DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense given the time of day. You wouldn't expect a child to be there. Plus, Latin Americans tend to be quite small of stature and household staff in the area are primarily Latino.

I think you are talking about PS vs SS. PS was misidentified as an adult. SS was always identified as an adult male, and also suspected to be SS.

I frequently carry duct tape from Michael's. Pink and green or zebra stripe...would love to know if gray or "other"was used. That would speak volumes.
When we travel to festivals we take a bag filled with every imaginable thing we would need from batteries, SD cards, sharpies, duct tape, wind sock, weatherproof bags, tripods...
I think a robbing crew would do the same...have a generic robbing parapenalia bag with things like neon vests, hard hats and signs to blend in, gasoline in case you needed to torch something or your getaway driver forgot to put gas in the getaway vehicle, tools, duct tape, zip ties, generic rags, sedatives... Wonder what type of matches...fireplace? MatchBook from a bar? From HoJos?

I went back and looked at garage photo with contractor signs and noticed 2 things I didn't see when looking at the construction signs back in an early thread, when I was researching what was written on the signs.
There are 2 broken down boxes in garage- they look ready for recycling. One is a Weider box on garage floor, and the other, a pressure washer box- I had to look up what it was not a brand I knew. If they have a lawn service, why would they need a pressure washer in DC???

I am just revisiting early photos.

Wind sock?

Oh, you're right. If the idea was to break in when no one was home, it would have most likely been the plan to do it before PS got home from school. Maybe this person did't know VF was working. I like the theory a little less, though. Still... is interesting that she posted that he was going back to school and he didn't go.

I am starting to feel extremely paranoid about who I tell what!

So then are we thinking this may have started late morning so they'd have time to rob before PS got out of school?

Not where I live, but I live in a really urban, old neighborhood with narrow streets. I wouldn't be surprised if people do that, but I haven't seen it in DC.

I had a friend who lived out of town for a while. When she relocated back to DC she flew, and a service delivered her car on a flatbed. It was actually to a narrow street, in the middle if the night, and maybe more of a PITA than the drive would have been!

Since you live in DC, do you ever see 18 wheeler commercial car carriers, not flatbeds, in neighborhoods in DC? Picking up or dropping off? For instance, someone lives in Miami in the winter and they send their cars down on 95 south...I am curious.

I live in DC and no I never see 18 wheelers. in fact trucks aren't allowed on many of the streets like Massachusetts Avenue a Main Street near this neighborhood.

Let's call a spade a spade, JW was not working under the assumption that SS was alive at that point. IMO.

Innocent:He knew that the house was the last place of his boss's whereabouts, per his instructions to drop off the money in the car, and they had not spoken since. Now that money drop off seems rather suspicious and there are four people on gurneys, and he was unable to reach him upon hearing about the fire so he would be desperately worried that one of those four bodies was his boss, especially when he was brought into questioning.

Guilty: Obvious
If it were me I'd want to help the police as much as I could to catch the bad guys. I'd probably be over detailed to tell them every little thing that happened that day and anything odd I noticed. I don't get the lying.

I think you are talking about PS vs SS. PS was misidentified as an adult. SS was always identified as an adult male, and also suspected to be SS.

I deleted that post pretty quickly for precisely that reason. Not,quick enough for this crowd though! Thanks for the correction.

Just wondering if it was discussed about Amy's typo......what day was she talking about when she says "from".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone's typo anyway... I really don't think this sounds like it was written by AS. It has more of a "latin" cadence and word placement/use to my ear. I think the auto-corrected word was originally either tomorrow or Friday, which supports my belief that neither AS or SS wrote the text, as arrangements had been made for NG to work at the dojo on Friday. JMO

Someone's typo anyway... I really don't think this sounds like it was written by AS. It has more of a "latin" cadence and word placement/use to my ear. I think the auto-corrected word was originally either tomorrow or Friday, which supports my belief that neither AS or SS wrote the text, as arrangements had been made for NG to work at the dojo on Friday. JMO

Yea, you mention Latin descent.....I agree about AS's text. I kind of feel like NG's text didn't sound " Latin enough" in her response. I think we've all heard NG's numerous interviews including CNN. She has quite the accent,. I don't see that in her text "at all".....though it's a limited text......it's perfect. Having said that, NG wasn't being held hostage. I dunno, just seemed too perfect English. Just talking out loud. [emoji87]

Yea, you mention Latin descent.....I agree and kind of feel like NG's text didn't sound " Latin enough" in her response. I think we've all heard NG's numerous interviews including CNN. She has quite the accent,. I don't see that in her text "at all".....though it's a limited text......it's perfect. Having said that, NG wasn't being held hostage. I dunno, just seemed too perfect English. Just talking out loud. [emoji87]

I think it's odd she didn't ask what "From" meant. I think I'd write back to my employer to clarify and ask if she meant Friday.

