DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On CNN today with Brooke Baldwin , Pamela Brown reports that PS was strangled in addition to being beaten, stabbed and burned. 2 women are being scrutinized. Hair follicles, finger and shoe prints have been found.

Dear God, how many ways was poor PS murdered?! If there was someone else involved I would not be surprised if it is a woman. I feel sick over what the S family and VF went through. Like someone else said here, UGH!

ETA: I see it was SS who was strangled in addition to being bludgeoned and stabbed. Same response from me, Ugh!

Ok, now I'm confused. I thought the "lie" was the bag versus envelope and whether or not the car was unlocked and whether it was Wednesday or Thursday Savaa's requested the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was. He never said the money didn't come from the bank.

Why do you think they allowed him to speak to his sister ? Seems strange considering the circumstances . I was wondering if she confused it with the day before . She could have been in shock
If I don't answer this she will get suspicious and call Amy and then AIW.

You want accomplices or complicits; Check the pawn shops. I'm sure Mr and Mrs. S had plenty of jewelry. So while waiting for the 40k. I'm sure the jewelry was taken as well.

Jmo.

Thanks , What I meant about the phone and you are absolutely correct (good point)that she would speak spanish and they were only letting savvas call out . What I meant ,though, was my husband would find it strange that I did not call him directly using another family member's phone if my phone was dead.

Perhaps that is why the husband went to the house. But, remember it was the boss of his wife. Looks like his gut feeling was something was wrong. In his defense, who would have imagined the crimes being committed behind the door. Maybe Websleuths members. I do not fault him. What if? Many of us have felt like this even after a loved one suddenly passes away because of indigestion...aka heart attack.

There is also the trust factor the husband had for the family. I believe she worked for the family for years.

Let me be more explicit while trying to stay within the rules. JW probably believed that the money wasn't kosher. he was protecting his employer. Whether or not that was true is irrelevant, its what JW believed.

I think there's a reason they are going through the finances. As I said, money moved around. Cash was withdrawn for the dojo opening and no one raised an eyebrow. This may have been perfectly legitimate but LE wants to know who would have known about the availability of cash. It may have been that DW got lucky and walked in on a situation where money was available. Or maybe someone associated with the crime knew.

Whether or not the money was on the up and up, why would JW not wonder that SS would not want him to deliver it anywhere but to an unlocked car in the garage? And especially after the fire, not knowing where boss is, thinking family members might have died in that fire (I mean did AS get back to him?), LE questioning him about the money drop, he STILL can't put 2+2 together and think maybe "somethin' happenin'" here and I don't know what it is.
Maybe something happened at the HOUSE and to my boss and his wife and son and anyone else working there that is NOT KOSHER and THAT'S probably lots more important than my dumb assumption that Mr. S is dirty and I should cover for him.
JW would have to be an incredibly dim bulb not to have an inkling that NOW is the time to tell the truth. JMO

Big Brother.......he's everywhere. [emoji28]

Lol. Well tell him to get off my back. 9k in back taxes isn't that bad. Lol

I work and ask for nothing. But some still are able to capitalize on a free given big brother lifestyle while not trying at all to better their situation. Lol. Go figure.

Well, all we know is what JW told investigators and what accountant might have assumed--that JW was delivering it to SS personally--while, in fact, we don't know how JW actually did deliver it. To whom, he delivered. The fact that according to his story, he was willing to put it in the car and raised no red flags for him, raises red flags for me-- about JW. I think his story was a total crock. JMO

IMO
He put money in the car...DW arrested with money...

Unreal.. Wint should have been put away long ago. Three stabbings...that we know about! Plus beating a gf and threatening another with killing her and her infant cause he was "good with a knife"

Wint was convicted of third degree assault and served 89 days in prison for both attacks on Babcock.

“I don’t understand why they would only give him that little time for stabbing me," Babcock said.

After his release in 2007, Wint was sentenced to 10 months in jail for stabbing another man. When he completed his sentence, Wint returned to Maryland in 2008.

Why wasn't DW given a long prison stretch and then deported after this attack? Hell, he never should have been allowed here in the first place! I bet he's got a long criminal record from before he came here too.

