DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When DW was arrested, 2 knives were found in the car.
I think in all likelihood he brought knives with him.

You can see people working near their house in the background of this Google Maps shot. I'm not saying there were people there all the time, but if they had work done this frequently, a person in a vest or someone around the house might not have raised that many flags at all.

Thanks for posting this. I have looked at several Google maps of the S neighborhood posted here.

I woke up in the middle of the night, and realized that these are the most pristine curbs and sidewalks! Pristine! They look newly poured.
What year was this map? Some crew had to pour these, and that's work that requires being in an area for weeks...maybe DDW had a job with a concrete crew...day laborer...flagger for a construction crew...CDL driver???

Maybe it registered in my brain as I have a new driveway being poured as I write this.

A couple of thoughts. Pre coffee.

How could VF's husband not have seen the damaged door? Would it not raise concern? After not hearing from HER and her not coming home? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

The lawn crew uses gasoline for their equipment. IDK. This just bothers me.

How could VF's husband not have seen the damaged door? Would it not raise concern? After not hearing from HER and her not coming home? Maybe I'm just paranoid.

IIRC VF'S husband said he walked around to the back of the house. The damaged door is on the left hand side of the house as you face the front. He may not have gotten there.

Forced entry was discovered on side door.

I keep thinking that the boot print is made by someone coming through that door while someone else came through another door. Or it was done after the fact to make it look like a random home invasion with no insider involved.

I keep thinking that the boot print is made by someone coming through that door while someone else came through another door. Or it was done after the fact to make it look like a random home invasion with no insider involved.

Something about that print still doesn't sit right with me. While it looks like two prints it still seems "off" to me like it was done afterwards to make it look like a forced invasion.

Well, I'm in California.....it's uncommon to leave dogs outside overnight. But, there are states that have absolutely no animal advocacy and if you leave your 10 lb yorki outside in the dead of winter.......no one cares. Anyway, I'm in the suburbs (HATE IT....I want a cow, and some land) but people complain ALL the time about their neighbors barking dog. I know I do and not because it bothers me in as much as I know their dogs are bored and bored and lonely dogs bark., which is a whole other topic. Maybe their dogs barked all the time anyway and it wasn't unusual. And even if I heard a barking howling dog, I would never equate the barking to the horror that was taking place. You know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And I know from experience, calling the police on a barking dog in the middle of the night does not produce a SWAT team of response!!

I really do think that while there were clues, and it clearly went on for way too long, it just didn't go on long enough for anyone to be concerned. Too many different people had different pieces of the puzzle.

In most of our lives, we have a few key people we speak with regularly who might pick up on strange clues from us. This family was just surrounded by too many people to raise the alarm.

I truly hope none of them are feeling guilt for that. They honestly had no way of knowing what was happening!!!

VF's husband went first to the front door then walked around to the back door. The picture of the damaged door is a side door at the opposite end of the house from the garage.

I hadn't thought of that before but it's an interesting possibility.

I have, however, also thought that the bootprint was done after the fact to make it look like a forced entry for some reason (not necessarily because an insider was involved but just to throw off the investigators). To me it seems like, even on a side door, the perpetrator(s) wouldn't want to risk that a neighbor or passerby (or pizza delivery person or person who delivered $$--if those 2 things were part of the plan) would see the broken door and alert authorities, especially since the perp(s) was in the house 20+ hours.

That just seems like it would be very risky.

I still think the perp(s) gained access by either disguising themselves as utility workers/delivery men, etc. and knocking on the door or subduing VF or AS or PS and forcing them into the house. And that he/they kicked the door in/left the boot print after the crime, as he/they were leaving.

I hadn't thought of that before but it's an interesting possibility. I have, however, also thought that the bootprint was done after the fact to make it look like a forced entry for some reason (not necessarily because an insider was involved but just to throw off the investigators). To me it seems like, even on a side door, the perpetrator(s) wouldn't want to risk that a neighbor or passerby (or pizza delivery person or person who delivered $$--if those 2 things were part of the plan) would see the broken door and alert authorities, especially since the perp(s) was in the house 20+ hours.

It was a broken side door. Pizza delivery person went to the front. He wouldn't have seen the broken side door. Especially considering it's a very large house.

It was a broken side door. Pizza delivery person went to the front. He wouldn't have seen the broken side door. Especially considering it's a very large house.

Yeah, I agree it would be difficult to notice, based on pictures I've seen and reports of how large the house is. However, if I were a criminal in a home invasion such as this one, I'd be very paranoid about someone (if not pizza delivery guy, then lawn crew, neighbor, etc., there are many possibilities) seeing the broken door if I was in the house for 20+ hours. I just don't think most criminals would take that risk.

I don't think an impulsive killer like DW would even think of making the scene look like forced entry. He tried to erase evidence by torching the victims, the house, and the car. Not likely he would try to leave misleading clue like a boot print. Also DW was wearing tennis shoes. The boot print was most likely made by an accomplice.

Do we know if wint is a drug user?
Do we know if he separated all the victims in different rooms?

Yeah, I agree it would be difficult to notice, based on pictures I've seen and reports of how large the house is. However, if I were a criminal in a home invasion such as this one, I'd be very paranoid about someone (if not pizza delivery guy, then lawn crew, neighbor, etc., there are many possibilities) seeing the broken door if I was in the house for 20+ hours. I just don't think most criminals would take that risk.

Just wanted to add, I am not a criminal :))) And what seems like too big a risk to take to me probably doesn't hold much weight when trying to consider what DW would have done. I'm pretty sure I have no idea what his thought process would be like on any issue. So, it's entirely possible he would/did kick in the door and didn't worry about someone seeing it or just took his chances that no one would see it and unfortunately they didn't.

I don't think an impulsive killer like DW would even think of making the scene look like forced entry. He tried to erase evidence by torching the victims, the house, and the car. Not likely he would try to leave misleading clue like a boot print. Also DW was wearing tennis shoes. The boot print was most likely made by an accomplice.

On second thought, what you say here makes a lot of sense. I totally agree he was/is impulsive. Where I would worry about things like I stated above, he probably wouldn't/didn't and I think your assessment of the boot print/forced entry thing is probably way more accurate than mine was, based on what we know about DW. I was just speaking from my perspective and not thinking of it from his.

Do we know if wint is a drug user?
Do we know if he separated all the victims in different rooms?

I don't think that's been reported but I suspect he is a drug user.

We know at least that when the victims were found by firefighters, PS was in one bedroom and all 3 adults were in another bedroom so I think it's reasonable to assume that he did keep PS in a separate room from the other victims during the crime as well.

We know very little about Wint beyond his criminal record and his work history with AIW. We know he stayed at his Dad's for a day or two after the murders and that he went to Brooklyn, stayed with a GF and swapped phones with her upon hailing the $1000 livery cab to transport him back to DC. We know he was arrested with cash money, money orders, knives and cellphones. We do not know if he pumped up at a gym or in a home or if he used steroids or other drugs.

We do not know if he was the only intruder but we know that the three adult victims were found in chairs in one upstairs bedroom and the ten year old son, PS, was found burned alive in his bedroom (separated from the adults) and specifically in his bed.

Tennis shoes? How do you know? If you are talking about the video of someone running, I can't make heads or tails of what kind of shoes that person is wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight