mean, how did DW get out of there once the fire started? Did they take the Porsche because they were ultimately without a ride in the end? If you've never been in the Porsche, there's not a reason to burn it. It seems the only reason the Porsche was torched was because there was evidence in it. The only way there would be would be if SS was actually encountered at the dojo and someone was with him in the Porsche, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Several hours elapsed between the fire at the S house and the burning of the Porsche. Someone could recline the passenger seat and be "invisible". A passenger also could have been dropped of before W3 saw the Porsche on NY Ave.

Could the perp(s) enter the home through the doggie door?
Yesterday, I stood in front of a door exactly like the one Skygirl posted. To my utter surprise, there at the bottom of that basement door was a doggy door for a large breed dog. I had a friend who had the same type of door with a doggy door and I can tell you, a time or two, I locked myself out of her house and had to climb through that doggy door. So, if the door didn't pop open on a hard kick, then if they had a doggy door it is a possibility. IMO.

with all the hours perp(s) were in the house, had to make mistakes..............no one would keep gloves on all that time? urinate? shower? spit? sit? lay down? refrig for drinks?
And lighting matches with gloves on is not an easy task.

Interesting...your knob has no lock either. I find that peculiar but there it is...LOL!!

That being said, given that all of the windows have been replaced in the past few years, I just don't see this being the type of door on the house. But I have discussed this so much already, and I am sure y'all don't want to hear it again!

This could very well be the type of door. I have one too. But I don't live in a $5 Million Dollar Mansion. Doesn't mean you don't though!

ETA - are door knobs a standard height? Because if so, this is not the type of door. Or their handle was really low. There are no window panes visible on the door in the photo.

635690991520439216-CGvsbwJUYAM2PBN.jpg

This looks like the same type to me! And also, what we've thought was a mullion on the S door could just be the door frame. Thank you for posting the photos, Skigirl!

When I was a young babysitter YEARS ago, I entered the house through a doggy door. I forget why. I was small at the time. Maybe the key did not work. I was with the kids. I definitely was not sneaking in the house! There was a legitimate reason. My point is I did fit through the doggy door. No doubt they have advanced in forty years. But, I do not have one despite having two 4 legged children. And two legged kids as well.

My girlfriend is always locking herself out of her house and climbing through the doggy door. She is not much smaller than me, so it seems like a security hazard. But she didn't ask me...

Excellent questions. IIRC investigators thought the Porsche might have been driven Wednesday too. Would the Porsche have been used to haul away "stuff" and offloaded during the time seen on the road on Thurs. and found burning? Starting on Wed.? Either some valuables hauled or evidence they didn't think would burn? How DID DW get away if he was not driving the Porsche a great one.
The only way there would be would be if SS was actually encountered at the dojo and someone was with him in the Porsche, right?
My bold.
Not the only way but one way Porsche could contain serious evidence.
Who might have surprised him at dojo and driven him (in trunk?) to house? Or just driven him because that was his ride home, in which case some one already (at dojo, near, on road home) knows who.
Why has it never been mentioned how SS got home from dojo?

SS would not fit in the Porsche "boot". It's in the front and very tight. Might be able to fold a child up in there, but I like your last suggestion. The fact that the charging documents, that only apply to SS' murder, present the opinion that the crime began shortly after 6 pm has always interested me. If AS called him after 5:30, I don't believe SS would make it home by shortly after 6 pm, so it seems like the crime began for him before he arrived home.

He is not from the United States of America, but America can include North America, Central America and South America. I had a friend from central America when we were kids, and this used to drive her CRAZY! :)

America is a country as in United States of America. Citizenship is assigned to countries rather than continents. I don't care how it is twisted, Wint is not an American and ICE has placed a hold on him.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/7/dc-mansion-murders-darron-wint-flagged-for-deporta/

As with any other field, we see trends, advances as criminals try to lower risk of discovery and maximize rewards. Once they see how easy it is that a masked and armed group can enter a residence, one with several young and able men, and get them to comply while they make off with valuables, electronics, maybe drugs, they adopt the trend. No hassle with customers, better to follow restaurant owner home and then steal the take, no witnesses in a parking lot to call LE, and they have isolated the victims effectively. Works best if they know their targets so they can plan or have enough time to observe them. Recently, an armed group pushed into a college residence with six guys they forced to lie down on the floor. Six guys were not afraid to open the door even at 1 a.m. and six guys had plenty of toys, cash, credit cards.
I think in response to this trend, there will be a rush on alarm systems, loaded and easy to access guns, dogs trained as guard dogs, code words, panic rooms, and consultation with security companies to assess risk and advise on prevention.
But how to balance freedom, the need for a "normal life" with preparedness? Make it tougher on potential criminals to invade your kingdom, but have a plan in place for such an event and run some drills just like you would for a fire or an earthquake. JMO Life alert bracelets and pendants not a bad idea.

According to various reports, some I've received from mutual friends, the S family had "guard" dogs, a gun, a high-tech, state-of-the-art safe/panic room, a man highly skilled in martial arts, an alarm system... This crime is such an unexpected occurrence, that it's almost like a natural disaster with no warning. So, drills might help, but at what cost - to fear for your life at all times, or at least be conscious that evil lurks just outside your door every time there's a knock? I remember crawling under my desk with my hands laced over the back of my neck during nuclear bomb drills. I lived in Washington, DC, so if the nation's capitol had a direct hit, we would have been vaporized immediately - no need to protect the delicate spinal cord. The drills were stressful and I was always scared thinking about the bomb that would hit with little warning.

