DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wondered if someone hid themselves in a bathroom/room inside of the house, and Wint kicked it down...if you drive by the house (I live nearby), there are numerous French doors in the front...the surprising thing is that it's only a 2 garage 'door' garage...and the assistant would've been so obvious dropping off the package! (an old guy in a truck was parked on the driveway, 'guarding' the house)..

The other thing that struck me is how DARK it is at night...and, with the lights off in the house when the family was held hostage, it seems that a neighbor might've noticed...???
It's not a 'touchy/feely' 'hood...I have friends who live down the street, and people are there for privacy...not necessarily to be friendly with neighbors...
a shame...

The picture I posted was to show you how double doors work. I did not say that was the exact door they had on the house. Double doors have a mullion. The picture clearly shows a mullion and not a door frame. The photo below imo does not state that was the door LE is referring to it just says: Plywood covers side door at #Savopoulos mansion. Police found a boot print.. It does not say police found a boot print on the plywood covered door. The plywood covered door looks like a single door. Most logical place for a double door in my opinion would be under the striped awning in the front. Usually people have double doors leading to a patio.

Again, on the street view, you can see that under the awning at the same single hung door/windows like on the side.

The French type doors are actually in the archways on either side of the front door.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s249y9IXwSS1F-e3rYssnAg!2e0

All I am saying is by looking at the actual home and the actual windows, none of the exterior windows/doors look like that photo with boot print. And, just my guessing, that the doors/windows around the back match the rest of the doors/windows around the front.

The affidavit says twice iirc that it is an exterior door on the side of the residence.

I know. And that is why I have spent so much time trying to study these windows! LOL! It just bugs me. Because that door knob doesn't look like an exterior door knob. Nor is what I see on the home look like that door. It looks like it could be MY exterior door - but the knob still bugs me - but not what this home had.

And of course, my opinion doesn't matter here...LOL!! It's just something that I have actually spent quite a bit of time looking at all of the photos I can to figure this out.

Oh. Good point...so maybe the gasoline was an afterthought...if the lawn crew was there, maybe that ticked off the killer because he could not leave with the $$$.

I still don't get why there's no security footage...most are backed up to a remote place that keeps the footage...no need to even turn the video on, especially the outside one...those are automatic.

Are we to believe there was an actual lawn crew, unrelated to the perps, cutting grass that morning? OMG. Say it isn't so! Is there confirmation of this?

Ahhhh! The 'side' of the house is the garage...it's on a separate street, on the 'side' ... I wonder if, as someone noted, it was a door inside the garage that led into the house...previous reports have suggested the family left the garage doors open...or were not so careful with closing them...
it's definitely not a French door that they showed...

Re: the lawn crew.
Initial reports stated a lawn crew was at the house that morning (14th)...many lawn crews just 'show up' and do not have 'set' times or dates...so it's possible Wint got the $$$ was ready to leave and then the lawn crew held him at the house and he got ticked off?
Or, more realistically, he'd damaged the family physically to the point they were almost dead and he killed them...

Re; lawn crew.
Initial reports stated a lawn crew was a the house that morning (14th)...many lawn crews just 'show up' and do not have 'set' times or dates...so it's possible Wint got the $$$ was ready to leave and then the lawn crew held him at the house and he got ticked off?
Or, more realistically, he'd damaged the family physically to the point they were almost dead and he killed them...

So sad. The victims could hear life going on normally outside...cars go by, lawn being mowed...while life inside their home was terror and torture.

So sad. The victims could hear life going on normally outside...cars go by, lawn being mowed...while life inside their home was terror and torture.

At some point they had to realize they were going to be killed. I have no words ....

Again, on the street view, you can see that under the awning at the same single hung door/windows like on the side.

The French type doors are actually in the archways on either side of the front door.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s249y9IXwSS1F-e3rYssnAg!2e0

All I am saying is by looking at the actual home and the actual windows, none of the exterior windows/doors look like that photo with boot print. And, just my guessing, that the doors/windows around the back match the rest of the doors/windows around the front.

From the street view under the awning I see a single window to the left (4panes wide) 2 sets of 3 panes wide windows in the middle and a single window to the right (4panes wide). Now the 2 sets of three panes wide windows matches the second story window pattern but these could very well be french doors imo. If you look at the framing around the windows the ones in the middle have a larger frame. Usually doors have a larger frame.

In the archways are windows with window sills they aren't doors.

FWIW it's JMO :fence:

Here, around 1:50: http://abcnews.go.com/US/mansion-fire-mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-dc-blaze/story?id=31121535

That's the most complete clip of the VM I've heard. FWIW, I do hear someone in the background who sounds MOST unhappy, and it does sound like language, not a scream to me, but I can't tell what words are being said.

I listened to this voicemail for the first time and I can't get over the huge red flags that were missed in this case.

