DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could make sense, but what about the duct tape? What about the gasoline and matches? What about the neon green vest? Are these guys improvisational wizards who got lucky and found everything they needed in the garage? What do you make of those things, and how they incorporated them into a smash and grab? I've tossed this around in my head a bit, and those few things make it seem more pre-meditated hostage situation to me. What do you think?

I see what you're saying, but some of those items can be found in most households' garages or junk drawers. C'mon, everyone has a junk drawer even the wealthy. :wink:

Lots of households already have duct tape. I do and I'm an old lady.
DW could have held a knife to one of them and told another to go get duct tape, scotch tape, ribbons, rope or anything that could be used to bind.

Gasoline and matches? Same thing. It's been theorized here that the gas was siphoned from one of the many cars at the house. Matches could have been in kitchen junk drawer (birthday candles) or out in garage. DW smokes, so he may have had matches anyway.

The green vests had been reported to be from a box of green vests in the garage and we saw pics of what to me looked like cement curbing segments on the property itself by the garage and I was thinking that together, those might indicate that some sidewalk work was being done or planned for very soon or something for the backyard. I was thinking sidewalk because the green vests would be security vests for traffic visuals.

I don't think he thought anyone would be at home and it turned into a hostage/kidnapping situation.

Say, waaaay back we were discussing state vs federal charges and doesn't a kidnapping automatically make it federal? *hopehopehope* Although it may not matter at this point.

I think if this was premeditated to murder, someone would have brought a gun for sure, a silencer maybe? This was a horrible, horrible way to kill people unless you enjoyed the hands-on aspect.

This could make sense, but what about the duct tape? What about the gasoline and matches? What about the neon green vest? Are these guys improvisational wizards who got lucky and found everything they needed in the garage? What do you make of those things, and how they incorporated them into a smash and grab? I've tossed this around in my head a bit, and those few things make it seem more pre-meditated hostage situation to me. What do you think?

I frequently carry duct tape from Michael's. Pink and green or zebra stripe...would love to know if gray or "other"was used. That would speak volumes.
When we travel to festivals we take a bag filled with every imaginable thing we would need from batteries, SD cards, sharpies, duct tape, wind sock, weatherproof bags, tripods...
I think a robbing crew would do the same...have a generic robbing parapenalia bag with things like neon vests, hard hats and signs to blend in, gasoline in case you needed to torch something or your getaway driver forgot to put gas in the getaway vehicle, tools, duct tape, zip ties, generic rags, sedatives... Wonder what type of matches...fireplace? MatchBook from a bar? From HoJos?

I went back and looked at garage photo with contractor signs and noticed 2 things I didn't see when looking at the construction signs back in an early thread, when I was researching what was written on the signs.
There are 2 broken down boxes in garage- they look ready for recycling. One is a Weider box on garage floor, and the other, a pressure washer box- I had to look up what it was not a brand I knew. If they have a lawn service, why would they need a pressure washer in DC???

I am just revisiting early photos.

Hmmm. That Wednesday was a special field day at St. A's. PS would usually have been home by around 3:30, but the field day may run later than usual dismissal. IDK. If so, and PS had been well, he would have been at school, and perhaps AS would have been there as a spectator. Again, IDK. He's young enough that parents might still be included in that type of event. That would REALLY be insider information. But since PS didn't go to school all that week (I think), it would have been somewhat stale information, as the situation changed from what was intended earlier in the week, when PS was supposed to return to school on Tuesday?

Oh, you're right. If the idea was to break in when no one was home, it would have most likely been the plan to do it before PS got home from school. Maybe this person did't know VF was working. I like the theory a little less, though. Still... is interesting that she posted that he was going back to school and he didn't go.

I am starting to feel extremely paranoid about who I tell what!

I don't know if this exact comment/speculation has come up before or not. Being new I tried to "view " as much as I could.

This has been rattling around my head for a while (lots of empty space up there in which to rattle) and I just want to put this out there ... just a thought ... nothing factual that I know.

In regards to JW being let go or whatever it was at Autobahn. Could possibly SS or PS or both some how innocently been the reason for JW'S being let go. Maybe they observed something or said something to try and help or something and JW got in trouble somehow.

