DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The initial search warrants said one body was burned beyond recognition and initially thought to be an adult, but if you look at the news reports from that night (posted upthread) the reporters say that three adults, two of which were thought to be the S's and a juvenile were found in the house. Albans even sent an email to parents, I think, that night, saying that an enrolled student was involved. I think that the only question mark was the identity of the second woman who we now know was VF.

No, I was there a few hours after speaking with reporters. PS and AS were known as was VF. THe 4th body was not. Remember, SS had been preparing the dojo and was wearing work clothes. Plus we don't know how recognizable his face was. There was no public identification of the bodies until the next day.

Since you live in DC, do you ever see 18 wheeler commercial car carriers, not flatbeds, in neighborhoods in DC? Picking up or dropping off? For instance, someone lives in Miami in the winter and they send their cars down on 95 south...I am curious.

I've never noticed this but you would have to be pretty wealthy to do this so it may not have been uncommon in their neighborhood.

I think you are talking about PS vs SS. PS was misidentified as an adult. SS was always identified as an adult male, and also suspected to be SS.

I don't mean to keep beating this drum, but SS was absolutely not identified until the next day while there were initial public reports about a child. I don't think PS was ever misidentified.

The reason I am so certain about the identification of SS is that there was a lot of speculation and worry among people who knew the family about who was in the house. So I remember the timeline of identification. THe body of a child was mentioned in the press very quickly and a person who worked in the neighborhood mentioned "the lady of the house" being there. There's no doubt that if PS was there, AS was there as well. By evening word was trickling out about the housekeeper. But as I've written, the 4th body was not identified publicly and speculation was that it was an employee. A reporter told me SS was missing. This was hours after the questioning of JW., so they probably knew even less at that point.

Even if they thought the 4th body was SS, they would not have told JW that. He hadn't been formally identified, the family was in the process of being notified (the girls were still at school).

Think about this: JW drops off the money. SS presumably needed it for a specific purpose and isn't going to sit around with it at home. JW would assume he was taking the money to do whatever he was going to do with it. So JW would not assume SS was at home.

I can't find a record of where he lived in 2005, the year he graduated from Annapolis HS.

I don't think it mattered where he "lived." If he visited there regularly with his Dad and spent every other weekend over there, theres a good chance that he met other neighborhood teens. Did someone say there was a pool?

I don't know if this exact comment/speculation has come up before or not. Being new I tried to "view " as much as I could.

This has been rattling around my head for a while (lots of empty space up there in which to rattle) and I just want to put this out there ... just a thought ... nothing factual that I know.

In regards to JW being let go or whatever it was at Autobahn. Could possibly SS or PS or both some how innocently been the reason for JW'S being let go. Maybe they observed something or said something to try and help or something and JW got in trouble somehow.

With SS being such a nice guy could he have hired JW because somehow /someway SS felt in some way responsible for JW losing his job.

Like I said I know nothing ... just it has been going around in my head ..... could this be a possibility?

I hope this is within the rules. I tried to put enough disclaimers in here ... just my thoughts on the matter.

??????

Great post! Could be that inadvertently, PS said something that caused the firing, and SS was making amends.

I had a friend who lived out of town for a while. When she relocated back to DC she flew, and a service delivered her car on a flatbed. It was actually to a narrow street, in the middle if the night, and maybe more of a PITA than the drive would have been!

I had a car transported once for a move across country. The truck couldn't come down the street so they had to meet me at a nearby church parking lot so they had room to take car off truck and turn around. Had not made that church parking lot connection before!

Wonder if that was the original plan for the Porsche but once it showed up on the news they had to torch it.

No, I was there a few hours after speaking with reporters. PS and AS were known as was VF. THe 4th body was not. Remember, SS had been preparing the dojo and was wearing work clothes. Plus we don't know how recognizable his face was. There was no public identification of the bodies until the next day.

The Washington Post already knew the tentative identities of the victims by Friday press time. I think LE probably had a pretty good idea of the victims' identities on Thursday, before the neighborhood and MSM was notified. They wouldn't release that information to the public until they had official identification from ME or next of kin. VF was identified by her husband via photo on Thursday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4df8ee-fa6f-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

So then are we thinking this may have started late morning so they'd have time to rob before PS got out of school?

That's the only thing that makes sense if you believe that the killer(s) didn't actually want to kill anyone and just wanted loot. But I don't think that's right. Unless furthermore, Philip and his mother had some known activity afterward that would take them out of the house for a couple hours after VF was scheduled to leave... like a trip to Autobahn. Anyway, my gut tells me that requires too many "ifs" to be right, but I suppose you never know.

I had a car transported once for a move across country. The truck couldn't come down the street so they had to meet me at a nearby church parking lot so they had room to take car off truck and turn around. Had not made that church parking lot connection before!

Wonder if that was the original plan for the Porsche but once it showed up on the news they had to torch it.

Yes - to add to that - my mind has a hazy recollection of one of the search warrants suggesting that they were looking for evidence that someone was monitoring LE communications... a scanner and some other things. Anyone else remember that and which document it was in? If that was the case, maybe they took the car hoping to load it on a truck, but then heard communications suggesting that there was an APB on the Porsche and decided to torch it instead.

