DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been reported that he has a drinking problem. Most of his arrests were after an incident where drinking was involved.

Tennis shoes? How do you know? If you are talking about the video of someone running, I can't make heads or tails of what kind of shoes that person is wearing.

DC police were able to make a positive ID of him from enhanced version of the video and in fact described him as wearing tennis shoes in the wanted poster.

Somewhere (maybe here?) has wint has a 14 yr old child and quote, he would never hurt a child.........
I do not want child ever sleuthed..........just want to know if he has a child, ever married?
did he unmercifully murder Phillip?
Was there someone else there even meaner than wint??

DC police were able to make a positive ID of him from enhanced version of the video and in fact described him as wearing tennis shoes in the wanted poster.

The video doesn't even show his face. At least the one they showed to the public. Are they saying there is some other video?

The video doesn't even show his face. At least the one they showed to the public. Are they saying there is some other video?

I certainly hope LE has another video. DW's defense could raise reasonable doubt by stating the video isn't a positive ID because it doesn't show his face - just a person wearing a hoodie.

I certainly hope LE has another video. DW's defense could raise reasonable doubt by stating the video isn't a positive ID because it doesn't show his face - just a person wearing a hoodie.

Video isn't the only evidence against him.

Tennis shoes? How do you know? If you are talking about the video of someone running, I can't make heads or tails of what kind of shoes that person is wearing.

I just assumed the poster said that DW was wearing tennis shoes during the crime since it was reported that when DW was arrested, he was wearing tennis shoes with blood from the victim(s) them, not that the tennis shoes could be seen in the video of the perp leaving the church parking lot.

Video isn't the only evidence against him.

That may be ... but is it strong enough, in the sense a juror could find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? If DW's defense raises enough reasonable doubt, the outcome could very well be different ... mistrial? hung jury? Hopefully not, but look at the Casey Anthony case. It will be interesting to see what evidence the prosecution is working with.

Still nothing new, huh???

Is it possible we get nothing more until Wint's hearing? What is that, BTW?

It's been reported that he has a drinking problem. Most of his arrests were after an incident where drinking was involved.

That was reported? I remember reading here someone's speculation but haven't seen that reported. Can you post a link please?

I just assumed the poster said that DW was wearing tennis shoes during the crime since it was reported that when DW was arrested, he was wearing tennis shoes with blood from the victim(s) them, not that the tennis shoes could be seen in the video of the perp leaving the church parking lot.

I'm sorry to keep quoting you but it was reported that he was wearing tennis shoes? I thought they just said that blood was found on his shoes? I don't recall them specifying what kind... Can you post a link?

I'm sorry to keep quoting you but it was reported that he was wearing tennis shoes? I thought they just said that blood was found on his shoes? I don't recall them specifying what kind... Can you post a link?

Here's one place:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/2...spect-in-quadruple-murder-at-upscale-dc-home/

A $25,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Wint's arrest. Authorities said he was last seen wearing blue jeans, a blue-hooded sweatshirt and white tennis sneakers. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call police immediately at 202-727-9099.

It's OK! Also, I think this was the first time you quoted me! Your other quote was from someone else's post (facundo?). Anyway, here is a link (http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/02/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings-suspect/) that says when DW was arrested he was wearing tennis shoes with blood that forensic analysis matched to 'at least one of the murder victims.'

Edited to add. whoops! I just re-read and realized it doesn't specifically say 'tennis shoes!' I guess when I read it I wanted it to say tennis shoes just because that would fit w/ what we already knew (when the police originally put out their 'wanted suspect' information they included 'white tennis shoes' in the description of what the perp was wearing. So I guess in my head I just read the story linked above as saying he was arrested wearing those same shoes w/ blood on them.) But they could be any kind of shoes.

It seems like every single time I post, I realize shortly afterward that some part of what I posted was not quite right--I think partially because this case is so convoluted but also partially because I am always multi-tasking so I don't read things carefully since I'm supposed to be working right now:) Sorry about that. I'll try to be more prudent about the things I post in the future. I don't want to contribute to making this case discussion any more confusing.

Yes. That's what his gf described him wearing when he left her apartment

Yes, yet if the "blood on his shoe" leak is accurate it would mean that if the sneakers weren't what he was wearing at the time of the crime he changed back into the shoes he had been wearing which seems even odder.

That said, there's been a lot of inaccuracies in the media and she could have lied about what shoes he was wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1