DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be ... but is it strong enough, in the sense a juror could find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? If DW's defense raises enough reasonable doubt, the outcome could very well be different ... mistrial? hung jury? Hopefully not, but look at the Casey Anthony case. It will be interesting to see what evidence the prosecution is working with.
Enhanced video.
Casey Anthony had no criminal record, no violent history. A news article said the alleged perpetrator Wint has had 39 brushes with the law. She was a middle-class, young white woman who did not look threatening. As I recall, no way to place her at the scene of the murder itself. The evidence thus far against Wint (and there will be more) places him a the scene of the burning porsche, at the scene of the murders in the same room as the victims, shows clothing he was wearing when captured had the blood of a victim on it, suggests strongly that he was fleeing with ransom money. And this is just the evidence used to charge him before the crime scene was completely processed. More witnesses, most likely much more circumstantial evidence will emerge. JMO
Was the blood on the shoe evidence leaked or is LE on record as disclosing?

Yes, yet if the "blood on his shoe" leak is accurate it would mean that if the sneakers weren't what he was wearing at the time of the crime he changed back into the shoes he had been wearing which seems even odder.

That said, there's been a lot of inaccuracies in the media and she could have lied about what shoes he was wearing.

Interesting - I would guess those were the shoes he was wearing when he committed the crime, since blood was found on his shoes when he was arrested. I suppose it's possible that he changed out of them and then back into them, but it seems likely he just wore the same pair the whole time. It's a good thing criminals are often stupid.

It seems like every single time I post, I realize shortly afterward that some part of what I posted was not quite right--I think partially because this case is so convoluted but also partially because I am always multi-tasking so I don't read things carefully since I'm supposed to be working right now:) Sorry about that. I'll try to be more prudent about the things I post in the future. I don't want to contribute to making this case discussion any more confusing.

It's all good JB....I have the same problem. Lol....following along at work is next to impossible but I don't want to miss anything!

Interesting - I would guess those were the shoes he was wearing when he committed the crime, since blood was found on his shoes when he was arrested. I suppose it's possible that he changed out of them and then back into them, but it seems likely he just wore the same pair the whole time. It's a good thing criminals are often stupid.

It does make one wonder about the boot print on the door.

Somewhere (maybe here?) has wint has a 14 yr old child and quote, he would never hurt a child.........
I do not want child ever sleuthed..........just want to know if he has a child, ever married?
did he unmercifully murder Phillip?
Was there someone else there even meaner than wint??

Wint doesn't like children, never has children, his sister and his mother don't like children either.

Yes, yet if the "blood on his shoe" leak is accurate it would mean that if the sneakers weren't what he was wearing at the time of the crime he changed back into the shoes he had been wearing which seems even odder.

That said, there's been a lot of inaccuracies in the media and she could have lied about what shoes he was wearing.

I don't recall that it was ever disclosed what shoes the blood was found on. Ones he wore at arrest? Shoes found at the girlfriends apartment? Or dads house? In the car/truck they were traveling in?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/02/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings-suspect/
blood found on a shoe he was wearing when authorities arrested him.

Thank you!

More...

Now investigators say they have a new clue linking suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint to one of the victims: blood found on a shoe he was wearing when authorities arrested him.

Forensic analysis matched traces of blood on Wint's shoe to at least one of the murder victims, two law enforcement officials said. The officials would not specify which victim's blood was allegedly found on Wint's shoe.

Thank you!

More...

Now investigators say they have a new clue linking suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint to one of the victims: blood found on a shoe he was wearing when authorities arrested him.

Forensic analysis matched traces of blood on Wint's shoe to at least one of the murder victims, two law enforcement officials said. The officials would not specify which victim's blood was allegedly found on Wint's shoe.

bbm shoe it says, wonder if that is specific as in not a boot.

True. He was last seen by the gf in white tennis shoes. But several days later he is arrested and a "shoe" has blood on it but no color or style given...

