DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there was both...forced entry from outer, exterior door.

And my theory, regarding the boot print, was someone (possibly PS?) hiding behind a locked interior door. Though that picture doesn't show a knob that locks...maybe a slide bolt type lock on the other side of the door?

FPCYY.jpg

They ruled out that it was a Firefighter, so it must be Wint or some other intruder who kicked that interior door open.

Just my thoughts on the one piece of evidence we have actually seen. LOL!!

Yeah I agree that could be a possibility. I'm mostly confused as to why LE wouldn't say that. Everything I've seen reported (other than the picture) states it was an outside door, french style, broken pane, boot print on that door, and not a firefighter. It just seems really strange to me that they would be misleading on something like that. They also call them a set of french doors, which based on the picture of the boarded up door, also doesn't match- that looked like one door boarded up. Not a set.

If you look at the picture below of the door boarded up, just to the left is a set of what I would consider french doors- maybe both were broken on the outside? IDK...

SW here: (on page 6, number 5 on that page)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/267591727/Search-warrant-5

[video=twitter;606221258297098240]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606221258297098240[/video]

I thought the contractor or someone with similar alarm from same contractor noted that the door from kitchen to garage self-locks. We don't know what the interior side looks like.
Commercial-Keypad-Door-Locks.jpg

If it was a self-locking door, it would be something like this. And the other side would definitely not look the photo - no matter what the outside looked like.

Do we know how the cars were arranged in the driveway? Could it have been that SS had his oldest daughter park her car behind the Mosler since he wouldn't be driving it. Perhaps they couldn't get the Mosler out of the garage because daughter had her keys with her at boarding school.driveway.jpg

Yeah I agree that could be a possibility. I'm mostly confused as to why LE wouldn't say that. Everything I've seen reported (other than the picture) states it was an outside door, french style, broken pane, boot print on that door, and not a firefighter. It just seems really strange to me that they would be misleading on something like that. They also call them a set of french doors, which based on the picture of the boarded up door, also doesn't match- that looked like one door boarded up. Not a set.

If you look at the picture below of the door boarded up, just to the left is a set of what I would consider french doors- maybe both were broken on the outside? IDK...

[video=twitter;606221258297098240]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606221258297098240[/video]

That door is seen from google street view...and it is just like all of the other exterior doors - fully paned. That is DEFINITELY not the door we see in the photo. At least in my opinion.

I don't know why the very little that has been released in this case is so confusing, and reported wrong. It is mind boggling to me!

Do we know how the cars were arranged in the driveway? Could it have been that SS had his oldest daughter park her car behind the Mosler since he wouldn't be driving it. Perhaps they couldn't get the Mosler out of the garage because daughter had her keys with her at boarding school.View attachment 76064

I don't think having a 2 car garage and a 2 car driveway, when they owned 6 cars (if not more?) that they would have a car parked there that they didn't have the keys to. Not with street parking, and permits needed, etc.

That door is seen from google street view...and it is just like all of the other exterior doors - fully paned. That is DEFINITELY not the door we see in the photo. At least in my opinion.

I don't know why the very little that has been released in this case is so confusing, and reported wrong. It is mind boggling to me!

Ah, OK... I missed that detail in the door saga!

So strange how much is being misreported, but also so strange as to what LE is saying as well. The description of the doors and the picture of the door are both in that SW. It just does not compute to me!

I also wish more information would get released so I didn't care so much about a door.... but alas

IMO the double doors are under the striped awning. Usually there is a patio under a awning. JMO

IMO it looks like exterior double doors. Double doors because of the mullion in the center. To me the handle looks like exterior because of the weathering(not shiney brass like interior door)and it doesn't look like it's used often because there are no rub marks on the handle..imo. Double doors sometimes have a dummy handle used to open and close the door but usually have a dead bolt above but I can't tell from the picture. Could have glass panes on the upper halves of the doors but can't tell that either. fwiw JMO

something like these doors but SS View attachment 76063house much older version looking at all the paint on them

But that isn't the type of door that they had on that home. Nor is it the type of single hung door that is now missing from the home and replaced with plywood (photo in post below yours)

My friend had their Mercedes stolen, even though their son's Jeep was parked behind it in the drive, blocking it. The thieves just broke the jeeps window, put it in neutral and rolled it out of the way....

But that isn't the type of door that they had on that home. Nor is it the type of single hung door that is now missing from the home and replaced with plywood (photo in post below yours)

The picture I posted was to show you how double doors work. I did not say that was the exact door they had on the house. Double doors have a mullion. The picture clearly shows a mullion and not a door frame. The photo below imo does not state that was the door LE is referring to it just says: Plywood covers side door at #Savopoulos mansion. Police found a boot print.. It does not say police found a boot print on the plywood covered door. The plywood covered door looks like a single door. Most logical place for a double door in my opinion would be under the striped awning in the front. Usually people have double doors leading to a patio.

I'm not sure we know that there isn't security footage, but I agree that the fact they are looking for DVRs that might contain security footage is not a good sign.

The police chief mentioned early on that there was lots of video to review. I'm thinking several neighboring homes may have cameras that capture parts of SS home/driveway and the street...

I'm not sure the door knob is weathered so much as having fingerprint dust all over it..?

Ah, OK... I missed that detail in the door saga!

So strange how much is being misreported, but also so strange as to what LE is saying as well. The description of the doors and the picture of the door are both in that SW. It just does not compute to me!

I also wish more information would get released so I didn't care so much about a door.... but alas

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1snDkz2iYjbbfOICflnix0MA!2e0

This is the best I could get. If you scroll back towards the front of the house, you can see actual French door type windows/doors.

The ones on the side are single hung. I assume for continuity, they are also full paned windows (not sure they are doors - and probably aren't)

And it looks like all windows/doors were replaced sometime between 2009 and 2011. The street view from 2009 shows a different style window.

I'm not sure the door knob is weathered so much as having fingerprint dust all over it..?

You may be absolutely right! It still doesn't look like an exterior door knob to me though.

You may be absolutely right! It still doesn't look like an exterior door knob to me though.

The affidavit says twice iirc that it is an exterior door on the side of the residence.

My friend had their Mercedes stolen, even though their son's Jeep was parked behind it in the drive, blocking it. The thieves just broke the jeeps window, put it in neutral and rolled it out of the way....

I swear that the laugh that escaped my lips was not evil...but WTF?? That just solidifies to me anyway that thieves that want something will not let much stand in their way. That is just so pathetic...

Has it ever been released what time SS call or text JW to tell him that he needed him to pick up the package in the morning?

For some reason I think I recall JW texting back SS: got your message. I'll call you tomorrow when I pick up the package....at around 8:30 pm. Not sure if we know what time SS sent the message though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1