DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you post a photo (or even just words), next to the "post" button, there is a "friends" button. If you click on that, then "more options", then "custom", you get the following box where you can select which of your friends can NOT see the post.

ETA: this will apply only to the selected post - it doesn't block the person entirely.

View attachment 77282

Oh my gosh, this is getting funny :)
There is no doubt that you can share your posts with some friends and not others. The question is whether you can make a post PUBLIC (so, for instance, anyone in the world, such as WSers who are NOT friends of the FB poster, can see the post) and at the SAME TIME restrict specific FB friends from seeing it. I don't believe you can. I think PUBLIC means just that.

It turns out that NG wasn't needed as a conduit, because all the reasons listed earlier (maybe AB didn't speak English well, maybe SS didn't have his cell phone number, etc.) didn't apply, as SS called AB on Thursday morning when he came to the house. I find NG an odd choice to relay "coded messages", even though I agree that's what SS was doing.

You know maybe the call to NG was a test - since it was the one with PS screaming, it's a bit too convenient that the call was to NG and she didn't check her messages. Was PS screaming on other messages? Maybe he was duct taped after the test call.

But it was dead and SS didn't have a charger...

Hmmm... Could that be a code or was he hoping NG would call Vera's husband and someone would bring the charger to the house?

I think it was desperation. Even though the messages were saying stay away they were really meant to get someone to the house.

So would JW and NG have to go before the grand jury? Does DC ever make court precedings public on CourtTV or something?

It is possible that SS had to use Vera's cell phone to call her husband.

Sure (assuming, as I do, that her phone being dead was a lie instructed by DW). But why would DW want SS to use her phone when he could have just taken the number off her phone and called from SS's phone so that her husband might assume her phone is still dead and that's why he can't still reach her? (This might be giving DW way too much credit on my part.)

There is no doubt that you can share your posts with some friends and not others. The question is whether you can make a post PUBLIC (so, for instance, anyone in the world, such as WSers who are NOT friends of the FB poster, can see the post) and at the SAME TIME restrict specific FB friends from seeing it. I don't believe you can. I think PUBLIC means just that.

I think you're right. Following the above instructions will only allow the post to be visible to friends other than those selected. I don't think the general public can see the photo when you restrict it in other ways. Mea culpa... :)

Sure (assuming, as I do, that her phone being dead was a lie instructed by DW). But why would DW want SS to use her phone when he could have just taken the number off her phone and called from SS's phone so that her husband might assume her phone is still dead and that's why he can't still reach her? (This might be giving DW way too much credit on my part.)

Hmmm... Maybe SS's # wasn't programmed into AB's phone and VF knew AB wouldn't answer an unknown #, so they really did use Vera's phone so AB would think it was Vera calling him. Gosh! I don't know. This is crazy.

Hard to type, but do we think Amy was already deceased by this time? I mean it's obvious from the newest message that Amy handled the domestic staff, not Savvas. Shouldn't that have been the biggest CLUE ever to NG??

If you post a photo (or even just words), next to the "post" button, there is a "friends" button. If you click on that, then "more options", then "custom", you get the following box where you can select which of your friends can NOT see the post.

ETA: this will apply only to the selected post - it doesn't block the person entirely.

yes, but you cannot customize who sees a public post. his posts had to be public for us (non-friends) to see them. and for public posts, you cannot custom select which of your friends see them. what i was saying is there is no way to keep one of your fb friends from seeing a *public* post unless you block them, which in effect means there is no way to keep one of your fb friends from seeing a public post because if you block a friend, you 'unfriend' them too.

So would JW and NG have to go before the grand jury? Does DC ever make court precedings public on CourtTV or something?

actual proceedings are secret. They can be subpoenaed and if they fail to comply, be held in contempt.

JMO

Hmmm... Maybe SS's # wasn't programmed into AB's phone and VF knew AB wouldn't answer an unknown #, so they really did use Vera's phone so AB would think it was Vera calling him. Gosh! I don't know. This is crazy.

Hard to type, but do we think Amy was already deceased by this time? I mean it's obvious from the newest message that Amy handled the domestic staff, not Savvas. Shouldn't that have been the biggest CLUE ever to NG??

But SS had just spent the day with NG at the dojo. So it would not be weird for him to call her, imo.

yes, this is what i was saying. you are correct there is no way to keep public posts limited to certain friends. not sure what the relevance of this info was in the first place! (something about whether or not SS may have been disapproving of JW's fb posts, I think?) but i do unfortunately (due to annoying privacy issues ive experienced) know a lot about this topic:)

yes, but you cannot customize who sees a public post. his posts had to be public for us (non-friends) to see them. and for public posts, you cannot custom select which of your friends see them. what i was saying is there is no way to keep one of your fb friends from seeing a *public* post unless you block them, which in effect means there is no way to keep one of your fb friends from seeing a public post because if you block a friend, you 'unfriend' them too.

I seriously doubt any of the S family spent time reading JW's facebook postings. My email receives fb notices that pertain to family and friends who seem addicted to social media and they post constantly. I immediately delete the notices.

JMO

I seriously doubt any of the S family spent time reading JW's facebook postings. My email receives fb notices that pertain to family and friends who seem addicted to social media and they post constantly. I immediately delete the notices.

JMO

i have no clue whether any of this info about SM privacy fits into this case, i was merely stating what i know about fb privacy settings because that was being discussed in the previous thread. i tend to agree w you that the S family likely was not reading JWs posts.

But SS had just spent the day with NG at the dojo. So it would not be weird for him to call her, imo.

BBM. LE have not confirmed that SS was with NG on Wednesday. That is only her word. She was supposed to be working there and AS is the one who initially asked her via phone, not SS.

The media has reported the last person to see SS at the dojo was an employee of American Iron Works.

One longtime American Iron Works employee told police that he last saw Savvas Savopoulos at the Chantilly studio about 6 p.m. May 13, according to police documents. That employee told investigators that workers had been rushing to complete the martial arts studio, which had a grand opening planned for May 15. Savopoulos appeared on several Internet boards as a martial arts hobbyist and was involved in some exclusive clubs for the sport.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

BBM: What time was the VM to NG? And how does that fit with the time the pizza was ordered? I think it was reported that a woman placed the pizza order??? If it was not AS, then there was definitely a woman involved at the house. I guess I find it odd that SS, from what we've been told, handled everything with the phone calls. But not the pizza call. But don't know if my info is correct on that. Who is more confident saying what happened with the pizza order? Placed over the phone or the internet? TIA.

i have no clue whether any of this info about SM privacy fits into this case, i was merely stating what i know about fb privacy settings because that was being discussed in the previous thread. i tend to agree w you that the S family likely was not reading JWs posts.

And I agree with you. It's a giant leap for anyone to assume the S family knew about JW's highly unprofessional postings of photos of the interiors of their personal vehicles.

JMO

BBM: What time was the VM to NG? And how does that fit with the time the pizza was ordered? I think it was reported that a woman placed the pizza order??? If it was not AS, then there was definitely a woman involved at the house. I guess I find it odd that SS, from what we've been told, handled everything with the phone calls. But not the pizza call. But don't know if my info is correct on that. Who is more confident saying what happened with the pizza order? Placed over the phone or the internet? TIA.

I believe there was a woman in the house and that's who placed the pizza order and who ate the pizza. After all, we've been told by his former attorney that DW does not like pizza. And his DNA is on an uneaten piece. It may have been one of the two women detained with Wint.

I think AS would have taken the opportunity to ask for help and DW couldn't risk that.

JMO

That's a valid reason.
No matter what explanations SS had to come up with on the fly, VF's husband must have just been so confused. It just gets more heartbreaking the more you think about it.

I swear I was just thinking about the timing of that particular call.

Time of pizza order: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at approximately 9:14 p.m.

Time of VM to NG: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 9:35 p.m.

"On the night of May 13, a Domino's deliveryman brought two pizzas to the Washington home while the family members and their housekeeper were being held inside against their will, according to the criminal complaint.

The pizza boxes were found in the same place where three of the victims were located.

The pizza was ordered by a woman -- believed to be Amy Savopoulos -- and paid for with her credit card, according to the court documents.

The pizza order included instructions for the pizza to be left at the door because the woman who ordered it claimed she was nursing a sick child and couldn't come to the door, the documents state.

The delivery man placed the pizzas on the front porch, rang the door bell, and left. "
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/22/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings/

A source close to the family says Savvas was at the studio when he received a call wife from his wife luring him back home. Investigators believe Amy, their son, Philip, and housekeeper, Vera Figueroa, were already held hostage inside. Savvas arrives home and hours later at 9:35 Wednesday night investigators believe the suspect, Daron Wint, forced him to make a call:

Savvas' voicemail to Nellie: "Hey Nelly! It's Savvas. Amy is in bed sick tonight and she was sick this afternoon and Vera offered to stay and help her out because you know we're going through some stuff with Philip so she is going stay the night here. Okay. Thank you (pause). Oh, and would you send me a text when you get the message just so I can make sure. Thanks Nelly. Goodnight."

Reporter: Goodnight. Those words the last Nelly would ever hear again from Savvas, a man she had known for more than two decades, and on Thursday, just before 10:00 (a.m.), a final text message sent from Amy's phone saying:

(Final text to Nellie from Amy's phone) I am making sure you do not come today. (If you would come from or Monday that would be great.)

http://www.nbcwashington.com/video/#!/news/local/New-Recording-Released-in-Mansion-Murders/310181741

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1