DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he getting benefits for sure?
You have to be in at least 9 months I think. Ok. IDK, but that's how it was for a friend during Vietnam war. He was non-combat, had been in 9 months, did get benefits after hon. discharge for med reasons, but I understand JUST made it as to how long must serve o be eligible. I AM HORRIBLY ANGRY THIS MONSTER WAS NOT IN PRISON BEFORE HE HAD A CHANCE TO BECOME THE ALLEGED PERP.

I hope the girls are shielded from these brutal facts leaking out today. :cry:

Reading this literally makes me sick to my stomach. What a horrible evil person he truly is. I have always thought bludgeoning a victim/s to death is the cruelest most sadistic way to murder.

Its horrifying to think what he put his four victims through before they died.

He is an evil evil man.:mad:

IMO

ITA. I think DW wanted to murder them in the most hideous way he could. Some had to watch the others be murdered knowing they would be murdered the same way. There's a lot I'd like to say about DW, but I'd get a timeout.

Okay, I know it's probably been theorized before on here but I can't find it. So, if there were others with DW that did this and the clean cut guy took the Porsche and burned it......why weren't there 2 people in the car? I mean, how did DW get out of there once the fire started? Did they take the Porsche because they were ultimately without a ride in the end? If you've never been in the Porsche, there's not a reason to burn it. It seems the only reason the Porsche was torched was because there was evidence in it. The only way there would be would be if SS was actually encountered at the dojo and someone was with him in the Porsche, right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps the others were in a different vehicle and the clean cut guy was chosen to destroy the Porsche since it was directly linked to the family. Maybe they were cocky enough to think the other vehicle would not be in the chain of discovery. No idea. Given the blood evidence, accerlerant used to ignite the fire, I feel more than one vehicle or mode of transportation was utilized IMO.

I think the family already knows all the facts of this case or is given updates regularly.

I think the family has been aware of the details since the first day. There would have been extensive interaction between police and the family in the investigation.

"In documents explaining the charges against Wint, police write that he did not act alone and had the help of more than one person." This is the last sentence in this article.

I still believe one of the perps is a woman.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/search-warrants-bloodied-bat-found-at-house-in-d-c-quadruple-murders/

I can see that one might so suspect because if another entering point, a knock and enter, a woman would not raise suspicion. As well, DW found with women. When I studied forensic psych, my subject was female sex offenders and I have always felt that our knowledge of violence is incomplete without more research into violent women and with the tendency of LE and experts to conclude that women "go along with" or are coerced by a violent male partner. Certainly, women figure into brutal child murders, and horrific child abuse, usually of their own. How I hate to think, despite real-world stats, that any woman could have stood to witness little PS's suffering.

I think they as well as other family members were told the details before the media was. I can't even begin to imagine ... :(

I think LE will share details with one adult member of the family and leave it to them to decide what is shared with the children. These are gruesome details that could further traumatize them.

JMO

I think the family has been aware of the details since the first day. There would have been extensive interaction between police and the family in the investigation.

Could be. Yet, in so many cases, survivors complain that LE does not share nearly enough info. with them or are shocked at the details they discover in the trial. I do think family would be told before this information was unsealed and made public.

I think they as well as other family members were told the details before the media was. I can't even begin to imagine ... :(

I don't think the girls need to be told about the baseball bat yet. :no:

I don't think the girls need to be told about the baseball bat yet. :no:

I get that...but if I were the girl's guardians right now, I would tell them before they hear it somewhere else! At least I could talk to them and help them process. I would rather hear it from someone I trust than the media.

I think LE will share details with one adult member of the family and leave it to them to decide what is shared with the children. These are gruesome details that could further traumatize them.

JMO

Maybe, but the older daughter is an adult at 19. And this has been in the media, so I doubt the daughters' would not have been told.

Could be. Yet, in so many cases, survivors complain that LE does not share nearly enough info. with them or are shocked at the details they discover in the trial. I do think family would be told before this information was unsealed and made public.

True, before the trial. But we have a long time before then, imo. And I think the young girls are still to fragile to imagine the baseball bat just yet. JMO

Maybe, but the older daughter is an adult at 19. And this has been in the media, so I doubt the daughters' would not have been told.

I doubt LE have told the daughters anything directly. I think it more likely the information came from the Prosecutor's office to the parents of SS and AS a month ago as search warrants were being obtained.

JMO

Just to clarify, it doesn't say they "found" diagrams,....it says as part of their warrant that they are "looking" for diagrams, hair, fiber, etc. to my knowledge, there weren't any diagrams found.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right. They have a reason to look for particular items though, sometimes out of thoroughness (cover anything that could be related to ransom money as in bank receipts, bundle bands etc.) and sometimes because of ideas/theories they have based on observations, evidence, witness statements, and facts, we, the public, have not been told about. I am thinking this the situation re: "diagrams" being listed. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1