DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been curious why we haven't seen the release of anymore search warrants, and
If we will? I'm most interested in W2's SW and return. Is this a strategy the LE's normally take? Keeping things so close to the vest?

Unfortunately, I fear we may not know a lot more until trial. Maybe a few things will be released or leaked if they make another arrest, but once a suspect is named and LE is satisfied that they have solved the case, my experience is that LE has no reason to release anything that they aren't forced to release by the press/FOIA requests.

Seems they would have gotten the info from him.

He's given the wrong name in the past so he can't be trusted. Now that there is an immigration hold on him, I think it should be corrected. He isn't an American citizen.

JMO

unfortunately, i fear we may not know a lot more until trial. Maybe a few things will be released or leaked if they make another arrest, but once a suspect is named and le is satisfied that they have solved the case, my experience is that le has no reason to release anything that they aren't forced to release by the press/foia requests.

ita...

I agree. They don't look like white tennis shoes, though it's hard to tell. One thing I thought of was that his gf could have given a false description of him/what he was wearing. So when they were searching for him, they could have said they were looking for a suspect with white tennis shoes/hoodie, etc. but he could have actually been wearing something else and gf lied about it to protect him. Of course, he also could have changed clothes/shoes after leaving NY. However, as someone else pointed out before, it doesn't make sense that he would have changed back into the shoes he wore during the crime (the ones he was arrested in w/ blood on them). I know he has proven himself not to be that bright but come on...why on earth would he a) come back to DC, b) wear the same shoes he wore during the crime c) have knives (that I'm presuming, although I know it hasn't been reported so it's just speculation) that were possibly tied to the crime in the car w/ him??? Why would he not discard the clothes/shoes/weapons after the crime? So weird.

In the video posted by TexMex (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...olice-say.html), as noted by TexMex (sorry don't know gender, I guess I could use LE convention and call TexMex "IT") at around 58s you get a view of the shoes. They actually look like Timberlands to me!

In the Porsche-fire video, on the other hand, the shoes look like dark-colored running shoes with white soles to me.

He's given the wrong name in the past so he can't be trusted. Now that there is an immigration hold on him, I think it should be corrected. He isn't an American citizen.

JMO

BBM. He's not? How would he be able to work and apply for the Marines if he wasn't an American citizen?

Does anyone think the leaks in the press about DW being flagged for deportation, and
the possibility that the death penalty might be put on the table could possibly be a strategy to coerce DW or possible accomplices to come forward? Knowing that DW would be deported, a plea could be offered?

Interesting that he is described as African American when he is neither from Africa or America.

JMO

The color of his skin makes him AA. That's just like if a person has a "drop" of AA blood they are considered "black"/AA in the United States.

I was listening to something on NPR not that long ago and they were saying, "who buys an insanely expensive vacuum cleaner from a door-to-door salesperson?" and the answer was that lonely elderly people will and often like having a friendly salesperson spend some time with them. I personally have only had two door-to-door salespeople that I can think of in the last 5-10 years -- one security and another a bug eradication service and both of those have been in my current neighborhood. Salespeople from large organizations are very targeted in where they go (the salesperson from the security company had a list of all the residences and names of the people and knew things like whether each house had a current monitoring contract and when their systems were installed - I know because he said with great confidence that mine was 24 years old, which was astonishingly accurate except that I had had a new one installed just a month previously) which is why (probably) few of us has ever seen a vacuum cleaner salesperson. And it seems weird for the SS neighborhood where the demographic isn't overwhelmingly elderly and where it seems most people have help who are the ones doing the vacuuming anyway. A vacuum cleaner salesperson there seems out of place to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are the kirby vacum cleaners they are probably the best ones, not to mention REALLY expensive. I would guess that might actually be a great neighborhood for them to sell. I know they come to my house once a year, I have not bought one although i would really like to. A few of my neighbors have and i'm jealous. lol If i'm not mistaken they don't sell them in stores.

In the video posted by TexMex (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...olice-say.html), as noted by TexMex (sorry don't know gender, I guess I could use LE convention and call TexMex "IT") at around 58s you get a view of the shoes. They actually look like Timberlands to me!

In the Porsche-fire video, on the other hand, the shoes look like dark-colored running shoes with white soles to me.

Sorry, but everytime I see that word "IT" I think of that Stephen King book/movie IT about the killer clown

someone liked dogs and no people...killer......no harm to animals........JMOO

Just like Gary Hilton who killed Meredith Emerson on Blood Mountain in Georgia. After kidnapping Meredith and her dog he killed Meredith but released her dog in a parking lot. He said he could not bring himself to kill her dog as they had spent several good days together, but he had no problem killing Meredith.

