DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil's Advocate, and I'm not sure I totally believe it, but maybe he didn't call back because he was driving? It's illegal to do so here, so...maybe?

I hear ha, but it's "illegal" to not show up for jury duty.....people do it. You know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish we could still see their SM accounts. I looked at both of them before they were taken down. I didn't have time to cross reference all their friends, but I saw A LOT of crossover in interests - flashy cars, especially. They both had friends: employed, unemployed, old, young, "****gish"-looking, professional-looking... Lots of people attended community colleges like DW and JW. JW waged numerous self-promotional web/SM campaigns where he was creating the image he wanted people to see. DW didn't.

Until 2005, when he was 25, DW didn't have a criminal record (that we can access). His first violent charge was in June 2006, other than the peace order taken out by his dad. Until then his charges were all traffic-related and petit-theft. In fact, most of his charges to that point were the kind that might go away if your dad was a police officer.

I'm not implying that JW has a ton of un-prosecuted crimes in his past. I'm just trying to make the point that an absence of charges/prosecutions is not the same thing as someone not committing crimes. How often do we see a perpetrator commit some horrible crime, without warning, no criminal history, etc.? How often do we see a 20-year employee embezzling from his company? The best way to predict what someone will do is his/her previous behavior, but that's not fool-proof. We don't know what JW was up to for most of his life, because other than the carefully curated websites and SM accounts, he is a virtual ghost. We don't know what DW was doing before he came to the country at 20.

If you take away the hype, you have two under-employed men without educations or obvious means to support the life-styles to which they aspire. One has "the gift of gab" to get what he wants. The other uses violence.

That is a very good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe there are reporters who follow this thread. The members of this board have conducted a great deal of research. If they view something that interests them, they verify the details we have posted. IMO

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that.

Not to underestimate the power of talk, but i am not so sure that any uninformed speculation on the part of anonymous posters on an online chat room, even if made privy to someone involved in the case would have any impact at all. I just don't think we hold too much importance or influence. I could be wrong. It's not as though anything we say to each other is broadcast to the world as verified fact on MSM. If someone's life is ruined because they lied in a quadruple homicide case, that is very unfortunate for that person, but I wouldn't blame that on public speculation that that behavior is suspicious.

I wish in addition to the "thanks" button there was an "AMEN!" button.

That's not accurate. Red bag covered by manila envelope idea was reported in msm.

"The document confirms that cash was delivered by Jordan Wallace, an employee of Savopoulos' business, American Iron Works. At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

That's what MSM said, but that's not what the SW says.

At lunch with my husband and discussing the case. We often shop at Lowes. The cell phone reception is extremely spotty in the store. I asked him JW received a call inside of the store would it pop up as a missed call on the screen after he exited the store. Husband said no because there was no signal. It would have went straight to VM.

Interesting. He had an iPhone, so wouldn't he receive notification that he had a new voicemail?

Interesting. He had an iPhone, so wouldn't he receive notification that he had a new voicemail?

That's how my iPhone works, but you can change your settings to no notifications if you choose to.

I see what you're saying, but some of those items can be found in most households' garages or junk drawers. C'mon, everyone has a junk drawer even the wealthy. :wink:

Lots of households already have duct tape. I do and I'm an old lady.
DW could have held a knife to one of them and told another to go get duct tape, scotch tape, ribbons, rope or anything that could be used to bind.

Gasoline and matches? Same thing. It's been theorized here that the gas was siphoned from one of the many cars at the house. Matches could have been in kitchen junk drawer (birthday candles) or out in garage. DW smokes, so he may have had matches anyway.

The green vests had been reported to be from a box of green vests in the garage and we saw pics of what to me looked like cement curbing segments on the property itself by the garage and I was thinking that together, those might indicate that some sidewalk work was being done or planned for very soon or something for the backyard. I was thinking sidewalk because the green vests would be security vests for traffic visuals.

I don't think he thought anyone would be at home and it turned into a hostage/kidnapping situation.

Say, waaaay back we were discussing state vs federal charges and doesn't a kidnapping automatically make it federal? *hopehopehope* Although it may not matter at this point.

I think if this was premeditated to murder, someone would have brought a gun for sure, a silencer maybe? This was a horrible, horrible way to kill people unless you enjoyed the hands-on aspect.
BBM above: that cement sat in the driveway with that grill for several months as it can be seen in Google images from 2014.

I said this a while back. It's not been confirmed if there was a VM or not. Just an outgoing call. If there is a VM, that would point away from JW as involved, IMO. If there is no VM, that points to involvement. IMO.

I've often wondered if somehow someone dropped the phone and the last call was dialed, or, possibly, SS was injured and got to the phone and just hit the last call. That last call may or may not mean much ???

The call came 5 minutes before JW left Lowe's, so JW would have had the opportunity to return the call before starting his car. I would like to know where he was between that call and his being notified of the fire.

Me, too!

Someone should go test this out....safer than checking DW and JW's neighborhood!

There's no reason to beat around the bush at this point. JW knew SS was dead once the fire was set, perhaps before. IMO. There was nothing in the docs to indicate that they didn't suspect that the body of SS was SS.
I am not certain of this but all reports suggest that the three adults were not burned or if there was injury from the fire it did not hinder DCFD's ability to determine sex and age as well as some visible injuries. So, yes, most likely JW knew that the adult male was probably SS.

I've often wondered if somehow someone dropped the phone and the last call was dialed, or, possibly, SS was injured and got to the phone and just hit the last call. That last call may or may not mean much ???

The timing is significant because it's right before LE thinks the fire was set. But it is also probably right when DW + Co were packing up phones. Could be an accidental dial. "Butt dialing" is common enough that we once did a TV spot to sell a flip phone strictly because it stops butt dialing. [video=youtu;ZZ2ScWMi1dA]http://youtu.be/ZZ2ScWMi1dA[/video]

Only if the caller left a voice mail message. If the caller hung up, it would be a missed call, which I believe happened in his case based on reports of the call.

I kinda wondered that too Ridge. I always wonder if that phone call set off the end though. Maybe Mr S got the phone hit last outgoing call and DW caught him and all hell broke loose. I wish they would tell us if the call went to voicemail or how many times it rang.

I am not certain of this but all reports suggest that the three adults were not burned or if there was injury from the fire it did not hinder DCFD's ability to determine sex and age as well as some visible injuries. So, yes, most likely JW knew that the adult male was probably SS.

I was actually coming on a little strong by implying that he knew who was in the house because he had previous knowledge of who was being held. But I obviously don't know that!

That said, he would have had to guess that victims could have very well included those that lived in the house, right? And SS was missing at that point. so...

WS'ers, we've got some great minds and contributors (IMO) on this thread... and
I'm curious, what 3 pieces of evidence would YOU like uncovered?

I'll go first (not that I have a great mind or contribute much)

1) AIW accountants testimony of where the $$$ came from (BoA or AIW) and how JW received. Red bag/Manila envelope
2) where was JW after 12:00 till he received the call from AIW about fire
3) was there any VM from SS on JW's phone

We have IPhones and my husband said no. But, he does not know everything:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member