DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that Georgetown doesn't have a metro station nearby, and they have a much, MUCH higher rate of crime - all types - than the S' neighborhood. I would wager Georgetown's crime rate is higher than Dupont Circle (where I live), but it's certainly worse than Woodley Park - and that's just the crime that gets reported!

I'm guessing there are other reasons your neighborhood enjoys a low crime rate, as the presence or absence of public transportation is not a determining factor in NW DC.

Hi neighbor! (I don't live in Dupont, but not far).

The metro stop is about as close to the S house as the Foggy Bottom stop is to Georgetown, which is to say not very. Its about a 15 minute walk, at least, up a hill to get there from the Woodley Park stop. Certainly possible but this is not a question of accessibility. The house was accessible if you were determined to get there, but not the softest target. And it was an awfully warm day to be walking up that hill in a hoody.

I think they drove there and the others, or other, left in the car they came in.

The person in the grainy video is an athlete. His running form is perfect, even though he's carrying a bucket. The bucket could have been empty (though why would he carry it if it was) but its still awkward and not easy to run with. I don't know if DW was an athlete and could run like that. Does anyone know if either he or his brother did some running in school?

When the search warrants first came out I didn't think the murderers took anything from the house, because they didn't specify jewelry, paintings, and such. Then a poster pointed out that the search warrants do say they were looking for any physical evidence. Now I wonder if during the night they used one of the SUV's to haul away a lot of items, and that is why they were using the box truck. They were heading to the stash.

Can someone please tell me where in the world that group of 5-6 were going in the car (after leaving the Howard Johnson's motel/hotel) & the box truck, and why the box truck, and why altogether? They obviously were going SOMEWHERE and had A PLAN - I'm stumped on what what they were up to - ideas? guesses? please...... Was the box truck stolen - why a 'box truck' ??
Well, he was turning himself in to LE? That's what his gf said. :seeya:

When the search warrants first came out I didn't think the murderers took anything from the house, because they didn't specify jewelry, paintings, and such. Then a poster pointed out that the search warrants do say they were looking for any physical evidence. Now I wonder if during the night they used one of the SUV's to haul away a lot of items, and that is why they were using the box truck. They were heading to the stash.
They could have gotten additional search warrants as well.

NBC News ‏@NBCNews [video=twitter;608772643857268736]https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/608772643857268736[/video]
Bloody baseball bat found at murdered family's D.C. mansion http://nbcnews.to/1F9w59k

I quoted you for the pic.

This link has pics of the guy arrested with the dark hoodie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks like LE gloved his hands then handcuffed him

Tried to quote the post for pic of light hoodie guy..

All four victims had been beaten and stabbed; Philip had also been burned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...395c032_story.html?postshare=6261434019810549

Is this the first time we've read that Philip had also been beaten? I think previously we'd only heard about the cuts/thermal injuries. Can't stop thinking about this crime. DW should not even have been in this country to begin with. I know that's a different topic but if he'd been eliminated from the USA, VF and the S family are most likely alive this very minute.

Exactly. IIRC they did do search warrants on the parents home and the girlfriends. They will be interesting to see.
IMO there is a reason why they hauled away the vehicles, then returned them. I don't think they were just checking to see if they were tampered with. I think they took them to their garage to search them under the best of conditions looking for any evidence of the murderers and to look for the smallest of evidence of stolen items being in anyone of the. Those search warrants will be very interesting too.

Is this the first time we've read that Philip had also been beaten? I think previously we'd only heard about the cuts/thermal injuries. Can't stop thinking about this crime. DW should not even have been in this country to begin with. I know that's a different topic but if he'd been eliminated from the USA, VF and the S family are most likely alive this very minute.

Afaik yes. He didn't die from blunt force injury which is why.

I'm also not convinced that the eyewitness sighting was accurate about all of the details given how unreliable eyewitnesses can be, so I am taking everything about it ( the time, the location, the driver, the car) with a grain of salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a sense, based in the word choice on the description, that it was a DC cop. And given that the car was headed into PG County, MD. that thenofficer let him go. This is just a hunch.

I would think that the police would have seized the exact taxi that D.W. took in order to detail and analyze the fibers on the seats and also the floor in case there were fibers left there that would match the crime. In addition, perhaps when interviewing the taxi driver, police would have tried to discover if the driver had overheard any phone conversations that D.W. may have had during the ride. The driver may have overheard something unusual. JMO

Fox5 reporting a white truck at the house from some art preservation place. I think they are collecting the art work.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html

View attachment 76181

View attachment 76180
Am I seeing that right? Does he have on a pair of white gloves, white shirt, and pants? Is this to preserve evidence? I cannot tell about his feet, but complain them to the white clothes those are not white tennis shoes. IMO.

I am wondering whether the police put some type of shoe covering bags that fit on the shoes to preserve evidence and that may be why we can't see the white tennis shoes. JMO

My girlfriend is always locking herself out of her house and climbing through the doggy door. She is not much smaller than me, so it seems like a security hazard. But she didn't ask me...

Jodi Arias was accused of sneaking through Travis's doggy door to get inside his house uninvited.

I think neighbors would have noticed a truck hauling away things at night. That is definitely something that would concern me if i saw it.

View attachment 76181

View attachment 76180
Am I seeing that right? Does he have on a pair of white gloves, white shirt, and pants? Is this to preserve evidence? I cannot tell about his feet, but complain them to the white clothes those are not white tennis shoes. IMO.

This guy is way too tall to be DW. It is likely one of the other men found with him.

Something just clicked in my mind. If you listen to the call that SS made to the housekeeper, the one in which many of us think PS can be heard in the background, he says VF is spending the night, her cellphone isn't charged, his charger won't work on her phone and to please let anyone who might be looking for her know that she is staying over. He doesn't name her husband. He seems only vaguely aware that she has family and not who they are specifically. So how did he call her husband the next day when her husband was trawling around the outside of the house? SS had her husband's number programmed into his phone? Was she alive and not gagged and forced to tell him the number?

Or did one of the abductors know him well enough to have his number handy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VF was still alive so they could have asked her once her husband showed up, what his number is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee