DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is actually a good point TexMex. They could be tied back and he would look "clean cut".

I am pretty sure - I wouldn't stake my life, but... - that is him. Based on other photos we have of him.

It does. I don't know...it does look like other pics but no dreads. Pulled back...certainly possible. Does his brother closely resemble him? Brother have dreads too?

There had to be tons of blood splatters. This crime is truly horrifying!!! Is it possible the suspect(s) brought a change of clothes and showered? I have an image stuck in my head of the monsters going through SS closet for clean clothes. I do wonder as well as how this crime seem to escalate in the last three hours.

Besides the obvious viciousness and violence of this case, the saddest part for me is Phillip being alone in another bedroom.

Yes, there was no inventory attached to the file I found. I don't know if that's the only copy of the file out there.

I don't see the inventory sheet for what was taken from the house either. I was really hoping that would be there. That would give us a better understanding as to what evidence was collected and might indicate if more than just DW was involved.

It does. I don't know...it does look like other pics but no dreads. Pulled back...certainly possible. Does his brother closely resemble him? Brother have dreads too?

I did view his brother's page before it was deleted. He looked clean cut. From what I can recall, he does not closely resemble DW. Slimmer, clean cut and liked fancy clothes.

There had to be tons of blood splatters. This crime is truly horrifying!!! Is it possible the suspect(s) brought a change of clothes and showered? I have an image stuck in my head of the monsters going through SS closet for clean clothes. I do wonder as well as how this crime seem to escalate in the last three hours.
I do wonder if he did change into some of SS's clothes. Are they close to the same size. He may have burnt his clothes and boots in the house fire thinking he was burning all the evidence. Then he stepped in a pool of blood.

Brother was light skinned right? I think I may have peeped his page. Is that the one who was giving the middle finger?

He was light skinned. However, I do not recall the middle finger pic. I was viewing multiple profiles at the time. Unfortunately, many deleted their profiles within minutes of one another.

But that is not him at 58 secs in that video. at the time of his arrest, he did not have on a dark hoodie.

Darron+Wint+Arrest.jpg
NBC News ‏@NBCNews [video=twitter;608772643857268736]https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/608772643857268736[/video]
Bloody baseball bat found at murdered family's D.C. mansion http://nbcnews.to/1F9w59k

I quoted you for the pic.

I do wonder if he did change into some of SS's clothes. Are they close to the same size. He may have burnt his clothes and boots in the house fire thinking he was burning all the evidence. Then he stepped in a pool of blood.

Looking at his photos posted with his obituary, he does not look extremely tall. Maybe 5' 7" to 5' 9"?

Same article in the link above says, "The document, unsealed in DC Superior Court earlier today, notes that detectives observed a surveillance camera on the exterior of the home. ABC News reported earlier that the recording system for that camera appeared to have been removed from the home."

I hope the warrant is posted.

May we take a moment to honor the lives of the four victims.

:grouphug:

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

:heartluv: :heartluv: :heartluv: :heartluv:​

The level of evil is endless; the height in brutality is unimaginable. This is deja vu back to the Charley Manson crimes. No. It's worse. Philip. :balloons:

:behindbar: :behindbar:​

Hopefully, there is hair or fibers in addition to the DNA on the pizza crust...even touch DNA or sweat on some napkin or towel or something...if there were helpers then something has got to be there. Now, about that water bottle, it would seem there would be DNA on the sipping part of the bottle.

Hello blueeyes,

Former Marine here and I know some things have changed. Back in my time with the draft lottery and sometimes a felon entering about the only way out would be for a medical injury or psychiatric diag. I sure it happens on rare occasion but they'll also set people back for retraining or ship them off to motivation platoon to move mounds of sand. (an attitude check) If someone is having trouble on a force march they expect others in the platoon to get them through it.

My gut feeling is he had a personality flaw and was just not compatible in getting along with others. The Marines will get a person in shape, many hundreds and thousands of bends and thrust with pushups can be done in 13 weeks. I saw two dropouts due to medical reasons (a drill instructor injured a recruit by putting a boot in his back doing push-ups.

Times have changed though but I don't think too much.

Semper Fi

Thank you for your service. Once a Marine .......always a Marine. Semper Fi!

It isn't uncommon for recruits to have serious injuries while in boot camp as you probably are well aware. I have read only 5% choose to stay in if they sustain an injury in boot camp. If they decide to stay in they are known as Wounded Warriors for it takes much courage and fortitude to go forward at all cost to be a United States Marine. Most all of the others decide to go home instead and try to get a medical opt out.

A lot of them just don't make the grade.

I think by then the DIs were probably seeing psychological issues with Wint that they knew would not work well with being a Marine. If he was hurt in MCBC.... instead of them encouraging him to stay in they probably told him the best thing would be to leave. This way they got rid of him before he graduated and became a Marine.

IMO

This report seems to indicate that his separation from the Marines was not voluntary.
"He joined the Marine Corps that same year and was discharged for medical reasons, the records show. Wint was at Parris Island for boot camp from July 24, 2001 to Sept 28, 2001, but never graduated from recruit training," Marine Corps spokesman Capt. Eric Flanagan said.
http://usmclife.com/2015/05/marine-veteran-arreste...or-quadruple-murder-and-arson/

At time of this Search Warrant, the body in the second bedroom had not been identified as Philip. So sad, the condition of the body was such that the Warrant described it as an adult individual (gender unknown.)

I agree. I read early on that the person taken to the hospital -- who we now know to be VF -- was bleeding from the head and neck. Sounds like same method for the women, but a different one for SS and yet a different one for PS. I wonder why? If you're a deranged thief, there for money and only money, why personalize the murder method to the victim?

I think DW was deranged, had a lot of simmering rage, and enjoyed torturing his 'rich' victims. JMO

Question... do you all think that DW had done anything to the S's before the phone calls? The last time someone physically spoke to SS was Thursday morning. I'm guessing if DW hit him with a bat before then, he could not speak so clearly? Head wounds bleed ALOT. He would have been disoriented IMO. I think those poor people were alive until right before the fire.

JMO It depends, I know someone that got hooked/addicted to heroin in germany while serving in the army and they got an honorable discharge. Like some places oif employment, they let you quit instead of being fired. jmo idk

Thank you :) It was a genuine question, I wasn't implying anything. I wonder if it's like the word "terminated" to describe someone who no longer works somewhere. Terminated and discharged don't necessarily mean fired, just separated from service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1