I'm not saying we shouldn't protect ourselves. I'm just saying that even if we do, a criminal intent on doing harm to us is always going to have the upper hand. I feel like the S family took more than reasonable security precautions. I don't think it's possible, without losing one's mind, to be in a constant state of readiness. I've said before, the cortisol bath would kill me.

That's the same reason Georgetown blocked a metro station and it really hasn't helped them...

Thanks. Lack of a metra station and I'm in a very low crime area. I do believe there is a link. This case has a metra station not very far away.

Thanks. Lack of a metra station and I'm in a very low crime area. I do believe there is a link. This case has a metra station not very far away.

My point is that Georgetown doesn't have a metro station nearby, and they have a much, MUCH higher rate of crime - all types - than the S' neighborhood. I would wager Georgetown's crime rate is higher than Dupont Circle (where I live), but it's certainly worse than Woodley Park - and that's just the crime that gets reported!

I'm guessing there are other reasons your neighborhood enjoys a low crime rate, as the presence or absence of public transportation is not a determining factor in NW DC.

Several hours elapsed between the fire at the S house and the burning of the Porsche. Someone could recline the passenger seat and be "invisible". A passenger also could have been dropped of before W3 saw the Porsche on NY Ave.

I'm also not convinced that the eyewitness sighting was accurate about all of the details given how unreliable eyewitnesses can be, so I am taking everything about it ( the time, the location, the driver, the car) with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what phone call was the last that was definitely SS. I'm not sure if Mrs. F's husband would know SS' voice, so it could have been someone else in the house.

Something just clicked in my mind. If you listen to the call that SS made to the housekeeper, the one in which many of us think PS can be heard in the background, he says VF is spending the night, her cellphone isn't charged, his charger won't work on her phone and to please let anyone who might be looking for her know that she is staying over. He doesn't name her husband. He seems only vaguely aware that she has family and not who they are specifically. So how did he call her husband the next day when her husband was trawling around the outside of the house? SS had her husband's number programmed into his phone? Was she alive and not gagged and forced to tell him the number?

Or did one of the abductors know him well enough to have his number handy?

Or maybe IT's attention was focused on enough things -- the car, the driver, the vest -- that IT didn't notice or recall at the time of the discussion with police that the car had a passenger. At the time of the sighting, the witness did not know that anything about the car or its passengers would be significant.

According to various reports, some I've received from mutual friends, the S family had "guard" dogs, a gun, a high-tech, state-of-the-art safe/panic room, a man highly skilled in martial arts, an alarm system... This crime is such an unexpected occurrence, that it's almost like a natural disaster with no warning. So, drills might help, but at what cost - to fear for your life at all times, or at least be conscious that evil lurks just outside your door every time there's a knock? I remember crawling under my desk with my hands laced over the back of my neck during nuclear bomb drills. I lived in Washington, DC, so if the nation's capitol had a direct hit, we would have been vaporized immediately - no need to protect the delicate spinal cord. The drills were stressful and I was always scared thinking about the bomb that would hit with little warning.

I'm not saying we shouldn't protect ourselves. I'm just saying that even if we do, a criminal intent on doing harm to us is always going to have the upper hand. I feel like the S family took more than reasonable security precautions. I don't think it's possible, without losing one's mind, to be in a constant state of readiness. I've said before, the cortisol bath would kill me.

I agree. I think they did everything wise and prudent that one can do. It's analogous to driving a car -- even if you have airbags, are buckled in, 100% sober, in a safe car...a Mac truck could still hit your vehicle.

Can someone please tell me where in the world that group of 5-6 were going in the car (after leaving the Howard Johnson's motel/hotel) & the box truck, and why the box truck, and why altogether? They obviously were going SOMEWHERE and had A PLAN - I'm stumped on what what they were up to - ideas? guesses? please...... Was the box truck stolen - why a 'box truck' ??

Something just clicked in my mind. If you listen to the call that SS made to the housekeeper, the one in which many of us think PS can be heard in the background, he says VF is spending the night, her cellphone isn't charged, his charger won't work on her phone and to please let anyone who might be looking for her know that she is staying over. He doesn't name her husband. He seems only vaguely aware that she has family and not who they are specifically. So how did he call her husband the next day when her husband was trawling around the outside of the house? SS had her husband's number programmed into his phone? Was she alive and not gagged and forced to tell him the number?

Or did one of the abductors know him well enough to have his number handy?

I thought it was a clue to NG that was missed. Like he knew the maid had a husband but intentionally worded it that way to get NG suspicious. Now you have me wondering. Lol

Can someone please tell me where in the world that group of 5-6 were going in the car (after leaving the Howard Johnson's motel/hotel) & the box truck, and why the box truck, and why altogether? They obviously were going SOMEWHERE and had A PLAN - I'm stumped on what what they were up to - ideas? guesses? please...... Was the box truck stolen - why a 'box truck' ??

Some of us thought that the box truck -- a moving garage on wheels -- had something to do with one of the expensive/exotic cars that the perps hoped to steal (I felt that they were after the Mosler and just didn't manage to get it away from the scene... but I haven't heard anything about the whereabouts of the Bentley). I feel certain there was a reason -- beyond that his brother was in DC and beyond that his girlfriend said he was going to turn himself in -- that he was riding in convoy with a truck that can service vehicles less than ten miles from the scene, but I was practically shouted out of websleuths for saying so earlier, because, well, I guess 10 miles isn't "close" enough to the scene for some people (although I think all are willing to stipulate that it's closer than where he had been, 225 miles away), and some felt they were just using whatever vehicle was available to them. :truce:

911 seats don't recline like regular car seats do. There is no room for the seat to go back. And unless the passenger was a 5lb. yorkie...there is no way he was hiding in the passenger seat of the Porsche. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee