DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to this voicemail for the first time and I can't get over the huge red flags that were missed in this case.

SS leaves message saying that VF would be staying the night because AS is not feeling well. This is odd in itself but what he says next should have raised a red flag. He said VF's cell phone is dead and he doesn't have a charger for it so he asks NG to contact anyone who would be concerned about VF's whereabouts. If I received a message like this my first thought would be why doesn't SS lend VF his phone so she can call her husband? Of course as noted in the middle of the vm we can here what sounds like screams. This should have raised immediate suspicions. This was one of which I believe were many red flags that were missed.

And the family appears to have had a landline... It's such a shame NG didn't think, Couldn't she call on that?

I listened to this voicemail for the first time and I can't get over the huge red flags that were missed in this case.

SS leaves message saying that VF would be staying the night because AS is not feeling well. This is odd in itself but what he says next should have raised a red flag. He said VF's cell phone is dead and he doesn't have a charger for it so he asks NG to contact anyone who would be concerned about VF's whereabouts. If I received a message like this my first thought would be why doesn't SS lend VF his phone so she can call her husband? Of course as noted in the middle of the vm we can here what sounds like screams. This should have raised immediate suspicions. This was one of which I believe were many red flags that were missed.
VF could have already been dead at that point.

Does anyone else think that if there are others involved that they may already be in jail on unrelated charges? I know so many times on our local news when they finally announce a major suspect they also say they are already in jail on unrelated charges. I always wonder if they pull them in for minor warrants, probation violations and such. This would sure give law enforcement investigators more time to make sure the charges stick. Also, it takes the criminal off the street while the case is built.
It wouldn't surprise me if DC police are closely monitoring the folks DW was with when he was arrested to see if they pawn anything, are spending outside of their means or try to sell any items that may have been taken from the home on eBay or Craigslist. Sometimes allowing folks to think they've got away with it and police don't think they're involved will yield significant, solid evidence to charge them and solidify the case against DW.

VF was the one they took to the hospital and tried to revive. She sounds like she was the last one alive.
True. However that doesn't rule out the possibility that she had already suffered significant damage by that point.

Well according to NG these were "guard" dogs that could attack if you were a "stranger." There was a clip of the dogs in a previous board and well ... they didn't look like "mean" dogs ... sooo they probably were chill. No reports of neighbors hearing any barking or whining

According to VF's husband he just kept trying to call her & calls went straight to vm. He never mentions trying to call PS but went back home on the 14th to wait for PS to call back re: VF being @ hospital with AS, which we know was false.

Some dogs, even laid back ones, are reactive to strangers when walking on leash. Some bark when strangers come, but quickly warm up or do not attack. Although most of us would not call the family dogs "guard dogs," people define this differently. My chi/lab who weighs 20 lbs is a super "alarm dog." In any case, it seems the dogs were bypassed completely in entering the house.
What I do find strange is that dogs would not bark whine, scratch at doors to be let in at night. Outside enclosure with food? Treat-lured in and out of some sheltering space apart from the "action?"
If perpetrator/s attained info. on household or they "cased," then dogs' reactions and routine might have been a consideration in any planning. Otherwise, an accomplice or DW, the alleged perp, knew how to treat-lure dogs to comply with directions, knew by the look of the dogs they would not be a problem.
Would things have gone differently if two Rotties, Dobies, or my Chi in the yard? My Chi has xray hearing and any screaming or thumping, possibly the smell of strangers would have him barking, whining, scratching to get in. He barks from inside our apt. building at people talking near a block away outside and every time the downstairs lobby door opens or shuts. How would a perp know these dogs not like that? Maybe dog area far enough away from the house.
If victims kept upstairs, curtains and windows closed, maybe dogs none the wiser about goings on. Still, some arrangement likely had to be made for the dogs overnight and into the next day.
Dogs want food, water,walkies, daily habits observed. They react to change in routine. They might run about looking for guardians, bark when people pass to alert them that something is amiss.

Perpetrators are usually more afraid of barking than anything as barking dogs inside or outside a house attract attention.
What preparation did perps make to prevent barking? Or how did they know there would not be barking?

My guard dog.......Russian Military dog. If you offered him his teddy and a pet....you're in! Pitiful.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433826785.899417.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some dogs, even laid back ones, are reactive to strangers when walking on leash. Some bark when strangers come, but quickly warm up or do not attack. Although most of us would not call the family dogs "guard dogs," people define this differently. My chi/lab who weighs 20 lbs is a super "alarm dog." In any case, it seems the dogs were bypassed completely in entering the house.
What I do find strange is that dogs would not bark whine, scratch at doors to be let in at night. Outside enclosure with food? Treat-lured in and out of some sheltering space apart from the "action?"
If perpetrator/s attained info. on household or they "cased," then dogs' reactions and routine might have been a consideration in any planning. Otherwise, an accomplice or DW, the alleged perp, knew how to treat-lure dogs to comply with directions, knew by the look of the dogs they would not be a problem.
Would things have gone differently if two Rotties, Dobies, or my Chi in the yard? My Chi has xray hearing and any screaming or thumping, possibly the smell of strangers would have him barking, whining, scratching to get in. He barks from inside our apt. building at people talking near a block away outside and every time the downstairs lobby door opens or shuts. How would a perp know these dogs not like that? Maybe dog area far enough away from the house.
If victims kept upstairs, curtains and windows closed, maybe dogs none the wiser about goings on. Still, some arrangement likely had to be made for the dogs overnight and into the next day.
Dogs want food, water,walkies, daily habits observed. They react to change in routine. They might run about looking for guardians, bark when people pass to alert them that something is amiss.

Perpetrators are usually more afraid of barking than anything as barking dogs inside or outside a house attract attention.
What preparation did perps make to prevent barking? Or how did they know there would not be barking?

Exactly. The perps would not want the dogs outside barking. Maybe they did drug the dogs. It wouldn't surprise me if they had easy access to drugs.

Had to be some planning going into this crime. When DW entered this home, I'm thinking he was carrying duct tape and a sharp instrument. I doubt he just looked around for some after he broke in.

For JW - The police know more than I do.

I won't mind if it goes federal.

OMGosh!! Sooooo cute! Give that big love a big hug from me!

Lol......he's a great dog and we actually got him for "protection". But, as you can see, he's a sweeti. The saying "the bark is bigger than the bite" is true.....as you can see.

I also don't think it's common for families to leave their dogs outside over-night, hours on end in that neighborhood. I actually think that would draw the neighbors' attention more than anything else we've been told about the exterior of the house during the crime. Did the S family have an underground fence? Otherwise, I'd be very surprised the dogs stayed in the yard for that period of time.

Lol......he's a great dog and we actually got him for "protection". But, as you can see, he's a sweeti. The saying "the bark is bigger than the bite" is true.....as you can see.

He is a gorgeous baby! wow bowow!

Had to be some planning going into this crime. When DW entered this home, I'm thinking he was carrying duct tape and a sharp instrument. I doubt he just looked around for some after he broke in.

For JW - The police know more than I do.

I won't mind if it goes federal.

Here's a home invasion in San Jose CA on 5/8/15 and the two teen perps grab knives from the kitchen when they first enter the house.

[video=youtube;Vfi8vA4ybIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfi8vA4ybIA[/video]

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...t-arrested-evergreen-home-invasion?source=pkg

In the video, the two teens are seen entering the home through an unlocked sliding glass door. They made their way upstairs and later heard sounds coming from a bedroom, where two female relatives of the residents were watching a baby.

The teens, armed with knives, tried to force their way in and kicked a hole in the door, but the occupants then locked themselves in a bathroom and called 911, and the intruders eventually fled. No injuries were reported.

Here's a home invasion in San Jose CA on 5/8/15 and the two teen perps grab knives from the kitchen when they first enter the house.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...t-arrested-evergreen-home-invasion?source=pkg

In the video, the two teens are seen entering the home through an unlocked sliding glass door. They made their way upstairs and later heard sounds coming from a bedroom, where two female relatives of the residents were watching a baby.

The teens, armed with knives, tried to force their way in and kicked a hole in the door, but the occupants then locked themselves in a bathroom and called 911, and the intruders eventually fled. No injuries were reported.

Good video and I can understand a knife from the kitchen. That's why I mentioned the duct tape, not something just laying around. I've seen comments he was wearing gloves too. The timing, alarm system disabled, dogs outside, SS arrival times. It seems all too convenient.

JMO

I also don't think it's common for families to leave their dogs outside over-night, hours on end in that neighborhood. I actually think that would draw the neighbors' attention more than anything else we've been told about the exterior of the house during the crime. Did the S family have an underground fence? Otherwise, I'd be very surprised the dogs stayed in the yard for that period of time.

Well, I'm in California.....it's uncommon to leave dogs outside overnight. But, there are states that have absolutely no animal advocacy and if you leave your 10 lb yorki outside in the dead of winter.......no one cares. Anyway, I'm in the suburbs (HATE IT....I want a cow, and some land) but people complain ALL the time about their neighbors barking dog. I know I do and not because it bothers me in as much as I know their dogs are bored and bored and lonely dogs bark., which is a whole other topic. Maybe their dogs barked all the time anyway and it wasn't unusual. And even if I heard a barking howling dog, I would never equate the barking to the horror that was taking place. You know?

[video=youtube;Vfi8vA4ybIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfi8vA4ybIA[/video]

That's terrifying to watch (but they did not look very professional in their mannerisms). Good thing the ladies were able to lock themselves in their bedrooms. Unlike the video a couple of days ago where the lady was severely beaten.

I thought I read that the lawn crew as there on Wednesday morning. Then the dogs were let out and they were out all night. The firemen found them Thurs afternoon.
IIRC lawn crew came Th. morning and dogs were already out when they came. Have not seen any reports as to whether or not dogs out all night Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1