DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about that. I did some research on SS's private jet (a large and expensive Dassault Falcon 50) and in 2010 the name on the registration was changed from "AIW Inc" to "Sigma Flight LLC" although tail number remained the same (prior to AIW.Inc aircraft was registered to American Iron Works - Tail # N4351M) . IIRC Sigma was a private company owned outright by Savvas Savopoulos and I suspect he used this jet to make frequent trips to Puerto Rico. It appears that in 2013 the jet was sold (now registered to a trust company in Delaware ) perhaps indicating that Savvas was less involved in the Puerto Rican venture (maybe not even involved at all?).

Registration details:

http://www.planelogger.com/Aircraft/View?Registration=N925GS&DeliveryDate=09.04.10

For reference here is a picture of the jet when it was still registered to the Savopoulos family

95461_1223216964.jpg

Did he sell the plane? CSC is a registered agent for thousands of companies.

Why does everyone say different worlds? Is it based on their looks?

I'm not personally seeing different worlds. Same neighborhoods. The apartment complex looks decent to me. A police officer lived there. Seems like the same world. IMO.

What resonates with me is the DCPD are not holding press conferences. Which indicates to to me through interviews/DNA/ multiple interviews they have almost a clear picture of what went down. They have released little info. If you think about the magnitude of the crime captured national attention. Even with 20/20. They have been cautious . Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Cathy Lanier's first press conference she said she would not comment on evidence. It is not her style or the style of the MPD. I think this shows a lot of professionalism. They are focusing on their jobs.

That's crazy! Biggest case of his life and he'll get around to it?! I am kind of surprised he's blabbing so much - perhaps better for him than his client. But I'm also surprised that he hasn't put everything else on the back burner and had intensive sessions with his new client.

He only spoke publicly on the day he took over the case. We can't read anything into this about how much he's working.

Am I being naive in my thinking that the police have 99% more info than we do? No doubt our thread has provided much Intel based on MSM which leads me to believe they have investigated and have a good idea what went down. Just IMO.

I would make that more like 1000% more info than we do!!! :)

I'm thinking he telegraphed a desire to bargain this case off and has no intention of going to trial with wint whom is toast. So far it's felony murder, the charges will change.

So far its murder. There may end up being a felony murder count thrown in, but as it stands now the charge is murder.

Snipped from kammiemc's post above: "It is difficult to keep JW's stories straight, but the red bag actually belongs in his second (and as far as we know, final story). In his first story, the money was handed to him in a manila envelope."

So true that it's hard to keep things straight with what we know so far. I thought the manila envelope(s) were is JW's car?? I have to go back and check that Search Warrant, I have a vague memory that manila envelopes were on the list.

Which indicates to me he was involved. IMO

However, it could also mean he spoke directly to the SS #. Just surprised SS did not leave a VM at 1154.

I said this a while back. It's not been confirmed if there was a VM or not. Just an outgoing call. If there is a VM, that would point away from JW as involved, IMO. If there is no VM, that points to involvement. IMO.

I don't know if this has been posted yet. Yesterday DW's new attorney gave an interview with ABC news in which he claims that DW was "set up"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murder-suspect-daron-wint-thinks-set/story?id=31825943

I think it is a preposterous claim for an attorney to make. If Wint was set up how does he explain Wints DNA on the pizza inside the house? how does he explain blood belonging to one of the victims on Wints shoes? how does he explain Wint captured on the run with $10,000 of the ransom money? The attorney implies that his client knows the identity of the "real" killers who "set him up". Why doesn't his client reveal to LE the identity of these killers?

Unfortunately the <modsnip>interviewer failed to challenge the attorney on this preposterous defense claim.

Hello Jose Baez, Cheney Mason, et al.

Here is an update on the money.
We can agree that $40, 000 was given by AIW employee to JW.
We can disagree on how much was placed in the envelope and delivered to the Mosler by JW. I assume it was $40K.
DW was sighted in the Porsche on New York Ave. at 1:30 on 05/14 and then in the DCMPD video at 5:30.
He had four hours in which he could have dropped off the money somewhere else.
If others were involved, the money may have been split between DW and another person.
DW was in New York for several days with his girlfriend, he may have spent money there at restaurants, etc.
Another person may have bought drugs with some of the money. We not know.
This is an updated accounting of the found money:
Money Accounting:
$1,000 DW paid Uber livery NY to DC- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-spent-1-000-cab-NY-DC-flee-manhunt.html
$10,000 in cash in truck - http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv...4ae_video.html video @01:06
$10,000 in money orders in car - http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/man...ctims-31738740 video @6:45
$5,000 in money orders cashed by two women before the arrest - http://www.scoopnest.com/user/AC360/603358164893962240
2 people w/ #MansionMurders suspect #Wint during his arrest cashed money orders for $2,500 - @PamelaBrownCNN reports
Note: The laundered cash should be counted with the $10,000 found in the truck.

IMO SS, with his racing connections, was worth more to JW alive than dead

JW dreams of being a star F1 racer was a pipe dream. Maybe he finally realized that. People break into racing very young these days. He may as well be 58 instead of 28. Don't get the romanticizing of this guy and his dreams by some here. Wasn't going to happen before and definitely isn't happening now. Couldn't even hold on to job of go-kart coach. Not very encouraging for him, IMO. A legend in his own mind. Balloon has been popped with being fired from Autobahn AND go-kart coach for PS. IMO.

One thing, it appears that JW would have moved out of his Annapolis home in 2014 at the latest, so where has he been living since then? It's not necessary that JW and DW or others crossed paths in 2005. They could have done so in the last few months.

Y.
Sorry for the sloppy cutting (on my phone) but here's a hypothesis about where he moved, since his mom had plans to sell the condo -- he moved in with W-2. You know the joke: " what's a ski instructor without a girlfriend? Homeless." Bet it holds for racers, too.

I'm not personally seeing different worlds. Same neighborhoods. The apartment complex looks decent to me. A police officer lived there. Seems like the same world. IMO.

But, lots of people grow up in the same neighborhood, and move on to inhabit completely different worlds and lives that are far apart in socioeconomics, ethics, morals...

So far, there's no indication that they DW and JW lived there at any time during the same time for any appreciable length of time. Their dad's lived there, maybe the boys did, too at some point, but who knows?

In any case, they could have grown up together for 18 years as next door neighbors and hung out like twinsies until 18. Suppose they did? Bottom line is that at some point several years ago they each moved in different directions and cultivated different (from each other) mores, ethics, hobbies, job descriptions, friends, attitudes towards life.

JW evolved while DW devolved.

Only one count, DA could add three more counts of same, plus other felony counts.

He'll never get out of prison when they're done. He'll be lucky if they don't find a way to file capitol murder charges against him.

But, lots of people grow up in the same neighborhood, and move on to inhabit completely different worlds and lives that are far apart in socioeconomics, ethics, morals...

So far, there's no indication that they DW and JW lived there at any time during the same time for any appreciable length of time. Their dad's lived there, maybe the boys did, too at some point, but who knows?

In any case, they could have grown up together for 18 years as next door neighbors and hung out like twinsies until 18. Suppose they did? Bottom line is that at some point several years ago they each moved in different directions and cultivated different (from each other) mores, ethics, hobbies, job descriptions, friends, attitudes towards life.

JW evolved while DW devolved

BBM: Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members