DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly believe that SS had some hope at the beginning that the intruder was going to leave when he got the $. I think he was probably promised that all along too. That seems to be how these monsters work. Even though they know they are going to slaughter their victims, they pretend to show mercy, to get what they want. JMO

ITA. SS had to have believed him. Because he had a number of opportunities to scream something out but he didn't.

This new page is such a nice place. I really appreciate it!

Again, on the street view, you can see that under the awning at the same single hung door/windows like on the side.

The French type doors are actually in the archways on either side of the front door.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s249y9IXwSS1F-e3rYssnAg!2e0

All I am saying is by looking at the actual home and the actual windows, none of the exterior windows/doors look like that photo with boot print. And, just my guessing, that the doors/windows around the back match the rest of the doors/windows around the front.

You can see people working near their house in the background of this Google Maps shot. I'm not saying there were people there all the time, but if they had work done this frequently, a person in a vest or someone around the house might not have raised that many flags at all.

Lawn crews I've seen wear ear buds to block out the noise of the lawn equipment...remember the Luluman murder in Bethesda? The new Apple store was opening next store to Lulu...and the security guard had ear buds in...couldn't hear the women's screams (but the idiots working in the store could hear it, but did not call the cops)...
If you see how 'remote' the house actually is, even though it is close to the street...you could see how difficult it would be for anyone to cry for help..ie: no one walking by...

I'm sure the lawn crew had no clue. But how eerie to think they were right there, mowing the lawn, right under the windows. An every day occurrence in neighborhoods across the nation. OMG. It just kills me. So close, yet so far away.

ITA. SS had to have believed him. Because he had a number of opportunities to scream something out but he didn't.

So sad. I agree. I think SS believed until near the end that he could somehow get them out of this alive, thought he could reason with DW. I also think, just from what others have stated they heard on the voicemail, that PS was a very brave kid.

Does anyone else think that if there are others involved that they may already be in jail on unrelated charges? I know so many times on our local news when they finally announce a major suspect they also say they are already in jail on unrelated charges. I always wonder if they pull them in for minor warrants, probation violations and such. This would sure give law enforcement investigators more time to make sure the charges stick. Also, it takes the criminal off the street while the case is built.

You can see people working near their house in the background of this Google Maps shot. I'm not saying there were people there all the time, but if they had work done this frequently, a person in a vest or someone around the house might not have raised that many flags at all.

Yup! In the 2009 street view the entire house is covered in scaffolding, and a new roof is being put on. Then the next street view in 2011 shows all new windows - so not sure if that was done when the roof was replaced in the 2009 view or not. Then like you said, in the May 2014, quite the crew. They have done quite a bit with outside landscaping - removing trees, changing shrub height, removing some. I think from the photos from the fire they have recently removed more shrubs.

Lots and lots of changes happening at that home. Plus, the contractor signs in the garage area from the fire photos as well as the interview with the contractor.

This whole thing is just so sad. And yes, it might even be a little creepy that we (ok I?) can detect all of these changes just through google street view. Maybe a lot creepy??

Another off the wall thought I have is I wonder if the ones involved in the convoy could of actually been working with LE to claim the reward money. IIRC it was $100,000. Since none were arrested that night.

Re: the lawn crew.
Initial reports stated a lawn crew was at the house that morning (14th)...many lawn crews just 'show up' and do not have 'set' times or dates...so it's possible Wint got the $$$ was ready to leave and then the lawn crew held him at the house and he got ticked off?
Or, more realistically, he'd damaged the family physically to the point they were almost dead and he killed them...

Yeah, mine just shows up every other Tuesday -- no set times. Sometimes it's as I'm leaving for work, other times it's in the afternoon. I don't call them, I have a standing arrangement and pay by mail once a month.

Yup! In the 2009 street view the entire house is covered in scaffolding, and a new roof is being put on. Then the next street view in 2011 shows all new windows - so not sure if that was done when the roof was replaced in the 2009 view or not. Then like you said, in the May 2014, quite the crew. They have done quite a bit with outside landscaping - removing trees, changing shrub height, removing some. I think from the photos from the fire they have recently removed more shrubs.

Lots and lots of changes happening at that home. Plus, the contractor signs in the garage area from the fire photos as well as the interview with the contractor.

This whole thing is just so sad. And yes, it might even be a little creepy that we (ok I?) can detect all of these changes just through google street view. Maybe a lot creepy??

Also of interest to me in these street views is the view of the driveway/garage. In some of them, you can see the garage has no cars in it with the doors open (2009 view), and I don't see any on the street (at least ones they currently had). In others, you can see one parked on the driveway with the doors closed and none on the street, which may still leave some cars unaccounted for- of course, some could be in the garage, and I don't know what cars they had when over the years. Maybe this does suggest they have an offsite garage or parking area somewhere- SS has the Mosler by 2009, I assume (??) and it's not visible in the garage.

Not sure what this means (well, it probably means nothing!)... just thinking out loud!

Does anyone else think that if there are others involved that they may already be in jail on unrelated charges? I know so many times on our local news when they finally announce a major suspect they also say they are already in jail on unrelated charges. I always wonder if they pull them in for minor warrants, probation violations and such. This would sure give law enforcement investigators more time to make sure the charges stick. Also, it takes the criminal off the street while the case is built.

I sure hope so. Can't stand the thought that any of them could still be out running the streets. :eek:

Do we know for certain that the lawn crew was actually verified as such?

Someone mentioned this very early on in the case. I just found some of it last night.... but, I don't think that we are allowed to discuss any of it.

Mods, can you please help? TIA

I won't discuss and do not think it relevant to the case. But no one can stop anyone from using google.

SS was a highly trained martial arts guy and highly trained in Kenjutsu. There is a mental conditioning that goes with this type of training. Calm, grounded, centered, focused.......which you can hear in that message. I'm sure he was caught off guard initially and then out numbered ultimately. I still think it's more than coincidence that they were stabbed as opposed to shot and that SS was so trained Kenjutsu. Wasn't wint found with a machete when arrested??? Probably from SS's collection and I bet he had one.

I'm sure every one of them has a "little shadow" 24 hours a day.

Again, on the street view, you can see that under the awning at the same single hung door/windows like on the side.

The French type doors are actually in the archways on either side of the front door.

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s249y9IXwSS1F-e3rYssnAg!2e0

All I am saying is by looking at the actual home and the actual windows, none of the exterior windows/doors look like that photo with boot print. And, just my guessing, that the doors/windows around the back match the rest of the doors/windows around the front.

BBM

Speaking of street view... Has anyone noticed the home next door? The one with all the windows open?? Doesn't seem very secure to me, but then... I would guess there are motion sensors that would still secure a premises even with open windows and doors.

Call me paranoid, I am a woman after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz