DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep going back to a WS'er saying that the Savopoulos' weren't "that" rich. These people were paid. That private jet is niiiiiice.

They were pretty rich. And smart, in that they put most of their wealth, including homes and plane (before selling it), boat, etc., in trusts. They didn't personally own any of that stuff, although as trustee of the trusts, they would control it. Again a perfectly legal tax maneuver. People have to have a certain amount of money and knowledgeable advisors to take advantage of these financial instruments. The tax savings have to be greater than the cost of setting them up to make them worthwhile.

The hush money thought is interesting.

It is difficult to keep JW's stories straight, but the red bag actually belongs in his second (and as far as we know, final story). In his first story, the money was handed to him in a manila envelope.

The problem was that LE reminded him that he had actually sent a photo of the money in the red bag to his girlfriend. "Hmm, JW, if you got your boss's money for the dojo in an envelope, why did you remove it and put it into a red bag?"

Then JW backtracked. "Oh, yes, LE, well now that you point that out, I lied about that. Sorry. What happened was that the accountant had $40k in his pockets. I needed something to carry it in, and I had brought my red bag, so I put the money in my bag. And then somehow I got that red bag with the money in it to fit into a manila envelope which was waiting for me in SS's car. Oh, what is that you say? It would be impossible for me to unlock the Mosler without going inside the house to retrieve the devices to unlock it? That would mean that I knew what was happening in the house. Yikes. Can't have that on the record. So, let's just say, I lied about that. The car was unlocked. Yep. Red bag. Unlocked. We'll go with that for now!"

I wish we knew the accountant's version of the money delivery (to JW).

​
We don't know what we don't know.
We likely will never know 10% of what the police know right now.
A few facts, and what's reported in the media
We will never likely have access to Police reports, polygraphs, interviews, forensics, etc. etc.
You have got to embrace your limitations.

BBM - One thing I've observed in other cases is it seems LE tells everyone, yes you passed the polygraph. It slays the senses cause you know better and it affects your tourette syndrome.

He only spoke publicly on the day he took over the case. We can't read anything into this about how much he's working.

I thought he'd given more than one interview, but you said he'd only spoken to his client once. My bad.

We don't know what we don't know.
We likely will never know 10% of what the police know right now.
A few facts, and what's reported in the media
We will never likely have access to Police reports, polygraphs, interviews, forensics, etc. etc.
You have got to embrace your limitations.

But, I don't wanna!

:pullhair: :pullhair: :deepbreaths: :tantrum:

Hah, yes. I remember back in the old days, in thread, like 6, when that idea first arose. I think its genesis was that some people thought that the red-lined bag probably had half the cash (since the charging documents mentioned that $20K was visible in the photo that was texted to W2) and that he put the other half in the manilla envelope that was putatively left in the car. Someone on Team JW explained the two bags by saying, "maybe it's just that the red bag was put INTO the manilla envelope with all 40K". It is pretty funny how speculation can take on a life its own just by repetition.

That's not accurate. Red bag covered by manila envelope idea was reported in msm.

"The document confirms that cash was delivered by Jordan Wallace, an employee of Savopoulos' business, American Iron Works. At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

That's not accurate. Red bag covered by manila envelope idea was reported in msm.

"The document confirms that cash was delivered by Jordan Wallace, an employee of Savopoulos' business, American Iron Works. At the victim's request, Wallace placed the money, which was in a red bag covered by a manila envelope, on the seat of a red sports car in the garage."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/signs-forced-entry-found-dc-mansion-murder-case/story?id=31506751

Interesting. That's very specific wording--doesn't sounding something they'd just assume. But it wasn't indicated In the second account, according to the docs. So, bank bag, I guess? Unless by "covered" they mean that the envelope was laid on top of the bag. We'll never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we? There was a reference to money in general but not a specific amount.

And why would we think ALL of the stolen cash would be recovered? He went to his girlfriends home the first night, then his sisters and his fathers, and then he partied with his brothers and some friends. PLENTY of places to stash $, give away $, spend $, buy drugs, etc, etc....

I've known some folks that used to work in journalism.
They feel there is very little true investigative work being down by any nationally
Prominent news organizations today.

I believe there are reporters who follow this thread. The members of this board have conducted a great deal of research. If they view something that interests them, they verify the details we have posted. IMO

BBM: Maybe.

I wish we could still see their SM accounts. I looked at both of them before they were taken down. I didn't have time to cross reference all their friends, but I saw A LOT of crossover in interests - flashy cars, especially. They both had friends: employed, unemployed, old, young, "****gish"-looking, professional-looking... Lots of people attended community colleges like DW and JW. JW waged numerous self-promotional web/SM campaigns where he was creating the image he wanted people to see. DW didn't.

Until 2005, when he was 25, DW didn't have a criminal record (that we can access). His first violent charge was in June 2006, other than the peace order taken out by his dad. Until then his charges were all traffic-related and petit-theft. In fact, most of his charges to that point were the kind that might go away if your dad was a police officer.

I'm not implying that JW has a ton of un-prosecuted crimes in his past. I'm just trying to make the point that an absence of charges/prosecutions is not the same thing as someone not committing crimes. How often do we see a perpetrator commit some horrible crime, without warning, no criminal history, etc.? How often do we see a 20-year employee embezzling from his company? The best way to predict what someone will do is his/her previous behavior, but that's not fool-proof. We don't know what JW was up to for most of his life, because other than the carefully curated websites and SM accounts, he is a virtual ghost. We don't know what DW was doing before he came to the country at 20.

If you take away the hype, you have two under-employed men without educations or obvious means to support the life-styles to which they aspire. One has "the gift of gab" to get what he wants. The other uses violence.

Devil's Advocate, and I'm not sure I totally believe it, but maybe he didn't call back because he was driving? It's illegal to do so here, so...maybe?

The call came 5 minutes before JW left Lowe's, so JW would have had the opportunity to return the call before starting his car. I would like to know where he was between that call and his being notified of the fire.

I think that was on the SW but o don't recall it being listed in the return. I'll look.

I'm too lazy to find it, but someone posted a photo of the type of one of the backpacks recovered and one had a red lining! That was the closest thing to a red-lined bag I have seen yet.

And why would we think ALL of the stolen cash would be recovered? He went to his girlfriends home the first night, then his sisters and his fathers, and then he partied with his brothers and some friends. PLENTY of places to stash $, give away $, spend $, buy drugs, etc, etc....

Agreed. I think he left the stash in vents in some of those homes just in case. 5k here 5k there.

The call came 5 minutes before JW left Lowe's, so JW would have had the opportunity to return the call before starting his car. I would like to know where he was between that call and his being notified of the fire.

At lunch with my husband and discussing the case. We often shop at Lowes. The cell phone reception is extremely spotty in the store. I asked him JW received a call inside of the store would it pop up as a missed call on the screen after he exited the store. Husband said no because there was no signal. It would have went straight to VM.

No we know what was found w DW when arrested.

And more than 20 k was found between them all. Are we to asssume he didnt spend any more of it, nor gave any of it to his gf or his family, who he was hiding out with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1