DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! AND covering up for your boss who you think is doing something illegal?! Like embezzling, killing his family and setting his house on fire (if he believed SS wasn't one of the dead)?! What kind of person would lie to cover for that kind of behavior?!

JW never thought SS had murdered his family. But if he thought his boss -- whom he thought was still alive -- had done something and that he was involved and implicated, yeah he might lie.

YES. There is a reason why DW came to this neighborhood and this home at this particular time. I don't believe it was random by any means. The S house and only the S house was targeted. IMO.

This was definitely not random. Thats one thing LE has been clear about since the beginning.

We have discussed many reasons why JW may have lost his job at the Autobahn.

Could it have been the Autobahn or someone within the racing circuit discovered that JW was racing in an improper age group? If so, this would be a lie he wouldn't want known. For you good sleuthers, would that be something you could check into? I've read he raced in the 25 age group but was 28.

Are there age groups at that level? I'd think it would be over 18 or over 21. I'm the one who posted about his age, and he lied about his age at the Skip Barber class/competition, but I didn't know if racing in the wrong age group was a real possibility. I will check into that in a bit. I have to get ready to go out to dinner and this is just getting good!

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/110439-insight-the-skip-barber-karts-to-cars-scholarship

We have discussed many reasons why JW may have lost his job at the Autobahn.

Could it have been the Autobahn or someone within the racing circuit discovered that JW was racing in an improper age group? If so, this would be a lie he wouldn't want known. For you good sleuthers, would that be something you could check into? I've read he raced in the 25 age group but was 28.

Interesting, I just found this which was an announcement of contestants before the Karts to Cars Shootout. I don't know if JW was added after the field was announced on 10/15/14 for the 10/28-10/30/14 competition, or removed later. He is listed as 25 in the article (linked earlier) about the shootout, but he would have been 27 in October 2014.

If Autohaus was sponsoring him, paying for his racing competitions, and he was later disqualified for lying about his age, that could be a firing offense. But I don't see anything in the application, etc., that gives an upper age limit. Just that contestants must be at least 13 and have completed a 3 day class previously.

http://skipbarber.com/2014-skip-bar...to-cars-scholarship-shootout-field-announced/

if they were planning on an empty house, then they weren't going for money. I don't think of streetgangs as safecrackers. And i doubt they would be fencing art which is also difficult.

So what were they planning to take...to get in and out while no one was there? I like the theory just trying to extrapolate it out a bit...

cars!

Are there age groups at that level? I'd think it would be over 18 or over 21. I'm the one who posted about his age, and he lied about his age at the Skip Barber class/competition, but I didn't know if racing in the wrong age group was a real possibility. I will check into that in a bit. I have to get ready to go out to dinner and this is just getting good!

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/110439-insight-the-skip-barber-karts-to-cars-scholarship

Did he lie about his age to get a scholarship with Skip Barber?

So sounds like Amy set it up with Vera. Perhaps NG didn't know ahead of time which is why she frames it that she was told. Perhaps she was told after the fact.

Possible. The story has changed over time from they were good friends, to NG let VF work with her at S home, to VF worked for NG. IDK

I don't think JW was the point of contact, but one in the chain? AIW and presumable LE had already been trying to contact SS without hearing back. If I couldn't get hold of my boss, I'd certainly call his PA and anyone else whose number I had. AIW might have tried calling the Dojo if they had the number.

As far as JW's language, consider the source. I say that not unkindly, but to remind us that there are different styles of communication. His background was not that we know of, a corporate business atmosphere where that language would be out of place.

AIW to JW: "We just got a call/visit from LE and SS's house is on fire and nobody can get in touch with him, do you know where he is or if he knows what's going on? No? Please see what you can do on your end." To me, it would be natural to call boss' wife feeling quite a bit of anxiety and I wouldn't suddenly change my way of speaking/texting/personality to "Pardon me, madam, have you any Grey Poupon?"

I certainly don't see JW being the first to try and contact AS; LE would have done that having gotten the number from AIW and contacting SS first. They don't rely on others to break news like that. In fact, it would be part of their investigation to make the calls themselves.

JW's call was perfectly natural to me. He was worried for her since she was supposed to be at home? I don't know. Was she a mile away at the park with the dogs and could use a ride home? Was she stuck somewhere with a broken car and needed a ride?

All natural to me. Our more authentic self comes prevails in times of stress. I'd be inclined to be casual like that, too since a fire at your home is obviously stressful I don't need to add to it. Just one way of looking at it.

It may not be the way a lot of youse guys would do it, but it was the way he did it. :)

Yeah, I wouldn't expect him to be formal. What was weird to me is that he thought he would breaking the news to AS (he seemed to think that, according to his text) and also weird that he wouldn't express more concern. Idk. It's just one thing out of mannnnnny that don't quite compute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JW never thought SS had murdered his family. But if he thought his boss -- whom he thought was still alive -- had done something and that he was involved and implicated, yeah he might lie.

If he didn't know his boss was dead but there were four dead people in the house, where did he think SS was? I think he knew SS was one of the dead all along, but others have said he might have thought he was alive and was therefore protecting him. I can't see JW sticking his neck out for anybody but himself, but that's JMO.

Did he lie about his age to get a scholarship with Skip Barber?

Racing Scholarships were the prizes. The next oldest contestant was 20.

http://skipbarber.com/2014-skip-bar...to-cars-scholarship-shootout-field-announced/

Braselton, GA — (Oct. 15,2014) The field is nearly set for the 19th Annual Skip Barber Racing School Karts to Cars Scholarship Shootout. The competition, which takes place on October 28–30, 2014 at iconic Sebring International Raceway, will host the best karters from around the world.

The Champion of the 2014 Karts to Cars Scholarship Shootout will be awarded a full season in the 2014-2015 Skip Barber Winter Series or the 2015 Skip Barber Summer Series, as well as a 3 Day Program Extensive Evaluation from RaceCraft1. In addition to the scholarship valued at more than $40,000, the Champion will be featured in a future issue of RACER magazine as the winner of the “Top Gun Award”.

The second-place competitor will win a $15,000 Skip Barber Race Series scholarship and a 1 Day Program Race Event Preparation from RaceCraft1 and the third-place winner will receive a $10,000 Skip Barber Race Series scholarship and Consultation on Training, Simulation Equipment from RaceCraft1.

"Originally Posted by emmavoberry Another thing re: txting.
Why on that day were there no other duties specified in these messages and no other subjects period. Why, only this terse, coded, money thing? No "hey, so I got the tools we needed at Lowes and we are all set, boss. I'll be at the Dojo..."
With so much going on, Dojo grand opening, in addition to the regular busy CEO's day, I'd think boss and assistant messages might refer to more than ONE duty between Wed. nt. and Th. noon. And yet, at least THESE texts, entail nothing else, as if nothing else was going on in the world of the two people talking, nothing else they COULD
." bbm

Good point that we have not seen texts or vm transcriptions of messages like this bbm hypo above.
OTOH, I think if such messages exist, LE simply has not released them. Not sure why LE has reason to release, as the released info relates to DDW & S/Wrrts for others. JM2cts and could be all wrong.

Interesting, I just found this which was an announcement of contestants before the Karts to Cars Shootout. I don't know if JW was added after the field was announced on 10/15/14 for the 10/28-10/30/14 competition, or removed later. He is listed as 25 in the article (linked earlier) about the shootout, but he would have been 27 in October 2014.

If Autohaus was sponsoring him, paying for his racing competitions, and he was later disqualified for lying about his age, that could be a firing offense. But I don't see anything in the application, etc., that gives an upper age limit. Just that contestants must be at least 13 and have completed a 3 day class previously.

Aren't you supposed to be getting ready to go out for dinner?

If they were planning on an empty house, then they weren't going for money. I don't think of streetgangs as safecrackers. And I doubt they would be fencing art which is also difficult.

So what were they planning to take...to get in and out while no one was there? I like the theory just trying to extrapolate it out a bit...

It is my belief that it was to be a simple (but lucrative) daytime empty house burglary of a wealthy family. The sweet bonus for him was the knowledge that he was doing it to someone who had fired him. (not personally, but AIW)

Daytime burglaries are much more common than nighttime because most burglars don't want the human interaction.

IF he was being bankrolled/had someone in place to buy jewelry and art stuffs from him, that would affect what he was going to steal or even the number of items to steal if he brought friends.

The obvious stuff burglars without an agenda would look for at a rich residence are what we would expect: cash, coin collections, jewelry if it's out or accessible, maybe a small enough safe they could carry with them to break into off-site? Handgun safe is an example. Guns, other weapons, collectibles.

I'm not even close to rich, so I don't know if rich peeps leave rich peep stuff laying about, but they probably have more valuable things to steal than renter people.

I really don't think this was meant to be anything more than a burglary and it got out of control. I could be totally wrong.

If this was a gang thing, I can't see him tattling on them, so it will be fun to see what he comes up with. Set up by whom? Conspiracy theory or nutter?

It is my belief that it was to be a simple (but lucrative) daytime empty house burglary of a wealthy family. The sweet bonus for him was the knowledge that he was doing it to someone who had fired him. (not personally, but AIW)

Daytime burglaries are much more common than nighttime because most burglars don't want the human interaction.

IF he was being bankrolled/had someone in place to buy jewelry and art stuffs from him, that would affect what he was going to steal or even the number of items to steal if he brought friends.

The obvious stuff burglars without an agenda would look for at a rich residence are what we would expect: cash, coin collections, jewelry if it's out or accessible, maybe a small enough safe they could carry with them to break into off-site? Handgun safe is an example. Guns, other weapons, collectibles.

I'm not even close to rich, so I don't know if rich peeps leave rich peep stuff laying about, but they probably have more valuable things to steal than renter people.

I really don't think this was meant to be anything more than a burglary and it got out of control. I could be totally wrong.

If this was a gang thing, I can't see him tattling on them, so it will be fun to see what he comes up with. Set up by whom? Conspiracy theory or nutter?

This could make sense, but what about the duct tape? What about the gasoline and matches? What about the neon green vest? Are these guys improvisational wizards who got lucky and found everything they needed in the garage? What do you make of those things, and how they incorporated them into a smash and grab? I've tossed this around in my head a bit, and those few things make it seem more pre-meditated hostage situation to me. What do you think?

If he didn't know his boss was dead but there were four dead people in the house, where did he think SS was? I think he knew SS was one of the dead all along, but others have said he might have thought he was alive and was therefore protecting him. I can't see JW sticking his neck out for anybody but himself, but that's JMO.

No one knew it was SS except the people who killed him. They thought the 4th body was another employee.

One thing to keep in mind, and I don't know how this fits in, is that SS floated between different locations. He had several businesses, he was active in his family's life. It may not have been unusual for people to not know exactly where he was.

Do we know...when the Porsche was seen driving erraticly on the day this began, was it going toward or away from the house?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1