The house is absolutely 100% in Mass Ave Heights. I realize the media has been reporting it as Woodley Park but they are wrong. I think Woodley Park sounds better and oddly people haven't heard of Mass Ave Heights. I can't see the map you posted clearly but if you pull up a map of DC neighborhoods it will be clear. They lived in Mass Ave Heights. Period.

I don't know which map services people use, but I find lots of mistakes on Google Maps, so people should check with a second map site just to be sure. Yesterday, the 'new' map showed a restaurant that had been razed and built into a car dealership 28 years ago. (I lived three miles away) That's only the latest error, but it's a whopper and it creates misinformation.

I trust information from someone who actually lives there or nearby.

Just like Gary Hilton who killed Meredith Emerson on Blood Mountain in Georgia. After kidnapping Meredith and her dog he killed Meredith but released her dog in a parking lot. He said he could not bring himself to kill her dog as they had spent several good days together, but he had no problem killing Meredith.

I'm sort of ashamed to say that when I hear about a house fire, the first thing that I think is, "Oh my god, I hope no dogs were trapped in there."

BBM. He's not? How would he be able to work and apply for the Marines if he wasn't an American citizen?

Wint was never a Marine. He was a wannabe, but dropped out. (Probably because it was too much work.) "The Marine Corps confirms that Witt signed up for boot camp at Parris Island, South Carolina from July to September 2001 but dropped out. He never earned the title of Marine." --http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/daron-wint-dc-quadruple-murder-suspect/27774899/

Well, I learn something new every day:

Only U.S. citizens or foreign nationals legally residing in the United States with an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card ("Green Card" -- INS Form I-151/551) may apply. Applicants must speak, write and read English fluently.

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/marine-corps-recruiting-faqs.html#U.S. citizen

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/noncitizen.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/noncitizen.htm

Wint was never a Marine. He was a wannabe, but dropped out. (Probably because it was too much work.) "The Marine Corps confirms that Witt signed up for boot camp at Parris Island, South Carolina from July to September 2001 but dropped out. He never earned the title of Marine." --http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/daron-wint-dc-quadruple-murder-suspect/27774899/

Well, I learn something new every day:

Only U.S. citizens or foreign nationals legally residing in the United States with an Immigration and Naturalization Service Alien Registration Card ("Green Card" -- INS Form I-151/551) may apply. Applicants must speak, write and read English fluently.

http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/marine-corps-recruiting-faqs.html#U.S. citizen

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/noncitizen.htm

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/noncitizen.htm

Well, I did say "apply for the Marines".

Has anyone on this thread EVER seen a door-to-door vacuum salesman? I mean, since the 1950s? That is such a weird detail. Is there someplace where vacuum cleaner salesmen are still common?

Yes......constantly, lol. I'm in the suburbs of the Bay Area and a van will show up, drop off "salesmen" and they spread out. Sometimes at 8:00 at night. Everyone is bothered by it and the police get flooded with calls. I still don't get why anyone would let them in. It's crazy. They knock on your door with a spray bottle and NO vacuum and tell you if you'll just them show you a demo, they get a bonus. Please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another idea regarding the dogs. It's very possible the dogs were outside when the perp/s arrived. In fact, that could have been one thing he waited for before entering the house. Dogs cannot be made to comply in the same manner people can be.

Once the dogs were outside, I would not think the perp wanted anything more to do with the pets. Not that the perp cared about the dogs, simply did want to be bothered. Thus, the reason the dogs were saved from the house fire.

Now what bothers me about this is dogs can hear much better than we can. Had there been crying or other distress noise coming from the home, wouldn't the dogs bark or howl? This is the part I'm having problems with, however we don't know if the dogs did put up a fuss.

Why did these criminals spend so much time in that home?

Yes......constantly, lol. I'm in the suburbs of the Bay Area and a van will show up, drop off "salesmen" and they spread out. Sometimes at 8:00 at night. Everyone is bothered by it and the police get flooded with calls. I still don't get why anyone would let them in. It's crazy. They knock on your door with a spray bottle and NO vacuum and tell you if you'll just them show you a demo, they get a bonus. Please.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if perhaps either DW or his accomplice just went right up to the front door, rang doorbell or knocked or whatever, VF or AS answered, thinking maybe it was a salesman or something...meanwhile the other perp was kicking in the side door. I don't think it would have been that difficult for DW to break in on his own and subdue his victims one by one but it would have been even easier if he had an accomplice and if they both were trying to invade the home at the same time at different entrances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet81bet