Well, before his arrest he was supposedly last seen wearing sneakers (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/21...scale-dc-home/). As I said before I think it would be odd if he'd changed out of the footwear he was wearing at the time of the crime and then back into them. But it's certainly possible, perhaps the weather cooled off.

Enhanced video.
Casey Anthony had no criminal record, no violent history. A news article said the alleged perpetrator Wint has had 39 brushes with the law. She was a middle-class, young white woman who did not look threatening. As I recall, no way to place her at the scene of the murder itself. The evidence thus far against Wint (and there will be more) places him a the scene of the burning porsche, at the scene of the murders in the same room as the victims, shows clothing he was wearing when captured had the blood of a victim on it, suggests strongly that he was fleeing with ransom money. And this is just the evidence used to charge him before the crime scene was completely processed. More witnesses, most likely much more circumstantial evidence will emerge. JMO
Was the blood on the shoe evidence leaked or is LE on record as disclosing?

The video is still questionable as it doesn't directly place him at the scene. It's just a man wearing a hoodie that could be anyone. Something I'm sure his defense will argue. I believe they are headed in this direction as they brought up he didn't match the description given by W-3 regarding identity of man driving Porsche. They stated DW had dreads and not "short well groomed hair." Whatever "enhanced" video they have better show his face, if not ... DW's defense might have a strong case of reasonable doubt

Hopefully LE has stronger direct evidence linking DW to the crime. The S family & VF deserve justice.

That may be ... but is it strong enough, in the sense a juror could find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? If DW's defense raises enough reasonable doubt, the outcome could very well be different ... mistrial? hung jury? Hopefully not, but look at the Casey Anthony case. It will be interesting to see what evidence the prosecution is working with.

WAAAAY too early to speculate about evidence since almost none of the evidence LE has acquired has been released. And they aren't done.

I don't understand why anybody was beaten and tortured because you would think that Savvas Savopoulos would have been cooperative with Wint from the get-go knowing that his family was in peril. If Savvas Savopoulos was cooperative but Wint decided to kill everyone after he got the money, why did he torture the kid unmercifully? So he is just a sadistic monster. And if others were involved, why wouldn't Wint start talking to get the best deal he could with LE knowing that he is most assuredly going down for this horrific crime.

BBM

I was just going to post the same thought. If he had tennis shoes on in NYC, after he ditched his phone, why would he put on bloody shoe from the crime scene when he returned to DC? I'd think he would have ditched the shoes/clothing he had on during the crimes. Very odd.

As I recall when they released the picture of the bootprint they were looking for a match. That wouldn't be the case if they knew the shoes they seized from Wint, with the blood, matched. To me this is the strongest case for more than one assailant.

I don't understand why anybody was beaten and tortured because you would think that Savvas Savopoulos would have been cooperative with Wint from the get-go knowing that his family was in peril. If Savvas Savopoulos was cooperative but Wint decided to kill everyone after he got the money, why did he torture the kid unmercifully? So he is just a sadistic monster. And if others were involved, why wouldn't Wint start talking to get the best deal he could with LE knowing that he is most assuredly going down for this horrific crime.

Would you be willing to give him life with a possibility of parole as a deal?

The video is still questionable as it doesn't directly place him at the scene. It's just a man wearing a hoodie that could be anyone. Something I'm sure his defense will argue. I believe they are headed in this direction as they brought up he didn't match the description given by W-3 regarding identity of man driving Porsche. They stated DW had dreads and not "short well groomed hair." Whatever "enhanced" video they have better show his face, if not ... DW's defense might have a strong case of reasonable doubt

Hopefully LE has stronger direct evidence linking DW to the crime. The S family & VF deserve justice.

Wint hasn't been charged with the theft or arson of the Porsche and perhaps the reason is because his defense can say it isn't conclusively him. His defense right now should be focused on the murder with a weapon charge. That alone can get him the maximum penalty.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member