With SS being such a nice guy could he have hired JW because somehow /someway SS felt in some way responsible for JW losing his job.

Like I said I know nothing ... just it has been going around in my head ..... could this be a possibility?

I hope this is within the rules. I tried to put enough disclaimers in here ... just my thoughts on the matter.

??????

I think the plan was always to torture and kill the S family and anyone else who happened to be there. Why, I don't know, but I believe the torture and murders were as important or more so than the money. Imo, there's some pieces to all this that LE hasn't made public. I hope we hear more info soon!

No one knew it was SS except the people who killed him. They thought the 4th body was another employee.

The initial search warrants said one body was burned beyond recognition and initially thought to be an adult, but if you look at the news reports from that night (posted upthread) the reporters say that three adults, two of which were thought to be the S's and a juvenile were found in the house. Albans even sent an email to parents, I think, that night, saying that an enrolled student was involved. I think that the only question mark was the identity of the second woman who we now know was VF.

Since you live in DC, do you ever see 18 wheeler commercial car carriers, not flatbeds, in neighborhoods in DC? Picking up or dropping off? For instance, someone lives in Miami in the winter and they send their cars down on 95 south...I am curious.

I think the plan was always to torture and kill the S family and anyone else who happened to be there. Why, I don't know, but I believe the torture and murders were as important or more so than the money. Imo, there's some pieces to all this that LE hasn't made public. I hope we hear more info soon!
I agree, police always with hold key details to use as polygraph keys. I don't think wint will talk. He won't take the stand either.
The thing that keeps me interested in this case is the plight of an innocent 10 yr old boy.
These murders were about something unusual...
Average people have a hard time getting their heads around the torture of this boy.
It is I think the key to understanding the degree of motivation and or evil that caused this to happen.

Aren't you supposed to be getting ready to go out for dinner?

Haha! That literally made me laugh out loud. I'm now at the restaurant waiting for husband and kids straight from airport. Trying to catch up before they get here!

I see what you're saying, but some of those items can be found in most households' garages or junk drawers. C'mon, everyone has a junk drawer even the wealthy. :wink:

Lots of households already have duct tape. I do and I'm an old lady.
DW could have held a knife to one of them and told another to go get duct tape, scotch tape, ribbons, rope or anything that could be used to bind.

Gasoline and matches? Same thing. It's been theorized here that the gas was siphoned from one of the many cars at the house. Matches could have been in kitchen junk drawer (birthday candles) or out in garage. DW smokes, so he may have had matches anyway.

The green vests had been reported to be from a box of green vests in the garage and we saw pics of what to me looked like cement curbing segments on the property itself by the garage and I was thinking that together, those might indicate that some sidewalk work was being done or planned for very soon or something for the backyard. I was thinking sidewalk because the green vests would be security vests for traffic visuals.

I don't think he thought anyone would be at home and it turned into a hostage/kidnapping situation.

Say, waaaay back we were discussing state vs federal charges and doesn't a kidnapping automatically make it federal? *hopehopehope* Although it may not matter at this point.

I think if this was premeditated to murder, someone would have brought a gun for sure, a silencer maybe? This was a horrible, horrible way to kill people unless you enjoyed the hands-on aspect.

I'm not sure if it was premeditated murder, but I do think it was a premeditated hostage situation. However, all my drawers are junk drawers! :D And if criminals broke in they would have lots of duct tape. Buckets and hoses for siphoning. Great matches. Pipe wrenches, vise grips, bolt cutters, ropes, boat winches, batteries, camping gear, power tools...... All this is not in the drawers. Just so you know. It's in the garage. I'm not a total heathen.

But all the same if I were a criminal, and I assure you I am not :), I would not want to count on any of that being available to use if I planned to break into a home. I would definitely bring it with me. I can't imagine winging that.

I don't know if this exact comment/speculation has come up before or not. Being new I tried to "view " as much as I could.

This has been rattling around my head for a while (lots of empty space up there in which to rattle) and I just want to put this out there ... just a thought ... nothing factual that I know.

In regards to JW being let go or whatever it was at Autobahn. Could possibly SS or PS or both some how innocently been the reason for JW'S being let go. Maybe they observed something or said something to try and help or something and JW got in trouble somehow.

With SS being such a nice guy could he have hired JW because somehow /someway SS felt in some way responsible for JW losing his job.

Like I said I know nothing ... just it has been going around in my head ..... could this be a possibility?

I hope this is within the rules. I tried to put enough disclaimers in here ... just my thoughts on the matter.

??????

Like JW was coaching kids on Autobahn time and got caught?

[modsnip]

:) Me, too, plus I have been known to report my own posts, lol!
At one time or another, a some of us can get some emotion going and typetypedeletetypedeletetypetypetypeTYPETYPE...SUBMITPOST....modsnip :D

Welcome to CoreyRocks! Your posts have been just swell!

:welcome4: :welcome6: :wagon:

Since you live in DC, do you ever see 18 wheeler commercial car carriers, not flatbeds, in neighborhoods in DC? Picking up or dropping off? For instance, someone lives in Miami in the winter and they send their cars down on 95 south...I am curious.

Not where I live, but I live in a really urban, old neighborhood with narrow streets. I wouldn't be surprised if people do that, but I haven't seen it in DC.

I agree, police always with hold key details to use as polygraph keys. I don't think wint will talk. He won't take the stand either.
The thing that keeps me interested in this case is the plight of an innocent 10 yr old boy.
Average people have a hard time getting their heads around the torture of this boy.
It is I think the key to understanding the degree of motivation and or evil that caused this to happen.

I hear you. And I've wondered about that, as that particular part of the crime is the worst and seems to demand some sort of reason to explain it.
But I think Wint is depraved enough, and capable of snapping - that he could do such a thing with or without any particular motivation beyond the fact that he was po'd during the commission of the crime. He isn't "average people" the way we are.

I very much agree. I hurt for everyone involved, but, to me, the torture of that little boy is inexplicable. Un-processable. And, I know that those parents would have given their lives in a heartbeat to let PS have his. They didn't care about their own suffering. They cared about his. I hope to god they were able to just let him know he wasn't alone. I want to think that PS did know. That he knew it was them against the bad guys. And no matter who had the weapons, they won because they had so much love on their side. Nothing, not even what happened, can take that away from them. :(

The initial search warrants said one body was burned beyond recognition and initially thought to be an adult, but if you look at the news reports from that night (posted upthread) the reporters say that three adults, two of which were thought to be the S's and a juvenile were found in the house. Albans even sent an email to parents, I think, that night, saying that an enrolled student was involved. I think that the only question mark was the identity of the second woman who we now know was VF.

There's no reason to beat around the bush at this point. JW knew SS was dead once the fire was set, perhaps before. IMO. There was nothing in the docs to indicate that they didn't suspect that the body of SS was SS.

JW never thought SS had murdered his family. But if he thought his boss -- whom he thought was still alive -- had done something and that he was involved and implicated, yeah he might lie.

Let's call a spade a spade, JW was not working under the assumption that SS was alive at that point. IMO.

Innocent:He knew that the house was the last place of his boss's whereabouts, per his instructions to drop off the money in the car, and they had not spoken since. Now that money drop off seems rather suspicious and there are four people on gurneys, and he was unable to reach him upon hearing about the fire so he would be desperately worried that one of those four bodies was his boss, especially when he was brought into questioning.

Guilty: Obvious

JW could've delivered what they needed or they could've forced the family to tell them where things were.

Are there age groups at that level? I'd think it would be over 18 or over 21. I'm the one who posted about his age, and he lied about his age at the Skip Barber class/competition, but I didn't know if racing in the wrong age group was a real possibility. I will check into that in a bit. I have to get ready to go out to dinner and this is just getting good!

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/110439-insight-the-skip-barber-karts-to-cars-scholarship
He also may have lied about his age not to look like a douche, dreaming about Formula 1 career and calling himself a pro race car driver, while he was merely the guy who loaded people into the cars at the go-kart track, who at times got to race for the owners for PR and marketing purposes at low budget events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8