That's the only thing that makes sense if you believe that the killer(s) didn't actually want to kill anyone and just wanted loot. But I don't think that's right. Unless furthermore, Philip and his mother had some known activity afterward that would take them out of the house for a couple hours after VF was scheduled to leave... like a trip to Autobahn. Anyway, my gut tells me that requires too many "ifs" to be right, but I suppose you never know.

I just checked out St. A's field day on the 13th. Parents were there (and participated in the 3-leg race) and the event was from 9:30 am - 1:30 pm, if that helps with a possible (alternate) timeline.

The reason I am so certain about the identification of SS is that there was a lot of speculation and worry among people who knew the family about who was in the house. So I remember the timeline of identification. THe body of a child was mentioned in the press very quickly and a person who worked in the neighborhood mentioned "the lady of the house" being there. There's no doubt that if PS was there, AS was there as well. By evening word was trickling out about the housekeeper. But as I've written, the 4th body was not identified publicly and speculation was that it was an employee. A reporter told me SS was missing. This was hours after the questioning of JW., so they probably knew even less at that point.

Even if they thought the 4th body was SS, they would not have told JW that. He hadn't been formally identified, the family was in the process of being notified (the girls were still at school).

Think about this: JW drops off the money. SS presumably needed it for a specific purpose and isn't going to sit around with it at home. JW would assume he was taking the money to do whatever he was going to do with it. So JW would not assume SS was at home.

Yeah, you wouldn't expect SS to be home because you'd think he'd be out and about. But then, I think it would have seemed strange that with opening of the dojo, SS was still home at 10:30am when he received the money drop. And really, now that I think of it, should have seemed more strange that he needed dojo money first thing in the morning. When did people think he was going to leave the house and get going on the day? When the money was dropped, it was already 10:30. If I was one of the people peripheral to this case that day, it seems that instead of going thru all this with the accountant and JW, SS would have just handled the withdrawal himself. On the way to the dojo. Or gone to the dojo and have the money delivered to him there.

I can see why someone would not initially assume SS was at the home. But the last call was at 11:54 and the fire was reported almost 90 minutes later. I think that once the fire was reported and nobody was able to contact him, it would be a very quick leap to assuming he WAS in the house. IMO.

I've never noticed this but you would have to be pretty wealthy to do this so it may not have been uncommon in their neighborhood.

Well, if someone had access to an Amerit truck,maybe they had access to a car carrier/ auto transport driver ...and maybe they were going to take all the cars out of the driveway/ garage and say the S family was moving to PR/ VI and drive them to Miami to go in containers and offshore, just thinking out loud. JMO

Well, if someone had access to an Amerit truck,maybe they had access to a car carrier/ auto transport driver ...and maybe they were going to take all the cars out of the driveway/ garage and say the S family was moving to PR/ VI and drive them to Miami to go in containers and offshore, just thinking out loud. JMO

We shipped our daughter's car across country and yes, we had to meet the truck and driver in a big parking lot. That's a really interesting theory. It might shed some light on where the car was in the time until it was torched.

If the transport driver heard about the murders or the APB , he might not have shown up. I do remember that the driver called us when he was "near" but we had to wait around because the arrival was "approximate." We did have to show ID, registration etc. though. Of course, this was a reputable company.

But, could this tie in to JW having the Mosler registration? Did they come to steal the Mosler and not be able to take it out of the garage for some reason? Dunno what that might be?

Now

We shipped our daughter's car across country and yes, we had to meet the truck and driver in a big parking lot. That's a really interesting theory. It might shed some light on where the car was in the time until it was torched.

If the transport driver heard about the murders or the APB , he might not have shown up. I do remember that the driver called us when he was "near" but we had to wait around because the arrival was "approximate." We did have to show ID, registration etc. though. Of course, this was a reputable company.

But, could this tie in to JW having the Mosler registration? Did they come to steal the Mosler and not be able to take it out of the garage for some reason? Dunno what that might be?

Now
I've settled into a theory at this point. You know, in the absence of facts.

The Mosler may have needed more than a key to start. Or a special key that JW wasn't aware of.

That could be where the plan broke down. That could be what kicked off the psychotic killing spree. Let's say JW got there to give DW his part of the money and move the car. He tried to access the Mosler, but perhaps couldn't. Things perhaps went to hell faster than SS could calm things down once DW gathered that Jesus, there's only 40, and it JW can't even get the Mosler out of the garage as planned.

So JW hight tails it out, perhaps after hurting PS, and DW and the crew go full on slash and burn.

JW knew how to drive the Mosler. He drove it before.
He'd know if it needed special keys.

Did JW live there with his Dad when he was 18?

Unless JW and his father were estranged, logic would say that, even if he didn't live in that apt all the time, he visited there--the apt that was only feet away from DW's apt. Do some people think this is just a freak coincidence? Or not believe it? Or not want to believe it because it's so suggestive of a connection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JW knew how to drive the Mosler. He drove it before.
He'd know if it needed special keys.

He "said" he drove it. He may have only just sat in it. He does have a problem with the truth.

And even if he did drive it, maybe it was already running and SS let him take an spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz