DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That probably wouldn't work for me... :)

"I still have chips - I can't leave the table!"

My husband and I went to the South of France for our honeymoon. My first experience with gambling. Famous last words: "Oh look! They take AmEx!"

:) Thank you for making me laugh out loud - I really did! :)

What resonates with me is the DCPD are not holding press conferences. Which indicates to to me through interviews/DNA/ multiple interviews they have almost a clear picture of what went down. They have released little info. If you think about the magnitude of the crime captured national attention. Even with 20/20. They have been cautious . Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said before: they don't need our help. They are watching whoever they need to watch. The are being patient and collecting evidence for an air-tight case. I am really amazed at the tight ship Chief Lanier is running. A leak of no importance here and there, but basically LE are showing amazing discipline. I feel like they know what happened and are just allowing the last pieces to fall into place. Sometimes it take a little time, but as long as they are within arm's length of their POIs, nobody is going anywhere.

I said before: they don't need our help. They are watching whoever they need to watch. The are being patient and collecting evidence for an air-tight case. I am really amazed at the tight ship Chief Lanier is running. A leak of no importance here and there, but basically LE are showing amazing discipline. I feel like they know what happened and are just allowing the last pieces to fall into place. Sometimes it take a little time, but as long as they are within arm's length of their POIs, nobody is going anywhere.

Thanks rkf!! Did you see my post that I reposted? Nobody responded and would love your thoughts :)

Nancy Grace said a lot of things. Doesn't make them true.

Yeah, I'm actually NOT a Nancy Grace fan. (Don't throw tomatoes, people!) But I have heard detectives say they don't believe in coincidences. I just don't have a quote from one of them to use. This Nancy Grace quote was from the documentary series "The Staircase". Skigirl recommended it and it is AMAZING!

There are so many "coincidences" in this case. It really makes my heart and my intellect battle.

If they have a clear picture, why haven't they arrested anyone else? The are the ones who claimed DW wasn't alone.

I think they are waiting to get all their ducks lined up. If nobody is going anywhere, they can take their time accruing all the evidence before charging anyone. JMO

He has only just been hired. He said he planned to meet with him again this weekend or week... I forget which.

That's crazy! Biggest case of his life and he'll get around to it?! I am kind of surprised he's blabbing so much - perhaps better for him than his client. But I'm also surprised that he hasn't put everything else on the back burner and had intensive sessions with his new client.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Yesterday DW's new attorney gave an interview with ABC news in which he claims that DW was "set up"

"He believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," attorney Sean Hanover told ABC News affiliate WJLA.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murder-suspect-daron-wint-thinks-set/story?id=31825943

I think it is a preposterous claim for an attorney to make. If Wint was set up how does he explain Wints DNA on the pizza inside the house? how does he explain blood belonging to one of the victims on Wints shoes? how does he explain Wint captured on the run with $10,000 of the ransom money? The attorney implies that his client knows the identity of the "real" killers who "set him up". Why doesn't his client reveal to LE the identity of these killers?

Unfortunately the (modsnip)interviewer failed to challenge the attorney on this preposterous defense claim.

I agree that was a bone headed move by the defense attorney. He just placed his client RIGHT THERE at the murder scene by saying :

"....once people begin to understand who else was out there ...."

That right there^^^^ gets his client a capital murder charge. Even if all DW did was sit there and eat pizza and accidentally step in blood, he would still be guilty of murder just by being at the scene. :doh:

If they have a clear picture, why haven't they arrested anyone else? The are the ones who claimed DW wasn't alone.

Waiting for DW to break in jail? No clue. Let the perp speak and we will provide corroborating evidence. JMO. Again, JMO.

I think they are waiting to get all their ducks lined up. If nobody is going anywhere, they can take their time accruing all the evidence before charging anyone. JMO

I am not sure it would be a good idea to let vicious killers run free, if police knew who these killers are.

I am not sure it would be a good idea to let vicious killers run free, if police knew who these killers are.

But better to get them when they have solid evidence to keep them locked up right? And they're watching them in case they do anything.

That's crazy! Biggest case of his life and he'll get around to it?! I am kind of surprised he's blabbing so much - perhaps better for him than his client. But I'm also surprised that he hasn't put everything else on the back burner and had intensive sessions with his new client.

Fox5 did a report on Hanover and they spoke to prominent defense attorneys around town and prosecutors and couldn't find anyone that heard of him or any case he has handled. So, they asked him about his experience with criminal defendants.... Hanover began seriously stuttering as he answered. "We've had a lot of experience in uh, I guess, Felony 1, which is what this is."

This might be a challenge... for those of us following and for the judge and prosecutors. jmo

I know. It is impossible to get past it. Impossible. I think so much time has gone by and no arrests have been made that it's easy to think, "sure , okay, this guy totally lied about his actions about delivering what turned out to be ransom money," and "sure, it was discovered that DW and JW's families lived next door to each other" but that DOESNT PROVE ANYTHING.

But, man, common sense suggests there is a connection.

And I wonder why LE would not have released ANYTHING to suggest this person's innocence, but instead only let out details that suggest something nefarious.

I am no mastermind, c'mon!

Don't post much but i've been following this case and fwiw i think that JW was definitely involved. His lies about the locked car and red bag/envelope says to me that "the plan" was for JW to get the money, take it to the house, the car would be unlocked for him and he would leave the money there. Imo, he needed to distance himself from "the red bag" (wasn't that part of the first story?). Imo, this "red bag" was also part of "the plan".

Now you have DW lawyer saying his client was set up. (That's why he was given the task in the first place, IMO?) I think he played the role of the fall guy from the very start of this crime. I also believe DW was given the 40k as hush money. What the mastermind was ultimately after, was worth way more than 40k.

IMO, when DW expose "the plan" it's going to consist of details that JW changed from his first story.

IMO, JW plan was to make sure his story DIDN'T match up with what DW is going to tell LE.

All just my thoughts

Thanks rkf!! Did you see my post that I reposted? Nobody responded and would love your thoughts :)

I have at least 3 contradictory theories going, so I don't feel confident enough to predict anything! I spent today researching the addresses of DW et al, as well as JW et al to see if there is cross over (other than that which others have already found.) It's really tough, because apparently when someone is arrested, they self-report their name, height, weight, address, etc., and no one checks to make sure the answers are true! Also, I'm limited (because I'm cheap) to free on-line sources to check peoples addresses, and there are discrepancies.

One thing, it appears that JW would have moved out of his Annapolis home in 2014 at the latest, so where has he been living since then? It's not necessary that JW and DW or others crossed paths in 2005. They could have done so in the last few months.

Also, I believe DW has relatives in Brooklyn, so maybe he went to see his girlfriend, but maybe that wasn't the main purpose of his trip to NY.

I agree. But I think LE are parked right in front of their homes.

I agree that was a bone headed move by the defense attorney. He just placed his client RIGHT THERE at the murder scene by saying :

"....once people begin to understand who else was out there ...."

That right there^^^^ gets his client a capital murder charge. Even if all DW did was sit there and eat pizza and accidentally step in blood, he would still be guilty of murder just by being at the scene. :doh:

I'm thinking he telegraphed a desire to bargain this case off and has no intention of going to trial with wint whom is toast. So far it's felony murder, the charges will change.

I agree. I think (JMO!) that they feel that DW was the muscle and had the best opportunity to run (a few days lead and a chunk of cash). I think anyone else they suspect of involvement has been told "not to leave town" and they have LE babysitting them, just to be sure. They have JW's passport and know where he is. They have probably issued stops at the borders for everyone else, just in case someone should slip their perimeters. The "planners" are just as guilty as the person who killed the S family and VF, but they need a rent-a-psychopath to do the dirty work.

I agree. I think (JMO!) that they feel that DW was the muscle and had the best opportunity to run (a few days lead and a chunk of cash). I think anyone else they suspect of involvement has been told "not to leave town" and they have LE babysitting them, just to be sure. They have JW's passport and know where he is. They have probably issued stops at the borders for everyone else, just in case someone should slip their perimeters. The "planners" are just as guilty as the person who killed the S family and VF, but they need a rent-a-psychopath to do the dirty work.

But why would he do that through the media? He could do that more discreetly with the DA. Wouldn't it be amazing it this isn't all part of a big plan, but Hanover is just in over his head and already making mistakes? I always think people know what they're doing. Then I find out they have no idea and I'm so disappointed!

Is there anything else known about early reports that SS was planning on moving to Puerto Rico? One of his businesses was Sigma Investment Strategies, headquarters in Puerto Rico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1