I think it's odd she didn't ask what "From" meant. I think I'd write back to my employer to clarify and ask if she meant Friday.

Very true. And, NG's response seems pretty formal for someone who's known someone goes 20 years.

Let's call a spade a spade, JW was not working under the assumption that SS was alive at that point. IMO.

Innocent:He knew that the house was the last place of his boss's whereabouts, per his instructions to drop off the money in the car, and they had not spoken since. Now that money drop off seems rather suspicious and there are four people on gurneys, and he was unable to reach him upon hearing about the fire so he would be desperately worried that one of those four bodies was his boss, especially when he was brought into questioning.

Guilty: Obvious

Especially since he was SS' driver and personal assistant. JW's job was to be attentive to SS - an extra set of hands - regardless of the day's work site. SS was his job and JW's job went where SS went (except when running an errand). JW didn't have his "own" work, separate from SS, like an accountant, warehouse foreman or salesman. JW knew where SS was on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. JMO

He also may have lied about his age not to look like a douche, dreaming about Formula 1 career and calling himself a pro race car driver, while he was merely the guy who loaded people into the cars at the go-kart track, who at times got to race for the owners for PR and marketing purposes at low budget events.

Yeah, I think he knew that most "race car drivers" graduate out of go-karts way before 28. At 25, he would have been by far the oldest of the competitors. The others were as follows:
Age....#

Someone mentioned earlier about how NG could be W2. You'd think she would be the second witness as she had that level of importance and close connection and was on the scene of the fire so likely would've been questioned right after JW. So if JW sent her a pic of the money that would really be disturbing.

I had a friend who lived out of town for a while. When she relocated back to DC she flew, and a service delivered her car on a flatbed. It was actually to a narrow street, in the middle if the night, and maybe more of a PITA than the drive would have been!

I'm thinking I would take the auto train to Miami, but I can see why people would ship their cars. We have moving trucks on my street sometimes, but I've had the Bradford pear tree in my front yard maimed by more than one. :( Not a lot of room to maneuver, especially with cars parked on both sides of the street.

If it were me I'd want to help the police as much as I could to catch the bad guys. I'd probably be over detailed to tell them every little thing that happened that day and anything odd I noticed. I don't get the lying.

There is no excuse. None. If JW believed SS was doing something unethical/illegal that brought this hell down upon him, JW's responsibility (if innocent) was limited to following a direct order from the CEO, carried out in concert with at least one other employee. He didn't do anything wrong, so no need to hide his actions from LE. His concern should have been more for helping LE find out what happened than "protecting" his employer's reputation. Why would his first assumption be that SS was doing something that required him (JW) to intercede? I don't believe he was trying to protect SS. He was covering his own *ss. Why did it need covering?

Yeah, I think he knew that most "race car drivers" graduate out of go-karts way before 28. At 25, he would have been by far the oldest of the competitors. The others were as follows:
Age....#

I think JW had a major "Quarter Life Crisis"!! He was getting old and his dreams weren't going to happen!

Someone mentioned earlier about how NG could be W2. You'd think she would be the second witness as she had that level of importance and close connection and was on the scene of the fire so likely would've been questioned right after JW. So if JW sent her a pic of the money that would really be disturbing.

Not much more disturbing than if JW told NG that he dropped off the money. She has given at least two versions to MSM. 1) The money was for an "auction" at the dojo opening. She knew about it beforehand and JW confirmed that he dropped it off on Thursday. 2) She didn't know anything about the money.

If #1, why would JW tell NG that he dropped off the money at the S house? How is that transaction any of NG's business? I can see how she might have heard about the cash if they were discussing it in the car on Wednesday (assuming they all went to Chantilly together), but I can't see why JW would need to confirm the delivery to NG. Did he tell her as a way of bragging, not because NG asked him? I can't believe that SS would make it common knowledge amongst everyone working at the dojo that there was going to be $40,000 in cash floating around.

If #2, well that makes the most sense to me. Would mean JW did not confirm delivery of the money. Unlikely he would send her a pic of the cash and NG ≠ W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55