DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His whole life just seems like a wasted opportunity. Like, he could have been a real success were it not for some key character flaws. Unfortunately -- you can't control the deck you're dealt. Who knows if anything in his upbringing caused him to feel so incredibly insecure...or maybe he was just born that way. I feel bad for the guy. Yes, I'm a softie and can feel bad for a pathological liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. We can get you set up at a protective shelter....:thinking:

Beside the fact, that I think it would be difficult for one person to contain four people, for that many hours (added that SS had 20 yrs. martial arts experience), two other clues lead me to believe that DW did not act alone. He ordered two pizzas (two different kinds). It doesn't seem reasonable that he would order one for the family and VF. And, back to the subject of the green vests. Why would one perp need more than one vest? I know it's possible the vests were property of the S family, but it seems like I recall, somewhere in these threads, someone stating that NG has said that she had not seen them before, at the house. I realize these issues have more than likely been thoroughly discussed and exhausted, but they keep nagging at me. Also, I have a question, that is probably a silly question: In DC, can you call up to county jail, and inquire if a certain person is being held and what their charges are? I'm asking, because in the county I live in, you are able to do that. Granted, I live in the Midwest, in a relatively small county, Lol.

I live in the south in a huge county and we have easy public access to the county sheriff's website via a link titled WHO'S IN JAIL. The information is available for the last ten years to current. The data isn't just those who are currently in jail. It has historical data if they were ever in this jail (for the past 10 yrs). The only exception I know of is redactions for sealing, expunging, or those in federal Witness Protection.

The search can be filtered for any or all of the following: last name, first name, booking date, race, sex, charges, arresting agency, and a few more filters.

Do any of you who live in DC know if the jail there has a similar online search option?

JW could have been arrested for all we know. I don't think he'd be arrested for lying since that was cleared up quickly, but if he admitted knowing anything before this happened? He could be in protective custody if he's to be a witness against DW or anybody else.

I did a vinelink search for DW today, he doesn't show up that I can find. Anything change?

No change, he's still locked up in the same place.

JW is not locked up in DC.

Appears others scrutinized website & concluded league is one of Autobahn's marketing programs w no official affiliation w named h/s or the st assoc-authority for h/s athletics.
Someone already posted about checking websites of 4 of the schools & not seeing ref's to school kart teams and concluded schools were not aware of Autobahn's use of school names.
From the following info, I'd have to agree w people who say schools were not aware & had not agreed to any assoc w kart racing teams or Autobahn, & would object to stmts below to that effect & expect retractions.

JW m/h/bn terminated from Autobahn for his involvement in ^. Maybe w cause, maybe not. IDK.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Students from around the state will now have the opportunity to represent their school on the race track. This league is open to all high school students in maryland, with students having to qualify for the league and their team through an open try-out day.... students can learn kart racing terminology and technical skills, ...all while representing their school on a competitive platform." bbm
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/about/ bbm

"The Teams
The teams in this league represent High Schools from around the State of Maryland, meet the racers that represent your school."
bbm
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/the-teams/ A list of schools & racers follows, pix of ea team.

"The Track
"Autobahn Indoor Speedway is 70,000 sq/ft of indoor racing action...
"
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/the-track/

"Registration
"...current Maryland High School student ... we are holding open Try Outs for on [dates & times]. All students will be assessed on skill, attitude and enthusiasm, giving them an opportunity to make their schools 4 or 2 person roster. This leagues is open to both private and public school students, the only requirements being that they field a team of at least 2 drivers, these teams must represent the school the students attend, and the teams must have an adult Team Manager at all of the events." bbm
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/resgitration/ [sic]

Website says teams must have adult Team Manager. Not seeing adult T/Mgr names listed.

"Weekly Results
"Week 6

March 09, 2015/ J W
Autobahn Indoor Speedway is proud to crown the [redacting high school name] as the first ever Maryland High School Varsity Karting Champions! Congratulations to [redacted racer names] ..."
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/results/

"Contact Us"
"... Autobahn Indoor Speedway..."
http://www.mdvarsitykarting.com/contact-us/

Still nothing new? It seems the JW discussion is never ending. I hope we get something else to chew on soon!!

Disappointing as it may be, I don't think LE has identified anyone else in the murders of the SS family and VF. Had they been identified they would be in jail at this time. That doesn't mean there wasn't more than one but if so, they don't know who. There still maybe unidentified DNA or other forensic evidence but I think an identified perp would be in jail.

Other charges may come from a grand jury for other crimes but until then, we wait.

JMO MOO

IMO we don't know who LE has in custody on other charges or on a sealed arrest warrant for this crime. It's killing me, but until LE makes an official announcement, we don't know anything that wasn't released in the documents in May.

I agree. This was not official. Who knows if someone from the school board approached Autobahn upset about JW's claims. I'm sure if it were official the schools would want ALL students to be given the opportunity so that it would be fair. I have worked with enough entities to know that you don't just go talking to the press, or using logos without getting official approval. JW strikes me as someone who doesn't follow the process.

Could that have had something to do with is firing by Autobahn in March?

Guys, I have been to the autobahn with my kids. Not what you all are surmising. It's a really fun place for entertainment and a fast ride "kid style." Just trying to bring some normalcy to the context.

You should search the Maryland court records for their employees. Start with the event and group coordinator. I guarantee you will never take your kids there again.

Could that have had something to do with is firing by Autobahn in March?

It could be that this was JW's big idea/dream and he talked his supervisors into letting him run with it. I honestly can't imagine giant legal repercussions for using high school logos ( that seems more like cease and desist stuff, but maybe private schools get litigious), but if the venture ended up being a bust moneywise or PR-wise, and if it did end up putting management in a bad position, they might have lost faith in JW as their main dude. Trying to start a high school racing competition doesn't seem malicious in any way--maybe naive, if he didn't get the schools onboard. I just have a feeling the bigger issue is that he billed himself to be more qualified than he was for the ad/comm role. If this high school thing didn't pan out, it might have been the icing on the cake.

Again, his craft isn't "media relations", it's racing. He wasn't writing a thesis.....he was blogging. Think of Mike Tyson. The guy can't put two words together......but he's a "boxer", not a public speaker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was paid by Autobahn to handle marketing and advertising during business hours, not to be a race car driver. He should be able to fill the job requirements.

Preparing myself for spears to fly...is it possible that he was "terminated" simply due to budget constraints? IMO for his age, background, and love of racing, he really did try to take AB to another level. He went way beyond what many would do in the same situation while employed at a laser tag business,

He had his own career aspirations and no doubt his love of racing was a passion. But, he still needed to eat. To me it appears it was a fairly new business and the manager/owner may have bought into his infectious love of the sport and dreamt about immediate financial benefits based on his passion.

But, basically AB, is a place for the most part, just a go kart entertainment facility like a laser tag, Chuck E. Cheeses or kids' zone with a few patrons who get bitten by the bug and pursue it at a higher level.

Most companies rely on the bottom line. Although his effort and ideas may have eventually led to a substantial increase in business...few companies have the luxury of waiting for a return. I honestly do not know. Just my humble opinion.

From the sites I viewed before they disappeared, he truly put forth an effort. I was impressed and why I am still sitting on the fence.

I read another comment earlier describing him as narcissistic and a liar.

It could have described three quarters of our politicians, CEOs and startup company founders. IMO.

And, yes his revised statements to LE still bother me and make me wonder. Other factors as well. IDK.

I agree that it's hard to overlook how attractive he is, and he seems from the photos like he's great at making the high school kids feel good about themselves -- some of whom I bet are sort of misfits -- which is a quality that is very easy to like. It also helps that his gf seems to have taken most of the photos of him at the track and other places, and we are seeing him through the camera of a woman who was in love. I feel very sad for him sometimes.

Sociopaths love taking advantage of those who pity them.

Preparing myself for spears to fly...is it possible that he was "terminated" simply due to budget constraints? IMO for his age, background, and love of racing, he really did try to take AB to another level. He went way beyond what many would do in the same situation while employed at a laser tag business,

He had his own career aspirations and no doubt his love of racing was a passion. But, he still needed to eat. To me it appears it was a fairly new business and the manager/owner may have bought into his infectious love of the sport and dreamt about immediate financial benefits based on his passion.

But, basically AB, is a place for the most part, just a go kart entertainment facility like a laser tag, Chuck E. Cheeses or kids' zone with a few patrons who get bitten by the bug and pursue it at a higher level.

Most companies rely on the bottom line. Although his effort and ideas may have eventually led to a substantial increase in business...few companies have the luxury of waiting for a return. I honestly do not know. Just my humble opinion.

From the sites I viewed before they disappeared, he truly put forth an effort. I was impressed and why I am still sitting on the fence.

I read another comment earlier describing him as narcissistic and a liar.

It could have described three quarters of our politicians, CEOs and startup company founders. IMO.

You are not alone in your views :)

It could be that this was JW's big idea/dream and he talked his supervisors into letting him run with it. I honestly can't imagine giant legal repercussions for using high school logos ( that seems more like cease and desist stuff, but maybe private schools get litigious), but if the venture ended up being a bust moneywise or PR-wise, and if it did end up putting management in a bad position, they might have lost faith in JW as their main dude. Trying to start a high school racing competition doesn't seem malicious in any way--maybe naive, if he didn't get the schools onboard. I just have a feeling the bigger issue is that he billed himself to be more qualified than he was for the ad/comm role. If this high school thing didn't pan out, it might have been the icing on the cake.

Could this have been his own side business where he was making money - not Autobahn?

He was paid by Autobahn to handle marketing and advertising during business hours, not to be a race car driver. He should be able to fill the job requirements.

I thought he was the competition director and another employee was in charge of marketing. But, I have viewed so many sites and articles the facts are starting to get jumbled up in my pea size brain:).

I can't help but feel that JW is one of those people who mean well but can't control their impulses. He seems to have a lot of energy, ambition, creative vision, and commitment to spreading his passion for the sport. Those are fantastic personal qualities. However the other side of the coin is everything we have seen and discussed -- annoying self-promoter, serial embellisher, braggart, acting without thinking, hungry for recognition, a sense of feeling owed something because he IS so passionate and committed...and I can't help but think when I look at those photos of him on the varsity karting site of how attractive he is. Sorry, I'm a lady who appreciates a pretty face. He seems really charismatic and probably comes across as very warm and endearing. I could see how he may feel entitled to what he thinks is owed to him. Handsome type As are often like that.

His whole life just seems like a wasted opportunity. Like, he could have been a real success were it not for some key character flaws. Unfortunately -- you can't control the deck you're dealt. Who knows if anything in his upbringing caused him to feel so incredibly insecure...or maybe he was just born that way. I feel bad for the guy. Yes, I'm a softie and can feel bad for a pathological liar.

All that follows is my personal opinion. I cannot understand how Jordan Wallace is such a hated suspect in this forum. For the life of me I don't see, understand, or connect the dots that are being discussed here. Honestly, we are now drawing a clinical diagnosis to a young man we've never even heard speak and have opinions based on a poorly written blog, a "statement" given to law enforcement that LE STATED WAS A LIE. Who knows the motivation behind LE for saying that.....doesn't make it true, doesn't make him a "liar". It means they were fishing and came up empty.

No ones life is wasted at 28. No ones life is wasted ever.

that the comparison is JW's mdvarsitykarting high school racing teams thing isn't real and is to be compared to snake oil?
and Facundo Thanks for explanation about "it."

Devil's advocate: MD high school karting league. The league was (is?) real, did have races. Not just someone's imagination. Comparison to snake oil may be appropriate. Or not, IDK.

Appears league had no official affiliation w named schools, and in opn of some here, schools would have objected or did object to use of school name by league (Autobahn). Ex of school names use = t-shirts in pix below of championship awards.

If there were injuries to karter(s) in these races, parents might look to either the school or Autobahn or both as being responsible. If there had been a serious injury, the track wd probably want to keepit quiet. Other issues too.

What is relationship of schools & state level athletic assoc? Just found http://www.mpssaa.org/ As someone posted, seems like schools wd determine participants' qualifications, etc., not up to the racing venue.
"The Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA) ... made up of public high schools
... promote and direct public high school interscholastic activities .... 199 public high schools,...in 24 sports.

The MPSSAA derives its authority from the Maryland State Department of Education and the 24 local school systems. The goal ... ensure a safe and educationally balanced program. Read more." <---dead link? bbm
^ MPSSAA does not include private schools, like karting league.

This seems so far removed from the four tragic deaths, yet the league may have impacted JW's departure from Autobahn. A very fragile thread possibly connecting to those deaths. Or not, IDK.
JM2cts, could be all wrong.

(Mods, if pix size should be reduced, can you pls help? IDK how)
VarsityLeague9.jpg

If they hired him as such and it was good enough for them and I'm assuming it was because the blog is still there.....good enough for me. He clearly "did" fill the requirements. If you know he was "fired".....and not speculation....please post the link. He was employed and "held the requirements" at some point. Someone hired him at some point or we wouldn't even be talking about this., which frankly, is nonsense.

There seems to be more name-calling and clinical diagnosis of JW, than DW, IMO. It also appears that his employment and firing with AB, has been dissected, analyzed, and rehashed...repeatedly. What about the employment, or lack thereof, of DW? Do we know why he lost his job at AIW? IMO, that might be more relevant.
All that follows is my personal opinion. I cannot understand how Jordan Wallace is such a hated suspect in this forum. For the life of me I don't see, understand, or connect the dots that are being discussed here. Honestly, we are now drawing a clinical diagnosis to a young man we've never even heard speak and have opinions based on a poorly written blog, a "statement" given to law enforcement that LE STATED WAS A LIE. Who knows the motivation behind LE for saying that.....doesn't make it true, doesn't make him a "liar". It means they were fishing and came up empty.

No ones life is wasted at 28. No ones life is wasted ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member