DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to mention we are not supposed to sleuth NG according to MODS. Just meant to be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoops- NT not NG!!!! Sorry...

She says "Thank God that I saved my life" that is either bad English or perhaps she inadvertently gave some truth away.

Oh wow! Freudian slip!!!

Here she is saying she was supposed to be there, but didn't go because of AS' text that morning. Never mind that she had already made arrangements with SS and had set up another house to clean on Thursday... Geez!

1:15

http://wn.ktvu.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

Check out this video at 1:35. http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...te-after-family-killed-and-house-set-on-fire/ NG tells MSM she was supposed to be there on Thursday, but didn't go because of SS' call. (Story #2) Is that her at the house after the fire at 1:43?

I'm going through as much video from the fire as I can find to see if NG or JW can be seen.

IMO this is a HUGE, HUGE clue, someone new the housekeeper would not be arriving
that Thursday as usual schedule. I wonder what time NG typically arrived on weekdays... Was it 7am? Like VF?

In response to the idea that it would be a good alibi for JW to be at the dojo:

I totally agree.

I thought it odd that LE would not report when he was at the dojo, because LE did report other facts around his timeline that supported his alibi, like being seen on video in the hardware store as well as that cell phone pings put him in VA at 1:34.

So far it has not been reported that anyone saw him at the dojo at all. It was JW's account to LE that he was going to work in the dojo on Thurs after dropping off the cash. (And "I think" he contacted an administrator to say that was intention, IMO.) But, again, some people believe that all of what JW has said has checked out due to the that he has not been arrested. So that's something to consider.

Good catch. I think that's her waving her phone around.

Weren't there several calls From SS to NG? I wonder if it wasn't DW talking to her. I feel like there was too much communication when a simple text would've sufficed.

Speaking of neighbors, what do you think the neighbor saw that made him stop his car on Wednesday? (Was it Wednesday or Thursday?) Someone said siphoning gas, but I think that would make someone call police. Any ideas?

Could It have been VF's Husband pounding on the front door?

Agree that we don't know if W-2 is JW's girlfriend, but I believe Autobahn "confirmed" that ACB is JW's girlfriend. I assumed that by taking down all her SM that she was in hiding with JW. He may have hired a lawyer (I would hope so!) but not announced it to the press. He has been putting up and taking down a few things on one of his much less used SM accounts. I don't think he'll be able to help himself for long - he needs the attention, so I think we'll start hearing something from/about him soon.

I feel like Autobahn is a nexus of the crime. I am absolutely amazed that management told the employees not to talk, and up to this point it seems like they really have not! I feel like not only did SS and PS meet JW there, but other criminal connections may have been made - I'm not saying other Autobahn employees, but maybe customers/friends/etc.

I keep wondering if W2 will turn out to be NG. There's nothing in the text that makes it clear that W2 is JW's girlfriend. How/when did JW tell NG he made the delivery? Surely LE spent a fair amount of time talking with NG, so why no SWs or documents around her? Even if they had zero suspicions about her, they would have to clear her, as someone working in the home who was called/texted more than once from the crime scene over two days. They would need to be sure why she didn't go to work on Thursday (because of SS/AS VMs/texts or prior arrangement with SS?) when that was one of her usual days. They would want to know if she did or did not have prior knowledge of a cash drop. They'd want her take on other people she saw at the house in the days and weeks leading up to the crime. We've seen a lot of NG in MSM, but zilch from LE. Why is that?

I keep thinking that if JW's lady friend is the media and marketing person at Autobahn, she should have social media training. From the beginning, I've believed that is a big part of the reason the SM accounts for everyone have been so well managed to reduce Internet footprints.

Weren't there several calls From SS to NG? I wonder if it wasn't DW talking to her. I feel like there was too much communication when a simple text would've sufficed.

I haven't seen that, only that one vm message from SS to NG and the text from AS to NG. FWIW

IMO this is a HUGE, HUGE clue, someone new the housekeeper would not be arriving
that Thursday as usual schedule. I wonder what time NG typically arrived on weekdays... Was it 7am? Like VF?

I've wondered if maybe nobody was supposed to be home - and I'm looking at Wednesday here, not Thursday - because I think Thursday was not intended. PS was supposed to be back at school. The HK whose initials I shan't mention was going to be at the dojo Wednesday. Maybe VF was an unknown and they didn't realize she would be there. Where was AS supposed to be? Who enters a home in the middle of the afternoon like that? Maybe somebody who thought it was going to be empty? I'm still hashing this around in my head.

I agree with you that the very specific timing of this crime is very fishy, and to me it screams "insider information." That insider may or may not have known a crime was going to be committed (hence, it could be anybody), but I do think the perp/s had access to information. From somebody. My theory revolves around JW, as he had access to everybody, it seems.

Oh wow! Freudian slip!!!

Here she is saying she was supposed to be there, but didn't go because of AS' text that morning. Never mind that she had already made arrangements with SS and had set up another house to clean on Thursday... Geez!

1:15

http://wn.ktvu.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

FWIW, I think she may have been exaggerating how close she came to death to make her internal state of OH-MY-GOD-NESS more congruent with her situation, rather than revealing something about her involvement. The lie/fib about "supposed to be at work" may have been sort of true in her mind, since she usually worked Thursdays even with no plans to be there that particular Thursday -- which was close enough to be mind-blowing. I'm keeping an open mind, though.

I know I'm not explaining myself very well, but I my husband knew someone fairly well professionally, though it's not as if they worked together very often, and I had heard a lot about her, and she disappeared a few years ago. I just felt like, OH MY GOD I KNEW HER! even when I did not know her. The drama of the situation made it feel closer to me than it was, and I had the irrational urge to say I knew her because that's the only way to explain how shaken I was. "My husband has her business card in his wallet!" didn't seem to capture it. (The difference between me and people like JW, I guess, is that I never did claim to know her).

I need proof both could have met each other. Even through a sibling. The truth is we are firing off messages to each other on our board. Many of the younger generations are firing off info in seconds to who knows. Their posts are not monitored by a MOD. We have superficial anonymity. They are friends of friends.

Would being next door neighbors be proof that they could have met each other?

I've wondered if maybe nobody was supposed to be home - and I'm looking at Wednesday here, not Thursday - because I think Thursday was not intended. PS was supposed to be back at school. The HK whose initials I shan't mention was going to be at the dojo Wednesday. Maybe VF was an unknown and they didn't realize she would be there. Where was AS supposed to be? Who enters a home in the middle of the afternoon like that? Maybe somebody who thought it was going to be empty? I'm still hashing this around in my head.

I agree with you that the very specific timing of this crime is very fishy, and to me it screams "insider information." That insider may or may not have known a crime was going to be committed (hence, it could be anybody), but I do think the perp/s had access to information. From somebody. My theory revolves around JW, as he had access to everybody, it seems.

I think day is a good time with folks working and kids at school. Not sure what percentage of robberies are daylight vs nighttime. It would be interesting if Amy volunteered every Wednesday.

Good thing LE asked for records for about a week (5 days?) before the crime. That way if dropped calls/vm is an ongoing issue, it would show up (maybe?) It would be a problem if JW just started having VM problems the day of the crime...

Unless it has changed in the past couple of years, the timing of the way voicemail gets from the telco voicemail system to your handset is that after your phone has signal loss there are intervals that grow with time for the attempted delivery. If you're out of pocket for a minute or two message delivery should be pretty quickly. If you're unreachable for a day it could take an hour. That's the primary thing that determines the delivery's timing anyway. There can be other things that interfere with delivery, of course.

I agree. Did Amy typically volunteer on Wednesdays? Seems like it was done by incompetent insiders.

And they are expanding the business. Yet no place for JW so it seems:

3/9/15
In Summer 2015, Autobahn Indoor Speedway - one of the nation’s premier indoor go-karting facilities, will open the doors to its newest location at 8415 Kelso Drive in Essex, Md.
Baltimore County and area residents who live for speed will now find the ultimate racing experience at Autobahn Indoor Speedway. The Formula One inspired go-karts are designed and manufactured in Italy, home to some of the best race cars in the world. The karts are the fastest in the industry, with adult karts reaching speeds of up to 50 mph and junior karts reaching speeds of up to 25 mph. The technology of the electric go-karts is continuously revolutionized, making them durable, reliable, easy to handle, modern and fast.
“Following the enormous success of the original Autobahn Indoor Speedway, located in Jessup, Md., we are thrilled to be expanding into the White Marsh region,” said Bill Harris, Director of Operations of Autobahn Indoor Speedway. “We pride ourselves on being able to offer racing fans a cool, modern facility with a unique and real racing experience.”
Inside the new 45,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility, racers will compete on a Grand Prix style track full of straightaways and tight turns that allow them to test their racing abilities. Corporate racing packages are available for small to large corporations looking to enhance corporate culture.
The opening of the Autobahn Indoor Speedway Baltimore North/ White Marsh follows the success of current locations in Jessup, Md. and Jacksonville, Fla. The brands continued expansion plans will include openings of new locations in Memphis, Tenn., Manassas, Va. and Birmingham, Ala.
Autobahn Indoor Speedway Baltimore North/ White Marsh will be open to the general public seven days a week and will serve as the perfect entertainment destination for any occasion, from birthday parties to corporate events.
About Autobahn Indoor Speedway:
Autobahn Indoor Speedway is a premier indoor karting center. The European style go-karting will take place in a 45,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility in Essex, Md. Racers take to the tracks in unique, high speed electric Italian pro-karts. These F1 inspired karts reach speeds of up to 50 mph. The attractive, upscale facility has the latest technology and is ideal for corporate events, team building, fund raisers, and competition racing events.
- See more at: http://citybizlist.com/article/2504...hite-marsh-location-opening-summer-2015#.dpuf

Excellent point. I hadn't even thought of that! I'd think that would provide opportunities for advancement.

I know people have surmised that he changed his story about he received and delivered the cash to somehow cover for SS. But, in what scenario would changing those particular details cover for SS? Cover what? He got and delivered the money either way.

Plus, I think most people, when being interviewed by LE, would first and foremost be concerned about covering their own *advertiser censored*s and maintaining their innocence by being truthful. To lie in order to cover for the actions of someone else in a case where four people died would suggest a ridiculously high level of nobility and loyalty.

Exactly! AND covering up for your boss who you think is doing something illegal?! Like embezzling, killing his family and setting his house on fire (if he believed SS wasn't one of the dead)?! What kind of person would lie to cover for that kind of behavior?!

Thanks. :) The "next door" part that I also read is what made me try to see more. It didn't make sense to have other larger numbers in between them, as has been shown on Google Maps. It turns out, Cambridge Apartments puts numbers on buildings like most other places. One, Two, Three....

As for how populous they are, 5301 is a part two-story, part three-story building, with balconies and walk-out garden level doors. There are I think about two balconies in a row per building number, stacked. So I'm guessing about six apartments per building number. I tried to find the number of units in property tax records but that was not part of the property description.

What we need is for somebody local - and I know it's quite a drive - to go over there and check on our four or so addresses and their proximities to one another (I mean the two from 2005, 2004-2007 and the two current ones). Google pins are not going to give us the accurate info. These guys had every chance of knowing each other in 2005, and who knows, could have run into each other. <modsnip> added by me after modsnip: in recent times in the same neighborhood. (Is that ok?)

I'm out of town, but if we still need a runner in early July, I'll take a drive over. :)

Don't do it. In fact, if anybody DOES do it, be careful. There are more perps out there, according to LE.

Wouldn't it be nice if an investigative reporter did the leg work?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55