IMO
He put money in the car...DW arrested with money...

It seems many are just skipping right over this, from CNN

A separate law enforcement official says investigators have been perplexed as to why the assistant changed his story multiple times, but at this point investigators don't believe he was complicit in the crime. The official cautioned, however, that a conclusion about that has not been reached.

Yes, and because there was US Currency and credit cards left in the house, it just doesn't seem like this crime had anything to do with getting the money.

I get the feeling there's more than money involved. Why the torture and brutal murders? If it was really all about money the same questions, WHY?!

Dna did not solve this if others were in the house as well. Mr. S probably left a clue about DW which helped with a Quick comparison match. But if others were in the house. Maybe they didn't like pizza. Or they ate the crust as well. Jmo

Why do you think they allowed him to speak to his sister ? Seems strange considering the circumstances . I was wondering if she confused it with the day before . She could have been in shock

If not mistaken, she holds a position in AIW. Maybe she was calling to inquire about the cash she heard he requested.

OMG lol! The title of my post is the title of the article itself, nothing more. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Nobody is saying you can't take your own money out in cash, it's just that specific thresholds exist for a reason and an amount of $40k can and would raise an alert for lots of people. I'm sure there are specifics that can indicate whether it may be for nefarious reasons vs entirely innocent reasons. I have no idea what SS banking habits were. I didn't make up the laws, I'm just reciting what they are and why some of us might think it noteworthy to carry around that amount of cash.

Yes, regulations are in place to try and prevent crime and potential ransom money would be one of those crimes.

If I'm not mistaken, she holds a position at AIW. Maybe she became aware of the $40K and called to ask about it?

That doesn't matter in this case. The killer probably would not let you speak to anyone else besides the people you need to speak to.

But maybe SS hid her true identity from dw just so he can get a last moment of hearing his sisters voice.

That was probably the last greatest conversation he had.

So sad.

Because he didn't know he was dead. SS was not identified until the next day. The talk at the scene was that the man who was dead was an employee. SS was wearing casual clothes and perhaps was not recognizable. Even if LE thought it was him, they weren't releasing that information.

How would you know what he knew if he was involved?:thinking:

Dear God, how many ways was poor PS murdered?! If there was someone else involved I would not be surprised if it is a woman. I feel sick over what the S family and VF went through. Like someone else said here, UGH!

Reports so contradictory. First, it is that SS had trauma to back of head, now PS. But CNN news does report father was beaten, strangled, stabbed. That sounds possible as I imagine SS gave the most "fight," in any way he possibly could.

I know we have all seen crime shows in which the "up close and personal" and "overkill means perp knew victim" is the conventional crime profiling. But many crimes are vicious, appear to demonstrate rage, yet revenge plays no part and nothing personal about it, an expression of the perpetrator's temperament; it makes him/her feel good. Extreme and seemingly unnecessary cruelty can prevail when others are present: herd mentality, showing off, group catharsis, a sick form of a "happening."

JMO SS presented a challenge to kill and they pulled out the stops.

[video=cnn;justice/2015/06/11/dc-mansion-killing-new-documents-lead-dnt-brown.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/politics/dc-mansion-fire-bloody-bat/index.html[/video]

It seems many are just skipping right over this, from CNN

A separate law enforcement official says investigators have been perplexed as to why the assistant changed his story multiple times, but at this point investigators don't believe he was complicit in the crime. The official cautioned, however, that a conclusion about that has not been reached.

I wonder if the media is overstating the inconsistencies in JW's statements by saying "multiple times". IIRC there were two inconsistent statements according to the CDoc. 1) JW originally told LE that SS contacted Wednesday night about collecting the money. This was contradicted by text messages that indicate SS contacted JW Thursday morning 2) JW first told LE that the Mosler was locked when he arrived with the money. He later changed that statement to say it was unlocked.

I think it is possible that JW didn't intentionally lie. His first statements were made just hours after learning of the fire and I suspect he was in shock. LE have said JW "admitted to lying". I wonder if that is just their interpretation. I can't imagine a smart guy like JW saying "yes I lied".

Not sure how much of a challenge someone can be when they are strapped to a chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1