SS leaves message saying that VF would be staying the night because AS is not feeling well. This is odd in itself but what he says next should have raised a red flag. He said VF's cell phone is dead and he doesn't have a charger for it so he asks NG to contact anyone who would be concerned about VF's whereabouts. If I received a message like this my first thought would be why doesn't SS lend VF his phone so she can call her husband? Of course as noted in the middle of the vm we can here what sounds like screams. This should have raised immediate suspicions. This was one of which I believe were many red flags that were missed.

At some point they had to realize they were going to be killed. I have no words ....

No words indeed. Just overwhelming sadness and sorrow. But did they know then? Did they have a glimmer of hope in this normal occurrence? Yes, the lawn guys are here! MOO.

From the street view under the awning I see a single window to the left (4panes wide) 2 sets of 3 panes wide windows in the middle and a single window to the right (4panes wide). Now the 2 sets of three panes wide windows matches the second story window pattern but these could very well be french doors imo. If you look at the framing around the windows the ones in the middle have a larger frame. Usually doors have a larger frame.

In the archways are windows with window sills they aren't doors.

FWIW it's JMO :fence:

I agree, the ones under the archway aren't doors, they are windows...but they open like French doors, so I was going with it.

But I still don't see anything like the photo of the boot print, do you? Everything I see is fully paned.

It doesn't really matter. It's not like we are going to solve this by saying "AH HA! There is the door! That proves...absolutely nothing!" LOL!!

One thing I just thought about as far as the lawn crew being there the morning of the 14th... weren't the dogs outside all night and up till the time the firemen and LE arrived?? Seems lawn crew would have had to knock on door to ask AS or SS to bring dogs in?? Or, maybe the dogs were familiar with crew and friendly? IDK

Also, regarding the call SS made to VF's husband the evening of the 13th, a couple of thoughts-one, if it was after 9:15 pm, then that was after pizza was delivered. Not sure what, if anything to make of that, but we know they were all alive at that time then cuz PS can be heard on that recording. :(

Also, I wonder if Vera's husband tried to call to PS's number at some time after to ask to talk to her himself. If I got a call like that, I would think the caller would hand his phone to my spouse so we could talk?? Wonder if VF's husband called the next morning since he never heard from her?? And call went unanswered so he went over there?

None of this likely means much or helps anything, but just thought I'd share thoughts.

Are we to believe there was an actual lawn crew, unrelated to the perps, cutting grass that morning? OMG. Say it isn't so! Is there confirmation of this?

Lawn crews I've seen wear ear buds to block out the noise of the lawn equipment...remember the Luluman murder in Bethesda? The new Apple store was opening next store to Lulu...and the security guard had ear buds in...couldn't hear the women's screams (but the idiots working in the store could hear it, but did not call the cops)...
If you see how 'remote' the house actually is, even though it is close to the street...you could see how difficult it would be for anyone to cry for help..ie: no one walking by...

I agree, the ones under the archway aren't doors, they are windows...but they open like French doors, so I was going with it.

But I still don't see anything like the photo of the boot print, do you? Everything I see is fully paned.

It doesn't really matter. It's not like we are going to solve this by saying "AH HA! There is the door! That proves...absolutely nothing!" LOL!!

I can't see below the bushes so I don't know if the glass goes all the way down or if there is only glass on the upper half. Photo with the boot print is a double door but I have no clue if it's under the awning or on the interior..I don't know. I agree, we may not solve this based on the door, but I still like trying to figure this out with you guys. :happydance:

I know this is something we are avoiding because of the sheer terror or it but something that may provide more clues. Please excuse if this has been discussed but I haven't found it.

In the voice-mail that SS left, we hear little P in the background screaming. To me though, it's not just screams. He is saying something through the screams. Has anyone ever been able to decipher what he was saying! Was he trying to give a clue because he knew dad was on the phone and hopefully he would be heard? Just a thought...

I did have it saved when it originally surfaced.......I think on an NBC site. Honestly, I deleted it and wished I had never heard it.

I truly believe that SS had some hope at the beginning that the intruder was going to leave when he got the $. I think he was probably promised that all along too. That seems to be how these monsters work. Even though they know they are going to slaughter their victims, they pretend to show mercy, to get what they want. JMO

I know. And that is why I have spent so much time trying to study these windows! LOL! It just bugs me. Because that door knob doesn't look like an exterior door knob. Nor is what I see on the home look like that door. It looks like it could be MY exterior door - but the knob still bugs me - but not what this home had.

And of course, my opinion doesn't matter here...LOL!! It's just something that I have actually spent quite a bit of time looking at all of the photos I can to figure this out.
You have gotten a lot better angle on google earth than I could get. Now if you could just get rid of the bushes it would sure help. LOL I must of spent an hour moving the little cursor around the screen. But I guess in the long run all the looking on my part won't make a difference if the doors and windows have been changed since then.
It is odd to me that an exterior door doesn't have a keyhole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1